The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Alkk
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2016-09-07 07:39:51
Link | Citer | R

What's the hierarchy for QD bullets nowadays with the added REMA stuff, Animikii still king?
By eliroo 2016-09-07 07:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alkk said: »
What's the hierarchy for QD bullets nowadays with the added REMA stuff, Animikii still king?

I could be wrong but I think Living bullet will produce better results, outside of that, Animikii is the best.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-07 16:05:45
Link | Citer | R

For raw damage, Living pulls ahead a bit, but if you're after more macc or racc, Animikii reigns supreme.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-09 10:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Gearsets are sort of updated. Sort of cause I've been away 9 months(no, I wasn't pregnant) so I apologize in advance if something is amiss.

Need to update weapons still because I haven't had the time to look into those as well, I will take care of it in the next days.

I'm sorry for the long delay.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-09 11:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! appreciate it as I am building COR
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-10 04:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah the ambuscade set completely flew over my head...sigh, I'll see to re-update today *grumbles*
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-10 08:39:21
Link | Citer | R

How does carmine+1 compare to herc hands/body on leaden?

Also on Sanctity neck is there any benefit from the Macc/ratk/racc on Leaden or the only thing its really doing is mab10 so baetyl is better?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-10 08:57:01
Link | Citer | R

The macc certainly doesn't hurt to have, but purely for damage you obviously want Bae.
Sanctity definetely helpful on QD too.

As for Carmine, do consider that Herc gear requires capped mab augment to be the best for Leaden. Definetely consider the gloves if they're an easier target for you; for body aiming for herc would be best for the higher agi, but I understand the grief that the augment world can bring us so really just up to the individual there.
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-09-10 09:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have an updated Savage Blade set?
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-09-10 10:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Here's what I'm currently using:

ItemSet 343739
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-09-10 12:15:15
Link | Citer | R

If attack capped, which I find is the case more often than not on COR(since I never roll without a GEO and frailty/light shotted dia is an amazing combination), should be something like this:

ItemSet 346093
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-10 12:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Blittzjr said: »
Anyone have an updated Savage Blade set?

This is mine
ItemSet 326290

Missing suzaku ring, ambu backpiece has STR attk acc wsd. Herc augment is str attk acc wsd.

I built it before ambu set came out so I'm unsure if high attack on ambu set beats high wsd on herc, maybe time to check spreadsheet about it.....
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2016-09-10 12:29:54
Link | Citer | R

How does foetia neck/belt rank for Leaden and wildfire? When you can't wear obi, I thought neck/belt combo would beat out everything else because of the wsd but it seems everyone is using bae pendant?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-10 12:31:45
Link | Citer | R

They work like the old elemental gorgets/belts, so it's just +fTP.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-09-10 16:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Itachi said: »
How does foetia neck/belt rank for Leaden and wildfire? When you can't wear obi, I thought neck/belt combo would beat out everything else because of the wsd but it seems everyone is using bae pendant?

The translation on Fotia is actually wrong... it's +0.1FTP, not 10% WS Damage, so it'll have a higher impact on low-fTP WS's (especially low-fTP WS that carry across all hits), but have a much smaller effect on a high-fTP WS like Leaden. The actual WSD value roughly comes out to this:

1000TP (fTP 4.0): 2.5% WSD
2000TP (fTP 6.7): 1.5% WSD
3000TP (fTP 10.0): 1% WSD

So way short of 10%.

The MAB/Macc on Sanctity/Baetyl/Eschan Stone is probably going to net you more damage in the absence of weather/day bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-09-10 16:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Thanks afi, thorn, and mitch!
 Asura.Slazer
user: Slazer
By Asura.Slazer 2016-09-10 18:47:45
Link | Citer | R

Rawr! My COR now pewpews! With amazing augments
By Afania 2016-09-10 20:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Siren.Itachi said: »

The translation on Fotia is actually wrong... it's +0.1FTP, not 10% WS Damage, so it'll have a higher impact on low-fTP WS's (especially low-fTP WS that carry across all hits), but have a much smaller effect on a high-fTP WS like Leaden. The actual WSD value roughly comes out to this:

1000TP (fTP 4.0): 2.5% WSD
2000TP (fTP 6.7): 1.5% WSD
3000TP (fTP 10.0): 1% WSD

So way short of 10%.

The MAB/Macc on Sanctity/Baetyl/Eschan Stone is probably going to net you more damage in the absence of weather/day bonus.

fTP+ 0.1= straight fTP+ 0.1 correct? So leaden at 1000 TP = 4.7 fTP with moonshade?

If that's the case fotia waist may beat stone at high buff situations due to stone only has 7 mab, if ws at exactly 1000 tp.

Calculating using the excel post previously:
250 AGI 300 mab, mob has 150 INT and -30 MDB(NQ malaise),mythic bonus(x1.3), WSD+10% from ambu back, 0% weather bonus, 33 affinity, 217 magic dmg.

With stone= 27552, with fotia waist: 27568, with svelt gouriz+1 belt: 27795. Even without proc fotia seems to beat stone unless I calculate something wrong. If counting extra 1% chance of WS again fotia(I just add 1% of WS dmg in that case) also beats svelt gouriz +1.

I can't get fotia neck to beat mab+13 neck at 350 mab though, neck slot MAB is just too high to win. But it seems to beat Sanctity at 300 mab when counting 1% proc.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-11 05:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Ambuscade gear added. Now just need to revisit the weapons selection.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2016-09-13 07:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Cool guys thanks for the info. The item description is very misleading :(
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2016-09-13 17:36:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused how Taeon beats Herculean legs for Leaden? There's almost twice the AGI+ (32 vs 18) on the Herculean legs, just need to try for augments and whatnot...

I'm also not seeing much if any Carmine in those sets? There's a lot of MAB augments to be had on them IIRC.

Since we're listing ideals here... I have at least 4 Camulus' Mantles from Ambuscade with different augment sets. :x I'm wondering if I ought to do another one really... since I have one for Leaden/WF, one for Last Stand (and other ranged ws), one for Quick Draw, and one for ranged STP. (I probably should do a melee STP one, but I pretty much play like I'm a RNG with rolls & shots... so melee has pretty much always been a secondary concern to me.)

Additionally, I'm a bit curious as to how much Quadruple Attack I should be looking for, since the augments on Dampening Tam include it.

P.S. I<3U SEHA NEVER LEAVE AGAIN
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-13 17:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Too many questions *leaves*
By Afania 2016-09-13 18:08:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
I'm confused how Taeon beats Herculean legs for Leaden? There's almost twice the AGI+ (32 vs 18) on the Herculean legs, just need to try for augments and whatnot...

I'm also not seeing much if any Carmine in those sets? There's a lot of MAB augments to be had on them IIRC.

Since we're listing ideals here... I have at least 4 Camulus' Mantles from Ambuscade with different augment sets. :x I'm wondering if I ought to do another one really... since I have one for Leaden/WF, one for Last Stand (and other ranged ws), one for Quick Draw, and one for ranged STP. (I probably should do a melee STP one, but I pretty much play like I'm a RNG with rolls & shots... so melee has pretty much always been a secondary concern to me.)

Additionally, I'm a bit curious as to how much Quadruple Attack I should be looking for, since the augments on Dampening Tam include it.

P.S. I<3U SEHA NEVER LEAVE AGAIN

I don't see how taeon legs could beat herc legs either. That being said, herc could beat carmine if your aug is really good.

I highly suggest melee cape tbh, it's still one of the most effective way to dps on cor since rng setup mostly ineffective these days from what Ive known except Master Trials. Most of the content are still done in melee setup, and ra cor aren't going to compete in melee setup with melee buffs.

Savage blade cape is also great since this ws avg extremely high and you can get a lot of dps if someone opens SC for it.

I don't understand your question about QA...you should try to get them as you can. Are you asking whether you should stop getting more when you have certain amount?

Edit:Just FYI, 2 months ago I parsed ws avg on T1s solo with trusts, Savage avg 25 to 30k without geo buffs, last stand only avg 17 to 20k with similar amount of buffs. Last stand only really win with aeonic weap light sc or if closing SC off Savage. If someone opens SC for Savage then Savage >>>> last stand.

Thats before ambuscade set came out though, so my last stand set was a bit gimp back then.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-13 18:16:04
Link | Citer | R

I got +10 AGI and 20MAB on Herc legs so far
By Afania 2016-09-13 18:21:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
I got +10 AGI and 20MAB on Herc legs so far

Would also suggest mujin band as leaden ring when closing SC unless hitting dmg cap or sc bonus cap. 5% SC dmg should beat other alternatives in ring slot assuming NM takes more than 1.0 SC dmg.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-13 18:24:53
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even realize carmine could be augmented lol. Way too many augs in this game *quits*
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-13 18:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I didn't even realize carmine could be augmented lol. Way too many augs in this game *quits*

Sounds like you quit a while back =P
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-13 18:33:21
Link | Citer | R

HQ Carmine hands and body will be your best reliable MAB options, but excellent Herculean can beat them if you manage AGI, MAB, and WSD. Of course the likelihood of getting all three is absurdly low, and even lower for getting high values.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-13 18:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't mind augments, just the BS random ones like Herculean.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 156 157 158