Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 470 471 472 ... 836 837 838
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-12-14 12:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
He won't talk until you enter once.

Ah yeah! [Thank You] that did it.

Better stats than the +1 119 stuff on the +2 definitely.

It'll probably never happen though. Because the Omen stuff itself looks absolutely stupid.
1 of the tiger mobs was tearing a mastered BST jug pet up without batting an eyelid. Won about 5 battles before I timed out. Though I was only fighting for half the time. Daughter's comp packed in and I wasn't bothered with the Omen itself. Just the entry to check out the new gear from the gobbie.

I'm half assuming we're missing something and there will be atmas or something to use. Because if they're expecting 119 people, and even moreso unmastered jobs 119 people unlike my BST, to be able to sensibly fight level 130 mobs and fulfill the conditions, then they're just being silly.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-14 13:22:12
Link | Citer | R

The regular Sweetwater enemies are level 127 on VD. Try shouting to see if people want to join you, or maybe try it on a lower difficulty. The little challenges are almost like Voidwatch procs in that it's not likely that you'll be able to cover them all.

Even people with the highest end gear who've completed just about everything else the game has to offer are having a hard time with some of the NMs and challenges. In my experience, I see a lot of people expecting to steamroll the content and end up getting totally crushed by either unique mechanics or just not knowing when to go defensive.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-12-14 17:51:47
Link | Citer | R

How do you select difficulty? I didn't notice the option to select difficulty.

I've tried again today. And there's definitely no difficulty option upon entering.

So is there supposed to be easier difficulties? Because these mobs are just stupid solo even with a mastered 119.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-14 23:27:17
Link | Citer | R

This isn't a question but a general reminder: mog marble sales end tonight (2 and a half hours from the time of this post), get them asap.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-12-16 09:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Quick question from me on something that has happened in the last day or so. Seemingly randomly. But I suppose something might have got accidently pressed.

How do I change the language of the site back from French to English? It's not causing major problems because it's just the odd word that's in French in the menus and stuff. But it's not ideal lol.
By Azzariah 2016-12-16 09:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
Quick question from me on something that has happened in the last day or so. Seemingly randomly. But I suppose something might have got accidently pressed.

How do I change the language of the site back from French to English? It's not causing major problems because it's just the odd word that's in French in the menus and stuff. But it's not ideal lol.

Look right above the "New Items" box on the left side of your page. Should say, Language: with 4 options next to it. Font is really tiny.
By Jetackuu 2016-12-16 15:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Trying to remember, how to move a position of an addon, it's apparently different than the plugin command.
 Leviathan.Vow
Serveur: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2016-12-16 16:40:54
Link | Citer | R

You can usually drag them with your mouse.
By Jetackuu 2016-12-16 18:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vow said: »
You can usually drag them with your mouse.
Yeah, for some odd reason it's not working, even with the plugin enabled.
By Draylo 2016-12-16 18:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This isn't a question but a general reminder: mog marble sales end tonight (2 and a half hours from the time of this post), get them asap.

Ah lame, no marbles for me this year
By minikomby 2016-12-17 10:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone

Quick Question

i just got this morming Tatena. Haramaki

i want upgrade it to +1 version but

the question is: Can i do it? i havent won the PW v2 yet
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-17 11:47:28
Link | Citer | R

minikomby said: »
Hey everyone

Quick Question

i just got this morming Tatena. Haramaki

i want upgrade it to +1 version but

the question is: Can i do it? i havent won the PW v2 yet

Guessing you got from gobbiebox. You could buy the upgrade items off the AH and trade them, but you won't be able to "buy" the upgrade mat with Accolades.
By Shazu 2016-12-17 21:54:23
Link | Citer | R

If I want to farm Ambuscade for gil, which items should I choose for rewards?
By Pantafernando 2016-12-18 02:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Shazu said: »
If I want to farm Ambuscade for gil, which items should I choose for rewards?

Depend how are the prices on your server, but last i checked, it was riftcinder > riftdross > hmp > hp bayld.
By minikomby 2016-12-18 13:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me what is diference between quickens spellcasting and Quick magic?

are same thing ?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-18 13:58:56
Link | Citer | R

They're the same thing.
By Shazu 2016-12-18 15:01:04
Link | Citer | R

On a similar note,

what's the difference between Fast Cast +X% vs Fast Cast +X?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-12-18 15:13:34
Link | Citer | R

only appearance, they do the same thing
By minikomby 2016-12-18 15:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
They're the same thing.

Thank you
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-12-18 17:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Do WS damage + x% bonuses from gear apply to the total damage of the WS, or only to the first hit?

EDIT: Specifically, the augments for JSE capes from Ambuscade
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-18 18:05:28
Link | Citer | R

First hit only
[+]
By Shazu 2016-12-18 21:03:02
Link | Citer | R

what is GEOs role in Ambuscade? if I just keep up Indi frailty x2 and geo fury and toss some cures around am I doing ok? I'm also keeping Ecliptic Attrition up.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-18 21:56:15
Link | Citer | R

I think you need to revisit your fundamental understanding of the job in general before asking about its role in a specific fight, which is beyond the scope of a random question thread.
By Shazu 2016-12-18 22:45:01
Link | Citer | R

I think you need to revisit your fundamental understanding of the job in general before asking about its role in a specific fight, which is beyond the scope of a random question thread.

Can you point me in the right direction? The Bubble Trouble guide here on the forums explains all of the JAs/magic but doesn't really explain play style.
By Calinari 2016-12-18 22:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I don't really see what he's trying to say either.

You can't possibly screw up GEO. (unless the mob is secretly immune to bubbles).

Just do the spells the party asks for. Default to indi fury, geo frailty.

Torpor if the dd are ***. haste if theres lack of hastes. dia2 the mob. go afk.

That's GEO. in ambuscade. curing is helpful, you already do.

(you did say something about frail x2 i figured its just a simple error.).
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-18 23:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Shazu said: »

Can you point me in the right direction? The Bubble Trouble guide here on the forums explains all of the JAs/magic but doesn't really explain play style.

I would recommend asking general "how do I [insert job here]" within the respective job forum provided you can't get the answer from a sticky or from wiki/googling around. If you have to ask follow-up questions, it's better for them to be centralized within a guide thread or their own thread.

That said, if I am to assume you didn't make a typo, some general tips:

*GEO spells of the same type do not stack on top of each other (example: you can't do Indi-Fury+Entrust Indi Fury or Geo-Fury and expect double the attack buff)

*The default geo-spell for a melee party is Frailty. There are multiple reasons for this, but the main one is that, point for point, reducing enemy defense (or MDB) is more potent than increasing ally attack (or MAB). Given that Ambuscade is a short event where you can easily reset JA timers outside, you can always have Blaze of Glory ready.

*Ecliptic vs Lasting mostly depends on how long the fight is lasting, and how good your pet: regen set is. You don't want a blazed frailty to despawn with the battle still not complete if you could have otherwise kept it up longer with Lasting. Likewise, if Ecliptic+Blaze could have otherwise lasted the whole time and even expedited it further then that is what should be used.

*If you need to switch a spell for additional accuracy, it should generally be Indi-Fury--->Indi-Precision first.

*You may need to use Entrust Indi-Haste if you're using DDs that require it (i.e. things that aren't BLU) if you don't have a bard. If the fight is, for whatever reason, too long for an entrusted Indi-haste, then use that on yourself and Entrust the Indi-Fury/Precision.

*Make sure you're casting Dia II if no one else is. Distract isn't a bad idea either if you can land it. Cast haste on the DDs that need it. Use /WHM and help with -nas if someone else isn't quickly removing status ailments.
By Shazu 2016-12-18 23:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Ok thanks Kyte. That clears up a lot. I didn't realize I couldn't stack the same spells for added effect.

One other question: Does Ecliptic Attrition stack with Blaze of Glory?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-18 23:43:39
Link | Citer | R

They do (additively). However, Blaze/Ecliptic don't stack with Bolster (the bonus maxes out at x2).
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-19 00:23:43
Link | Citer | R

And please, sub rdm if you're doing volume 1. I can't forget the number of GEOs out there who don't know that by subbing rdm they'll get haste and flurry as opposed to just haste. Then again, that means actually having flurry I.
First Page 2 3 ... 470 471 472 ... 836 837 838