Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 469 470 471 ... 831 832 833
 Siren.Dilandu
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2016-12-03 08:00:58
Link | Citer | R

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Draylo said: »
Anyone know the general melee strat for the troll intense ambuscade on D? Couldn't figure the aura out with a THF doing aeolian edge.

Have everyone weapon skill at exactly the same time to prevent a skillchain from being formed and that nasty move (CDC-(BLU1, Circle Blade PLD/BLU2)and Aeolian Edge (THF)).

You don't have to WS at the same time. Just make sure you have enough acc to build TP fast and spam Aeolian Edge and Circle Blade. Also watch out for the other Pld trolls doing flash on you which could slow down your TP build.

My brother tried this with a pickup group and failed many times. Figured out the main problem is people not having enough acc to gain TP fast enough to keep up with WS. I had no problem doing this with one LS member dual boxing a Pld and Geo and me Thf and Blu. Used Indi-Haste and Geo-Frailty.

I don't know the exact acc needed but my thf has 1202 acc without food and it wasn't enough until I used a sublime sushi to get over 1300 acc. Blu had over 1260+ acc and seems to do fine.
By Pantafernando 2016-12-03 09:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Also, to add what devs said the battle theme is: whack-a-mole.

By Draylo 2016-12-03 12:19:11
Link | Citer | R

So you just spam those two? What is the mechanic exactly, just doing certain aoe dmg all at once?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-03 12:22:19
Link | Citer | R

RNGs auras are removed with physical weapon skills. PLDs auras are removed with magical weapon skills. Nothing to do with timing, it's just easier to do AoE to hit them both quickly since auras are reapplied in just a matter of seconds. Alternatively, if you have good DDs, you could kill the boss before the aura even gets put up in the first place. The initial aura timer (15 or 20 secs) starts when one of their HP drops below 100% (can apply GEO stuff and not start the aura timer; make sure tank isn't using some form of spikes), so wait 'til everyone's ready before starting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-05 09:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Do you need to proc popped NMs in Dynamis to get 100 drops, or can I just zerg them down asap for max drops/hour?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-12-05 09:18:29
Link | Citer | R

zerg
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-12-05 09:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said: »
Do you need to proc popped NMs in Dynamis to get 100 drops, or can I just zerg them down asap for max drops/hour?

I switched from my usual Valk to Jeuno to try and get 100s off NMs while also procing NQs for some extra coins. Got like 3 100s in the run and all of them were on non-proc NMs (not the force popped one but same principle should apply). Statistically not enough samples but proc'd tons of NMs and not a single 100 so it doesn't seem to help either. I'll try another run soon just clearing whole zone over and over as it seems that 100s are not affected by procs
By Shazu 2016-12-05 19:36:29
Link | Citer | R

Does RNG use Yoichinoyumi these days?
By aeonova 2016-12-05 23:17:32
Link | Citer | R

How do I unlock more tiers of Campaign Ops? I've done Granite Rose I [S] several dozen times now and am getting nothing. I just want to have them all complete in my Mission log, but am afraid that unless Campaign gets a buff of some sort that the dream is dead as I can't carry a server by myself with abandoned content.

Edit: Nevermind. Maybe around two dozen. I'll keep track of how many times I have to do this to unlock the third tier.

Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-05 23:52:56
Link | Citer | R

aeonova said: »
How do I unlock more tiers of Campaign Ops? I've done Granite Rose I [S] several dozen times now and am getting nothing. I just want to have them all complete in my Mission log, but am afraid that unless Campaign gets a buff of some sort that the dream is dead as I can't carry a server by myself with abandoned content.

Edit: Nevermind. Maybe around two dozen. I'll keep track of how many times I have to do this to unlock the third tier.

you need higher medals. You can get them from evaluations temporarily, but can now get them perminitly as you finish the wotg missions.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-06 11:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Skjalf was just wondering... are we 100% certain that the element associated with the White Magic spell Repose is in fact Light and not Water element? Could it be both? :o

Hmmmm....~

Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-12-06 12:36:56
Link | Citer | R

dats say light, so we're pretty sure

divine spells are associated with mnd, which is associated with water, so it's on the staff
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-06 13:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
dats say light, so we're pretty sure

divine spells are associated with mnd, which is associated with water, so it's on the staff

You are right! ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-08 07:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone compiled a list of trusts that proc JA in dynamis yet? I know the dancers are all good because they spam steps, but Im curious who else works well outside of them (also I am missing a few since they are rarely available)

Ive been finding August procs often since he provokes frequently, he works well.

Who else have we found to work well?
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-12-08 07:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Shazu said: »
Does RNG use Yoichinoyumi these days?
They can, if sans mythic.
It's not bad. But the empy gun is mythic level. And if you're hung up on bows, Gandiva is apparently really good now since the enmity adjustments. (Just gotta pay a little more attention than with the relics.)

So it's not terrible, but there are better REA options if you're not looking for a mythic.
(The Aeonic bow isn't terrible either... but it's not as good as Yoichi. And both are not as good as Gandiva. And all the bows aren't as stupidly good as Annihilator, which is about the same as a Death Penalty or Gastraphetes.)

That all being said, so long as it's the "121"... it'll be better than most every other 119 available. So if you like it, finish it.
By Fennec 2016-12-08 08:42:54
Link | Citer | R

Did stacking Magic Accuracy benefit landing the defense down aspect of Tachi: Ageha? With the addition of the Flamma/+1 sets I was wondering if WS such as Ageha and Armor Break might be more viable.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-08 09:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Didn't do a whole lot of testing, but a couple weeks ago I played with Ageha on some Reisen T1s to see the land rate with full Flamma+1 and miscellaneous M.Acc accessories.

Sang Buaya - Landed fine until about 8 mins in when he "rages".
Kabandha - Couldn't land even with Idris Focus/Languor
Zduhac - Landed one (half resist) out of two times with Idris Focus. Didn't land at all without Focus.

Only tried those 3 since they were the only T1s I had on me at the time. I may try more T1s after classes today and get more samples per NM (15 min time limit kinda sucks) as well. Maybe worth noting that before Flamma+1 I couldn't even get Ageha's Def Down to land on fodder in Ru'aun. Now it lands on Ru'Aun and Reisen fodder every time (oh boy, fodder!).
[+]
By Fennec 2016-12-08 09:39:14
Link | Citer | R

That's interesting news. Thanks for the tests, Llew. Looks like I might be wearing some Stikini's, M.Acc JSE cape, Eschan Stone, Pemphredo, and a Sanctity Necklace this weekend on WAR to see if Armor Break can land on T1s.

Edit: didn't read the part where you mentioned the accessories were already present. That's disheartening. Maybe Armor Break will perform better. I'll still give it a go.
By aeonova 2016-12-09 19:56:25
Link | Citer | R

What color will chocobo grow up to be? Are these blue tips or will this end up being a plain yellow? I race against an black-tipped so I know it's not going to be that.

Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-12-10 06:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said: »
Has anyone compiled a list of trusts that proc JA in dynamis yet? I know the dancers are all good because they spam steps, but Im curious who else works well outside of them (also I am missing a few since they are rarely available)

Ive been finding August procs often since he provokes frequently, he works well.

Who else have we found to work well?

Teodor's auto-attacks are technically JAs, so he must be able to proc with them, although I haven't tried myself.
By Antisense 2016-12-10 08:33:04
Link | Citer | R

aeonova said: »
What color will chocobo grow up to be? Are these blue tips or will this end up being a plain yellow? I race against an black-tipped so I know it's not going to be that.

White tailfeathers = yellow chocobo

Other colors correspond to the color of the adult chocobo (black, blue, red, green)
 Odin.Gimpers
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2016-12-11 15:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Is there a function to have a lua equip synthing skill gear?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-11 18:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Gimpers said: »

If you mean a way to auto equip your synth gear before each attempt, not sure. The way I do it is with an idle mode toggle and build a set. Then toggle to that idle when I'm crafting.

However, most crafters are like me, I'd assume in that I don't have a set "crafting" gearset. Depending on the synth,rings and neck change constantly (and sometimes head/hands). While I did do this setup,more often than not I'm just doing a //gs disable all and manually equipping what I need.
[+]
By Sammeh 2016-12-12 06:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Odin.Gimpers said: »

If you mean a way to auto equip your synth gear before each attempt, not sure. The way I do it is with an idle mode toggle and build a set. Then toggle to that idle when I'm crafting.

However, most crafters are like me, I'd assume in that I don't have a set "crafting" gearset. Depending on the synth,rings and neck change constantly (and sometimes head/hands). While I did do this setup,more often than not I'm just doing a //gs disable all and manually equipping what I need.

I have this in my gearswap:
sets.craftgear = {body="Carpenter\'s Apron",ring1="Craftmaster\'s Ring",ring2="Craftkeeper\'s Ring",neck="Carver\'s Torque",hands="Carpenter\'s Gloves"}
send_command('alias craft gs equip sets.craftgear; lua unload gearswap')
send_command('alias uncraft lua load gearswap; gs c update')

Then when I want to start crafting I just do //craft
When I want to stop crafting I just do //uncraft
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-12-12 16:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Is there a place one would be able to download the /tell chime?
Also does anyone know of any "live" or "dynamic" wallpapers for Android phones that are FFXI related? ;o
 Asura.Lordwmd
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Lordwmd 2016-12-12 23:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
must not laugh... must not laugh...

*Sees the magic pot mount spinning very fast*
hahahahahahahhahahahaha!
What happened? They finally released the thing and you stand like a freakishly stiff mannequin in the middle! https://youtu.be/bHczpZxllac?t=30m
By Calinari 2016-12-12 23:53:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna be totally honest here, I think mount is one of the dumbest *** things ever added. But If I were a Taru, that magic pot mount would be *** awesome.

All the mounts are made for Taru, and look terrible for all other races.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-12-14 08:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Are there any pre-requisites for getting the gobbie Coelestrox in Reisenjima to offer up the list of reforged AF gear?

He's giving me nothing except a line about food. Just the same line every time.

Yes, I've finished SoA and Rhapsodies. All the way to completion for both.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-14 09:02:35
Link | Citer | R

He won't talk until you enter once.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 469 470 471 ... 831 832 833