Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 471 472 473 ... 842 843 844
By veddertehtaco 2016-12-19 00:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Does the triple shot on cor body and cape always come in to play or is it only when you have triple shot active?
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-19 00:33:48
Link | Citer | R

Only when active, and they both need to be equipped during the shot to receive the bonus.
 Asura.Kmera
Serveur: Asura
user: kmera
By Asura.Kmera 2016-12-20 20:29:40
Link | Citer | R

A question about Geas Fete mobs' HP.

BG-Wiki says that (for example) Duke Vepar has 300k HP with a party of 3, but 500k with a party of 6. Does the increase move proportionately for party sizes of 4 and 5, or is the HP for a party of 5 the same as a party of 6?

I was told today that a party of 5 for Duke would still be 300k, and that the addition of the 6th member would jump it to 500k. Counter-intuitive ... though I have heard that a jump from a party of 6 to one of 7 increases HP by 1/6.
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-20 21:00:41
Link | Citer | R

strats on Sabotender Royal?
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-12-20 22:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
strats on Sabotender Royal?

It's a classic MB + nuke fight, can solo on SCH with the usual helix+nukes MBs, I personally use ice. The only trick is to kill as fast as possible as trusts/tanks won't survive ??? needle (4th needle move used, gives you like 3 mins).
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-20 23:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kmera said: »
A question about Geas Fete mobs' HP.

BG-Wiki says that (for example) Duke Vepar has 300k HP with a party of 3, but 500k with a party of 6. Does the increase move proportionately for party sizes of 4 and 5, or is the HP for a party of 5 the same as a party of 6?

I was told today that a party of 5 for Duke would still be 300k, and that the addition of the 6th member would jump it to 500k. Counter-intuitive ... though I have heard that a jump from a party of 6 to one of 7 increases HP by 1/6.

The HP increase is per person.
 Asura.Kmera
user: kmera
By Asura.Kmera 2016-12-20 23:37:59
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, Kyle.

Do you know if it is linear? So, in my example, Duke would be 300k @ 3, 366k @ 4, 433k @ 5, and 500k @ 6?

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-12-21 00:53:49
Link | Citer | R

if its 300k at 3, its 400k at 4, 500k at 5, 600k at 6. its linear, anything below 3 is counted as 3

whether those numbers are accurate for vepar specifically idk, anyone can edit a wiki
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2016-12-21 19:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Recently came back to the game after a year or so away. Anyone willing to share a way to farm M silverpieces so I can finish my Amanomurakumo? Or is just a general dynamis farm and selling the bynes + shells then buying bronze and silver the fastest way?
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-12-21 20:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Diluted said: »
Recently came back to the game after a year or so away. Anyone willing to share a way to farm M silverpieces so I can finish my Amanomurakumo? Or is just a general dynamis farm and selling the bynes + shells then buying bronze and silver the fastest way?

At least on Shiva, Dyna currency sells crazy fast so I wouldn't focus on a specific one and just sell your extras for what you need. Personally I like Valkurm/Bubu as you can farm mobs by JA all days long switching areas. It really helps if you have DNC trusts (Mayakov,Uka and Mumor) as they spam steps and can procs mob after mob.

Best luck with your weapon!
 Asura.Diluted
By Asura.Diluted 2016-12-21 21:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the trust tips :D
By aeonova 2016-12-25 00:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone find a good way to defeat the Starlight Festival minigame in Windy that plays like Mastermind? The ones I find don't have "5 peg / 6 color" rules. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Edit: It was brutal, but I powered through rather better than I anticipated and ended up beating the normal and advanced. Whew. Glad that's over. I'll leave this post here in case anyone else wanted help.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-12-25 11:19:57
Link | Citer | R

What do you do when a mission mechanic breaks and prevents you from making any further progress in the story line?

My wife is stuck on the mission "Somber Dreams" (Rhapsodies).

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Mission_2-18

Apparently she killed Cetus, then went straight to the walk of echoes and got the cutscene there before re-clicking the ??? that spawned Cetus. Her mission log says she's still on "Somber Dreams" yet none of the ??? on the ground will do anything.

We've tried zoning and coming back and relogging. It would appear she is stuck on this mission forever.
By Bahadir 2016-12-25 12:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Srry! Almost certain that its been answered somewhere but couldnt find it.
Does
/equipset X
/ws Y <t>
and/or
/equipset X
/ma Y <t>
work to WS in the proper set/get into proper precast set or do I need a /wait 1?
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2016-12-25 12:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
What do you do when a mission mechanic breaks and prevents you from making any further progress in the story line?
Have they done the Cait Sith / Atomos fight unlocks? I believe I was stuck at that same part, then once I did those I was able to continue, if I recall correctly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-12-25 13:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahadir said: »
Srry! Almost certain that its been answered somewhere but couldnt find it.
Does
/equipset X
/ws Y <t>
and/or
/equipset X
/ma Y <t>
work to WS in the proper set/get into proper precast set or do I need a /wait 1?

You don't need to put any /wait between /equipset and /ma or /ja or /ws.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-12-26 17:44:58
Link | Citer | R

What framerates are you guys having on FFXI? I'm only averaging around 12 fps, and with bad spikes in battle I get it down to 4~5 fps, which is pretty crippling on DNC, WHM etc. I'm on a newish gaming laptop, Lenovo Y50, and I don't have problems with other PC games on normal settings.

Any suggestions? Is this just how FFXI is?

EDIT: Using Windower 4, but the problem persists even in vanilla.

Double EDIT: This has been the norm for a long time now, I'm just asking now because it's screwed me over lately.
By Azurea 2016-12-26 20:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Lenovo Y50

If this is the model with a dedicated nvidia card, go into nvidia control panel, manage 3d settings, program settings tab,
POL.exe, and set power management to prefer maximum performance. After that, if game was running when you made the changes, completely shut down FFXI, then run it again. I have a feeling the craptastic integrated intel GPU is attempting to do the work, and those have been known to produce the performance issues you're having. Beyond that, check your Windows power settings to see min/max CPU percentages when unplugged/plugged, as XI is far more CPU bound (in my experience). More than likely its the Nvidia settings though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-26 20:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Whats a solid trust setup and job choice for soloing Selkit?

I have a decent monk, and a solid full DT paladin, as well as summoner.

I have pretty much every notable trust at my disposal except Amchuchu.

I know Teodor and Arciela II and August can lock selkit into spamming the one move. Whats good for the rest of the party, and which job would be best?

Would Pld/Nin with Teodor+Arciella+Apururu+Ulmia+Ghesso Work well?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-26 21:04:50
Link | Citer | R

nin + trusts is best solo, you can do it with a well geared nin in 2:30 pretty avg with near to no chance at death, only when an aoe poison sneak through (once every 20+ kills from my experience)
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-27 00:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately nin is not one of the jobs that I listed as having.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-27 01:31:52
Link | Citer | R

4 hrs to lv it and make life easier on a few solos :D

go w/e then its an easy mob on any of your lited jobs too, key thing is whether you want to hell scissor lock it, then you /nin, if not then treat it like any other hard fight. Regardless I find gessho tank him like a boss.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-27 01:44:09
Link | Citer | R

In these last days of double unity coffer thing, I want to solo farm me some Keeper of Hallingtum.
Guess it's easy but never tried, so I'm looking for info/suggestions.

Should I tank it myself or is can I rely on trust tanks?
Any particular trust combination that anybody can suggest me to use?

The only two "dangerous" things I can see about this NM are:
1) Avoidance during Hundred Fists
2) Randomly absorbs buffs with melee attacks

Not sure if first point would be an issue with August, but I'm sure I could take care of it with me RUN/NIN or NIN main.
Second point I dunno, I guess this means I either need to bring dispelling trusts, a dispel-job myself or keep buffs low? Or use buffs which can't be absorbed.

Jobs I have available:
1) SCH
2) RMEA BRD (ddBRD too)
3) Idris GEO (ddGEO too)
4) NIN
5) RUN
6) PUP (ready to tank, but if I use tanking gear then I'm afraid I won't be able to do much damage myself)
7) lolMNK
8) SMN
By Calinari 2016-12-27 01:56:28
Link | Citer | R

For knowledge sake, the last time I did that unm, He would eat reasonably geared PLDs alive. So i'm pretty sure it will absolutely destroy a trust tank.

Barrier from Idris would make it possible, but it would die very slow.

It dies in a single 3 step sc (Rudra's). I think it would be very hard to solo. Trust AI will lose it's mind with the dispel/absorbs.

PUP might be best route for solo. Or sch zombie.

(but i haven't done it since 2014 and it could be a complete joke now cause power creep.)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-27 02:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I could 3 step Radiance on NIN if I farm 3k TP on mobs around and let Trust buff me to put me at delay cap?
On NIN I get lotsa shadows, as long as I manage to keep those up his attacks won't hit me and hence won't absorb any buffs.
Not sure how feasible it is to keep shadows up when he has Hundred Fists going though =/

Alas I retired my DNC and don't really want to update my LUA with ne gear and stuff :x

Regardless, thanks for the info!
By Calinari 2016-12-27 02:12:16
Link | Citer | R

maybe 4 stepping to radiance should do it, it would be a race of glass cannons. lol. I don't know how much damage you'd do.

If shadows drop before you hit the sc, you're probably toast. A trust tank could buy you those precious seconds.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-27 02:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of UNM strats, I've never even fought Wyverhunter Bambrox but a friend wants the crossbow (I got the +1 from Unity dial, thanks gobbies!) and I may hit that in the next couple days.

Any tips? I know almost nothing about the fight, just that a couple LS people went unprepared and it was killing people with EES. Tanking it sounded like the harder part, and in that respect I have PUP (master, excellent tanking gear and I'm guessing could eat EES fine), NIN (shadows/migawari), RUN (foil if that works). Or could bring one of the several LS PLDs.
 Asura.Diluted
By Asura.Diluted 2016-12-27 05:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Where are the ambuscade vouchers from? They're listed on BGWiki as from Gallantry yet they're not part of any form of rewards on my end?
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2016-12-27 06:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Diluted said: »
Where are the ambuscade vouchers from? They're listed on BGWiki as from Gallantry yet they're not part of any form of rewards on my end?

They were only available in September for Hallmarks and October for Gallantry. BG-Wiki doesn't say this, but you can notice there's a month gap in gear between August and October. The slips will probably come back around for another month soon. Probably in March (Hallmarks) and April (Gallantry) as there are only two sets left (in theory) available from Ambuscade.
First Page 2 3 ... 471 472 473 ... 842 843 844