Random Politics & Religion #27

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 50 51 52
By fonewear 2017-09-25 08:36:53
Link | Citer | R

She must work for Best Buy geek squad

YouTube Video Placeholder
    By fonewear 2017-09-25 08:38:43
    Link | Citer | R

I don't know how e-mail works probably magic.
     Garuda.Chanti
    Serveur: Garuda
    Game: FFXI
    user: Chanti
    By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-25 09:21:50
    Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
    People dont like politics with their sports.
    Is why no sport ever plays the national anthem before every game?
    By Nausi 2017-09-25 09:47:13
    Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
    Patriotism is only a political football, in the minds of people who hate the country. For everyone else its kind of assumed that hey I live here, of course i kind of like my country.
    [+]
     Garuda.Chanti
    By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-25 10:17:46
    Link | Citer | R

And something we can all cheer about!

Anthony Weiner gets 21 months in prison in sexting case

CNN
    [+]
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 10:26:47
    Link | Citer | R

The government pays teams to be patriotic.

*shrug*

I'm a season ticket holder for the Penguins and I attend a few other sporting events every year to boot. I stand, remove my hat, and sing along with the SSB quietly out of a sense of respect for what the flag and anthem -- both ours and Canada's, when we play Canadian teams -- stand for.

That said I wouldn't be sad if they went away from games completely because I never really saw a good reason to have them there in the first place. The PoA in school makes more sense to me than the SSB at games. I could live without either personally because I think patriotism is born of observing actions worth respecting, not by enforced dogma and propaganda.

At the end of the day I just have a distaste for the spectacle of it all overshadowing the reason I actually watch the games.

Then again, the Steelers played horrifically enough yesterday though that maybe any spectacle drawing away from how shitty they were is a good thing.

I do think, however, it wouldn't hurt for people to try and *** see things from each others' perspectives for just a god damn second. The people protesting may not be doing it in the most appropriate way, but they have reasons to do so. And the people angry with them have reason to be angry with them for disrespecting our symbols of freedom rather than the people committing questionable acts behind those symbols.

Nevertheless, I watch entertainment to get away from this ***. I wish they'd stop dragging it into it.
    [+]
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 10:31:38
    Link | Citer | R

And for the record, as a marching percussionist for many years who has played the SSB more times than some of you have probably heard it, this is why I tend to glaze over during it. That I remember the words at all sometimes is amazing.

[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 10:39:21
    Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
    Ramyrez said: »
    That said I wouldn't be sad if they went away from games completely because I never really saw a good reason to have them there in the first place.

The only reason I would be sad about it is because I love to see the Bruins singer Rene Rancourt hyped everytime he sings, that man really loves his job.

If I could have Jeff Jimerson do our anthem every game it would be so much better. I get so sick of the high school talent show winners and stuff doing it. They're so. god. damn. bad. It's a bigger affront to the song than anything these NFL'ers are doing.

In their defense, it's actually not an easy song to sing well. But when women try to nail these high notes or throw ungodly amounts of vibrato into it...ugh. *cringe*

I prefer our regular guy (the aforementioned Mr. Jimerson), or choirs/instrumental renditions.
    By fonewear 2017-09-25 10:45:49
    Link | Citer | R

And something we can all cheer about!

Anthony Weiner gets 21 months in prison in sexting case

CNN

I'm sure he can have all the weiners he wants in prison !
     Shiva.Shruiken
    Serveur: Shiva
    By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-09-25 10:49:19
    Link | Citer | R

I was getting ready to post a similar article, Ramy.

DoD paid $53 million of taxpayers' money to pro sports for military tributes, report says

Breaking news! Sports have been politicized long before Colin Kaepernick.
    [+]
    By fonewear 2017-09-25 10:49:28
    Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
    That said I wouldn't be sad if they went away from games completely because I never really saw a good reason to have them there in the first place.

The only reason I would be sad about it is because I love to see the Bruins singer Rene Rancourt hyped everytime he sings, that man really loves his job.
    By fonewear 2017-09-25 10:50:18
    Link | Citer | R

Oh Canada we drink our maple syrup for thee !
    [+]
    By fonewear 2017-09-25 10:52:12
    Link | Citer | R

True patriots of the frozen tundra with hockey sticks and politeness for all !
    [+]
    By fonewear 2017-09-25 10:53:58
    Link | Citer | R

See they would be too polite in Canada to protest. They say no you protest no after you !
     Garuda.Chanti
    By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-25 10:54:24
    Link | Citer | R

Trump Attack Increases NFL Player Protests by 2,000%
    More than 130 players sat, knelt, or raised their fists for national anthem Sunday

Newser
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 10:54:45
    Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
    Oh Canada we drink our maple syrup for thee !

Don't be stupid. They eat the syrup.

They drink their exactly-the-same-but-better-because-it's-Canadian beer for thee.
    [+]
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 10:56:04
    Link | Citer | R

See they would be too polite in Canada to protest. They say no you protest no after you !

Until their hockey team loses.

[+]
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 10:57:18
    Link | Citer | R

Toronto fans don't riot though because when you've lost as much as they have you just accept it.

They're like the Irish of hockey.

Wait, no. They're the richest team in the league anyhow.

They're like the, uh. Saudi Arabia of hockey?

Mmm. I didn't think this metaphor through well.
    [+]
    By fonewear 2017-09-25 10:58:16
    Link | Citer | R

Canada perfectly described in 5 seconds:

By fonewear 2017-09-25 10:59:50
    Link | Citer | R

Toronto fans don't riot though because when you've lost as much as they have you just accept it.

They're like the Irish of hockey.

Wait, no. They're the richest team in the league anyhow.

They're like the, uh. Saudi Arabia of hockey?

Mmm. I didn't think this metaphor through well.

Toronto is the worst that is where Big Red the feminist hails from. Filled with SJW and all sorts of cretins !
    By Nausi 2017-09-25 11:00:19
    Link | Citer | R

The government pays teams to be patriotic.

*shrug*

I'm a season ticket holder for the Penguins and I attend a few other sporting events every year to boot. I stand, remove my hat, and sing along with the SSB quietly out of a sense of respect for what the flag and anthem -- both ours and Canada's, when we play Canadian teams -- stand for.

That said I wouldn't be sad if they went away from games completely because I never really saw a good reason to have them there in the first place. The PoA in school makes more sense to me than the SSB at games. I could live without either personally because I think patriotism is born of observing actions worth respecting, not by enforced dogma and propaganda.

At the end of the day I just have a distaste for the spectacle of it all overshadowing the reason I actually watch the games.

Then again, the Steelers played horrifically enough yesterday though that maybe any spectacle drawing away from how shitty they were is a good thing.

I do think, however, it wouldn't hurt for people to try and *** see things from each others' perspectives for just a god damn second. The people protesting may not be doing it in the most appropriate way, but they have reasons to do so. And the people angry with them have reason to be angry with them for disrespecting our symbols of freedom rather than the people committing questionable acts behind those symbols.

Nevertheless, I watch entertainment to get away from this ***. I wish they'd stop dragging it into it.

The same mechanism that makes people tune out the emmys and oscars (millionaires complaining the country isnt fair while taking the spotlight in an unrelated venue) will manifest itself in sports.

Trump wins everytime he ties his name to being *** at it.
     Shiva.Shruiken
    Serveur: Shiva
    By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-09-25 11:00:22
    Link | Citer | R

[+]
    By Zerowone 2017-09-25 11:01:46
    Link | Citer | R

Until their hockey team loses.

Still pales in comparison to what Red Wings fans do... when they win.
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 11:03:34
    Link | Citer | R

The same mechanism that makes people tune out the emmys and oscars (millionaires complaining the country isnt fair while taking the spotlight in an unrelated venue) will manifest itself in sports.

Is there any sort of polling or info stating that's the reason people tune out of dog and pony award shows? As I stated last week or so, I stopped caring about them long about the time I realized they were about record/movie sales and who greases the wheels of those industries...not talent.

So in like 1989.
    By Zerowone 2017-09-25 11:04:33
    Link | Citer | R

Trump wins everytime he ties his name to being *** at it.

Huh? What?

"Trump is Pavlov, everyone is just his dog"
    [+]
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 11:05:36
    Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »

Well luckily for Detroit, the Wings aren't in any danger of that happening again any time soon unless Ken Holland has figured out how to clone Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Zetterberg.

Because he's proved over and over again he lucked the *** out with those picks and his scouting acumen has been highly overrated.
    By Zerowone 2017-09-25 11:07:52
    Link | Citer | R

Well luckily for Detroit, the Wings aren't in any danger of that happening again any time soon unless Ken Holland has figured out how to clone Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Zetterberg.

Because he's proved over and over again he lucked the *** out with those picks and his scouting acumen has been highly overrated.

Nah. They just need to hop on the Trump train in order collude for a new generation of the Russian 5.
    By Zerowone 2017-09-25 11:08:39
    Link | Citer | R

Don't forget the "Wizards of Ov"
    By Ramyrez 2017-09-25 11:09:16
    Link | Citer | R

Nah. They just need to hop on the Trump train in order collude for a new generation of the Russian 5.

Unless Donnie can get the league to lift the salary cap Detroit's days of dominance are over for the foreseeable future. Those 90s/early 00s Red Wings teams were so *** loaded with big money it's almost a travesty that they didn't win every year.
    [+]
    First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 50 51 52