Random Politics & Religion #27

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 50 51 52
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-24 09:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
They do now!!!!
I was hoping you'd be the one to make such a change.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-24 09:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Nausi said: »
Its funny that people think celebs get the best of trump when they talk ***to him. They just give him another opportunity to expand his base by telling off liberals
It makes him look unprofessional and unpresidential is the issue. Presidents don't really act that way publicly. If anything these liberal celebrities are baiting Trump into making himself look immature in front of the entire world.

Don't get me wrong, it's a two way street. LeBron looks just as unprofessional there as Trump, but Trump is held to a higher standard because he's president.

You realize that you've set up the premise that he cannot defend himself from his critics without him being "unpresidential" right?

Trump's only "correct" move is to step down and declare Hillary (or other liberal favorite) as the President. This is the liberal viewpoint, it's all or nothing, with me or against me, and so forth. Trump knows this and doesn't even bother playing by their rigged system. That more then anything is what infuriates the leftists, they spent decades building this labyrinthine set of Politically Correct rules that they force people to play by and Trump just says "*** that noise", and wins.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-09-24 09:41:03
Link | Citer | R

I would expect even more players to kneel at the anthem today thanks to Trump's stupidity. He made it worse.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-24 09:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Obama promised change... while this assuredly is not what he had in mind...

It's one of those "be careful what you wish for things."

Kudos for keeping one of your campaign promises.

THANKS OBAMA!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-09-24 09:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Wait, are you telling me that we elected a guy who doesn't follow the societal norms of your standard politician? By golly, this is an outrage! We had no way of foreseeing this!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-09-24 09:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
I would expect even more players to kneel at the anthem today thanks to Trump's stupidity. He made it worse.

Except when athletes act out, it seems to lowers their sport's ratings in the long run. Trump's ratings recently jumped much higher. Who's losing here?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-24 09:52:23
Link | Citer | R

I don't consider some basketball player an expert on politics maybe you do !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-24 09:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Just because you have a platform on Twitter (dumb basketball player) doesn't mean people give a ***about your political opinions. Stick to the basketball son !
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-09-24 09:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Except when athletes act out, it seems to lowers their sport's ratings in the long run. Trump's ratings recently jumped much higher. Who's losing here?

I don't know where you are getting this from, maybe cite an example? As long as the revenue keeps pouring in, which it is, nothing else really matters. The NFL brought in $14 billion last year, and its expected to go up again this year. They are aiming for $25 billion in revenue by 2027 and are on track to reach it. And the sad thing is the NFL is a complete mess right now, but Trump probably just helped them out with his little temper tantrum.
By fonewear 2017-09-24 09:56:47
Link | Citer | R

No one watches the NFL to sit some guy kneel during the anthem. It's a sporting event not CNN.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-24 09:57:12
Link | Citer | R

If you want to protest go march in the streets with Black Lives Matter. I'm trying to watch football here !
By fonewear 2017-09-24 09:59:51
Link | Citer | R

It would be like if you go to Wal Mart and the cashier doesn't check out your items but instead kneels at the cash register. There is a time and place to protest. And a football game isn't the right venue.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-24 10:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Vic cares.. they reached one ffxiah poster!!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-09-24 10:05:07
Link | Citer | R

I don't know where you are getting this from, maybe cite an example? As long as the revenue keeps pouring in, which it is, nothing else really matters. The NFL brought in $14 billion last year, and its expected to go up again this year. They are aiming for $25 billion in revenue by 2027 and are on track to reach it. And the sad thing is the NFL is a complete mess right now, but Trump probably just helped them out with his little temper tantrum.

Yeah, the NFL is getting it's revenue, but it's mostly due to strong-arming TV deals. That's a bubble that can't last if their ratings keep tanking and they can't fill stadiums. And yes, there might be a some tuning in out of curiosity for the next little bit, but in the long run people watch football to watch football. Over-politicizing it with these stupid protests will just turn people away.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-24 10:05:31
Link | Citer | R

Simple question who is more powerful the POTUS or some guy that plays basketball.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-24 10:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Foose ball is teh debil! .waterbiy/mama says
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-24 10:09:04
Link | Citer | R

The same people bitching about trump using Twitter are on Twitter bitching about Trump using Twitter...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-24 10:09:38
Link | Citer | R

If you don't like the President stop hanging on his every tweet. Go get a freaking life.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-24 10:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Trump's rating recently jumped because, well, let's be honest. Who doesn't want to see Little Rocket Man taken down several pegs?

Asura.Saevel said: »
Trump's only "correct" move is to
...stop tweeting like a high schooler who is *looks at urban dicionary* ahem, "beefing"
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-24 10:55:36
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
It would be like if you go to Wal Mart and the cashier doesn't check out your items but instead kneels at the cash register. There is a time and place to protest. And a football game isn't the right venue.
Walmart still has cashiers? Here, we just have one teenager standing over six self check-out terminals and he can kneel all he wants to.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-24 11:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
For real, I don't think I've come across a more salty person on this board than CJ.
You never met LG did you?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-24 11:06:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-09-24 11:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Does it matter what any previous post said before I Hurr-burr-burr something on a thread named "Random Hurr-burr-burr & Hurr-burr-burr"

Seriously though, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'll work on being more tactful.

The song in question that I posted, made a revealing point about not repaying hate for hate and how to go about accomplishing this... I thought it was insightful. So I shared it.

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-24 11:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Simple question who is more powerful the POTUS or some guy that plays basketball.

Depends.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-24 12:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Trump's rating recently jumped because, well, let's be honest. Who doesn't want to see Little Rocket Man taken down several pegs?

Asura.Saevel said: »
Trump's only "correct" move is to
...stop tweeting like a high schooler who is *looks at urban dicionary* ahem, "beefing"

And therefor cave in the liberal demands that he follow their playbook so they defeat the Republicans in the next set of elections.

Yeah Trump needs to do the exact opposite of whatever the general consensus is. That is the strategy that won him the Republican primary when he's not even a Republican, and the same strategy that won him the national election against an established candidate with huge resources and connections. When he's defeated the entire political establishment why would he possibly then turn around and actually do what the establishment wants him to do? That's a sure recipe for failure. President Trumps many things but he's not an idiot.

Which is why he's going to continue to belittle and denigrate the entire liberal spectrum and cause them to throw unending tantrums which only result in his support base growing. You extreme liberals are in the minority, most people simply don't give a *** and just want to live their lives without being bothered. The more Trump trolls you, and the crazier you respond, just serves to alienate those normally apolitical people. Majority of Trumps supporters aren't these crazy radical right wing morons, they were for Ted Cruz or even Jeb, Trump supporters are your normal silent people who are tired of leftists telling them how deplorable they are.

The only good responses to trolls are to not care, stop listening or just make lighthearted jokes with them.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-24 12:50:56
Link | Citer | R

There's a point where I just read the first bit of what you say and once I see you're not employing logic or common sense, I just skim the rest of the post to make sure there's nothing I have to do mod stuff for.
By fonewear 2017-09-24 13:09:30
Link | Citer | R

There's a point where I just read the first bit of what you say and once I see you're not employing logic or common sense, I just skim the rest of the post to make sure there's nothing I have to do mod stuff for.

I'll be damned you can read !

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-24 14:48:57
Link | Citer | R

I just skim