Random Politics & Religion #22

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 79 80 81
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-25 10:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You also forget to add that they continuously state that they are on the "right side" of the argument.

Well that's just silly. Anyone who has ever looked at a political chart knows they're on the left.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-25 10:23:01
Link | Citer | R

You also forget to add that they continuously state that they are on the "right side" of the argument.

Well that's just silly. Anyone who has ever looked at a political chart knows they're on the left.
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 10:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Some did, and those are the people the media targets in their "stories." That way, they can portray the "typical Trump voter" to be <insert derogatory/deplorable term>. Most people who voted for Trump don't give a ***about some of the things he did (in his private life) or what he posts on Twitter (pre- and post-election).

Fair. For the purpose of this specific argument however "not caring" is basically tacit approval in that it was not detrimental to him.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-04-25 10:25:12
Link | Citer | R

Fone and Niko's worst nightmare. Feminist Whiskey with a taste of Hillary.

All it needs is bill Clinton branded Cuban cigars
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-25 10:30:11
Link | Citer | R

"not caring" is basically tacit approval in that it was not detrimental to him.
No it isn't. Unless you want to apply the same standard to everyone for everything every president did or didn't do throughout history.

Trump doesn't get to be the only president under constant scrutiny, nor does his voters be applied the same constant scrutiny because they didn't outright protest one very specific thing that he may have done years ago and/or tweeted something yesterday or years ago.

If you apply that to Trump and his voters, then you will have to apply that to Obama and his voters too. How would you like to be condemned for supporting Assad's genocide on the Syrian population because you "tacitly approved" Obama's enforcement of his own "red line"?
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 10:34:06
Link | Citer | R

No it isn't. Unless you want to apply the same standard to everyone for everything every president did or didn't do throughout history.

For the purpose of this specific argument

He got the votes of those people whether they actually cared about what he did or not. That's all I'm saying.
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 10:36:07
Link | Citer | R

I'm speaking entirely of non-political items that were brought to light during the election. His treatment of women, his business practices, his rampant nepotism. His bromance with Putin.

Those are the items I'm talking about in relation to polling.

People either liked them or found them ignorable. Therefore there's no reason they'd change their mind about him in relation to anything that's been further said or done since the election.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-25 10:41:23
Link | Citer | R

For the purpose of this specific argument

He got the votes of those people whether they actually cared about what he did or not. That's all I'm saying.
Same for Obama. Same for Bush II, and same for Clinton.

You can't use Trump as a specific argument when your determination and reasoning applies to the previous 3 presidents.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-25 10:42:37
Link | Citer | R

His bromance with Putin.
You mean Obama's Russian Reset? Obama and Clinton had more friendly ties to Putin than Trump ever had.

Syrian Missiles says hi.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-25 10:49:58
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if the team vs. team political structure is so ingrained in sociology that it is impossible to overcome. It's natural to partially ignore your side's faults and focus a little more on the faults of the opponent. What I want to believe is unnatural is the length that people will go to justify practically everything their side does, and magnify every incredibly minor flaw in their opponent to an asinine degree. The former is annoying but expected bias. The latter damages everybody because the objective is not to put forth a well-vetted, competent leader. The objective is to win at all costs.

I just wish there was a clear solution, but even the most educated humans engage in the most abject stupidity when it comes to politics.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 10:50:43
Link | Citer | R

You're just dead set on bashing other presidents.

I'm talking about Trump-specific things in relation to this one poll and why his numbers predictably wouldn't go down if there was another election between those two candidates today.

No president is perfect and they've nearly all had significant flaws and missteps by them and their cabinet.

I'm not talking about political actions foreign or domestic because Trump has, more or less, stayed close enough to his election message to keep the people who voted for him on his side. He may not be delivering as quickly as he had hoped/they wanted, but they're not so disappointed with his results insofar as they wouldn't go voting for Clinton in a do-over held today.

I'm not talking big picture. I'm not talking how presidents are viewed historically. I'm talking about the logical reasons for the results of the poll Rav cited and why it felt fairly obvious to me.
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 10:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I wonder if the team vs. team political structure is so ingrained in sociology that it is impossible to overcome.

Of course it is. "Us vs. them" is pretty much a natural state. If we don't have an enemy, we create one. Adversity and misery is part of the human condition!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 10:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Which is why a bunch of affluent white people have nothing better to do than *** at each other online.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-25 10:57:03
Link | Citer | R

You're just dead set on bashing other presidents.
You have to admit, none of them were Lincoln/Kennedy/Reagan quality presidents. Trump doesn't look like he will break the mold in this case.

At least (in the case of everyone BUT Obama) none of them were as bad as Carter.

I'm talking about Trump-specific things in relation to this one poll and why his numbers predictably wouldn't go down if there was another election between those two candidates today.
And that poll is pointless to begin with.

If anything, that poll had one purpose to begin with: Bash Trump. Coming from the WP, that's pretty obvious.

Look, I get it, you are on the bandwagon on bashing Trump. You don't need to focus so much on it though, it makes you look petty and desperate. Do you really want to be lumped in with the crazies out there who are constantly calling for Trump's impeachment on a daily basis? Or those who are stating that the FBI "investigation" on Trump is on a criminal basis?

No president is perfect and they've nearly all had significant flaws and missteps by them and their cabinet.
I agree, however I think a lot of the flaws associated with Trump and his team being pointed out by the media are all fabricated or (pun time!) Trumped-Up.

I'm talking about the logical reasons for the results of the poll Rav cited and why it felt fairly obvious to me.
Fine. Just don't hold Trump to that standard and ignore everything else.
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 11:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Look, I get it, you are on the bandwagon on bashing Trump. You don't need to focus so much on it though, it makes you look petty and desperate.

...?

What are you even talking about?

I said that his actions that he committed that would have traditionally torpedoed a candidate were either supported by or ignored by the people who voted for him, and that didn't change.

Then I ripped Hillary for being a big phony.
By fonewear 2017-04-25 11:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Look, I get it, you are on the bandwagon on bashing Trump. You don't need to focus so much on it though, it makes you look petty and desperate.

...?

I said that his actions that he committed that would have traditionally torpedoed a candidate were either supported by or ignored by the people who voted for him, and that didn't change.

We are talking about how we don't know what we are talking about !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-25 12:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Why not call his voters deplorable then. Worked for Clinton, didn't it?

You seem to be attacking Trump and his voters. That's really going to get another liberal/democrat in power, isn't it?
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 12:09:13
Link | Citer | R

Why not call his voters deplorable then. Worked for Clinton, didn't it?

You seem to be attacking Trump and his voters. That's really going to get another liberal/democrat in power, isn't it?

Jesus Christ. You're bending over backward to be offended here. What are you, a feminist?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-25 12:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Offended? Not really.

Just calling you out on your double standard. In case you haven't realized it yet.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-04-25 12:46:24
Link | Citer | R

Flynn May Now Face Criminal Proscution
Leaders of House panel say he didn't get permission for work in Russia, Turkey

Quote:
(Newser) – Michael Flynn's Russia headache just got worse: The two heads of the House Oversight Committee say the erstwhile national security adviser probably broke the law in regard to his foreign business dealings, reports the Washington Post. GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings say they reviewed classified military documents and found that Flynn never received the proper permission to accept payments for a speech in Russia and for lobbying on behalf of Turkey. That means Flynn could face criminal prosecution and may have to surrender any money received, reports the AP.

"As a former military officer, you simply cannot take money from Russia, Turkey, or anybody else," said Chaffetz of the former general, per the New York Times. “"And it appears as if he did take that money. It was inappropriate, and there are repercussions for a violation of law." Added Cummings: "He was supposed to get permission, he was supposed to report it, and he didn’t." The White House has denied the panel's request for more documents related to Flynn's hiring and subsequent departure, reports the Hill. Flynn resigned in February over phone calls he made to the Russian ambassador before assuming office.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-25 13:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Let me guess it tastes like liberal tears ?
By eliroo 2017-04-25 13:33:28
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Let me guess it tastes like liberal tears ?

Liberal Tears is for cleaning your guns, wouldn't recommend drinking it.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-04-25 13:34:35
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

...?

We are talking about how we don't know what we are talking about !

I HAVE EMPATHY FOR THIS STATEMENT
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 13:35:31
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

Because nothing is better for metal than saltwater!

By eliroo 2017-04-25 13:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Because nothing is better for metal than saltwater!

Sorry it was a gun oil:

http://liberaltears.net/
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 13:36:43
Link | Citer | R

I HAVE EMPATHY FOR THIS STATEMENT
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-04-25 13:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Sorry it was a gun oil:

http://liberaltears.net/

+1 for microaggressions for the masses!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-25 13:51:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure Fozzie ghostwrites most of the jokes in here.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-25 13:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Darkness screamed out across the galaxy as people learned of a new Amy Schumer movie:

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 79 80 81