Forum » FFXI » General » Automatic Oseem Augments
Automatic Oseem Augments
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-08 15:28:42
Link | Citer | R

I don't play heavy DD jobs, so I stick with Fern for my augments. Not a single TP piece with less than 30 accuracy and 4 TA. I'd say Fern works just fine.

And the cap for acc/atk on Herculean is 40 regardless of stone. Pellucid just has a higher chance of rolling that second acc or atk augment.

EDIT: Should be the same for Valorous or it caps at 35/35 with any stone. My legs have 15 STR, 34 acc, 32 atk.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-02-08 15:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What's Ashita, and how can I speed up my augmenting like you? Cuz I have stacks of stones, but the mere thought of standing there and clicking reroll through 3 screens 250 times is daunting.

yea, iv never heard of this either.
Its like windower but by a different team, plugins/addons don't work with each other nor do gearswap files because they have there own addon that does it but uses xml instead of lua. It first came out a little before Windower v4 was released IIRC. They recently released v3 of it. http://ashita.atom0s.com/

so you can only load up one at a time
By clearlyamule 2017-02-08 15:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Should note that not all the att/acc can go past 30 on all gear. You'll note some on the charts as such though not sure if they are all because of that or just filled in with values that didn't get double roll.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-08 15:49:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I almost always sell Fern stones, because I have the stats I need on most of my gear, and because its easy gil. But when I did use them, I used them for Maxed stat gears like Herc ta+4 or TA augment on Kanaria, or DA/STP augment on DD gear. I've also used it to force other stats, like Magic Burst Damage bonus.

Kinda nitpicking here but Fern stones don't increase the TA cap on weapons. If that's why you're using them, you've been wasting stones. It's hard to argue against Taupe stones for Kanaria/Skinflayer.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-08 15:54:20
Link | Citer | R

No I should have clarified, I was trying to force the TA augment on Kanaria, but I didn't realize it was the same for each stone. So thanks (I guess). I'm done augmenting that weapon anyways -.-;
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 15:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for going off subject. So if I want better chance of high accuracy it's best to lean toward pellucid, whereas if accuracy isn't so needed (jobs like THF) Fern is preferred for better chance of max TA?
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 16:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Should be the same for Valorous or it caps at 35/35 with any stone. My legs have 15 STR, 34 acc, 32 atk.

I've had several Acc +40 pieces off Pellucid on Valorous and Odyssean, it's two separate rolls with the first being 30 acc and the second being 15 acc cap, pellucid just forces the distribution weight to be near the top end.

The big difference is that it's distribution means your more likely to get a TA +3 Acc +30~35 piece using Pellucid then Fern. Fern can produce TA +4 but your going to be spending a ridiculous amount of gil trying to get that TA +4 and Acc +30 as the probability of both of those happening is extremely rare.

Basically you don't get two DA rolls but you do get two acc rolls with a cap that is lower then the theoretical total of them. For BLU I just have Herc feet for base TP set, the rest is either WS gear or high accuracy gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-02-08 16:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for going off subject. So if I want better chance of high accuracy it's best to lean toward pellucid, whereas if accuracy isn't so needed (jobs like THF) Fern is preferred for better chance of max TA?

I think it's more about the content you participate in, and not the job you're using. But yes, you have the right idea.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 16:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Basically yes, it comes down to what's your target and what your other gear looks like. 1100 Accuracy in base TP set standing outside your MH should be the goal, without loading up on every Acc Trait (for BLU's). Then make sure your various WS sets also reach that. As your gear level goes up your augmentation requirement changes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-08 16:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Awesome thanks, I got plenty of stones to go through so I should get something decent back .. hopefully lol.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-08 16:10:48
Link | Citer | R

It depends. If you're augmenting a weapon and want accuracy, then Taupe/Pellucid both work well. They both increase the respective caps by 5. Taupe can give you DEX though which is nice for many 1 handed WS. I would rate it as better for weapons.

For armor, the best accuracy augments are actually obtained through Taupe (Pellucid doesn't increase caps on armor.) However, because you're usually aiming for accuracy + store TP or whatever. You might be better suited to use Pellucid because it's unlikely that you'll get lots of DEX, accuracy, and store TP/TA/whatever in the same augment.

Also the bg-wiki page is not quite right on the distribution properties of the augments and I don't have enough data to give concrete numbers either.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 16:19:01
Link | Citer | R

Something to note for weapons, Taupe or Fern produces the best results. The most valuable stat on a weapon is either +DMG or possibly +Acc (off hand). +DMG is incredibly powerful as it increases all damage done by that hand, especially if it's the main hand. Off hand it's a little less important as it really only effects 50% of your TP damage.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-02-08 18:42:16
Link | Citer | R

Getting 4 TA and 30 acc on herc btw was pretty damn easy, SE really made herc augments come quicker than any others and they seem to always be higher on avg. Valo/Odys has been the bane of existence as far as augments are concerned. Thousands of stones just to see a wsd5 or stp8 and it always have 0-10 acc tops.... fing hate SE for that. Go to herc and I got a full set of T4 30 acc in no time, same with every other aug I want from them, never seems more than 1k stones to get high acc +wsd/TA/fc/whatever.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-08 18:46:25
Link | Citer | R

RNG is RNG is RNG. That's all there is to it.

Took me 6 stones for 9 DEX 29 acc 8 STP on Odyssean legs. Took me over 2000 for 10 STR 33 acc 4TA on Herculean Boots.
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-02-08 18:56:50
Link | Citer | R

I've had it disable my enter key without reenabling it (and I didn't stop it mid process) and sometimes just stick on the text box, not doing anything, but when i manually moved the pointer up, then down, it would continue.

@Comeatmebro FYI I'm not complaining, I think it's awesome that you're working on this, just letting you know in case it helps you improve things. Heck I'm a windower user that downloaded Ashita JUST to use this, that's how awesome I think it is.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-08 19:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Selindrile said: »
I've had it disable my enter key without reenabling it (and I didn't stop it mid process) and sometimes just stick on the text box, not doing anything, but when i manually moved the pointer up, then down, it would continue.
have had my enter button disabled as well, the one on num key pad continues to work
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 19:34:12
Link | Citer | R

enter key stuff is a problem with windowerinput and short of distributing or integrating my personal keypress plugin it can't really be fixed

if it's not working right it's because windowerinput has your key stuck in down state, you can fix it by doing /sendkey return up
 Sylph.Matamort
user: Urmomshot
By Sylph.Matamort 2017-02-08 19:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Updated to 1.01. Same URL, or can get just the dll without the zip at https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8qv6cn0b68vmou/Oseem.dll?dl=0

adds enternity functionality so you don't need enternity addon loaded(won't cause problems if you do have it, though)

That sounds great! Do you plan to release the source code so we can modify it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 19:48:11
Link | Citer | R

no
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-02-08 20:02:11
Link | Citer | R

It's also pausing a lot on certain menus and then continuing after a few moments, often on "let me reconsider" or on the center line of the "same stone" screen, then it will continue, but it seems after these things that it may not be working properly, but it's hard to tell, honestly. Sometimes it seems like it pauses on an augment that seems to meet my profile's requirements, but then it continues after a 1-2 second pause (delay is set to 0), so again, hard to tell sometimes will test it more when I get more stones.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 20:36:24
Link | Citer | R

pause usually means windowerinput dropped a keystroke, it automatically retries after a few seconds
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-02-08 20:52:59
Link | Citer | R

In that case any way you'd be willing to either distribute your fixed version or integrate it? ^^;
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-08 20:54:43
Link | Citer | R

i will integrate it when i have time, its nontrivial
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-09 14:41:46
Link | Citer | R

I would say thank you a bunch for this, but literally just blew through 3000 stones, with hope and anticipation and got jackshit
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-09 15:37:24
Link | Citer | R

sadly can't do anything about the dismal stone supply or augment rate
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-09 15:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
I would say thank you a bunch for this, but literally just blew through 3000 stones, with hope and anticipation and got jackshit

Did you set extremely high requirements? I haven't tried this myself but was waiting for some feedback before wasting 3k stone myself (just to make sure the addon works correctly, I do recognize RNG sucks)
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-09 17:53:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

Did you set extremely high requirements? I haven't tried this myself but was waiting for some feedback before wasting 3k stone myself (just to make sure the addon works correctly, I do recognize RNG sucks)

each time I did a new equip, i sat them all at 1, to make sure it was stopping at the desired spots, then after it did edit'd to where my dreams were

in all fairness my Grio is already
+15 INT
30MAB
4%burst, but id like 7-8-9 burst

EDIT:

can you make this thing play a .WAV when it triggers?
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-10 15:13:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to get a 70+ MP 4%+MBD (to cap with other gear) and hopefully some macc/mab for my death one but even just setting the only requirement to MBD>=4% I have very bad luck (like 3-4 matches per 100 pellucid and maybe 6-7 per 100 fern, grio just has so many possible augs). The good part is that these 100 take like 5-10 mins compares to the previous hours so thanks a lot for the plugin!
Hope to see something like this for windower so I don't have to use ashita (not giving up all my gearswap files)
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-10 15:46:28
Link | Citer | R

yah I have +55mp and +9 burst on my death staff, grio is a huge *** no down
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-10 18:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Will add the wav to my to-do list, got it using my own keyboard hook now instead of the sloppy windowerinput one as well which should reduce those slowdowns and eliminate stuck keys

might be a few days though, gf's birthday tomorrow and valentines a couple days later got me running around like my head's on fire
[+]