Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 201 202 203
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2017-03-03 02:34:13
Link | Citer | R

my guess maybe they might just rotate vouchers each month.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-03-03 03:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
99% sure March will have no new gear, but will have a new set of vouchers (which they already announced) for the 5 new sets added recently (Nyzul+Limbus).
As for the future of Ambuscade who knows. I don't expect new gear but I expect them to restart sets from the first one and rotate all of them for the upcoming 10 months.
Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to rotate fights again from the beginning as well.

Would be nice of them to rotate fights again that they started with considering some of the Intense were tough to figure out, more time would make it more interesting now that more group will try em. Can definitely steamroll all of the Regulars but 300 points is slow, and it's for "returning" gear anyways so why not, there's gil items to be had for those who already have the gear.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-03 04:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Rotating fights (and sets) from the beginning all over again has pros and cons.
Some people would complain "OMG SE YOU GUYS ARE SO LAZY!" but then again this offers some pros:
1) Like you said, it gives people other chances to tackle fights which weren't really figured completely at the time
2) Gives people chances to experience fights they missed
3) Gives SE the chance to focus their small resources on other upcoming content (Relic armour reforge?!) instead of keeping to "waste" res time on Ambuscade

Honestly I would be happy if this is the direction they intend to take, but we'll see what happens from April I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-03 06:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Omen will also be made available to alliances—not because the new boss can only be tackled with a full entourage of adventurers, but because we want players who might be struggling to be able to tackle the content as well. Players may now also hold two of the requisite key items for entering Omen, so if you want to go twice in a row—or save up some for later—you’ll be able to do just that. In order to avoid congestion, we’ll keep the amount of time that must pass between receive the key item at once per twenty hours for the time being.

F yeaaaaaaah! We can actually put Omen into solid LS event rotation for my group where we usually have more than a party's worth of people! Great change.

Oh they haven't finished ToAU gear, they still have the Assault gear to go through. Yigit, Amir, and Pahluwan gear to rotate through.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-03 06:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Quote:
we want players who might be struggling to be able to tackle the content as well.
Interesting wording, if they want struggling players to be able to join in then there would either have to be no HP scaling or only a minor one. If they keep with their standard HP scaling, groups won't bring struggling players because their presence will not be worth the additional HP.

Has anyone verified HP scaling in there? Mostly from the 1~3 man groups that occasionally fight the 3rd floor boss?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-03-03 22:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Oh they haven't finished ToAU gear, they still have the Assault gear to go through. Yigit, Amir, and Pahluwan gear to rotate through.

Yeah I always liked those models, wouldn't mind seeing them return. They also never reused the Hadean/Phantasmal abjuration sets, and I'd actually be surprised if we don't see them get recycled for something - whether Ambuscade or otherwise.

I personally wouldn't be shocked to see at least one more 6 month round of new Ambuscade armors (5 monthly sets + kupon month) start in April. Perhaps with Kupons for the first two cycles making appearances as well.

Has anyone verified HP scaling in there? Mostly from the 1~3 man groups that occasionally fight the 3rd floor boss?

Nothing but eyeballing, but it doesn't feel to me like it's lower HP for 3 or less as compared to 6/6 party.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-03 22:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nothing but eyeballing

I have a pretty good idea about how much TP I need to 1 shot a Sweetwater mob with Leaden. There was no difference between 6 man and goin in solo with only trusts.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-04 01:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Nothing but eyeballing, but it doesn't feel to me like it's lower HP for 3 or less as compared to 6/6 party.

Ok great, means fights won't get ridiculous though card farming might be a bit ... difficult if the scaling continues like it is. The damage ones require the target to actually have that much HP, and there simply isn't anything that could take 90K from an 18 man Magic Burst.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-04 01:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Ok great, means fights won't get ridiculous though card farming might be a bit ... difficult if the scaling continues like it is. The damage ones require the target to actually have that much HP, and there simply isn't anything that could take 90K from an 18 man Magic Burst.

The 30k damage ones don't scale based on 1 or 6 people. If anything HP scaling would help as it would give more opportunity to hit a 30k+ WS or MB on a transcended.
 Odin.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-03-04 05:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget Aurum, Enkidu, and Oracles as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-04 07:37:20
Link | Citer | R

There's the 2 Einherjar Abj sets as well (which, hint hint, make up for 5 sets!!)

But again, I'd be happier if they stopped using their energies for Ambuscade and rather focus them on new content instead.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-04 11:01:18
Link | Citer | R

There's the 2 Einherjar Abj sets as well (which, hint hint, make up for 5 sets!!)

But again, I'd be happier if they stopped using their energies for Ambuscade and rather focus them on new content instead.

Ambuscade hasn't really used Abjuration gear, figured those would be some new HQ++ Abjuration stuff they will release in four to five months costing 500 mil per piece or something.

As for content there is plenty, the problem is it's always the exact same people who clear everything within the first two weeks then moan for more drugs. SE needs to finish fixing balance at the high end first and foremost.
By Blazed1979 2017-03-04 11:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Would be ok with a reset and back to square one Ambuscade if they used their time to fix h2h.
I miss punching things.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-07 01:50:24
Link | Citer | R

So the latest post on official forums makes me believe that just like monsters HP will not scale (do they mean just the normal mobs? Or bosses too? Because that would make bosses ridiculously easy... not that I'll complain eh!), then maybe objectives won't scale either and will be capped at the 6 players number?

This makes the new alliance option sort of... interesting for some scenarios.
By Pantafernando 2017-03-07 03:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

In the upcoming March version update, alliances will be able to take on Omen! This will be added as a way for players to help each other for the clear.

Please note that when entering Omen as an alliance, the enemies' HP will not scale based on the number of participants nor will this apply to the amount of loot.
Therefore, players will need to lot against more players when entering as an alliance.

That being said, we encourage players to think carefully about their manpower before tackling their Omen runs based on the purpose of specifically going for the loot or the clear.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-07 04:02:18
Link | Citer | R

So the latest post on official forums makes me believe that just like monsters HP will not scale (do they mean just the normal mobs? Or bosses too? Because that would make bosses ridiculously easy... not that I'll complain eh!), then maybe objectives won't scale either and will be capped at the 6 players number?

Well, if currently testing shows HP doesn't scale between 1-6, but objectives do, my guess is HP still won't scale from 6-18, but objectives will.

What this means though is unless they toss in a whole bunch of new mobs it'll be outright impossible doing some of them as you'll clear too fast.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-07 04:08:12
Link | Citer | R

I thought it was just the HP of normal mobs that didn't scale 1-6 but minibosses and bosses HP did scale? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see obj scaling as a problem, quite the other way around.
The fact you have 18 people in alliance doesn't necessarily mean ALL of them have to engage mobs, no?
They could just, you know, afk? Idle? Or help with other objectives like the 18 MBs, 18 spellcasting etc

I'd prefer obj not scaling over 6 than the other way around, if you ask me.
By Draylo 2017-03-07 04:08:16
Link | Citer | R

I don't think anyone will go in with an alliance, but it would be nice to fit extras in. I see a lot of people making statics so some get left out.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-07 04:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I don't think anyone will go in with an alliance, but it would be nice to fit extras in. I see a lot of people making statics so some get left out.
That's exactely my thoughts.
Bringing some friends, going with 8-9 people if one night you got extra friends, and stuff like that.

Could also make it particularly nice for cards farming on alternate path. Bringing a good, larger combination of jobs with obj numbers capped at 6 people, would make it extra easy to complete ALL objectives all 3 floors and get more cards for everyone.
Since, let's face it, the real cockblock with Omen atm, more than gear or even the 20hrs KI thing, is the sheer amount of cards required for each upgrade.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-07 04:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh they really shouldn't scale over 6, there aren't enough creatures to scale much higher than it is. The 30 WS ones already require using weaker WS to be safe and not run out of mobs to kill while doing it on the first two floors.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-07 04:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah we found out about that the hard way, if you go too crazy with buffs and your best WSs, you won't have enough mobs for the 30ws Obj lol
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2017-03-07 04:14:29
Link | Citer | R

They're putting so much emphasis on the clear, it makes me think that you'll need to clear all 5 zone bosses to access the 6th caturae they're introducing. And we'll therefore only be able to fight it about once a week.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-07 06:46:52
Link | Citer | R

They should of done it from the beginning. The "penalty" for bringing an alliance is that loot is divided up among all players present, that alone is sufficient enough reward for small groups / statics. Massive HP scaling was one of the dumbest things SE ever did, MMO content should never encourage you to ditch your friends.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-07 07:31:38
Link | Citer | R

HP scaling would've been better if they just chose a different ratio.
But the one they picked for all their scaling content was, I dunno, it always felt way more punishing than it should've ever been for bringing more people.
It's part of the reason why smaller groups have been so favoured over the last years.

Let's not be hasty though, as usual their comment is super vague.
We know for sure (but we knew it already, didn't we?) that drops won't scale. About HP I won't call myself 100% sure until it has been tested that NMs HP too doesn't scale with 6+ people.

And there's the obj scaling thing too. Again I hope they chose not to scale over 6 as well because otherwise it's gonna be messy (and very stupid on their side)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-03-07 08:48:48
Link | Citer | R

After some thought and examples, Scaling objectives for an alliance is simply rediculous. It would easily everyone to abandon the objectives.

There also would not be enough mobs in each zone to do all the weapon skills, skillchains and magic bursts.

I don't believe they will scale objectives up beyond what they are now.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-03-07 09:42:42
Link | Citer | R

I thought it was just the HP of normal mobs that didn't scale 1-6 but minibosses and bosses HP did scale? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see obj scaling as a problem, quite the other way around.
The fact you have 18 people in alliance doesn't necessarily mean ALL of them have to engage mobs, no?
They could just, you know, afk? Idle? Or help with other objectives like the 18 MBs, 18 spellcasting etc

I'd prefer obj not scaling over 6 than the other way around, if you ask me.
The bosses and mini-bosses don't scale either.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-03-07 17:08:43
Link | Citer | R

They should of done it from the beginning. The "penalty" for bringing an alliance is that loot is divided up among all players present, that alone is sufficient enough reward for small groups / statics. Massive HP scaling was one of the dumbest things SE ever did, MMO content should never encourage you to ditch your friends.

Agreed, I thought it was a huge mistake from the start.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-03-07 19:26:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm just surprised that they listened to my post and implemented lol
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 201 202 203