Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 201 202 203
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-07 22:36:54
Link | Citer | R

They posted that objectives won't scale past the amount for 6 people so we can stop worrying about that at least, hehe.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-03-08 02:26:21
Link | Citer | R

That new mount is fantastic lol
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-08 02:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
They posted that objectives won't scale past the amount for 6 people so we can stop worrying about that at least, hehe.
They didn't really! It was just their usual vague comment, but at this point I'd be surprised if HP or Objectives scale past 6, honestly.

And yes, the new mount is, OMG, so awesome! *-*
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-08 03:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
They didn't really! It was just their usual vague comment, but at this point I'd be surprised if HP or Objectives scale past 6, honestly.

And yes, the new mount is, OMG, so awesome! *-*

Actually, they were very specific, they said that in groups > 6 people, the objectives for a group of 6 would be used.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51713-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6?p=593536#post593536
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-08 04:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Actually, they were very specific, they said that in groups > 6 people, the objectives for a group of 6 would be used.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51713-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6?p=593536#post593536
Is that the original source of THIS translation, or a new comment on the topic?

Because in that english post they're kinda vague.
I'm really happy if it will be confirmed than stuff won't scale over 6, it would be stupid for things to be otherwise frankly, but with SE you never know, right?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-08 04:07:06
Link | Citer | R

It's a new post, they just posted it within the past 24 hrs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-08 04:11:19
Link | Citer | R

Awesomesauce then, really glad about it :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-08 08:46:07
Link | Citer | R

The alliance thing in Omen is funny in that it can make some things more annoying and other stuff trivial. Pain Sync and View Sync become way more of a pain with more players I'd think. The Cat that does 2500 per person in range would be harder to juggle 18 people than 6. But the 10k split among all people in cone is easy mode with a large group.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-08 09:29:21
Link | Citer | R

The real question is going to be whether the scaling mini-objectives scale past 6.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-08 11:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
The alliance thing in Omen is funny in that it can make some things more annoying and other stuff trivial. Pain Sync and View Sync become way more of a pain with more players I'd think. The Cat that does 2500 per person in range would be harder to juggle 18 people than 6. But the 10k split among all people in cone is easy mode with a large group.
Considering the bosses HP doesn't scale, I don't think I share your concerns.
People can simply stay idle/out of range and let 6-8 core people do the job. The HP is exactely the same, really don't need to send a full alliance of 18 melees hitting Kei (the 2500 x people in range one) or Glassy Thinker.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
The real question is going to be whether the scaling mini-objectives scale past 6.
See japanese post above, they say that objectives specifically won't be scaling past 6, it's a new post not yet translated according to Tarowyn who linked it.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-03-08 15:50:55
Link | Citer | R

People can simply stay idle/out of range and let 6-8 core people do the job. The HP is exactely the same, really don't need to send a full alliance of 18 melees hitting Kei (the 2500 x people in range one) or Glassy Thinker.
I think you greatly overestimate the restraint of the average FFXI player.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2017-03-08 16:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »

cant wait for the 'im helping' on Glassy Thinker stories
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-03-21 15:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (03/21/2017)

The next version update is scheduled for early April.

Enjoy a new quest to obtain the alter ego of a third arc angel!

In addition, new monsters will rear their ugly heads in Ambuscade along with foes in Intense Ambuscade originally revealed in freshly-picked Vana'diel!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-03-21 17:51:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »

cant wait for the 'im helping' on Glassy Thinker stories

We had our COR Last Stand right during Pain Sync with full buffs/frailty on.

Oh yeah that hurt..
By Pantafernando 2017-03-24 18:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 32 Digest

Hi, there!

To coincide with the March version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another Freshly Picked Vana'diel to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

Quote:
Hello, everyone. Matsui here.

Thank you for tuning into Freshly Picked Vana'diel 32. This month, we held our broadcast once again the day before the version update, so we could focus on the March version update and other information.

For those of you who were not able to catch the broadcast live, or just simply want a recap on all the information the archived video is available below and I've organized this digest.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Table of Contents

Version Update
Battle Content: Omen
Battle Content: Ambuscade
Escutcheons
Geas Fete Adjustments
Login Campaign
Intense Ambuscade in April
The More You Know – Vana’diel
Fujito’s /shout

Version Update
(0:01:44)
This segment of the show focused on the major aspects of the March version update.

Battle Content: Omen
(0:02:39)
The video showed live gameplay of the new notorious monsters added. In this version update, we also made it possible to participate as an alliance. The difficulty of the boss is set based on a six-person party. The monster's HP will not scale based on the number of participants, so please use this to freely play with your linkshell friends. Furthermore, players are now able to hold up to two mystical canteens which are needed to enter this content.

(0:14:18)
The video introduced some gear rewards which can be obtained from notorious monsters. The Regal Cpt. Gloves has a new attribute where the number of attacks will increase when your accuracy is lower. This will take effect when a player’s accuracy is lower than 60% of the enemy. The Regal ring has a set bonus which increases accuracy, ranged accuracy, and magic accuracy, and also has a similar set bonus effect as the +2 and +3 artifact armors added in this version update, so you’ll be able to retain individual bonuses when mixing artifact armor and other equipment.

Battle Content: Ambuscade
(0:17:49)
The video showed director Fujito challenging this content solo. This time we added Ahriman and Shadows type enemies equipped with weapons similar to those of item level 119 relic weapons. Similar to players, the Shadow type enemies will gain an Aftermath effect after using their specific weapon skill (they will not gain Afterglow effect). While we haven’t introduced any new gear rewards, we have introduced new tokens, which may be exchanged for specific equipment.

Escutcheons
(0:27:13)
New quests have been added. As part of requirement, players will need to complete a specific Records of Eminence objective.

Geas Fete Adjustments
(0:27:42)
We have made adjustments to the notorious monsters Warder of Courage and Zerde. When we decreased the effects of Geomancy in February’s version update, the difficulty for these two monsters increased; therefore we made adjustments. For Warder of Courage, we reduced the amount of elemental damage needed to overcome this monster's mechanic, so players are able to handle this easier using elemental III magic. As for Zerde, we have reduced its resistance to stun and darkness. It is easier to use the black magic spell Frazzle against it now, so we believe players have a wider range of strategy to tackle the battle. However, we have set a cumulative resistance to the black magic spell Death.

Login Campaign
(0:31:26)
We're thinking of bringing back items from previous campaigns in future Login Campaigns. During the show, we asked the viewers to see what kind of items they would like to be able to reobtain. Based on the comments we receive, we'll consider the options moving forward.

Intense Ambuscade in April
(0:39:08)
To prepare for the 15 year anniversary, we're considering bringing back monsters which players faced until now in the Intense Ambuscade. During the show, we asked the viewers which monster they would like to face off against. The survey showed lots of votes for Gigas type monsters, so we’ll bring them in April.

The More You Know – Vana’diel
(0:44:25)
In this segment, we had viewers guess the word which should replace the “???” area and then revealed some hidden Vana’diel lore. If you haven't watched the stream, try to guess the answer! The answer will be displayed within the spoiler box below.
The sabotender NM in Abyssea, Cuijatender, is ??? while they’re not using their "??? Needles" ability.

When service for FINAL FANTASY XI started in Japan, players were able to fish up ??? in a certain area.

Fujito’s /shout
(0:57:42)
Fujito made announcements about current campaigns and events.
Doll Festival

This seasonal event has ended already, but we hope you all were able to enjoy it!

Early Spring Battle Content Campaign

We have the Microcosmic Orb Campaign where players are able to obtain job cards, so be sure to give it a try!

March Login Campaign

In a previous Freshly Picked, our community team member Mocchi asked for a Warmachine mount, and so we finally introduced this in-game.

The next Freshly Picked Vana'diel is scheduled for May. We’ll do our best to bring fresh information, so stay tuned!
By Pantafernando 2017-03-24 19:00:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Forthcoming Ambuscade Update

Hi, everyone!

I have some new information to share regarding Ambuscade!

In the next version update, we're planning to implement a system that we've received lots of feedback for - a system to upgrade armor!

We'll go over the details sometime next week, but we're thinking about a type of system where you gradually work towards it over time.

Stay tuned for more details!
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-03-24 19:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Is this the rumored "upgrade Ambuscade armor with augments" thing that was talked about a couple/few months ago?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-03-24 19:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Hm. Interesting.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-24 20:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Is this the rumored "upgrade Ambuscade armor with augments" thing

Knowing SE it will be 1 upgrade item at 30 000 ambu points per month to make it as gradually as possible !
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-24 20:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

Knowing SE it will be 1 upgrade item at 30 000 ambu points per month to make it as gradually as possible !
Naw that would make you have to get 30k points in a month that's not gradual. Probably more like 30k items at 1k each.

Also should note on the jp side it says they are also implementing a way thru items to upgrade the nqs to hqs. Here's hoping they take the rare tag off and let it have multiple types of augments/paths. Finally all those nqs and vouchers I have saved up will come in use!
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-24 20:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
you have to get 30k points in a month that's not gradual

Plottwist: There are 5 steps to upgrading needing one 30k item each !
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-03-24 21:06:22
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Quote:

Naw that would make you have to get 30k points in a month that's not gradual. Probably more like 30k items at 1k each.

Also should note on the jp side it says they are also implementing a way thru items to upgrade the nqs to hqs. Here's hoping they take the rare tag off and let it have multiple types of augments/paths. Finally all those nqs and vouchers I have saved up will come in use!

If that's the case, I'm hosed. I never bothered getting any NQ pieces. Only HQ. And on my mule, some parts of the sets I never bothered to get.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-24 21:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Quote:

If that's the case, I'm hosed. I never bothered getting any NQ pieces. Only HQ. And on my mule, some parts of the sets I never bothered to get.

Clearly this is why this month there is no new set but you can get last months set and enough vouchers/tokens for 2 full sets of nq and hq this month. Next week they be like hey you know how a lot of you took this month off from ambuscade... guess what there's a new reason to spam it. Good luck before the update in a week or so
By clearlyamule 2017-03-24 21:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
you have to get 30k points in a month that's not gradual

Plottwist: There are 5 steps to upgrading needing one 30k item each !
It's not a plot twist if it's business as usual!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-03-24 22:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Or uses same materials as cape stuff and will have similar augment ideas.

Yay trading x50 (x60?) times for each piece of armor... :D :D :D :D :D :D

SE will hear complaints of players having to trade one at a time, SE will respond: "Just like capes, we don't want players to make mistakes and regret the augment"
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-03-26 03:24:35
Link | Citer | R

So, I randomly did a /smes earlier this evening and there was something about a 7-hour long maintenance happening in the next couple days.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on?
By geigei 2017-03-26 03:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Some jerk probably got rich.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-26 08:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Says server maintenance and 14 has a long *** maint the same day. They're doing hardware stuff.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-03-26 09:18:19
Link | Citer | R

I've had a lot of R0 issues lately, yesterday I couldn't properly log in at all on my main character. Actually just tried again today and still having issues.

I hope it's related and means I won't have issues logging on in future.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-03-26 12:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Here's hoping they take the rare tag off and let it have multiple types of augments/paths. Finally all those nqs and vouchers I have saved up will come in use!
Dear. God. In. Heaven. Do I hope not.

I don't have time to get all 10 sets 50x over again just to have 6 different feet augments.
Reisenjima augments are bad enough.

I pray to every divinity that they keep the rare tag and that either there's only 1 path (like Oboro) or just that it'll force people to think about what they want the piece to do (sorta like Delve and Escha augments, but without the ability to have multiple... making the choice matter more).

EDIT:
Shiva.Siviard said: »
So, I randomly did a /smes earlier this evening and there was something about a 7-hour long maintenance happening in the next couple days.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on?
They are replacing a physical server machine.
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 201 202 203