First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 130 131 132
 Asura.Raitoken
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2016-12-20 15:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Brynach said: »
Midcast. Has to be on when the shot fires.

Well that sucks, :(

Also anyone want to post their tp gear for gun and a ws set for last stand? Would like to see a sample to kinda get an idea of the direction I should be going.
By Verda 2016-12-20 16:23:51
Link | Citer | R

This is my current "standard" tp set. It has 1385 standing accuracy with anni equipped and two Perun Axes and it was my tp set for the master trial.

ItemSet 348404

Ranged Acc: 1385
STP: 60

It lacks any of the new gear and lacks + adhemar so as with all jobs there's always room for improvement (+1 hands my next adventure in gil dumping yay).

If you want to cap ranged acc you can sacrifice stp a lot:
ItemSet 348405

Ranged Acc: 1472
STP: 38

With Sushi you can add about 100 Acc and in Escha you get up to 198 more acc if capped vorseals and fortitude blessing is in effect (mine aren't all capped though, quetz acc++ vorseal espeically), this set is what I use to TP on neak without any buffs other than sushi and vorseals in mage setups for trueflight. I should tell you I spent a lot of time on herc high agi + high ranged acc combo, it's a lot more rare than it should be, and with +3 gear, new accessories and finishing HQ abjurations I'd get even more ranged acc. RNG can hit most things in the game with zero support if they make the sacrifices for it and even their tp sets can be very high acc.

Here's a set I posted before with prior best for Last Stand, new gear not yet accounted for:
ItemSet 344950

7-15 AGI, 4-5% WSD, 20-40 ranged acc and ranged attack are what you should go for on the augments which takes a really long time because now you care about 3 sets of stats. Of them all, in a full party setup attack ends up the least important due to being able to cap pdif anyway with enough buffs solo though or without those buffs it becomes way more important.
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-20 16:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Replying to this here:

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Using the Flurry I set Verda posted (subbing in Orion Beret +1 for Gastra), the expected mean actual delay (including aiming delay) for Gastra and Fomalhaut are as follows.

Gastra - 1.3458486842105262 seconds
Fomalhaut - 1.585207236842105 seconds

In practice, your results are going to be a bit higher because packet delay. Either way it doesn't seem to favor Gastraphetes (D321) over Fomalhaut (D467). You need less Store TP to 3 shot with Fomalhaut, and your WS will be much chunkier. Cooldown after using a WS is also the same for both weapons. I know Gastra has True Flight +30% and ODD/ODT, but Fomalhaut has TP Bonus +500 (fairly equivalent) and Aftermath lets True Flight -> True Flight make Light (or Radiance if you have level 3.)

Foma is best for Last Stand but not for Trueflight. Also in non pdif capped situations gastra can actually win in physical dps due to abrasion bolts 20.5% def down, it's completely situational. Also achieving three hit sets on gastra doesn't take anything special over foma as long as you have samurai roll. Also if you're closing skillchains in a mage party, it's very easy to get to 3k tp between skillchains, at which point tp bonus adds nothing and 30% damage boost will matter a ton more. Also the aftermath applies to last stand -> last stand to make light. It won't change trueflight's skillchain properties, and last stand -> trueflight makes light natively. Then we also just have the spreadsheets, though they do need updated for attack speed stuff, showing the dps of gastra being very good in comparison if you're talking about TF. I also didn't check your numbers to see if they modeled rapid shot but even what you posted is a 17.7% difference in attack speed which translates with 3 hit sets to 17.7% more trueflights.

Anyway, I don't really like this sort of discussion :/ I own both though and I never use foma for trueflight, I've tried it and Gastra is definitely superior for it (not even counting the magic acc and mab and ranged acc boosts it gets so tping in mage parties is easier). I also think you undervalue AM3, ODD and ODT on ranger is very strong.
By Taffy 2016-12-20 17:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Here's what I have pieced together today for my rng. Bear in mind I have 0 JP, and have not played Rng since abyssea days. It used to be by farm my favorite job next to thief - Just since after my break I haven't had a "reason" to prioritize it. Now that I have started I will pimp it out and love this job again!

NQ carmine hands will be replaced with HQ just as soon as I can get someone to sell me the Voodoo... or get them crafted (1/26 today on -1 and 0/1 on Voodoo). Augmented with Path D.

My LS is currently on Reis Helms with 5 to go, so I will have Form in the next month to replace Holliday. Holliday is currently aug with +28 DMG, +30 Ratt, +16 Racc and MAB + 12. Will reroll that for more STP but prioritizing the DMG and Ratt?

Passed 4 Yemaya belts last month when we farmed Duke, I'll go get that this week.

Working on the new Omen Neck atm and the shield so I can /sam with Perun+1 too.

Could go do the quest for the neck you have if it's really a big upgrade too for tp set.

Sorry this turned into a long post - Basically, looking for any advice on upgrades to BiS or as close to it as possible. Gonna start the grind to 550 JP Tonight so expect 550 in a few days.

TP Set
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/348407

Preshot
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/348408

Let me know tweaks I need to make and if I should drop some STP for Racc atm - My Racc pre food or buffs is currently sitting at 1137 so I'm thinking for VD Intense with cor rolls and food I "should" be okay. My Cor shoots fine at 1180 ish base acc.
By Taffy 2016-12-20 17:26:23
Link | Citer | R

still don't know how to link the sets into the forum posts btw, if anyone wants to fill me in on that I wouldn't be mad >.>
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-20 17:48:34
Link | Citer | R

You use [itemset ][/itemset ] to tag the last set of numbers on the URL.
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2016-12-20 18:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
This is my current "standard" tp set. It has 1385 standing accuracy with anni equipped and two Perun Axes and it was my tp set for the master trial.

ItemSet 348404

Ranged Acc: 1385
STP: 60

It lacks any of the new gear and lacks + adhemar so as with all jobs there's always room for improvement (+1 hands my next adventure in gil dumping yay).

If you want to cap ranged acc you can sacrifice stp a lot:
ItemSet 348405

Ranged Acc: 1472
STP: 38

With Sushi you can add about 100 Acc and in Escha you get up to 198 more acc if capped vorseals and fortitude blessing is in effect (mine aren't all capped though, quetz acc++ vorseal espeically), this set is what I use to TP on neak without any buffs other than sushi and vorseals in mage setups for trueflight. I should tell you I spent a lot of time on herc high agi + high ranged acc combo, it's a lot more rare than it should be, and with +3 gear, new accessories and finishing HQ abjurations I'd get even more ranged acc. RNG can hit most things in the game with zero support if they make the sacrifices for it and even their tp sets can be very high acc.

Here's a set I posted before with prior best for Last Stand, new gear not yet accounted for:
ItemSet 344950

7-15 AGI, 4-5% WSD, 20-40 ranged acc and ranged attack are what you should go for on the augments which takes a really long time because now you care about 3 sets of stats. Of them all, in a full party setup attack ends up the least important due to being able to cap pdif anyway with enough buffs solo though or without those buffs it becomes way more important.

Awesome! Thanks for this response. Also I'm curious what your augments are on the herc gear if you wouldn't mind sharing :D

Also what cape augments?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-20 19:04:33
Link | Citer | R

...7-15AGI, 4-5%WSD,20-40 ranged acc and ranged attack?

Those are the herc augs mentioned.

As for a Last Stand cape, 30AGI,20racc/ratk,10%WSD.
By Verda 2016-12-20 21:34:50
Link | Citer | R

You're welcome :) Also what Celeb said. For the TP set AGI 20 Racc 30 Ratt 20 and STP 10 for the cape and hercs are as much AGI and Racc as you can get, the rest is just bonus. STP is off path so don't expect it, crit rate, crit dmg or damage taken all decent but one of mine has skillchain dmg +1% which is worthless but for the tp set you just try to load up on acc for those pieces. The body and feet both take pretty good augs to start doing better than meghanada but it's still worth it imo (can add 17+ acc between them if that's important enough to you).
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2016-12-21 01:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Just about ready to AG my Yoichinoyumi, and was looking for some advice on my current gear builds.
Just had some old friends come back, so I'll be able to get some Herculean pieces soon.

Snapshot:
ItemSet 348379
Lutian Cape is +3 Snapshot, ran out of monthly capes to make a Snapshot one for RNG, although unsure if I need one.

Store TP Set:
ItemSet 348376
Belenus's is AGI+20 Ranged Accuracy+30 Ranged Attack+20 Store TP+10

Ranged Critical:
ItemSet 348377
Belenus's is DEX+20 Ranged Accuracy+30 Ranged Attack+20 Critical Hit Rate+10
Begrudging Ring only when I have shadows or no chance of AoEs, otherwise Apate Ring.

Ranged Accuracy:
ItemSet 348378
Belenus's is AGI+20 Ranged Accuracy+30 Ranged Attack+20 Store TP+10
This is the same set I use for Barrage, with Orion Bracers+1.

Namas/Apex Arrow:
ItemSet 348383
Belenus's is AGI+20 STR+10 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20 Weapon Skill Damage+10%
Apex Arrow gets Garuda Ring+1 over Ifrit Ring+1

Jishnu's Radiance:
ItemSet 348382

Jishnu's Radiance with Sharpshot/Aftermath:
ItemSet 348380

For weapons I have Perun+1/Perun, Perun/Oneiros Knife, and Mekki Shakki/ImmolationGrip or Bloodrain Strap.

Not sure if I will work on Annihilator or not, my game plan is to finish Armageddon at least to 119. I currently use a Doomsday on COR with AG+21 Magic Attack Bonus+15 Store TP+6 for Leaden Salute, but with very little Herculean my MAB set is weak, so I would have to buff it up for Trueflight. I also have a Hgrafican+2 with Damage+10 Snapshot+1 Weapon Skill Damage+10. Also, can I get away with my Apex Arrow set for Last Stand for the time being?
[+]
 Asura.Comgamer
user: comgamer7
By Asura.Comgamer 2016-12-21 23:06:27
Link | Citer | R

On velocity shot... the Empy body. Does that have to be on at all times to gain the bonus to velocity shot? Like midcast of each WS/ra ect
By Verda 2016-12-22 01:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
and was looking for some advice on my current gear builds.
It'll take some time to go over all these which I'm short on but I'll get to it when I can.

Asura.Comgamer said: »
On velocity shot... the Empy body. Does that have to be on at all times to gain the bonus to velocity shot? Like midcast of each WS/ra ect
For the attack speed benefit have it in your preshot. For the % bonus to ranged attack benefit have it in your midshot. There's some times it is really good to have in mid shot but usually use a STP high ranged acc piece for midshot body.

You can think of it as Ranged Attacks seem to be treated a lot like spells by FFXI. They take a certain amount of time, they have global cooldowns (1 second for ranged attacks, 3 seconds about for spells), the time it takes to do them can be reduced (velocity, snapshot, rapidshot for ranged and fastcast/quickmagic for spells) and so on. It falls apart as a comparison with recast and other things but if it helps you think about how to gear ranged attacks it's a good thing.

Basically the only thing that will ever go in preshot is ranged attack speed stuff (velocity, snapshot and rapidshot) while midshot is for literally everything else (ranged acc, ranged attack, crit chance, crit damage, dead aim, store tp, velocity shot attack boosts, double shot, recycle, barrage pieces, and so on and so on).
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-26 07:22:46
Link | Citer | R

So the empy body has to be equip when shooting? Or when using velocity shot?
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2016-12-26 08:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
So the empy body has to be equip when shooting? Or when using velocity shot?

Same thing Verda said above essentially:
If you're going for the bonus it gives to ranged attack speed/delay, then you equip it in your preshot set, before each shot.

If you want the bonus it gives to ratt, then it goes in your midshot set, or ws set.

I don't think you have to equip it while using the JA, but I do that anyways just in case, can't hurt right? :D
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2016-12-26 09:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Here's some of my sets. They're not all best-in-slot, but I'm content with where they're at for now. I got my base lua for my gs from Mote's and Allen Warren's files, and thanks to Byrth of course too. Lots of props to Verda for all his awesome ranger testing and gear advice!

I based most of my stuff off of a 80 cap to snapshot. Since we're still not 100% sure on all that, and it's near impossible to prove. I mix and match gear to meet that, then as much into rapid shot for preshot sets.

~Updated to 70 snapshot cap, and fixed my preshots, thanks Snaps!

All my stuff is for marksmanship/anni, I haven't put a lot of effort into bow sets.

Please give for any suggestions for improvement or feel free to copy if you like it ^^

Preshot No Flurry:
ItemSet 257199
Velocity Shot: 34%
-Gear: 9
-JA: 15
-Gifts: 10

Snapshot: 60
-Merits:10
-Gear: 10head, 8hands, 10back, 3 waist, 9legs, 10 feet

Rapidshot: 62
-Merits:5
-Traits:30
-Gear: 6 Kustawi+1, 11hands, 10legs,
-----*******************************************-----------

Preshot /w Flurry1:

ItemSet 345279

Snapshot: 72~~
-Gear: 10head, 8hands, 10back, 9legs, 10feet
-Flurry: 15

Rapidshot: 65
-Gear: 6 Kustawi+1, 3 belt, 11hands, 10legs,

-------*******************************************-----------

Preshot /w Flurry2:

ItemSet 345280

Snapshot: 70
-Gear: 8hands, 3belt, 10back, 9legs, = 32
-Flurry: 30

Rapidshot: 82
-Gear: 6 Kustawi+1, 10 head, 11hands, 10legs, 10 feet

-------*******************************************-----------

RA Midshot:
ItemSet 247483
~Racc/STP Cape

-------------------------------------------------------------

Barrage
ItemSet 247484
~Racc/STP

Coronach WS
ItemSet 247482
~AGI/WSD Cape

Last Stand WS
ItemSet 257197
~AGI/WSD Cape

Wildfire WS
ItemSet 332164
Helm Aug: AGI+5, Macc +15, Matk +29
Leg Aug: AGI+9, WSD+5, Macc +12, Matk + 12
Foot Aug: Macc +15, Matk +34
~AGI/WSD Cape

Trueflight WS
ItemSet 332166
Helm Aug: AGI+5, Macc +15, Matk +29
Leg Aug: AGI+9, WSD+5, Macc +12, Matk + 12
Foot Aug: Macc +15, Matk +34
~AGI/WSD Cape
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-26 10:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kanobrown said: »
I based most of my stuff off of a 80 cap to snapshot. Since we're still not 100% sure on all that, and it's near impossible to prove. I mix and match gear to meet that, then as much into rapid shot for preshot sets.

The cap is 70. It's been stated by SE to be 70, and verified by posters here. Also, it's been shown that Snapshot != Velocity Shot.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49806/ranger-firing-range-testing/

No Flurry

ItemSet 345751

All Taeon needs to be 10 Snapshot.

Flurry I

ItemSet 348576

Flurry I provides enough wiggle room to use Amini Caban. Here you only need 18 Snapshot between both Taeon pieces. You can also swap out Yemaya Belt for Impulse Belt if you're having trouble getting good Taeon augments (Dusktip stones are hard to come by.)

Edit: Added Meghanada Jambeaux +1 over Taeon boots as one 5/5 piece Taeon is easier to obtain than two 5/4.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2016-12-26 11:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Thx snaps!! :D
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2016-12-26 11:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Does this mean when calculating a set's snapshot, amini caban is equal to 0?
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-26 11:26:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kanobrown said: »
Does this mean when calculating a set's snapshot, amini caban is equal to 0?

Yes
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-12-26 12:50:57
Link | Citer | R

how much snapshot can taeon get? bgwiki says 5 but ive seen ppl claim its 10
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-26 12:59:02
Link | Citer | R

x2 5 augments.
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-12-26 13:03:45
Link | Citer | R

thanks i didnt notice the dusk augment
 Sylph.Tranquil
Serveur: Sylph
user: Crion
By Sylph.Tranquil 2016-12-26 15:39:14
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 344743
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-27 01:24:15
Link | Citer | R

literally last 2 pages have about 10 answers to that, did you even read?
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-27 09:44:57
Link | Citer | R

No one made a flurry II set yet, which I also use a lot (rdm trusts go! though we have a few rdm in ls too).

ItemSet 348603

** Gear: 9
** JA: 15
** Gifts: 10

** Flurry II: 30
** Merits: 10
** Gear: 8 + 9 + 10 + 3

Rapid Shot: 84
** Traits: 30
** Merits: 5
** Gear: 18 + 11 + 10 + 10

Feet are augmented rapid shot + 10

Also, posting what sets you have and use is fine, but someone needs to make a best in slot sets for this stuff so people know what to aim for, I'll try to later.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-27 12:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
No one made a flurry II set yet, which I also use a lot (rdm trusts go! though we have a few rdm in ls too).

ItemSet 348603

** Gear: 9
** JA: 15
** Gifts: 10

** Flurry II: 30
** Merits: 10
** Gear: 8 + 9 + 10 + 3

Rapid Shot: 81
** Traits: 30
** Merits: 5
** Gear: 18 + 11 + 7 + 10

Feet are augmented rapid shot + 7

Also, posting what sets you have and use is fine, but someone needs to make a best in slot sets for this stuff so people know what to aim for, I'll try to later.

We always bring a RDM for our RNG events, esp because the ability to cross party flurry leaves openings for other full time support in the RNG party.

A suggestion on your set- wouldn't Path D Pursuers Gaiters be better? (Rapid Shot+10)
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-27 12:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
A suggestion on your set- wouldn't Path D Pursuers Gaiters be better? (Rapid Shot+10)

Ya they would thanks :D Editing it.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-27 12:56:04
Link | Citer | R

I revised the Flurry I set to use Meghanada Jambeaux +1 over Taeon Boots.

ItemSet 348576

The rational is that getting 10 Snapshot on Taeon Chapeau is probably easier than getting 9 Snapshot on Taeon Chapeau and Taeon Boots.

Also you can do better than this if you have Haverton Ring, Orion Beret +3, Orion Braccae +3. Not sure what the actual ideal set is but I think the above set should be the bread and butter for most Rangers. Flurry I is easy to count on while Flurry II is somewhat rare. Still worth having sets though.
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-27 13:03:47
Link | Citer | R

I just wonder like with other variables like fastcast and haste, if overcapping snapshot by 1-2 isn't actually ideal.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 130 131 132