VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-09 04:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Nocki said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

Anything you guys can think of to add to it besides gear?

Honor March
It's pretty common for groups that are meleeing stuff.
I know what +1 March does can you tell me what soul voice(I presume double duration) does with it? Sorry my group I roll with isn't that elite and we use a normal REM BRD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-09 05:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Nocki said: »

Anything you guys can think of to add to it besides gear?

Honor March
It's pretty common for groups that are meleeing stuff.
I know what +1 March does can you tell me what soul voice(I presume double duration) does with it? Sorry my group I roll with isn't that elite and we use a normal REM BRD.

Well excuse me princess!
By Nocki 2016-10-09 10:13:18
Link | Citer | R

From bg-wiki:

March+1:Accuracy/Ranged Accuracy+46 Attack/Ranged Attack+184 Magic Haste+15%

And it's 2x potency under SV.
92 acc, 368 atk, 30% haste

Madrigal x2 + Honor March under SV is +266 accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-09 10:36:41
Link | Citer | R

I had missed the note on SV on that page when I took a super quick peek last. After you had recommended it. TY. Hopefully I can find some better info then "10%" "15%". I'll check the JP wiki now for /1024.

Hmm the orignal source on BG Wiki has Haste values at:
+0 102/1024 = 9.96%
+1 138/1024 = 13.47%

Which kind of sucks its 3/1024 away from cap with Haste 2 (307).
By Afania 2016-10-09 13:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet, now we can finally build sets with more accurate info!

I had to make some adjustment for melee(fettering/blurred +1) sets after spreadsheet update due to some result being different with the new version. Getting Cessance+haverton combo beating suppa/petrov most of the time. DA+10 ambuscade backpiece beating stp+10 unless I roll a bad number on SAM roll.

Time to make a "I rolled a unlucky number on SAM roll" tp set, "I rolled an okay number SAM roll" tp set and "I rolled a No.11!!!111 on SAM roll" tp set, lol.
By Afania 2016-10-13 04:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Been playing with the new spreadsheets all night(Thanks to those updated it!), just sharing some observations with ranged setup/last stand situations...

In last stand spam situations Arma III AM3 > dp III AM3 > Arma III AM1 > Fomalhaut even though Fomalhaut has the highest ws avg. This does not consider dps lose to get AM up nor extra dps from light sc dmg from fomalhaut though.

A strong crit-hit dmg in ra tp set seems to favor crit-hit rate gear over stp gears when using Arma III with AM3 up, even though last stand dmg scale up with tp overflow.

For example with 16(that's how much I have in triple shot mode) crit-hit dmg gears in ra set, 34 stp from sam roll, AGI/racc/rattk/crit-hit +10% ambuscade back > AGI/racc/rattk/stp +10 back when using last stand as main WS with Arma AM3 up. But with fomalhaut or dp AM3, or low crit-hit dmg gear in tp set, AGI/racc/rattk/stp +10 > AGI/racc/rattk/crit-hit +10%.

In other words AGI/racc/rattk/stp +10 ambu piece is more useful for ranged tp but AGI/racc/rattk/crit-hit rate +10 is situationally useful for Arma III users, or maybe someone with more crit-hit dmg gears than me.

Time to make 2 ranged attack ambuscade back I guess.....
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-13 04:40:57
Link | Citer | R

You may want to hold of till I release the next one. The one off copy I gave you, I had never looked at the RA part and its cRatio for ranged Phy WSes might be off, I noticed it listing 3.0~ some wheres but that might of been right. I only quickly glanced at that part. I was more worried about adding new features and fixing melee those first few days. Since I don't play range mode to often. Anyway sorry I haven't gotten to work on the spread sheet in a few days its still in the middle of adding Vorseals.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-13 18:30:17
Link | Citer | R

This has probably been answered before, but is the tp bonus totm gun worth making for fodder content?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-13 18:33:14
Link | Citer | R

It's worth making for more than just fodder.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-13 18:35:39
Link | Citer | R

OK can you enlighten me? I'm interested in using it mainly for solo apex farm on cor. I'd love more incentive to make one.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-13 18:38:36
Link | Citer | R

Savage Blade is COR's best physical WS, and it provides a rather massive damage boost for it.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-13 18:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Oh ok awesome I didn't know it worked that way. Thanks for the info. That will help me a ton when I parse melee on cor yeah boy!
By Afania 2016-10-13 18:51:27
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
This has probably been answered before, but is the tp bonus totm gun worth making for fodder content?

It's also quite possibly the strongest ws for endgame content melee setup against none piercing target unless I'm missing something. If you do things like melee woc or melee kirin, your magical ws may be resisted without mage buffs and food, so leaden wf is kinda useless. If you use a BRD SV Madrigal your last stand racc will also be one tier lower than melee acc without prelude. So the only usable ws will be melee physical ws which is either Savage or evis.

Personally I use magian gun A LOT more often than aeonic gun and arma III, lol.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-13 19:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Whenever I see CORs in Aeonic NM videos using Last Stand over Savage Blade in a melee setup (and there's no SC reason for it), it makes me cringe.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-13 19:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the anwers! I find myself using savage more than leaden when I play with my friends. They never wanna buff me etc. This should help a lot with my damage.
By Afania 2016-10-13 19:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Whenever I see CORs in Aeonic NM videos using Last Stand over Savage Blade in a melee setup (and there's no SC reason for it), it makes me cringe.

All those "I miss every single last stand with an aeonic weapon and parse 1%" videos are exactly the reason why I wrote the above post ._.
[+]
By Daemythos 2016-10-14 04:19:17
Link | Citer | R

What are people typically putting on their Camulus's mantles, I only recently started playing COR, and I feel I don't reaaaally know what I should be doing.

Is tying to play ranged COR a dumb idea? should I just build my cape for melee and thus WS spam?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-14 04:38:56
Link | Citer | R

COR is one of those jobs that wants a LOT of capes. Ambuscapes are both a blessing and a curse in that regard.

If you're asking for specific capes to build, there are a ton. AGI/macc+mdmg/WSD for Leaden and Wildfire, AGI/racc+ratk/WSD for Last Stand, STR/acc+atk/WSD for Savage Blade, DEX/acc+atk/DA or STP for melee TP, AGI/racc+ratk/STP for ranged TP. Those are just some of the stand-out options; there are tons more for slightly more niche situations.

If you want suggestions for your first cape, it'd be good to specify what you use COR for the most. If you do a lot of melee content, it might be good to build your Savage cape or a melee TP. If you focus on magic WSs, build the Leaden and Wildfire one. If you want to give ranged a shot, make the ranged TP or Last Stand cape. It's all going to depend on what content you're doing on COR and what you hope to get from the job.

EDIT: Don't mean to overwhelm with all the capes, just wanted to display how many options you have.
[+]
By aigulfe 2016-10-14 20:33:09
Link | Citer | R

^yeah, I'm at 6 COR capes already... pretty much every one outlined above. Debating on whether I want a seventh one lol.
By Afania 2016-10-14 21:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Daemythos said: »
What are people typically putting on their Camulus's mantles, I only recently started playing COR, and I feel I don't reaaaally know what I should be doing.

This is what I have currently:
AGI+30/macc+mdmg+20/WSD+10(leaden)
AGI+30/racc+ratk+20/WSD+10 (Last stand)
STR+30/acc+atk+20/WSD+10 (Savage blade)
DEX+20/acc+atk+30/STP+10(all purpose melee/QD stp set/occult acumen set)
AGI+20/racc+ratk+30/crit+10(Armageddon wildfire /ra dps tp)
AGI+20/racc+ratk+30/STP+10(dp/fomalhaut/leaden/last stand ranged tp)

probably gonna do req back next, mayyyybe aeolian edge too, then utility backpieces such as meva/waltz +10 etc.

IMO the top 4 are must have for COR, you can probably skip last stand back if you absolutely don't want too many. But I'd highly recommend at least leaden/savage back, maybe melee too.

Daemythos said: »
Is tying to play ranged COR a dumb idea? should I just build my cape for melee and thus WS spam?

It depends on the strat and what you're fighting. There are things that's more ideal to /ra because of aoe and things that's more ideal to melee.

Also depend on access to gears and buffs, and targets. Usually melee has higher dps because FFXI battle system kinda favor melee jobs. But if you're in a situation with Arma AM3 up, with triple shot/sweet spot bonus and fighting piercing weak NMs ra may end up winning.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 06:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Hi, I have a question.
Corsair isn't on eminent dagger(yet nin and FKING SCHOLAR ARE HELLO?) so as someone who just returned I don't have a second weapon to dual wield.

What is a quick/easy to get weapon I can offhand?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 07:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Are you capable of doing wildskeeper reives or not yet?
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-10-15 07:21:51
Link | Citer | R

If you can do WK get Atoyac. If you have money buy Blurred Knife.

edit: err, just remembered Blurred weapons require Superior job gift, so maybe you can't wear that.

edit 2: Arasy knife screw that, it requires Superior too...

So you can only get the following other than eminent scimitar: Atoyac from Tchakka and Sabebus from Ironbeak.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 07:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Takes superior1 for arasy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 07:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I re-edited my post. Atoyac and Sabebus are the easiest to get upgrades over pre-Adoulin stuff.
Then there is unity, incursion and hightier battlefield weapons, but those are all harder content.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 07:39:11
Link | Citer | R

I have 0 bayld.
Can I get the new joyeuse thing? I liked joyeuse.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 07:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Demersal degen? It drops from a unity nm that is lv 125 and not exactly easy for a returning player.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 07:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Atoyac is 40% oat iirc, farming WK is probably the best idea. It's also a dagger that lasts all the way to endgame depending on the enemy and playstyle required.
[+]
By Elvisquestly 2016-10-15 15:59:17
Link | Citer | R

Returning Corsair after a long break. I remember when using phantom rolls I was able to see the range of the affected area of the roll and I can't figure out how or where to activate that setting, any help?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 16:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Config => misc. 3 => area display
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 156 157 158