First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-08-22 17:58:08
Link | Citer | R

I was working on Almace NMs 2-3 weeks ago now and I'd like to point out I had a bunch pop 20-30 minutes after kill. I posted proof on one of them on BG Wiki. My guess there is no minimum re-spawn other then the 15 minute window the PH doesn't re-spawn after killing a NM which in my case I had happen with one right after first PH was killed.

I think either people were idiots years ago when people said they had gotten NMs to spawn in less then an hour but always got discredited do to them not having a picture or SE ninja nurfed lot pop NM times.

Edit: He wasn't the only one I got to pop before the supposed window either got Tottering Toby, the Bugard and the Rabbit. Toby popped at 58 minutes which is why I decided to try others faster. I thought either there was some leeway or the minimum window crap was wrong or changed.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-22 18:33:32
Link | Citer | R

There actually was an update that lowered repop times. I forget exactly when it was, but I think it was just a bit before SoA came out.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-08-22 18:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
There actually was an update that lowered repop times. I forget exactly when it was, but I think it was just a bit before SoA came out.
That one was for timed spawn NMs not lot pop. examples: Sim, Roc, Morbolger etc. SE never listed any lottery NMs when they did that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-22 20:00:02
Link | Citer | R

It was also for lotto NMs. All of the pre-zilart NMs had their minimum repops seemingly removed. Some of the later trials still have minimum repops unless it was later patched again(Ramponneau, for one).
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-08-23 13:05:44
Link | Citer | R

This may seem like a silly question but...How are people tracking their QD recasts?

In my recast addon, the second charge used will add 1 minute to the existing recast timer, not separate it out. Over the course of a fight/multiple fights, it becomes near impossible to know if a charge is ready or not (unless you go into the ability menu).

Is there a trick to tracking it or splitting out each charge in recast? Also, using Ashita not windower, not sure if that's the reason.
By Afania 2016-08-23 15:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
This may seem like a silly question but...How are people tracking their QD recasts?

In my recast addon, the second charge used will add 1 minute to the existing recast timer, not separate it out. Over the course of a fight/multiple fights, it becomes near impossible to know if a charge is ready or not (unless you go into the ability menu).

Is there a trick to tracking it or splitting out each charge in recast? Also, using Ashita not windower, not sure if that's the reason.

I don't use 3rd pt tool so I just use echo....2006 JP style.
By Verda 2016-08-23 16:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Afania's answer is a good one, personally for all jobs I use timers addon with only recasts enabled then use SE's timers for buff durations.
By tyalangan 2016-08-24 08:55:49
Link | Citer | R

If doing Escha/Reisenjima NMs (T1-2) should I be /SCH for weather when doing darkness SC off SCHs Distortion for Leaden Salute?
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2016-08-24 09:22:57
Link | Citer | R

if you have a SCH with you doing distortion, tell them to stop being lazy and weather you!
By Verda 2016-08-24 09:26:37
Link | Citer | R

^
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-08-24 09:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sanosuke said: »
if you have a SCH with you doing distortion, tell them to stop being lazy and weather you!

Haha I haven't started yet but didn't consider that! I'm the lazy one for not thinking of it.

Well, in that case what should I be subbing? BLM for MAB traits or something else entirely?
By eliroo 2016-08-24 09:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Lemuel said: »

Haha I haven't started yet but didn't consider that! I'm the lazy one for not thinking of it.

Well, in that case what should I be subbing? BLM for MAB traits or something else entirely?

/DNC or /NIN

For DW
By tyalangan 2016-08-24 09:42:25
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

/DNC or /NIN

For DW

Okay, I was thinking of standing back to stay away from AoEs but I guess I can always just /nin for shadows. Thanks!
By eliroo 2016-08-24 09:44:44
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »

/DNC or /NIN

For DW

Okay, I was thinking of standing back to stay away from AoEs but I guess I can always just /nin for shadows. Thanks!

It depends on the NM, some you want to stand away from.

Fortunately with you can DW 2x Kustawi for when you want to shoot.

If you are playing with a GEO they can make some of the AoE damage laughable.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2016-08-24 09:56:34
Link | Citer | R

/blm is only MAB II trait, so 24 mab. not really worth bothering. and then, even if you were, /rdm gives the same with much more usefull options for you.

Now, it's not that hard to get 250ish MAB from gear so 24 from SJ is a bit meaningless if the DW gives you other options.
By Afania 2016-08-24 10:12:38
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »

/DNC or /NIN

For DW

If you stand back to stay away from the shadows then nin is a useless SJ since you won't get hit, you may want to use something else for more dps and screw shadows. However it is my favorite melee SJ.

Here are the pros and cons of each SJ for leaden darkness when not meleeing, pick one that's most suitable for the situation that works for your strategy.

Dnc: If close SC from afar you can DW for 12 AGI and 10 mab, you also get SC bonus job trait for more SC dmg. However it's not as good if you are hitting 100k SC, so don't use it on targets you can hit 100k darkness on.

Edit: Just noticed sub DNC actually has a litttle bit higher ws avg than /BLM in very high buff situations. QD avg still take a hit though, so use it depend on ws frequency.

If shooting for tp and need racc from dw 2 racc daggers, this sj also beats nin because of acc bonus job trait.

BLM: You get mab jt 2 and 3 more AGI than sub RDM. Has access to high mp cost spells such as thundaga for occult acumen to generate tp on targets that you can't hit(I've got over 130 tp per cast before). Overall a solid SJ when closing darkness and dealing dmg with QD.

RDM: More of a defensive SJ in endgame with Stoneskin, phalanx and emergency cure. Everything else same as blm. Can self flurry if no one else is doing it.

Sch: Self storm, but SCH should do it tbh.
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-24 10:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ajirha said: »
/blm is only MAB II trait, so 24 mab. not really worth bothering. and then, even if you were, /rdm gives the same with much more usefull options for you.

Now, it's not that hard to get 250ish MAB from gear so 24 from SJ is a bit meaningless if the DW gives you other options.

I paid 12m for 12 mab and 160m for 35 mab so I would sacrifice my soul to satan for free 24 mab because +24 for a stat that modifies ws and qd heavily is.....meaningless >.>

Blm still has a bit higher AGI than RDM, thus overall it has the highest ws avg than other sj. Mab boosts qd dmg too.

The real perk of sub blm is, imo, occult acumen build to tic a few tp up when racc is floored on high end targets. Personally I use this SJ a lot because Im a "I wanna win parse" kind of jack *** player, only sub RDM when not being comfortable with the group.
By Afania 2016-08-24 10:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Oh and forgot to mention another perk(that is less useful)sub blm has, if duoing easy NM with adds, such as pakecet, can ES sleepga adds then reset ES with random deal, WC and super revit.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-08-29 08:09:55
Link | Citer | R

Did a quick search through the thread (may have missed it) but how valuable is the Ambuscade set for COR?

At first glace it seems like for Last Stand and situations where you need a lot of accuracy, some of the pieces would be very good. As well as situations where you are trying to cap ranged acc.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-08-29 08:53:08
Link | Citer | R

they are very good for ranged attacks and last stand, if you can get them you should.
By tyalangan 2016-09-01 13:47:07
Link | Citer | R

I understand Animikii can be great for QD since it doesn't use bullets but for Leaden Salute and WF is the only MAB ammo option once/if I get Death Penalty?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-01 13:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Best you've got until Living Bullets are Orichalcum. 2 MAB, can be purchased from the RoV moogle.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-02 14:24:38
Link | Citer | R

Afina, I was just looking over your item set for Salute and noticed Garuda ring instead of arvina +1, I thought for sure arvina stats would beat Garuda ring no?
By Afania 2016-09-02 15:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Afina, I was just looking over your item set for Salute and noticed Garuda ring instead of arvina +1, I thought for sure arvina stats would beat Garuda ring no?

Arvina has more macc and enmity-(which actually matters when doing mega salute SC)that's for sure. Dmg wise it's 3 mab v.s 4 AGI, it's another "depending on gears and buff" sort of thing. High agi in gear and buff favors mab and vice versa.

Just checked my excel rq, at 220 AGI 240 mab Garuda does beat Arvina, but I don't have accurate AGI MAB numbers atm so it may not be exactly accurate.

Edit: At 250 agi 250 mab Garuda still pulls ahead, at 300 agi 240 mab Arvina wins. In other words you need pretty low mab buffs and massive AGI buffs for Arvina to win.

Edit2: Another alternative to consider for the ring slot in high buff situations is zodiac when weather day bonus up, or mujin band when closing mega darkness.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-02 17:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Shiva.Eightball said: »

Arvina has more macc and enmity-(which actually matters when doing mega salute SC)that's for sure. Dmg wise it's 3 mab v.s 4 AGI, it's another "depending on gears and buff" sort of thing. High agi in gear and buff favors mab and vice versa.

Just checked my excel rq, at 220 AGI 240 mab Garuda does beat Arvina, but I don't have accurate AGI MAB numbers atm so it may not be exactly accurate.

Edit: At 250 agi 250 mab Garuda still pulls ahead, at 300 agi 240 mab Arvina wins. In other words you need pretty low mab buffs and massive AGI buffs for Arvina to win.

Edit2: Another alternative to consider for the ring slot in high buff situations is zodiac when weather up, or mujin band when closing mega darkness.

well actually i have the 3% WSD ring from adoulin and i am trying to get archon ring now that my DP is 119, so i do belive i will be using both of those primarily (once i have them). in testing in game with WSD ring vs a NQ garuda ring WSD won by a lot.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-02 19:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Edit2: Another alternative to consider for the ring slot in high buff situations is zodiac when weather up

Zodiac is day only.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-06 14:27:05
Link | Citer | R

looking for anything to improve on for Leaden

ItemSet 345986
Carmine [Path D]
Herc legs +10 AGI +21MAB
Herc Feet +18MAB/MACC 18atk/acc +9% WSD (dark matter)
Camulus Mantle +30AGI 20m.acc/m.dmg +10% WSD
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-06 14:41:04
Link | Citer | R

Are you using Moonshade at sub ~2750 TP?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-06 14:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Are you using Moonshade at sub ~2750 TP?
nope, should use that over Novio?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-06 14:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely. TP bonus is exceptional with Leaden. If you have a MAB/TP bonus, it's even better.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 156 157 158