Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 459 460 461 ... 838 839 840
By Morihei 2016-10-01 10:52:51
Link | Citer | R

Question! If I /equipset in a macro for a WS, then /equipset back to tp gear, do I need a <wait 1> inbetween the two?
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-10-01 10:55:09
Link | Citer | R

no
not if you got them on two different macro buttons

hit one for ws then hit one for tp gear
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-10-01 11:02:55
Link | Citer | R

No, even if you have them on different macro buttons, if you're within the 1 sec window it won't switch. You need to have the wait 1.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-01 11:04:09
Link | Citer | R

I think its bothersome to use 2 macro per ws but if you want to a single macro, you dont need to use wait between the first swap and ws, but need to add a wait before the second swap.
 Cerberus.Meatster
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2016-10-05 23:49:33
Link | Citer | R

So ive just returned from a long break. Have gotten myself the ROE completed for 119 gear and soloed the 119 battlefield to get JSE gear. My bst is doing me well enough in battlefields/solo content. Wondering if gearing up corsair is worth it for entering new endgame content. I asked in yell and everyone either said Geo/cor/whm/blm.

Also if any linkshells are recruting on Asura hit me up.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-10-06 01:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Anyone leveled up woodworking recently and wouldn't mind sharing how they did it?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-06 13:56:44
Link | Citer | R

What is the average for sack of fern, taupe, pellucid stones? I had always assumed it was 8 since 6 is minimum i have seen and 10 max.
By Morihei 2016-10-09 11:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Question! The Fotia Belt / Gorgets seem useful, but is the 10% WS damage the same as the elemental alignment boost you get from regular elemental belts/gorgets?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-10-09 11:11:08
Link | Citer | R

It's the same as the original Gorget/belts, they just worded it differently.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-10-09 12:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
What is the average for sack of fern, taupe, pellucid stones? I had always assumed it was 8 since 6 is minimum i have seen and 10 max.

I've gotten 12 before from those sacks.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-10-09 14:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »

I would guess 9 average per sack. Max amount is 12.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-09 22:46:32
Link | Citer | R

I got a semi lucky dark matter aug on herc hands of WSD 8, nothing else.

I am wondering how these would compare to a 15 str 4 wsd aug from taupe stones for ws such as Savage Blade, Blade Ten, etc? Better yet about how much STR on said ws's will you need to beat 1 WSD?
 Valefor.Kiaru
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-10 02:19:37
Link | Citer | R

How do you upgrade emp weapons 90-119?
All links I find say you need 1500 heavy metal plates(hello 150m gil?) and not enough on AH amount of riftdross(hello another like 200+M gil?). That doesn't seem reasonable to me.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-10-10 02:37:19
Link | Citer | R

No that is the way to do Empy Weapons

1500 HMP 90 -95
Riftcinders/Dross 95-99 depends on weapon
300 Riftborn Boulders to i119
10,000 Riftborn Boulders to i119III (After Glow)

HMP and Rift items come from VW

Riftborn Boulders come from Merit Battles, Delve and some drop from some other places.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-10-10 02:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
All links I find say you need 1500 heavy metal plates(hello 150m gil?) and not enough on AH amount of riftdross(hello another like 200+M gil?). That doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Nope. That is all still 100% correct. 1500 Heavy Metal Plates, and the all those Riftdross/Riftcinders.

No. it's not reasonable. It never has been really.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-10 02:40:05
Link | Citer | R

You upgrade them like that.
Most people these days have mules, and they grindspam Voidwatch during the campaign to farm HMPs and Rifts on their own, then buy the rest on the market thanks to the larger quantities/lower prices while the campaign is up.

If you have mules whenever you do VW you get double the chances of getting the HMPs/Riftthings.
Imagine if you have multiple mules.

Of course it's quite the excruciating grind if you don't have mules, but the same applies farming the Beitetsu/Riftborn/Pluton for the Afterglow stage of your weapon.
People without mules have quite an intense grind in front of them.
(arguably people with mules too, to be fair :P)
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-10 02:45:54
Link | Citer | R

basically dont start unless you have 400m, or 400m worth of time (200+ hrs of farming)
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-10 02:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, well that's...weird.
Guess I'm never working on an emp ever again, that's a shame. They completely killed emp weapons in like 2011 and never fixed them :( What the hell is wrong with them? I assumed they'd fix that mistake since it was just catering to whiners who cried "waaah emps are so easy compared to mythic/relic and better make them cost gil and be a huge grind too!"

Are relics/mythics/aeonics to 119 anywhere near that grindy?

edit: fixed typo in bold/underline
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-10 02:57:28
Link | Citer | R

relic runs 200mil and mythics are 400mil~ too like emps

aeonics are free if you can do them, gl on that if your posting here about how hard 400mil is haha!

people merc aeonic for 300mil

so you got
200mil relic
300 mil aeonic
400 mil emp/mythic
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-10 03:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, well that's...weird.
Guess I'm never working on an emp ever again, that's a shame. They completely killed emp weapons in like 2011 and never fixed them :(
I dunno about that.
I mean I make the same exact thoughts as you, but then I see how many *** AG empys there are around on Asura and then I reach the conclusion that there has to be a mistake somewhere in my way of reasoning.
That or people have way more free time, on average, than I gave them credit to.
If this is the amount of people who manage to complete the Empy trials despite such an excruciating grind, then maybe SE did the right thing into not making major adjustments in the update requirements.

Just saying.

Quote:
Mythic got much easier thanks to the RoV key items.
There are still a couple of annoying assaults but overall you can pretty much solo all of it within reasonable time.
The only long lasting trial is the 30k Alex, which is either an INTENSE and long lasting trial if you farm the majority of Alex yourself, but can get much easier if you have mules, or if you simply have the gil and buy most of the Alex, at which points Alex becomes the easier step of the process :D
After that you have the same old "kilshot/WS" trials, then 3x of that mat dropping from Pandemonium Warden, plus multiple kill trials which are gonna take a few days/weeks to farm all the Zeni and blahblahblah, especially if you have no mules.
After that it's "only" 10k Beitetsu, which is again either 100 mils or some weeks of farming if you got mules (or much much more if you don't)

Relics are much faster of course, and Relic currency is so cheap and so fast to farm anyway without the daily entry lockouts for Dynamis.
But then again majority of Relics are kinda meh even if you afterglow them (~100 mils for 10k Pluton)

Aeonic is either incredibly easy or simply impossible.
It's something you can't solo. Well you could arguably merc them, people on my server sell Aeonics for 300 mils, but aside from Mercing it's like I said. It's either incredibly easy to get one, or simply impossible.
Aeonic are an odd ball.
Some are awesome, some are ***, most are still pretty nice considering how easy and un-grindy it is to obtain them.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-10 03:20:51
Link | Citer | R

I consider Mythics far worse of a grind. And relics are overall the weakest class of Ultimate weapon. Aeonics are a different beast as they were made in a different era.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-10 04:13:46
Link | Citer | R

About availability, you don't need to worry much. In theory, a single party spamming Ambuscade has available around half mats necessary for a REMA weapon (for example, I farmed ~25k hallmarks, and had access to 1k hp bayld this month). So I'm sure, despite not having enough mat at a given time, it's not hard to restock, Just need to search a small amount everyday. And coming the end of month, often the supply spikes due people converting hallmarks/gallantries. I always can find decent price. There are always the multiboxers that bring a mule with stupid amount of mat and put them in bazaar for average/low price. I think I already bought like 5k bayld with that, without any overprice (and you need to consider that, if a mofo decides to buy all mats overnight, a person alone can make the average price spikes like 20+%. Even buying, you have to be smart and never rush. Last month hp bayld went up to 28k a piece due to those mofos, now it seems none is buying them above 20k a piece, and when they do, someone rush tô Sell and buy from himself just to erase the overprice from AH lol).

Anyway, its around 300m to make a tier 3 R.E.M. But the weapon is useable with 200m, then you can work the 10000 boulders slowly. Even with ambuscade, Empyreal never dropped much in price aside the riftcinder, that definitively dropped, but mythic, relics and Ergon are much more reasonable to make nowaday. Respectively, Alex went from 8k to 5k, currency are bellow 300k a 100 piece and hp bayld went from 30k to 20k.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-10 06:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Is it true that this game doesn't get anymore content updates? I remember something ~1 year ago where they said "This is ff11's final content update".

Is that right?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-10 06:40:32
Link | Citer | R

That's what was supposed to happen, but then we received Ambuscade, some mounts and appearently new, bigger stuff coming from april 2017 onwards.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-10 06:41:54
Link | Citer | R

No more marjor content updates. Which means no new expansions, but can still get new battlefields.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-10 06:51:48
Link | Citer | R

I think it was in the last Freshly Picked, but the devs also mentioned working on new battle content, as well. The likelihood of major content updates, such as expansions or new areas, is slim, but they are by no means abandoning ship.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-10-10 06:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Pants makes a good point.
Ambuscade is really the reason why Sechs (and others) see so many "121" Empys running around. (Basically no one AGs legitimately anymore.... if they ever did to begin with in the first place. It was generally an unused feature by the vast majority.)

And not only that, but they've been running a LOT of VW campaigns back to back these past couple months... (you'd think they'd take the hint and make it permanent like they did with Salvage plans...)

So while Empys are definitely the "hardest" to make.... and for the vast majority of them offering subpar choices.... (pretty much just Armageddon, Almace, and Twashtar)
They certainly are a lot "easier" than it initially seems thanks to the nigh constant campaign and Ambuscade every 3rd month offering extra HMP.

So the real question is, which Empy are you after?
Depending on the weapon and the job, a Relic may serve you more. Perhaps a Mythic. (If you can't afford the Empy, I have doubts if you can get ahold of Aeonic level people... but I dunno who you play with.)
Extreme generalization: 2hander: Relic, Aeonic, or Mythic; 1hander: Aeonic, Empy(and often offhanded to the other two), or Mythic; Mage: Mythic-only (though SCH can make pretty good use of the Aeonic staff.)

EDIT: just when I finish a reply on the slow moving thread, it decided to get hot.
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I think it was in the last Freshly Picked, but the devs also mentioned working on new battle content, as well. The likelihood of major content updates, such as expansions or new areas, is slim, but they are by no means abandoning ship.
Yes. Last freshly picked was when they said that they're cooking up a new battle content... but never said when and what.

The AMA was where they basically said "if we have the money, we could do more mini/expansions".
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-10 07:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
That's what was supposed to happen, but then we received Ambuscade, some mounts and appearently new, bigger stuff coming from april 2017 onwards.
Thanks! Where can I find this information on stuff coming up?

Also, I wanted twashat for THF.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-10 14:10:55
Link | Citer | R

*** is good for thf, you can go after it and be happy, but honestly I feel you may put better use of time/energy/fun into building a job useful to an aeonic shell and getting a free aeonic dagger. Its just as good from my knowledge (better?). With the competition out there too I bet a ls would merc an aeonic for 200mil by this point, not like it makes the fights significantly harder with a +1. That would make it half the cost for you.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-10-10 20:05:38
Link | Citer | R

So this happened tonight. Has anyone ever seen this before? No joke.

First Page 2 3 ... 459 460 461 ... 838 839 840