Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 458 459 460 ... 834 835 836
By FaeQueenCory 2016-09-22 17:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Finally i've unlocked monster rearing, my lamb (Patsy) has 3 stars now and seems to love me dearly, but he doesnt want to evolve. i've tried feeding him greater boyahda moss a couple of times and no evolution. Am i feeding the wrong food or do i just need to keep trying and be patient?
thanks for the help <3
That's not your first lamb, right? Cause.... 80% sure it can never evolve. (As that would break the questline.)
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-09-22 19:20:52
Link | Citer | R

My friend Iragel http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Shiva/Iragel can't seem to have his missions/merit points for his achievement points showing, any suggestions?
 Asura.Crevox
Serveur: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-09-24 18:27:33
Link | Citer | R

How much does melee value +% critical, for both autos and WS? How does this compare vs Double Attack or Attack stats?
By Verda 2016-09-24 18:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Except in a few instances where white damage can be very valued, usually a combination of multiattack and store tp is much more desirable as weaponskills along with skillchain combinations resulting from them are a much higher part of your damage so getting to them quicker is the better path. I can think of three examples where crit is valued in autos:
1) ODT and ODD procs such as on empy WS can make the white damage very respectable. Especially on RNG but on many jobs.
2) For things crits will disable on a NM. Such as this months VD intense Ambu breaking weapons to drop auras.
3) Any time where you can't WS a mob due to mechanics of a fight.

I'm sure there's others.

As for the WS themselves, a lot of WS can't even crit and THF can force crits as well as DNC on the first hit of a WS even if the WS itself can't crit, same goes for Mighty Strikes for every hit while it is active. You really only want to worry about crit hit and crit damage for a WS if it can critical. As for multihit on a WS, it can help any weaponskill but the ones it is worth gearing for it tend to be paging weaponskills, in other words ones where fTP carries through on additional hits like evisceration and CDC.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-09-24 19:01:54
Link | Citer | R

And if the weaponskill CAN critical, what is the value of the stat versus alternatives?

Preferably looking for a measurement of sort (weights), but even just an idea is fine.

Unrelated question:
I heard at some point that FPS values over 60 can potentially cause autobans to occur... is this still an issue? Would it be an issue for FastCS?

Unrelated question to the unrelated question:
Are food % buffs based on base stats, or your current stats? If current stats, and upon food use, these current stats are not enough to reach the cap for the food (and thus you are granted a suboptimal value), does this bonus granted dynamically increase or decrease as your gear adjusts your stats? Does it "snapshot" the stat granted upon use?

Unrelated question to the unrelated question to the unrelated question:
Does Dia work for equipment that grants Treasure Hunter? Diaga? How about even when it does 0 damage?
By Verda 2016-09-24 21:18:58
Link | Citer | R

I still keep myself capped to 30fps. I heard it was an issue with fishing but never anything else.

Crit will give you an increase of 1 to the pDIF calculation. So if pDIF is capped at say 3.25, the multiplier becomes 4.25. On top of that any and all crit damage will apply as a multiplier in a different term. It's impossible to say weights without knowing context of the situation. An example, when pdif is low (you are attack starved) pdif can go from .5 to 1.5 on a crit, tripling your dmg. When pdif is capped it becomes less of an affect but it still allows you to bypass the attack/defense ratio cap when you crit. Note this is for melee, ranged and even pets have different calcs.

I'm unsure on the food stuff maybe someone else has tested or can answer.

Any action that would put you on the hate list in any way and is a direct action on the mob will apply TH, even a missed ranged attack.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-09-25 08:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Is the furrow on Mog Gardening based on quantity harvested or amounts of time harvested? Felt like I've been spamming for a week and nothing for Rank 6.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-25 10:40:46
Link | Citer | R

I cant say for sure, but spamming revival roots, you will be having high number of harvests and quantity harvested imo.
By Bahadir 2016-09-25 13:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Based on bgwiki (https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Weapon_Skill_Damage) the dmg of magical WSs contains the Lvl of the player as one factor.

Does any1 know if this is still applied and if so, if this value exceeds 99 accoding to the iLvl of the weapon?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-25 15:34:07
Link | Citer | R

Yes, main-hand weapon ilvl affects them.
 Cerberus.Leadleaf
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Leadleaf
By Cerberus.Leadleaf 2016-09-25 17:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Is there a cap on how many mobs that can give exp when killed simultaneously?
By Quizzy 2016-09-25 19:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Leadleaf said: »
Is there a cap on how many mobs that can give exp when killed simultaneously?

Based on the days of SMN burn, I doubt it.
 Odin.Blizzy
Serveur: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2016-09-25 20:42:53
Link | Citer | R

I belive the cap per pull is currently at 15
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-09-25 23:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Crevox said: »
How much does melee value +% critical, for both autos and WS? How does this compare vs Double Attack or Attack stats?
I'm assuming you mean critical hit rate? Or do you mean critical hit damage?
Either way they are more useful in WSs than they are in TP builds. (RNG being an exception as it has a suuuuper high crit rate. It's the king of white damage.)

Acc and QA/TA/DA/OA2~3 are better for TP as more hits = more TP = more WSs... and the fact that for most jobs, White damage is garbage compared to spike damage.
And if the weaponskill CAN critical, what is the value of the stat versus alternatives?

Preferably looking for a measurement of sort (weights), but even just an idea is fine.
Really need to know if you meant rate or damage here. Both are relevant to WSs that can crit (Eviscerstion & CdC) and those who can be forced to do so (Rudra's Storm). And depending on which you're talking about depends on which is better.
Unrelated question:
I heard at some point that FPS values over 60 can potentially cause autobans to occur... is this still an issue? Would it be an issue for FastCS?
It gets you instabanned and always will forever and always due to the fact that animations are tied to frame rate in XI. Meaning you will literally move faster than you should (and appear to poshack) if you start going at 60. I *think* there are ghetto alternatives and work-a-rounds... but I don't know their specifics. (Not worth risking a ban to find out IMO.)
Unrelated question to the unrelated question:
Are food % buffs based on base stats, or your current stats? If current stats, and upon food use, these current stats are not enough to reach the cap for the food (and thus you are granted a suboptimal value), does this bonus granted dynamically increase or decrease as your gear adjusts your stats? Does it "snapshot" the stat granted upon use?
They give you an effect of +n% to a stat with a specified cap. Just like if you wear a piece of gear with +5 attack and then add one with +10, you'll have +15. It's not a +n effect, but a % multiplier. So don't worry about changing gear.
(In case that wasn't clear enough, food buffs are dynamic when they have +n% values.)
Unrelated question to the unrelated question to the unrelated question:
Does Dia work for equipment that grants Treasure Hunter? Diaga? How about even when it does 0 damage?
Yes. TH is applied when any action done to the target produces enmity. Usually damage, but an enfeeble spell will also do it. And 0 damage is still damage. Even if it didn't reduce the target's HP.
By fractalvoid 2016-09-25 23:04:46
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Unrelated question:
It gets you instabanned and always will forever and always due to the fact that animations are tied to frame rate in XI. Meaning you will literally move faster than you should (and appear to poshack) if you start going at 60. I *think* there are ghetto alternatives and work-a-rounds... but I don't know their specifics. (Not worth risking a ban to find out IMO.)

Curious about this. Was running uncapped fps for a bit when messing with my new gpu and didn't encounter anything other than things looking silly
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-25 23:10:52
Link | Citer | R

yeah, i've been running 60fps via the windower plugin for the month that i've been back and havent been autobant yet
By fractalvoid 2016-09-25 23:18:57
Link | Citer | R

Yep, same here. It doesn't seem plausible that they'd ban for running 60fps,let alone have an autoban system in place for it
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-09-25 23:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean critical hit rate? Or do you mean critical hit damage?

Critical hit rate.

Quote:
They give you an effect of +n% to a stat with a specified cap. Just like if you wear a piece of gear with +5 attack and then add one with +10, you'll have +15. It's not a +n effect, but a % multiplier. So don't worry about changing gear.
(In case that wasn't clear enough, food buffs are dynamic when they have +n% values.)

I know this, but the question is if the value is determined and kept upon use (the value gained based on the %) or will it increase/decrease accordingly as your stats change while the food buff is still active.

Quote:
Yep, same here. It doesn't seem plausible that they'd ban for running 60fps,let alone have an autoban system in place for it

60 FPS is fine, but I've been told in the past that values over 60 can trigger the autoban system, mainly when zoning, because the game thinks that you might be speed hacking. As far as I can tell the FastCS addon uncaps the frame rate during the cutscene, which speeds it up... but wondering if this can trigger that system, or if that system is still in place.

Thank you for your responses.
By fractalvoid 2016-09-26 07:34:49
Link | Citer | R

60 FPS is fine, but I've been told in the past that values over 60 can trigger the autoban system, mainly when zoning, because the game thinks that you might be speed hacking. As far as I can tell the FastCS addon uncaps the frame rate during the cutscene, which speeds it up... but wondering if this can trigger that system, or if that system is still in place.

Thank you for your responses.

I did run uncapped for a bit. Don't remember if I zoned with it, but I had it on in my moghouse. My moogle looked like he had too much cocaine or something and was spinning too fast, and my tail was going nonstop so I figured it wouldn't be practical for anything.

I will say that fastcs has given me no issues. I really doubt an autoban system is in place for anything in this game anymore, but who knows.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-09-26 13:22:47
Link | Citer | R

well i'm back, Still same problem with my lamb (and yes its my first lamb) it doesnt do anything although it has three stars now....so what am i doing wrong? The wiki sais i can get the next quest when i get monster rearing to rank 2. So do i just keep daily feeding and checking on patsy and will i then be able to buy a book like for the other mog garden nodes?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-26 13:29:13
Link | Citer | R

You need to trade it an evolution food. Boyahda Moss for Adult sheep or Napa for Karakul.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-09-27 17:40:52
Link | Citer | R

Anyone experiencing crazy lag or constant d/c when dualboxing since the most recent Windows 10 update? Are there certain addons/plugins I should be taking off?
 Sylph.Braden
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-28 22:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Do the aftermaths from AG Bravura and Claustrum break the 50% DT cap, or are they the same as the old Bravura aftermath?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-28 22:30:52
Link | Citer | R

No one has the AG Claustrum to my knowledge, so will have to be Bravura testing. Will AG my lolstrum one day
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-09-28 22:46:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Anyone experiencing crazy lag or constant d/c when dualboxing since the most recent Windows 10 update? Are there certain addons/plugins I should be taking off?
Yeah, my ***locked up a lot when it updated.

Did a rollback and problems went away.
 Sylph.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2016-09-29 09:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

System Restore? I keep crashing during ls events in Reisenjima with a full alli. I never crash otherwise. Tried turning off all effects blah blah blah and nothing. Maybe I'll try this when im home.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-09-29 20:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kollosis said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

System Restore? I keep crashing during ls events in Reisenjima with a full alli. I never crash otherwise. Tried turning off all effects blah blah blah and nothing. Maybe I'll try this when im home.
There's an option within the update menu to revert back to a previous state.

From there, do a registry hack to trick windows that you're on a metered connection to block the update from auto downloading itself again.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 17:06:43
Link | Citer | R

A couple of probably silly questions but it's been bugging me for some time...

1. Is the game capable of picking gear between the various inventories at the same speed when swapping? I mean am I sure when I use a ja or ws from stuff from different places that it all works as intended? I'm a bit paranoid...

2. and on that note..when you have the little wheel that says it's still loading the bags, does that mean that they are unavailable to gearswap as well in that moment?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-30 17:21:08
Link | Citer | R

1. I think once it's all loaded, it doesn't really matter, all the inventories are the same.

2. Gearswap will still work immediately after zoning. You just have to wait if you want to move items between inventories.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 17:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, that makes me feel better! *can relax again*
First Page 2 3 ... 458 459 460 ... 834 835 836