Returning Player To Ifrit, Looking For New Friends To Re-roll, I Suppose I Could Help You With Gil And Gear XD

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning player to Ifrit, Looking for new friends to re-roll, I Suppose I could help you with Gil and Gear XD
Returning player to Ifrit, Looking for new friends to re-roll, I Suppose I could help you with Gil and Gear XD
First Page 2
By KingWingnut 2010-04-13 11:22:55
Link | Citer | R

[I posted a similar thread to this on the Ifrit board, I hope I am not "spamming" by any means, just wanting to let as many fellow FFXI'ers out there know about this as possible. who might want to join!]

Hey everyone. Well I started playing FFXI back @ NA Release a loooong time ago, and played for about 2 years, quit, played again from 05-06, quit again lol, then picked it up again back in 2008 for a year, before getting frustrated with the game (and life) and quitting. Since then I've been playing Aion, and a few other MMOs, which have only satisfied me for a few short months. FFXI is where its at, but ONLY if you have friends to party with...

I want to come back to FFXI :]

My Taru on Ifrit, Wingnut, is a 70 Rdm, 66Thf, along with about 10 other jobs to 35+.
All if not most Adv jobs unlocked. If I remember correctly I have a ton of gil still waiting for me :]
It's been almost exactly a year since I quit again.
I would like to reactivate my account, and start having fun again, with the greatest MMO i've ever played.
However, I only want to start up again, if I can find a close knit group of players, that would like to
'static party' together. My schedule is pretty open right now, until college starts again in a couple weeks anyway..

So, Is there anyone out here on Ifrit that wants to either:
A: Roll new Characters, 5 or 6 of us, and start grouping everyday and have fun while grinding. the REAL FF experience, Lets team up and have fun playing the game how its supposed to be played. Fun, friends, quests, and more fun! XD
B: Invite me to your wonderful (active) LS, where we can Party, quest, BCNM, NM hunt, and alll the other great things in FFXI!

FFXI has always had a special place in my heart, and I have always came back to it. My goals (if I do infact return) will be do Grind rdm to 75 in my offtime, grind thf to 75, and complete All of the CoP/TaoU/WotG missions Finally. :]

Please reply here if this sounds at all interesting to you. Im thinking along the lines of, us starting in the next day or 2 with new jobs, and grouping all through Valk/Quf/Kaz and onwaaard! Once we get to a certain point, we can take a small leveling break for missions or anything else. My main goal is just to make new friends, have fun, and enjoy the whole FFXI experience, just like I did when the game First came out in North America :]

~Thankies!
~Sir Wingnutty
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-13 12:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Looking to buy friends?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-13 12:06:20
Link | Citer | R

why would they need to re-roll their characters to level new jobs lol
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-13 12:10:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
why would they need to re-roll their characters to level new jobs lol
Maybe he doesn't know about level sync? Although I quit over a year ago before coming back, and they had it then, or were just fixing to add it in a couple of weeks.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-13 12:20:29
Link | Citer | R

i guess that's true

level sync has been around as long as i've played lol

so i guess it's hard for me to conceive of a time without it

even without level sync though, you could just level a level 1 job, assuming you had one
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-13 12:32:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to say he doesn't know what level sync is.

Level Sync~
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-04-13 14:13:22
Link | Citer | R

you'll eventually see me in Whitegate or somewhere.
[+]
By KingWingnut 2010-04-14 10:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Wow, unbelievable.

Yes, I know what Level sync is, did I not say that I quit a year ago?

Did I say anywhere in my post about wanting to level sync?
Level sync is fail, it underlevels your skills, and makes most of your gear worthless at the time, if not obsolete.

I clearly stated, that if anyone would like to Roll a new character (from another server obviously, that's why I infact posted this on the General Board and not just the Ifrit board) OR start a new job from Level 1 (ever think its possible someone might have a character with all of their mage jobs, for example past lv50, and they might wanbt to reroll for fun?)

Jesus, If your not interested in the OP or the entire subject altogether, why the hell are you even replying to my thread?

PS: I am not looking to 'buy' friends, I said I have spare gil from when I quit, to help anyone out that WANTS to infact party with me. If you want to start a lv1 job, and dont have the funds, or if you wanted to reroll altogether, I would be more than happy to financially help you out.

But imo, It seems like I wouldnt want to play with most of you, from your attitudes, and this isn't even in-game yet, I can only pray...

I was hoping there were some competent, mature players out there that wanted to start up again with me, I guess I was dead wrong.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:14:27
Link | Citer | R

You shall address Ninian with proper respect.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-14 10:18:14
Link | Citer | R

KingWingnut said:
Wow, unbelievable.

Yes, I know what Level sync is, did I not say that I quit a year ago?

Level sync is fail, it underlevels your skills, and makes most of your gear worthless at the time, if not obsolete.

I clearly stated, that if anyone would like to Roll a new character (from another server obviously, that's why I infact posted this on the General Board and not just the Ifrit board) OR start a new job from Level 1 (ever think its possible someone might have a character with all of their mage jobs, for example past lv50, and they might wanbt to reroll for fun?)

Jesus, If your not interested in the OP or the entire subject altogether, why the hell are you even replying to my thread?

PS: I am not looking to 'buy' friends, I said I have spare gil from when I quit, to help anyone out that WANTS to infact party with me. If you want to start a lv1 job, and dont have the funds, or if you wanted to reroll altogether, I would be more than happy to financially help you out.

But imo, It seems like I wouldnt want to play with most of you, from your attitudes, and this isn't even in-game yet, I can only pray...

I was hoping there were some competent, mature players out there that wanted to start up again with me, I guess I was dead wrong.

Unfortunately you speak as if you have never once level synced and just did a bandwagon "i hate level sync".

It only gimps your skills if you stay in the dunes all day. If you stay within 15-20 levels it's fine and you'll never notice the difference unless you are the person who trys to cap 5 weapons on the way to 75.

idk just my thoughts when i read that. I've level synced the ***out of about 4-5 jobs myself and never once fell too short to make up in the later parties.
 Hades.Cheyne
Serveur: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-04-14 10:20:21
Link | Citer | R

KingWingnut said:
Wow, unbelievable.

Wow lol.

Good luck on getting an exp pt without level sync. It's almost impossible these days.

You talked to maybe 4-5 people in this thread and already making a biased opinion on FF players?

You are already making a bad name for yourself before you even start playing again.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:20:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Did you say anywhere in your post where you DID NOT want to level sync? Thought not.
Quote:
It's called skilling up and it's not difficult.
Quote:
I was hoping there were some competent,
You don't know how to skill up properly and then question the competency of others? lol, that is laughable. It doesn't make level appropriate gear obsolete, wear level appropriate gear.
Quote:
Jesus
Doesn't exist
Quote:
If your not interested in the OP or the entire subject altogether, why the hell are you even replying to my thread?
I think you meant "you're".
Quote:
Wow, I am so touched. My feelings, /faint.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
What is this "re-roll" terminology?
Create a new character.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-14 10:29:03
Link | Citer | R

KingWingnut said:
Wow, unbelievable. Yes, I know what Level sync is, did I not say that I quit a year ago? Did I say anywhere in my post about wanting to level sync? Level sync is fail, it underlevels your skills, and makes most of your gear worthless at the time, if not obsolete. I clearly stated, that if anyone would like to Roll a new character (from another server obviously, that's why I infact posted this on the General Board and not just the Ifrit board) OR start a new job from Level 1 (ever think its possible someone might have a character with all of their mage jobs, for example past lv50, and they might wanbt to reroll for fun?) Jesus, If your not interested in the OP or the entire subject altogether, why the hell are you even replying to my thread? PS: I am not looking to 'buy' friends, I said I have spare gil from when I quit, to help anyone out that WANTS to infact party with me. If you want to start a lv1 job, and dont have the funds, or if you wanted to reroll altogether, I would be more than happy to financially help you out. But imo, It seems like I wouldnt want to play with most of you, from your attitudes, and this isn't even in-game yet, I can only pray... I was hoping there were some competent, mature players out there that wanted to start up again with me, I guess I was dead wrong.
Yup..Imma go with you are still looking to buy friends..

It's funny that you flipped out and everyone that posted(well everyone but me) was actually trying to help you out..tisk tisk tisk.
By Zekko 2010-04-14 10:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Jesus
Doesn't exist

Proof?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Jesus
Doesn't exist

Proof?
And yours?
By KingWingnut 2010-04-14 10:58:12
Link | Citer | R

This is hilarious, I regret ever coming here. I should have expected this from a (elitist) forum of a game that's 8 years old.

I wont be coming back here again, 'Tigerwoods' and "Zorander' get a life please, breaking down forum posts into quotations and creating a comeback for each thing I type is so childish, and just screams "HEY! I THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! GIVE ME ATTENTION!!"

How hard is it to not reply if your not interested in the Original Post? Jesus..I don't want any of your damn opinions, if I did I would have asked for it. I was looking for players interested in what I was interested in from the OP. But whatever, it's all good, reading comprehension ftl.

PS: No one was trying to help me originally, The only person that semi-helped was Niniann, which I really didn't need any of that information anyway, since I'm well aware of what Level-sync is and how it works. It seems like no one here has any common sense whatsoever. If you can't seem to notice this from reading this thread, then God help you.

Ill just play a different game, rather then possibly waste my time getting back into this, then having my account wrongfully RMT banned for camping an NM or selling too many trash drops to NPCs some ***.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-14 11:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Jesus
Doesn't exist

Proof?
And yours?
Does it matter if he exists or not, as long as the idea creates goodwill towards all?
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-14 11:19:15
Link | Citer | R

You sir fail..you are not clear and then instantly freak out at ppl that post..thanks for making me laugh.

What did you expect to happen? And yes for the record ppl did try to help you were just to stupid to understand it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 11:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I regret ever coming here.
Glad I could assist.
Quote:
I should have expected this from a (elitist) forum
LOL, this is like the least elitist forum they have on ffxi next to wiki forums
Quote:
I wont be coming back here again,
Good riddance.
Quote:
'Tigerwoods' and "Zorander' get a life please
RL card, lol.
Quote:
I don't want any of your damn opinions,
Then leave. LOL at not wanting opinions, posting on a forum.
Quote:
How hard is it to not reply if your not interested in the Original Post?
The same difficulty as you not posting this topic to begin with.
Quote:
It seems like no one here has any common sense whatsoever.
Seems like you don't, posting on a forum and expecting no opinions.
Quote:
Ill just play a different game,
Bye
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 11:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Jesus
Doesn't exist

Proof?
And yours?
Does it matter if he exists or not, as long as the idea creates goodwill towards all?
Ok, selling your daughter into slavery is goodwill towards all.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-14 11:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
"Tigerwoods" and "Zorander"

The new Starsky and Hutch?
 Fairy.Guebotermico
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-04-14 11:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Sounds to me like that taru guy is 10 to 15 years old and don't have an idea about how this game works lol no even 75 yet and no missions or notting completed and wants to start over again like he finished lol u haven't even start it all starts realy at lv 75
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-14 11:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Just because Vegetto and the small minority are elitist, doesn't make this forum elitist.

One bad egg doesn't make the batch bad etc.
[+]
 Sylph.Shinobu
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2010-04-14 11:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Lol, wow... My little brother could take spaz lessons from the OP. Nobody said a single even remotely offensive thing except for the "buying friends?" remark. Level sync was the greatest thing to hit ffxi ever. Maybe you are one of those religious nuts who hates electricity also. "It has to be done the old fashion way or not at all! If it doesn't take 15 hours to get a party its no fun! the anticipation builds the entire game!"

No... Level sync does nothing but save time. In no way does it make things less fun because you leveled not at the right place for your level, clearly someone in the party is. If you need a different job someone could always switch to there 75 whm for your level 25 party desperately in need of a heal. You need a tank? Someone has pld leveled. How is making things simpler worse? The way it was before, unless you were a rdm or brd, you had to wait hours for a party. If you were anyone else you had to wait hours to get a rdm or brd.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 11:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Just because Vegetto and the small minority are elitist, doesn't make this forum elitist.

One bad egg with a rajas doesn't make the batch bad etc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-14 11:44:14
Link | Citer | R

KingWingnut said:
My Taru on Ifrit, Wingnut, is a 70 Rdm, 66Thf, along with about 10 other jobs to 35 .

grinding. the REAL FF experience

ok this thread got pretty hilarious

seriously, how would you know what the REAL ffxi experience is. i mean don't you need to do both levelling AND endgame before you can decide which one is the REAL FF experience?

not that you did much grinding either

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2