Iota Ring Worth It?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Iota Ring Worth It?
Iota Ring Worth It?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 10:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Iota ring is really not great for TPing for one handed. 3 Dex will most likely not break a crit teir for you, woodsmen/snipers ring are cheap to get, if you can't afford 50k, then you need to stop playing.

Hell blood ring is free.
 Cerberus.Watanabie
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-04-10 10:06:37
Link | Citer | R

WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 10:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Let me ask you this Dasva, outside of Novio, what else can she get for her nuke set? SCH doesn't get morrigans and SE didnt give it to much gear choices.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-04-10 10:21:36
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Focalization

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Klimaform

I'll just leave these here.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 10:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Let me ask you this Dasva, outside of Novio, what else can she get for her nuke set? SCH doesn't get morrigans and SE didnt give it to much gear choices.
Well probably since sch has less innate skill a more or less max dmg set and a 320/120ish skill set would be in order.

I made a 320/120ish set before.

Mind you this is on non ice non weather nukes. But assuming you keep up ice weather and use obis you should maintain about the same well slightly higher macc on ice nukes. Yes it is less dmg but it's alot more accurate. And this was awhile ago. I'd add Lmg. Medallion +1 Shrewd Pumps Hecate's Capeand Galdr Ring now. Maybe play around with it a little

For a dmg build I'd say, Ebur Coat. Well really most of the ebur set if you can get teh family bonuses.

Her helixes could use, mahtama or yigit gloves, mahatma body, galdr ring, relic belt, gleemans cape, goliard feet.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-04-10 10:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Well probably since sch has less innate skill a more or less max dmg set and a 320/120ish skill set would be in order.

I made a 320/120ish set before.

Mind you this is on non ice non weather nukes. But assuming you keep up ice weather and use obis you should maintain about the same well slightly higher macc on ice nukes. Yes it is less dmg but it's alot more accurate. And this was awhile ago. I'd add Item Not Found! Shrewd Pumps Hecate's Capeand Galdr Ring now. Maybe play around with it a little

For a dmg build I'd say, Ebur Coat. Well really most of the ebur set if you can get teh family bonuses.

Her helixes could use, mahtama or yigit gloves, mahatma body, galdr ring, relic belt, gleemans cape, goliard feet.

This post deserves a massive /facepalm... You do realize that's an Aureole in there? I'm sure everyone can just run out and solo AV... Oh wait. Also, where are you getting this "320" skill? Magic Accuracy isn't interchangeable with skill, no matter how badly you want it to be. And even still, you're still missing Klimaform, Focalization, and Hailstorm which is another 7 INT w/ capped Stormsurge.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 10:51:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Focalization
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Klimaform
I'll just leave these here.
I'm sorry but most schs I know kinda find focalization to be um crap. Really though I doubt the loss of dmg gear in place of a little more macc would really be worth 2 charges. I mean do you really think that swaping in that much macc will cost you 40% dmg? Or for real efficiencies sake assuming you are doing parsimony only, do you really think you'd lose so much dmg that 2 nukes with parsimony would do the same dmg as 1 in full dmg gear using focalization?

Are you honestly going to tell me you that you either just stick to 1 nuke or keeping switching weather over and over as a sch? Mind you the only macc testing I've seen shows that weather does not boost macc so you put your obi on and you are mitigating it's boost. And either way do you think you can actually hit something hard with a 120/287 build?
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-04-10 10:55:53
Link | Citer | R

How many HNM-level type mobs, do you use multiple elements of magic on? Plus, if you read my post above yours, with 5/5 Stormsurge, you can "idle" in Hailstorm and reap the benefits of 7 more INT on all your spells... Also, this "magic accuracy" testing you've done... I find to be quite hilarious, considering, you don't even have SCH leveled. And from my dealings with a SCH, it's a whole different ballgame than BLM.

Since we're editing posts, INT also adds m.acc to spells as well, so therefore stacking INT along w/ say... Klimaform which is like a mini-Elemental Seal for the storm you have on... They can deal some decent damage.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 10:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
This post deserves a massive /facepalm... You do realize that's an Aureole in there? I'm sure everyone can just run out and solo AV... Oh wait. Also, where are you getting this "320" skill? Magic Accuracy isn't interchangeable with skill, no matter how badly you want it to be. And even still, you're still missing Klimaform, Focalization, and Hailstorm which is another 7 INT w/ capped Stormsurge.
Yeah you know what is really cool is you take out aureole and put in klimaform and obi in thereand bam evened out.

Focalization is crap and you should feel bad for using it in nukes. Sch can definitely cap macc against anything worth nuking. And the loss of dmg gear to do so will not be worth 2 charges

And perhaps you should read up on macc and resistance macc and skill are interchangable

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 11:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
How many HNM-level type mobs, do you use multiple elements of magic on? Plus, if you read my post above yours, with 5/5 Stormsurge, you can "idle" in Hailstorm and reap the benefits of 7 more INT on all your spells... Also, this "magic accuracy" testing you've done... I find to be quite hilarious, considering, you don't even have SCH leveled. And from my dealings with a SCH, it's a whole different ballgame than BLM.
I almost always use ice thunder. Why cause I land it on most things and well extra 10MAB is just kinda nice. When I can't it's generally a mob that resist all but 1-2 elements. Guess what chances are it's not gunna be ice. Owww bye bye 7 int from Stormsurge. Bye bye 10 skill 5 int from staff.

I haven't done the testing many people before me have gone out and done it most notably Lodeguy. I find it quite hilarous you think stats just operates differently cause you are on sch. Might as well say acc does different things for each melee lol
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 11:12:09
Link | Citer | R

So wait, you say SCH doesnt have enough macc to nuke better then a RDM, but then when brought to you that SCH has spells/JA around that, its crap?

320/120 is largly for Wyrms.

Focalization might not be the best but if you are really have magic acc issues like you claim a SCH will have, it has its uses. Not like there is much else better to merit in group 2. 5/5 Stormsurge and 1 into Enlightment. The other 4 are up to you what you want to do.

And, what do you mean by extra 10 MAB?
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-04-10 11:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah you know what is really cool is you take out aureole and put in klimaform and obi in thereand bam evened out.

Focalization is crap and you should feel bad for using it in nukes. Sch can definitely cap macc against anything worth nuking. And the loss of dmg gear to do so will not be worth 2 charges

While the exact amount of Klimaform's MACC boost is still up for question I can assure you that it's MUCH more substantial than the MACC boost you would get from Aureole and belt.

And Focalization isn't "crap." It does have its uses: For example, Tabula Rasa provides you with unlimited charges for a period of time so Focalization a fantastic ability for zerging down resistant NMs. Ever seen a SCH 2hr nuke? It's pretty incredible.

Of course you would know these things if you actually levelled SCH. Anyone else tired of Dasva talking like he knows absolutely everything about a job he doesn't even have?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 11:27:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
So wait, you say SCH doesnt have enough macc to nuke better then a RDM, but then when brought to you that SCH has spells/JA around that, its crap?
Here I will say it again since you didn't get it the first time when you accused me of saying sch can't nuke
dasva said:
Lol not at all. However I seriously doubt a sch with less macc int and MAB then my rdm can nuke that well.
A sch can get enough. More than enough. Hers is so far behind in terms of macc/skill my rdms thrown together set is higher. Forget blm
Sylph.Kimble said:
320/120 is largly for Wyrms.
Depends on if you want fully capped or not and if you are getting MB. But yeah I can generally get more or less capp macc in my full dmg set if I'm not using obi or relic pants on ice nukes. And that is only 309/130. Unless I eat food. Granted that's not really that far behind but meh. It is however close enough where I can see a decent difference when I switch to thunder on hard stuff. Or I use obi and relic pants which is why something like af hands or torque would come in. Unless Mbing. Then macc is kinda who cares for most meritted blms.

Sylph.Kimble said:
Focalization might not be the best but if you are really have magic acc issues like you claim a SCH will have, it has its uses. Not like there is much else better to merit in group 2. 5/5 Stormsurge and 1 into Enlightment. The other 4 are up to you what you want to do.

Depends on what you doing wether it's a waste of merits or not. If you are main healer in really long HNM fights tranquility is pimp. Otherwise yeah merits whatever once you get stormsurge and enlightment. It is however a waste of charges most of the time. If you have to rely on it to land your nukes... why even bother coming on sch to nuke? I mean what nuke ever 2 min? Gear yourself to land your nukes and use parsimony for max efficiency ebullience if spiking dmg is more important. Either way you just got more out of your charges than using Focalization
Sylph.Kimble said:
And, what do you mean by extra 10 MAB?

Tier 1 blm merits.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 11:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
And Focalization isn't "crap." It does have its uses: For example, Tabula Rasa provides you with unlimited charges for a period of time so Focalization a fantastic ability for zerging down resistant NMs. Ever seen a SCH 2hr nuke? It's pretty incredible.
Ok you got me. You can use it to maybe get a little extra dmg against something resistant when you 2hring...

General purpose nuking though?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 11:36:37
Link | Citer | R

If you say you use mostly Lightning/Ice nukes, how is one giving you an extra 10 mab over the other?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 11:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
If you say you use mostly Lightning/Ice nukes, how is one giving you an extra 10 mab over the other?
/sigh. I said I do mostly those because they are 10 more MAB. As those are the 2 I chose to merit. Ie I generally only pull out other elements when I have to. And most those situations I'm stuck with 1 or 2. Not that it happens often. At least when I can come blm to things like that. Seems no one has rdm lvld anymore. Though it is fun landing stuff on rdm
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-04-10 11:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ok you got me. You can use it to maybe get a little extra dmg against something resistant when you 2hring...

General purpose nuking though?

Aside from that I would agree with you for the most part; it's not worth 2 charges. Just thought it was a bit of a stretch for it to be called "crap."
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 11:47:10
Link | Citer | R

You say her SCH set is so far behind your RDM nuke set but I see you are at

256 Skill and +11 Macc

Which puts you at 267 if you believe macc = skill.

So right there, she has 20 extra macc.

Her hat is also Int +4, Macc+5 so that puts her at 25 higher then hours.

As far as int goes, you are at 55, she is at 49. Hardly what i would consider "far behind".

Hell if you want to add in INT+7 from hailstorm that will work for all nukes, that puts her INT at +56. -5 on other nukes for none ice spells ofc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 11:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Your numbers on what I have are a bit off. Instead of doign the math I'll just do a screen shot. I might add that her sch has about 4 less base int than my rdm unless she meritted it. Gogo being taru with int merits. Oh and you aren't seeing 11 macc obviously. Unbuffed of course. Yeah yeah yeah I know needs more morrigan. And probably elemental torque on anything hard

Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 12:02:30
Link | Citer | R

RDM/SCH eh?

How often are you RDM/SCH?

>_>

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 12:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
RDM/SCH eh?

>_>
Pretty much any time I'm not /nin /blu or /drk. Which is alot. I guess /smn and /whm too. But those are so rare meh. And rdm af+1 hat is the sex for nuking. I'd so give up my novio to be able to wear it on blm if I could
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 12:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Oh and I just though of another use for T2 merits. The macc for whm stuff when lvl cap increases. At least for those situations where you will /whm for Repose but don't want to lug around a divine set just for that.

Speaking of which can't wait to be able to repose /whm. Might have to use it more often as a sub
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 12:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Why wouldn't you use RDM/WHM that often? It's basically your go to sub for 99.99% of events/things you'd do on RDM. Helps you heal better, helps your convert with easier DS/cure4 for instant full HP,etc. It benefits you a lot as a healer, be it main healer or support. The other subs you named give you 0 benefit at all outside of situational solos. /smn having almost no use at all.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 12:08:58
Link | Citer | R

I guess I just like having erase, viruna and not having to use charges to have access to nas.

But, if you have to pull the /SCH card to prove a point that you lost, so be it.
 Shiva.Gylfie
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-10 12:20:10
Link | Citer | R

How did a thread about Iota ring turn into a nuking thread?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 12:22:12
Link | Citer | R

ph.Kozuki said:
Why wouldn't you use RDM/WHM that often? It's basically your go to sub for 99.99% of events/things you'd do on RDM. Helps you heal better, helps your convert with easier DS/cure4 for instant full MP,etc. It benefits you a lot as a healer, be it main healer or support.
Because unless you need aga cures or erase or viruna /sch helps more.

They will cure about the same since mnd does so little really. Whm does get 4 more though. Composure regen II will refill my hp for alot less mp. Regen II in and of itself is pretty nice. -10% casting/recast time/cost. Occasionally -50% cost on a rare occasoin cast/recast time (mostly weakened raising on that one). And conserve mp.

Not to mention switching to dark arts when support isn't needed. Which if you aren't main healer is alot and getting to nuke drain and aspir stuff pretty well. Have you ever seen chainspell drain on a rdm/sch?

Then there is those ghetto poisoning with composure. Yeah it's just being cheap and I really don't do it most the time other than to start a fight out with another 200 or so mp.

There are very few situations where /whm is better from just a support healing standpoint. Once the lvl cap gets higher /sch will be even more rediculous. Most of those are resolved with having more support than just you. I ask you this. As a sch even as back line sch do you generally /rdm or /whm? I know what most schs would say.

/smn gets use cause well there are those rare rare times when you want to pet pull and apparently most people suck at it so guess who gets to do it.

/drk is obvious though sometimes i get asked to that for things like kirin lol.

Oh yeah forgot /blm. Generally only used in dynamis for sleepgaing ***. Though sometimes on weak ***I can still get a good aspir/drain in. And most stuff I can still sorta nuke.

/nin and /blu are pretty much just solo subs.

/whm comes out when I as rdm absolutely have to have erase or viruna. Or curaga alot. And when they finally uncap things for sleeping things immune to blm sleep. Any maybe flash to help tanks out assuming I can afford to hate wise
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 12:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Your /sch as healer argument seems to assume you're healing a merit PT vs birds or something. Not having curaga1/2 completely destroys you as a healer in any other situation you have to heal. RDM is already the worst healer when it comes to healing AOE damage, giving up your curaga1/2 you get from WHM makes that unbearable. Not having erase is also completely unbearable. A RDM/SCH would force me to sit in light arts 24/7 to erase for him, a RDM/WHM wouldn't, and would allow me to nuke and sleepga/gravityga/etc. Which is going to help things go faster/more easily?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 12:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Your /sch as healer argument seems to assume you're healing a merit PT vs birds or something. Not having curaga1/2 completely destroys you as a healer in any other situation you have to heal. RDM is already the worst healer when it comes to healing AOE damage, giving up your curaga1/2 you get from WHM makes that unbearable.
Actually no. Merit pt would be one of the few times I would /whm as most tend to go after things like mamools and/or wivre and need erasing.

Really though most situations a rdm doesn't get put in charge of a pt taking AOE dmg constantly. Hell generally you shouldn't be putting a pt in a position to take AOE dmg constantly. About the only time I've ever had to throw curaga after curaga to the point I couldn't just single target was against T2 ZNM imp since it just spams agas and is crappy enough where no one bothers to tank and fight it seriuously

99% of the events I do we don't just throw as many bodies as possible on every mob and watch it knock everyone around. Mostly I low man stuff. Yah know tank(s) support and some sort of dmg that doesn't require you tping on the mob.

Currently I use it all the time in salvage. There is no way without any support I could never have to rest or convert early on /whm. And that's with ignoring haste cycles and ***. Instead I just regen II people and still keep up with haste
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-10 12:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Your /sch as healer argument seems to assume you're healing a merit PT vs birds or something. Not having curaga1/2 completely destroys you as a healer in any other situation you have to heal.
I lol'd
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 12:41:12
Link | Citer | R

You could also Phalanx II people, and have them take little to no damage.

You also need JA, Sub, to make /SCH work. As a RDM/WHM, you dont need JA to function well.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7