Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Tomb raider remaster 1-3
Tomb raider remaster 1-3
By RadialArcana 2024-02-18 14:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
RadialArcana said: »
You're not winning anything, they do it all at the design stage now anyway. So unless you refuse to buy anything new you're already supporting it.

So support it more? Nah, I'm good. Edit: If they changed something in the design phase, and there is no leak of it, I can't possibly know what changed and what didn't. If it hit release and then was changed, I can damn sure not support it.

Edit2: I never said I was winning anything. You stated it wasn't a big deal, I said it was to Twitch, and you're replies have been "but it's like this everywhere now." It's like that because more people state it's not a big deal than I do. If anything, I'm losing, bad.

That's what I'm saying, they already do censor everything far harder at the design stage anyway. You're not winning some ideological war, they already won and you're oblivious to the censorship cause it happens in an office. The puritans won, cause they changed side and changed the reason for censoring. It changed from muh religion to muh feminism.

As for the 2nd part, you have to have some kind of grey area. Cause if your standard is all or nothing you're not gonna play anything. I'm sorry but a jacket on a character that shows up for 10 mins total in the game and that is constantly moving around and you can't see it unless it's in a screenshot does not matter to me.

If they ruined her character model or did something big then I have a problem with it, a jacket on an npc that is constantly moving doesn't matter to me.

I already don't buy many new games cause I know they are all milktoast garbage (I refuse to buy any mortal kombat games now for instance cause they esg farmin), but in an older remaster that is 99.99% of what I want I can live with that. Same as with the fF7 remake, it's close enough for me.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2024-02-18 14:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
You're not winning anything, they do it all at the design stage now anyway. So unless you refuse to buy anything new you're already supporting it.

So support it more? Nah, I'm good. Edit: If they changed something in the design phase, and there is no leak of it, I can't possibly know what changed and what didn't. If it hit release and then was changed, I can damn sure not support it.

Edit2: I never said I was winning anything. You stated it wasn't a big deal, I said it was to Twitch, and you're replies have been "but it's like this everywhere now." It's like that because more people state it's not a big deal than I do. If anything, I'm losing, bad.

That's what I'm saying, they already do censor everything far harder at the design stage anyway. You're not winning some ideological war, they already won and you're oblivious to the censorship cause it happens in an office. The puritans won, cause they changed side and changed the reason for censoring. It changed from muh religion to muh feminism.

As for the 2nd part, you have to have some kind of grey area. Cause if your standard is all or nothing you're not gonna play anything. I'm sorry but a jacket on a character that shows up for 10 mins total in the game and that is constantly moving around and you can't see it unless it's in a screenshot does not matter to me.

If they ruined her character model or did something big then I have a problem with it, a jacket on an npc that is constantly moving doesn't matter to me.

I already don't buy many new games cause I know they are all milktoast garbage (I refuse to buy any mortal kombat games now for instance cause they esg farmin), but in an older remaster that is 99.99% of what I want I can live with that. Same as with the fF7 remake, it's close enough for me.

This is why I buy 1 5-year old game at 80% off on Steam, after looking for leaked censorship and woke localizations. I can walk away from gaming for my convictions, instead of bending it. FF7 demake isn't close enough for me, I haven't played an MK game since Mythologies was a thing, and the day they get DRM good enough that cracked games aren't an absolute last resort is the day I no longer game. They will push your grey area to absurdity, like they have everywhere else, and I will not jump through hoops to justify myself playing something I know is censored.

Edit: I'm more than willing to take the L of $5-10/year on Schrodinger's censorship than tie myself into a pretzel saying I don't support censorship but pay full price for something I know is censored because "muh grey area" or "I may have purchased something they censored in development."