Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Granblue Fantasy: Relink
By Afania 2024-02-01 21:47:31
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Afania said: »
Serious??????

Yes!!!!!!!

Japanese culture otaku culture or anime culture.

I read another thread and I finally got why it feels wrong.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57653/did-ff16-flop/7#3691089

Radial, otaku culture(a sub culture inspired by anime fandom) is not the same as Japanese culture. Plenty of Japanese people aren't into anime and when they create their stories you see less anime influence in it.

Dark souls is one of these games. It is a Japanese game in everyway, written by a Japanese who was inspired by western fantasy, using Japanese perspective. This is the very definition of Japanese culture.

On the other hand, in some countries like China, anime culture is very big, they created their own version of anime and anime inspire games like Genshin Impact. In their work, the world view, stories etc are all very chinese (they have very different story writing style from Japan due to cultural differences.) You can not call this Japanese culture too, as they feel very different from anime games from Japan.

When you use anime culture and Japanese culture as the same word, not only it is confusing, it is also kinda insulting to Japanese creators who choose not to put anime culture influence in their works.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2024-02-02 03:47:14
Link | Citer | R

It's pretty good if you've played the original game and enjoy(ed) Versus, it's really faithful and gorgeous.
Gameplay is decent and if you're a manchild who's still into over the top weeb stuff past the age of 25 (my sides), then you'll be happy to find this kind of stuff intact here.

Overall, it's just a bit short, even for a 50€ (cheaper than usual) game.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-03 13:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Cygames that made this, has a lot of staff that originally worked on FF11. They were the ones that asked Fujito and Matsui to have a crossover event with FF11 because they liked the game so much.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Seems to be doing really well!

[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-12 05:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Granblue Fantasy Relink is what ff16 should have been, amazing combat with the ability to swap team mates. A lovely world to exist in and an actual JRPG story that doesn't make you want anti-depressants.

It's super popular, even on Steam alone.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-12 05:37:46
Link | Citer | R

I was gonna buy it then people said the story part was very easy and short. So i think I'll wait for a discount eventually. I swear every game i buy gets a discount or put on premium psn
By RadialArcana 2024-02-12 07:45:48
Link | Citer | R

The story is a little short, and some don't like it but it has a lot of replayability at endgame. Which is why it's active player numbers are still high.

It's being called a less annoying monster hunter type game.

By RadialArcana 2024-02-13 07:05:23
Link | Citer | R