SE DMCA Against Private Server Streams?!?!?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » HorizonXI » SE DMCA against private server streams?!?!?
SE DMCA against private server streams?!?!?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-12-07 07:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Maybe a FFXIV social media rep clicked a FFXI video by mistake and saw the horizon proselytizing, who knows. The entire last thread kept repeating how much they're everywhere. It's not a good look for SE to have as much horizon content(if not more) as retail content on a site like twitch, and while they may not care about FFXI, they certainly do care about their pride.
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
Serveur: Asura
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-07 08:00:18
Link | Citer | R

That definitely could be. I'm not a huge fan of the approach of going after the content creators, but it is probably easier than trying to go after the emulator given the precedent that I am sure they're aware of. Bummer.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-07 08:11:34
Link | Citer | R

If there were any amount of worry given, they would C&D horizon. They would instantly ***their pants and close it down on the spot. They wouldn't even consider fighting it.

Problem would be instantly and completely solved. Not even a real C&D, just the notice. There wouldn't be any process. Any lawyers. Anything. 3 words.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-07 08:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If there were any amount of worry given, they would C&D horizon. They would instantly ***their pants and close it down on the spot. They wouldn't even consider fighting it.

Problem would be instantly and completely solved. Not even a real C&D, just the notice. There wouldn't be any process. Any lawyers. Anything. 3 words.

I mean, they probably don't care about private servers, unless someone is pushing them to social media. It's the same for addons and bots right? They don't care much, but make a guide on using some of those on YT and you will get hit instantly like Ejiin. I think it's just a matter of showing on their radar (possibly with help of people reporting it).
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-12-07 08:55:49
Link | Citer | R

It also can be considered as a bigger threat to the money that they earn than the server's existence. Especially if those streamers become top streamers in the category (so if most of the streams on Twitch are not on the retail server but a certain other one, this could bring returning players to join that server and not retail). They probably just DMCA'd random people that they saw without any specific strategy.
By Tanag 2023-12-07 09:02:51
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
And why now, after years of not doing it.
Because interest in XI is resurgent thanks to the Alliance Raid announcement for XIV

This is likely the reason. If there was ever a time for SE to start caring, it's now.

Advertising for Dawntrail is picking up and will hit full swing early next year. These alliance raids are a big undertaking(and expense); they span a year of updates across a major expansion. Even if SE has not cared much about FFXI lately, they absolutely do not want Horizon taking those potential subs or making them look bad to XIV players.

I suspect they don't care if Horizon exists, but they don't want it to be more visible than retail.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-07 09:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
And why now, after years of not doing it.
Because interest in XI is resurgent thanks to the Alliance Raid announcement for XIV

exactly, and they're not likely to look kindly on a bunch of these interested parties from 14 (or just 11 returnees) being funneled toward private servers. so if this is really SE (likely) then putting the bootleg server name in the stream title is probably a surefire way to end up in their crosshairs atm
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-07 09:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Tanag said: »
I suspect they don't care if Horizon exists, but they don't want it to be more visible than retail.
You're probably right, I wonder why they don't do more community driven content if that's the case. We've got people like NextGames and MrHappy busting their *** and it seems like it would be so easy for Square to throw them a bone, not even one that costs anything, just some sort of official endorsement or "hey come on the community stream and tell us about what you do," anything?

Maybe this will be the start of us seeing something like that? I would jump back into creating things for this game if they actually started doing this.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-12-07 09:23:13
Link | Citer | R

I suspect it's because they're advertising their server on official FFXI media.
Official post: "We're bringing back the Harvest Festival, please look forward to it."
Every comment beneath it: "This game is dead, play HorizonXI instead!"

Asura.Gweivyth said: »
it seems like it would be so easy for Square to throw them a bone, not even one that costs anything
That's what I was saying for the game's 20th Anniversary. Square-Enix had the perfect opportunity to do something like Tweet out to the XIV community or make a fun congratulatory splash page on the login thingy or something. There were so many completely free things they could have done to take advantage of the fact that the game was live for a full 20 consecutive years, but they didn't.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-07 09:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Official post: "We're bringing back the Harvest Festival, please look forward to it."
That seems too brain dead, even I have a hard time imagining anyone being that stupid... You might as well rob a police department in the middle of the day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-07 09:29:09
Link | Citer | R

obnoxiously loud horizon enjoyer: "lmao do somethin about it, nerds! u won't" x1000

SE: *finally does something about it*

obnoxiously loud horizon enjoyer: "omg but we're such loyal fans, why are they going after us now?"

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
That seems too brain dead, even I have a hard time imagining anyone being that stupid... You might as well rob a police department in the middle of the day.

if only it weren't true
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-12-07 09:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Probably would've been awkward for SE to ignore it, let people get swayed to play private in anticipation for the new raid series, only for parts 2 and 3 to be based off content not implemented, and fans left scrambling to complete WoTG/SoA/RoV/TVR on retail.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-07 09:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Svens said: »
Probably would've been awkward for SE to ignore it, let people get swayed to play private in anticipation for the new raid series, only for parts 2 and 3 to be based off content not implemented, and fans left scrambling to complete WoTG/SoA/RoV/TVR on retail.
Good point, hadnt thought of that angle.

also HI SVENS!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-07 09:36:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-12-07 09:41:59
Link | Citer | R

it seems like it would be so easy for Square to throw them a bone, not even one that costs anything
That's what I was saying for the game's 20th Anniversary. Square-Enix had the perfect opportunity to do something like Tweet out to the XIV community or make a fun congratulatory splash page on the login thingy or something. There were so many completely free things they could have done to take advantage of the fact that the game was live for a full 20 consecutive years, but they didn't.
This right here se had the chance and let it slip away or didn't wanna touch it. Also yea horizon has been very much vocal about making everyone try to join but posting on official sites if true seems really dumb.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-12-07 09:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
They were, though. That was part of the reason why I ended up leaving Facebook. I've seen them advertising on Facebook and in the chat of the official Twitch stream. I've never had Twitter or other social media accounts, but I'm guessing those wouldn't be any different.
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-07 09:49:37
Link | Citer | R

I've never had Twitter or other social media accounts, but I'm guessing those wouldn't be any different.

not only do they respond & advertise in official SE tweets about 11, but they are @ing square enix and ff11 community reps about the DMCA strikes as we speak

true galaxy brain stuff
[+]
By Nariont 2023-12-07 09:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Is it just randos or actual staff doing that? If its staff then they are truly stupid. Its stupid anyway but cant really stop regular players
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-07 09:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Is it just randos or actual staff doing that? If its staff then they are truly stupid. Its stupid anyway but cant really stop regular players

i do not think SE cares one bit about this distinction
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-12-07 09:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
It honestly seems like bots. As Gweivyth pointed out earlier, a lot of the posts come from people with suspiciously barren accounts and similar naming convention. Most of them don't even respond when people react to it.

I don't doubt real players are also going around spreading the Good Word about HorizonXI, but I'm sure most actual human beings (especially Aerec And Friends) would be smart enough to not reply to official media. But the fact is, there are posts being made, and I suspect that's what finally caught Square-Enix's attention.
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-07 09:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it is pretty bad on Facebook. I don't use Facebook very often but when I do its pretty much every third ad. I use Twitter a lot more and haven't seen it there, but whoever owns the Horizon twitter account went out of their way to block me so that might be why I don't personally see it.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-12-07 09:57:38
Link | Citer | R

It was getting hard to ignore. There are more Horizon streamers than retail XI.

More Horizon streamers got banned than retail XI streamers exist even.
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-12-07 10:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it is pretty bad on Facebook. I don't use Facebook very often but when I do its pretty much every third ad. I use Twitter a lot more and haven't seen it there, but whoever owns the Horizon twitter account went out of their way to block me so that might be why I don't personally see it.

I thought that you were joking, but there are indeed posts advertising it on the official FFXI Facebook page. Before Social Media, I would never have guessed that people could be that stupid.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-07 10:29:50
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-07 10:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Galakar said: »

I thought that you were joking, but there are indeed posts advertising it on the official FFXI Facebook page. Before Social Media, I would never have guessed that people could be that stupid.

I think I finally have an answer for the question I was asking myself recently. "What type of players would use Self-destruct and Final Sting as BLU in FFXI" :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-07 11:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Jeez...

Everyone gloating that those illegal servers might be having dmca issues... grow up...

[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-12-07 11:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Get wrecked, nerds.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kiraxis
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Kiraxis
By Ramuh.Kiraxis 2023-12-07 11:23:12
Link | Citer | R

This has been confirmed to have affected people streaming eden as well, with the catseye community putting out warnings about streaming right now.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-07 11:34:39
Link | Citer | R

I guess when the poors Horizon players wake up at 1pm they will start filling this thread with the gospel of aerec again.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-07 11:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I guess when the poors Horizon players wake up at 1pm they will start filling this thread with the gospel of aerec again.

I think they'd be up earlier than that, if for nothing else than to go to their jobs.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10