Controller Dual Input Issue

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Controller Dual Input Issue
Controller Dual Input Issue
By Helba 2023-09-27 07:46:32
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
This happens on keyboard presses too if you unlock framerate. There is no "fix", it's just how the game works.

I play with controller on 60fps and no real issues with button presses.

How do you play with a controller and have no issues?
I've tried with and without ds4windows, with xbox360 emulator, hidhide, etc. changed to directInput, switched to xinput and vice versa. I don't know what else I can do...
By Dodik 2023-09-27 08:11:08
Link | Citer | R

My controller is xinput already, didn't need emulation (xbox one with windows drivers).

Before when I used a logitech I used xbox360 controller emulator with xinput.

There will always be faster input at higher framerates regardless if using keyboard or controller, that's just the game. Unlock framerate, open the menu and keep down arrow pressed and see.

I've not noticed any double presses at 60fps neither with emulation nor without. Need to lock at 60fps with framerate divisor 1.

Will just have to get used to the fastcs interaction with npcs, or add exclusions. I frequently press the wrong thing with npcs because input is too fast.
By Jetackuu 2023-09-27 09:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Generally, FFXI players have found directinput to be unreliable
lolwut? since when? It didn't even support xinput for most of it's lifespan. Unless you're talking about the PS4 controller specifically, as it has issues anyway.

@OP: are you sure your controller just isn't experiencing input bounce?
By Helba 2023-09-27 10:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
lolwut? since when? It didn't even support xinput for most of it's lifespan. Unless you're talking about the PS4 controller specifically, as it has issues anyway.

No it's not. At least, I don't think so. All other games are fine with no problems. Maybe its a ps4 controller specific situation with a game old as XI... I'll try getting another type of controller like ds3 or xbox and test it out to confirm this.
Might just buy another controller anyway if I don't manage to figure this out =/
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-27 11:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Helba said: »
Jetackuu said: »

No it's not. At least, I don't think so. All other games are fine with no problems. Maybe its a ps4 controller specific situation with a game old as XI... I'll try getting another type of controller like ds3 or xbox and test it out to confirm this.
Might just buy another controller anyway if I don't manage to figure this out =/

The Xbox elite 2 is so worth the money
Not to mention xinput is the superior input
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-09-27 12:03:08
Link | Citer | R

Real gamers use a Pippin controller