Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Armored Core 6 - Fires of Rubicon
Armored Core 6 - Fires of Rubicon
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-26 11:54:54
Link | Citer | R

I ***on cleaner by walking up to him and punching him in the mouth with the pile driver
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-26 13:42:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I ***on cleaner by walking up to him and punching him in the mouth with the pile driver
Really? And that didn't go "Armor; 1 damage"? I literally couldn't hit him anywhere but down the exhaust pipe. I even hit him with my laser blade at the front and it did like 1 damage so I thought maybe he was virtually invincible outside of dropping stuff down the hole. I tried hitting the claws, the front, the back, the treads. It all said "Armor; 1 damage". But then I'd charge up a laser shot and fire vertically down the pipe and I'd deal 1200 damage.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-26 17:04:45
Link | Citer | R

The mouth is also an exhaust pipe
 Asura.Volteczero
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-08-26 17:52:12
Link | Citer | R

For that Boss I just switched my legs to 4 leggers and fly+hover above it pretty much skips most of the mechanics while shooting down the chimney
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-26 21:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Volteczero said: »
For that Boss I just switched my legs to 4 leggers and fly+hover above it pretty much skips most of the mechanics while shooting down the chimney
When I go for my S-rank on that mission that's what I plan on doing.
By Ultimaetus 2023-08-27 10:33:40
Link | Citer | R

It's fun and a nostalgic. Personally too many differences that worsen the game for me compared to like ac4.it's still a good game.

I could write a wall of every nitpick, but I'll just leave it at stagger, forced delays in firing heavy weapons as what really hurts the game for me. I wanna say the game feels slower than its parents, but it might be a perspective thing.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-08-27 15:58:37
Link | Citer | R

Well, I beat AC6 already after 20 hours, the game is either super short or super easy or probably designed to be multiple playthrough.. PVP is insanely fun though.

edit: there is a new game plus of sorts I guess for replaying the branching mission, isn't immediately apparent if it's harder or not, seems to be the same difficulty
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-27 16:17:52
Link | Citer | R

I just enjoy that they let you blind fire your weapons at faster opponents as they leave your field of vision with any level of accuracy.

<3 4 legs and explosions.

I've definitely played much harder AC games. I can't wait to PVP but I've decided to finish a play through before I start.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-08-27 16:37:20
Link | Citer | R

BG3 player here, just wanted to say how hella happy I am you guys (and a gazillion ppl) are happy with Armored Core! I honestly cant remember a year when so many GOOD games are coming out, not just hype, but quality games.

ENJOY YOSELF <3
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-08-27 17:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok there are changes in the NG+ that's pretty damn cool
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-28 02:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Spent a few mins in the decal creator

Share code: 1ET6T4HK71CW (PC)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-28 07:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Volteczero said: »
Well, I beat AC6 already after 20 hours, the game is either super short or super easy or probably designed to be multiple playthrough.. PVP is insanely fun though.
The main game is only about 20 hours, but there's three branches in the story that lead to three completely different endings. There's also extra time and challenge to be had in attempting to "S"-rank missions, find hidden parts, and so on.

The checkpoints make the game a lot more forgiving, but you aren't allowed to use them if you want that coveted "S" next to the mission.

Mass Effect <3

Melucine said: »
What's the verdict here? Good game?
According to Steam reviews and journalists, its major fault is that it's a FromSoft game; ie, it's "too hard".

But yeah, I'm having fun with it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-28 09:11:02
Link | Citer | R

Melucine said: »
Isn't that always the case when it's a from game, lol. I mean they say the same thing with all the Souls games and I never had a massive issue with those in terms of difficulty, although I haven't been a massive fan of Elden Ring for numerous reasons.
Yeah, that's why I put it like that. It's not even that bad. It might be the easiest Armored Core other than AC4/ACFA. The bosses can be a bit challenging the first go at them, but it's very forgiving because in addition to learning their patterns, you can change your build if you understand the game's mechanics well enough. Moreover, there's checkpoints that allow you to retry immediately instead of having to claw your way back to them.

And out-skilling or out-strategizing a mission/boss that gave you sass the first couple of times is still just as satisfying as ever. It always feels earned.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-08-28 10:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Well I guess it depends what kind of experience the player is looking for. If folks don't want to play Gundam Souls then they might not like AC6.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-28 11:37:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Well I guess it depends what kind of experience the player is looking for. If folks don't want to play Gundam Souls then they might not like AC6.
What I find interesting is how much Armored Core 6 has proven to me that everyone gets something different out of games. When I think of Armored Core, what comes to mind is the meaningful customization, lore-based storytelling, rich atmosphere, the mission-based gameplay loop, and cool robots doing cool robot things. So for me, Armored Core 6 is exactly an Armored Core.

Yet to someone else, the disjointed camera and frequent, oversized boss encounters makes it the least Armored Core that ever Armored Core'd.

Without realizing it, that's why communities can get so heated any time there's a new entry in their series. What makes that series "that series" to one person is going to differ from the next. What ultimately sets the tone is what game you might have entered with, or what that game offers that no other game does.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-08-28 12:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Share code: 1ET6T4HK71CW (PC)
Nice one Proth

I still have purchase the game. Any idea how long these share codes last?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-08-28 12:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I don't think I've played since.. AC3 maybe? The battle system itself looks interesting at least. I remember spending more time in the garage customizing my mechanic than playing the main mission line to be honest.

Still have to be at Elden Ring too... ugh.

Will get on Amazon later and order it. :)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-09-23 10:57:08
Link | Citer | R

What an absolutely stellar game. I got the final ending just last night. I can't stop thinking about all of the implications of each ending and how well-delivered the lore is. It all pieces together so well without ever revealing too much before the ending.

120 hours for mostly just beating the game. Not bad for $60 USD. Now to go back and collect stuff I missed, mess around with goofy builds, and maybe try my hand at S-ranking all the missions.

I'm still debating if it's surpassed what I'd consider my favourite entry in the series (Silent Line), or what I'd consider the best entry in the series (Last Raven). It's at least a contender for both.
[+]
 Asura.Comedian
user: Comedian
By Asura.Comedian 2023-09-23 15:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Excellent game for those on the fence. Well optimized and feels so good to play. Well worth your time if you enjoy mechs, tinkering, great visuals and immaculate gameplay.
[+]