Forum » FFXI » General » Macrocosmic Orb SKC20 Campaign Findings/Discussion
Macrocosmic Orb SKC20 Campaign Findings/Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-05-15 08:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Did 6 demon BC on VD and didnt got a lot of stuff, a friend doing D gets more sellables but no empyrean upgrade items so i guess VD unlocks the chance on getting those items (which are useless), spamming D might be better.

On the other hand, got 3 -1 already doing the orcs so unless the heavy metal pouch/alex sack pops a ton on D @ the demons, i suggest doing the ones that can drop -1s.

Edit: 3/20 on the -1s @ VD orc BC.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-05-15 08:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

No HQ rings!? Surprised you could even land sleep on a level one rabbit :/
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-15 08:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Did 6 demon BC on VD and didnt got a lot of stuff, a friend doing D gets more sellables but no empyrean upgrade items so i guess VD unlocks the chance on getting those items (which are useless), spamming D might be better.

On the other hand, got 3 -1 already doing the orcs so unless the heavy metal pouch/alex sack pops a ton on D @ the demons, i suggest doing the ones that can drop -1s.

Edit: 3/20 on the -1s @ VD orc BC.
Nice I've gotten 0-1
6 pouches tons of +2 skirmish
100 pieces on dyna and NQ hexed just spamming D. Oh and random REM boxes and console. Also lots of HQbayld boxes
 Asura.Nilats
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Nilats 2017-05-15 08:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Did Demon BC last night on N.

SMN job card
alluvion wing pouch
1 HMP
1 Beitsu
1 Byne
By tyalangan 2017-05-15 09:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nilats said: »
Did Demon BC last night on N.

alluvion wing pouch

Anyone getting normal skirmish wing pouches? If so, which BC? I assume from the above the Demon BC is a different tier of drops so maybe only drops alluvion wings.

Did about 20~ Orcs and only got 1 single pulch. wing. Only pouches I have received were skirmish stones. It seems if it sticks with the theme Orcs should drop wing pouches (if available) and if so I have just been unlucky.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-05-15 10:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Anyone get any Glavoid Shells? If so, what drops them?
 Asura.Mckellar
Serveur: Asura
user: Mckellar
By Asura.Mckellar 2017-05-15 10:06:32
Link | Citer | R

I just got a Pouch of Heavy Metals (13) from VD Amphibian Assault!

I have also received A Gabbranth (sp?) Horn and a Rockfin Tooth from VD Demolition Brigade.
 Odin.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-05-15 10:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Anyone get any Glavoid Shells? If so, what drops them?
I got a Glavoid from Throne Room (D).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-05-16 08:53:46
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone experiencing worse drops today on D/VD?? i've done 4 yagudo BCs today with a friend and the drops on VD were MUCH worse than yesterday lol :x
By Darksparksnot 2017-05-16 09:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Thats why i stop doing orb bc's entirely, i prefer steady merit bc's. On my first run i got a hexed somen -1 which nobody would buy, then some crap with rare pouches.
By Zeak 2017-05-16 09:23:56
Link | Citer | R

I can't say my drops were worse today; I've been doing VD Orcs for 4 days now and haven't gotten anything except 2 Linen Pouches and some other REM singles. Random is random, so I think any depreciation in drop value is simply due to a previous luck streak.

Although, that does bring up the question, once again, if difficulty/TH even affects drop rates. I've also been doing Kindreds on both D and VD, and have no noticed no real difference in drop value for the first 5 slots. In fact, I've gotten far more Boxes/Pouches on D than on VD, so I'm leaning more towards those slots having a similar rate among drops regardless of difficulty.

The real question is how the 6th drop slot works. To throw my own experience into the ring, out of about 50-60 fights, I've only seen a 6th drop appear roughly 8-10 times. Mostly Etched Memories in Kindreds and a Hexed Gamashes from Orcs. So, out of 200+ mobs killed, that's roughly a 5% appearance rate, it seems? This was with 0 TH, and a mix of both D and VD. Can't remember the exact ratio of D-to-VD I did, but I wanna say it's close to 50/50. At that, I distinctly remember getting the 6th slot far more on D Kindreds, at least based on the number of Etched memories I had before jumping to VD. Don't think the sample size is enough to make a judgment either way, but figured I'd pool it with others' experiences.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2017-05-16 09:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Zeak said: »
The real question is how the 6th drop slot works. To throw my own experience into the ring, out of about 50-60 fights, I've only seen a 6th drop appear roughly 8-10 times. Mostly Etched Memories in Kindreds and a Hexed Gamashes from Orcs. So, out of 200+ mobs killed, that's roughly a 5% appearance rate, it seems? This was with 0 TH, and a mix of both D and VD. Can't remember the exact ratio of D-to-VD I did, but I wanna say it's close to 50/50. At that, I distinctly remember getting the 6th slot far more on D Kindreds, at least based on the number of Etched memories I had before jumping to VD. Don't think the sample size is enough to make a judgment either way, but figured I'd pool it with others' experiences.

I did about 20 runs solo D, then about 40 runs solo VD, and the drop rate is pretty similar as you said, but as for getting more 6th drop slots that's probably just luck, like me not having gotten any Duskdim +2s until I started doing VD. I see a 6th drop slot on VD with TH4 ~25% of the time. I didn't even know Hexed could drop until I started doing VD. TH probably doesn't affect the drop rate of other items since they are "guaranteed" slots which TH has historically never affected.
By tyalangan 2017-05-16 10:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kyera said: »
Zeak said: »

I did about 20 runs solo D, then about 40 runs solo VD, and the drop rate is pretty similar as you said, but as for getting more 6th drop slots that's probably just luck, like me not having gotten any Duskdim +2s until I started doing VD. I see a 6th drop slot on VD with TH4 ~25% of the time. I didn't even know Hexed could drop until I started doing VD. TH probably doesn't affect the drop rate of other items since they are "guaranteed" slots which TH has historically never affected.

I use maxed JP THF with full TH gear (only ever landing TH9-10 because of kill speed) and I see Hexed gear on D (Orc) 1/4~ runs. Did 20~ yesterday and about 40 the day before yesterday. It has held true.

No -1 gear, no linen pouch, no wing pouch, 1 pulch wing so I would say those are the rarest things in this BC for me. I've received plenty of everything else, though (HM pouches, 100 currency, +2 alluvion stones, etc.).
By Jadey 2017-05-16 11:02:06
Link | Citer | R

The only '6th drop' slot I don't yet know is the Sahagin. Aside from the known Hexed drops we have:

Demons: Vagary items
Tonberries: Voidwatch trophies (Akvan's Pennon, etc)
Gigas: Delve boss materials
Sahagin: ??? (EDIT: Seems to be items for AF +1. Platinum Silk, Sif's Macrame, etc)

The other 5 drops are guaranteed, Rem's Tale 1-5 with a chance for each drop to upgrade to the various Bayld/HMP/Skirmish stones and wings/Dynamis currency/Alexandrite/Reisen stones/Reisen pop item possibilities.
[+]
By Shiloh 2017-05-16 12:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lazskini said: »
Molyneux said: »
AATT can reliably land Sleepga2 on VD Kindred spirits II

How do you go about dealing dealing with Astral Flow? I barely survive it on Difficult.

If you don't have a job like PLD to survive its relatively easy to just use a reraise scroll and while you fight SMN(last) move back to the door in which you enter the BC. After the SMN kills you with Astral Flow and then moves back to it's original position get up, call your trusts and rest up. You should have plenty of time to rest to full.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-16 13:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Should also note the + part of the trust campaign just started. So if you can make sure you survive and they haven't died yet your trusts will auto rr if the flow kills them
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-05-16 13:57:06
Link | Citer | R

Did another 10 runs today, half demons and half orcs on VD and yea, this new campaign that started today is worse than yesterday imo, didnt got 1 single heavy metal pouch or alex sack to drop lol.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-16 15:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Did another 10 runs today, half demons and half orcs on VD and yea, this new campaign that started today is worse than yesterday imo, didnt got 1 single heavy metal pouch or alex sack to drop lol.
Since the campaign keeps going with today adding to it is there a plus extra to the campaign or nah same thing?
By clearlyamule 2017-05-16 15:32:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Since the campaign keeps going with today adding to it is there a plus extra to the campaign or nah same thing?
This campaign according to the post on it stays exactly the same which makes it kind of weird if things changed.
By Jadey 2017-05-16 15:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiloh said: »
Asura.Lazskini said: »
Molyneux said: »
AATT can reliably land Sleepga2 on VD Kindred spirits II

How do you go about dealing dealing with Astral Flow? I barely survive it on Difficult.

If you don't have a job like PLD to survive its relatively easy to just use a reraise scroll and while you fight SMN(last) move back to the door in which you enter the BC. After the SMN kills you with Astral Flow and then moves back to it's original position get up, call your trusts and rest up. You should have plenty of time to rest to full.

Or just eat Miso Ramen and swap to a rudimentary DT set when you fight the SMN. Shouldn't do more than 1k damage even on D/VD and if you're using the right Trusts (Lilisette II, Selh'teus, Iroha II, Nash II) they should pop their AOE heal and you keep going.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-05-16 20:44:42
Link | Citer | R

7 Kindred Spirits on VD:
Duke Amduscias
REM1 x3, Wailing+2, Abundance+1, Ordelle x2
REM2 x6, Plate
REM3 x2, Alex, Malboro Fiber, Bukhis, Ulhuadshi, Tama-Hagane
REM4, Buffalo Leather, Flame Blade x2, Silk Cloth, Mahogany Lbr, Pluton
REm5 x4, Duskslit+2, Leafdim+2, Leaftip+2

Count Andro
REM1 x5, Snowtip+2, Leaforb+2
REM2 x6, Pouch
REM3 x4, Aged Box, Tiger Leather, Gold Thread
REM4, Buffalo Leather, Flame Blade x3, Silk Cloth, Gold Ingot
REM5 x3, Fecundity, Leafdim+2, Snowtip+2, Duskorb+2
Etched Mem

Marquis Chomiel
REM1 x3, Snowdim+2, Snowslit+2, Leafdim+2, 100Byne
REM2 x6, Plate
REM3 x3, Griffon Leather, Karakul Cloth, Oxblood, Alexandrite
REM4 x6, Riftborn
REM5 x4, Duskdim+2, Duskslit+2, Jadeshell

Duke Dan
REM1 x3, Abundance+1, Duskorb+2, Leafslit+2 x2
REm2 x5, Plate, WHM card
REM3 x6, Tiger Leather
REM4 x3, Riftborn, Beitetsu, Flame Blade, Buffalo Leather
REM5 x2, Duskorb+2, Wailing+2, Snowslit+2 x2, Leafdim+2
Etched Mem x2

differences from my 13 D runs:
Aged Box on slot 3
Relic currency on slot 1
got two 100 pieces in 7 runs vs 0 in 13

Sample size is too small to tell if its a matter of additional drops being unlocked or an increase in drop rate, or no change at all and a small sample size is rearing is ugly head. To be honest, the drops look pretty similar and will farm on D just because it goes significantly faster.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-05-17 20:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Jadey said: »
Gigas: Delve boss materials
I've gotten Durium Sheet, Damascus Ingot, Orich Sheet, Bztavian Wing in the 6th slot. The materials are all 119 AF upgrade items, and wing isnt even used for any upgrade.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-05-17 20:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Gigas dropped a random lvl 30's sword one run, wth SE lol

I'm pretty sure all those random items are the ones used for escha pops.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-17 20:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Yup. T1 pop for Zi'Tah.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-20 15:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Amphibian Assault II: 6th slot drops were Damascus ingot, Beryllium ingot, orichalcum sheet, twill damask, siren's hair, exalted lumber, sif's macramé. So 119 af slot and job ingredients.

Seems like at the end of the day most of the zone specific is complete garbage outside of SL and maybe targeting certain hexed peices
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-05-21 23:38:59
Link | Citer | R

So you know that the Orc/Yag/Quad BC only have 4/6 mobs dropping loot? Apparently this can happen with the other two:
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-05-21 23:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the extra mobs still have the 6th drop slot for BC specific things.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-22 01:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it's been reported for pages now lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7