Random Politics & Religion #22

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 79 80 81
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-05 09:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of which, happy Friday everybody!

[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-05 09:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Dead. On. Arrival.

Senate GOP rejects House Obamacare bill

'Any bill that has been posted less than 24 hours ... needs to be viewed with suspicion,' Sen. Lindsey Graham says.

Quote:
After all the energy the House just expended on ramming through its Obamacare repeal, the Senate is about to start over.

“We’re writing a Senate bill and not passing the House bill,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn). “We’ll take whatever good ideas we find there that meet our goals.”...
"Here's how Hillary can still win."
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Why can't we just eliminate the Senate they can't seem to do anything !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 09:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Dead. On. Arrival.

'Any bill that has been posted less than 24 hours ... needs to be viewed with suspicion,' Sen. Lindsey Graham says.

Quote:
After all the energy the House just expended on ramming through its Obamacare repeal, the Senate is about to start over.

“We’re writing a Senate bill and not passing the House bill,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn). “We’ll take whatever good ideas we find there that meet our goals.”...
Actually, the House bill did exactly what it intended to do: Force debate on Obamacare.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-05 09:14:27
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I tried to find myself but it turned into a Simpsons reference...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:15:14
Link | Citer | R

That's the type of folksy music that I didn't know I needed !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 09:15:58
Link | Citer | R

No, Hillary — the main reason you lost is … you

Cause sources outside the NYT, WP, and HuffPost are bad, mmk?

Quote:
Denial is more than a river in Egypt: It’s Hillary Clinton’s take on why she lost the presidency. But the data are clear: She didn’t lose because of Russian interference, James Comey or misogyny. She lost because she alienated millions of people who’d voted for President Obama twice.

The Russian-interference claim is easy to dismiss. Clinton began her campaign in 2015 with a favorable rating of 50 percent. By that summer, though, her favorable rating had dropped to the mid-40s, and it plummeted further to a mere 41 percent by Labor Day. Despite a further year-and-a-half of campaigning, she never rose above the 45 percent mark for the remainder of the race.

It’s easy to know why this happened: Her email scandal surfaced. The first news broke March 2, 2015, in the New York Times. By that summer, the FBI had announced an investigation into whether classified documents had been compromised.

This timeline easily disproves the claim that Russian-government interference determined the election. The initial Times story was based on leaks from the State Department. Later stories also relied on State Department or administration leaks, not emails or info hacked by the Russian government. By the time any now-suspected Russian efforts began to hurt Clinton, she was already mortally wounded.

Comey’s Oct. 27 letter announcing a continued investigation into her emails should be understood in that context. Her approval ratings had barely budged all that year, moving between 42 and 38 percent. Her unfavorable ratings also hadn’t budged, moving between 53 and 55 percent.

Comey’s letter didn’t cause any increase in her unfavorable ratings; in fact, her favorable ratings ticked up a point after its release. American voters had decided long before that her legal status was irrelevant to their opinion of her. Non-Democrats had already decided that they didn’t want her to be president.

She nevertheless lost to a man even more unpopular than she, Donald Trump. Perhaps the Comey letter, coming as late as it did, tilted the decisions of people on the fence against her. But the available data say it did not.

Buried in the exit polling is one shocking bit of data: The 18 percent of voters who disliked both Trump and Clinton favored Trump by a 47-30 margin. The GW/Battleground Poll, directed by Republican Ed Goaes and Democrat Celinda Lake, also found in early September that 18 percent of Americans didn’t like either candidate, but they preferred Trump by an 18-14 margin. A second poll in October again found that same 18 percent figure, and Trump’s edge had moved up to only a 27-19 advantage.

Even if the Comey letter tilted some of those wavering voters against her, the fact remains that this means that information was more important to those voters than anything she had said about herself or Donald Trump for over a year. That fact is a damning indictment of her campaign.

Clinton’s final rationale for why she didn’t lose her own race is misogyny. But that doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. First, why should the appearance of misogyny in the polls be so eerily timed in 2015 with the leaked information about her emails? Second, why should misogyny be so decisive among the 18 percent who disliked both candidates? Third, if misogyny were so important, why would the Clinton campaign spend all of October telling Americans to vote against Trump because he allegedly hated women?

Finally, why have the same blue-collar whites who elected Trump voted time and again for Democratic women such as Heidi Heitkamp, Tammy Baldwin, Amy Klo­buchar and Debbie Stabenow in their Senate contests?

This last point gets to the heart of the matter. News broke this week that Democratic analysts have concluded that Clinton lost because she failed to attract millions of Obama voters who instead went to Trump. These voters, the analysts note, tend to say their incomes are falling or just staying steady. Many also say their vote was against Clinton rather than for Trump.

Makes sense. The regions where Clinton lost the largest share of the Obama vote overlap with the areas where white blue-collar voters have historically voted Democratic because of economic issues.

When their lot in life failed to get better after eight years of a Democratic president, they voted against someone running to continue that agenda and for someone who aggressively courted their votes.

I know how hard it is to lose a race you desperately wanted to win. Three decades after I lost a state Assembly race, I still occasionally wonder what if anything I could have done differently.

But that’s where Clinton and I differ. I still wonder what I could have done; she still broods about what others did to her. She, the Democratic Party and the country would be better off if she adopted a healthier and more accurate outlook.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:16:12
Link | Citer | R

What is interesting to me maybe others. I love Bob Dylan as a writer of songs but he has the worst voice of all the folk musicians....
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:17:48
Link | Citer | R

*hippie flashback intensifies*
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-05 09:18:12
Link | Citer | R

What is interesting to me maybe others. I love Bob Dylan as a writer of songs but he has the worst voice of all the folk musicians....

And that's why you have Simon & Garfunkel. You can debate who the better writer is between Paul Simon and Bob Dylan, but there's no debate on the voice.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-05 09:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Dead. On. Arrival.

Quote:

Actually, the House bill did exactly what it intended to do: Force debate on Obamacare.
I thought it was to give Trump a win. Instead the house and the president are wearing eggs on their faces and claiming its a sign of winning.

Face it, the GOP has been debating the ACA for 7 years now.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-05 09:22:56
Link | Citer | R

I have been saying she ran a LOUSY campaign since the dust settled. I based that on analyses from actual political observers, not opinion writers.
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Who would have thought Healthcare would be so complicated...? I mean we can't agree on which condiment to put on a hamburger...what makes you think we can put together comprehensive healthcare that covers pre existing conditions and doesn't raise cost...!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 09:23:22
Link | Citer | R

I thought it was to give Trump a win. Instead the house and the president are wearing eggs on their faces and claiming its a sign of winning.
Maybe, but in reality though....

And only the GOP, the liberals/democrats continue to ignore the problem and cherrypick certain aspects of their law as winners. All the while, everything else about the law continues to blow up in their faces.

Now that the Republicans are in power, they are trying to get the liberals/democrats involved, but, like spoiled little children they are, choose to refuse to cooperate with anyone outside their little group. Heck, even if Trump agrees with them on certain issues, they still refuse to cooperate.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-05 09:24:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused. Did people actually believe that the Senate would just take what was given to them and vote on it? I don't see where the surprise is with them doing an overhaul. It's what they do.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 09:25:05
Link | Citer | R

I have been saying she ran a LOUSY campaign since the dust settled. I based that on analyses from actual political observers, not opinion writers.
Wait, you based your opinion on the opinion of others, but not the opinion of others?

You do know that analysis are always opinions, right? How can you base your ideas on analysis of opinion writers, but not on the analysis of opinion writers? It just doesn't make sense.....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 09:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I don't see where the surprise is with them doing an overhaul.
The surprise is that Republicans actually follow the legislative process instead of forcing law down people's throats.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:26:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure the Senate is the Senate from Star Wars where they just *** and moan till the Republicans build a Death Star.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:26:49
Link | Citer | R

Seen here is Chuck Schumer and his ilk:
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-05 09:26:50
Link | Citer | R

Now that the Republicans are in power, they are trying to get the liberals/democrats involved, but, like spoiled little children they are, choose to refuse to cooperate with anyone outside their little group. Heck, even if Trump agrees with them on certain issues, they still refuse to cooperate.
There has been NO outreach to the house Dems at all. None.

Hopefully the senate Repubs are a bit more mature.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-05-05 09:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Maybe, but in reality though....

And only the GOP, the liberals/democrats continue to ignore the problem and cherrypick certain aspects of their law as winners. All the while, everything else about the law continues to blow up in their faces.

That's flat out false... the republicans have not tried at all to get the Dems involved...
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Have you ever considered the Democrats are the problem and as much as you hate the "evil Republicans" they are trying to get ***done !

I'll answer that question for you...no you haven't !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Hell have you ever talked to a Republican...and no Facebook doesn't count ! I bet they won't bite...that hard !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:32:29
Link | Citer | R

You can disagree with the political positions but it is hard to say as a Democrat that "no" for every proposal is a reasonable solution.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-05 09:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Well, if whatever bill the Republicans end up with eventually screws over the healthcare system like Obamacare did, we will be able to draw a very helpful conclusion from the presented evidence, as follows:

The Democrats make a bill that no Republicans vote for: Healthcare sucks.
The Republicans make a bill that no Democrats vote for: Healthcare sucks.

Conclusion: The government should stay out of healthcare.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:42:32
Link | Citer | R

I suggest we build robot doctors and nurses and leave humans out of it !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I suggest we build robot doctors and nurses and leave humans out of it !

And North Korea is going to pay for it!

They don't have any real doctors let alone robot ones !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-05 09:54:03
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-05 09:59:07
Link | Citer | R

I thought about running a marathon but I'll get a shirt that said I did...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 79 80 81