Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-21 14:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
She was fighting Jedi killers... Specifically trained to do one thing and one thing only.. Kill Jedi.. she should have died even to one.

And Storm Troopers are trained to shoot things, they aren't very successful either!

Storm Troopers are very effective at shooting things, it's the reason the Rebellion has been decimated. Nothing can shoot through plot armor though, that stuff is made of unobtainium and has been shown to withstand the tidal forces of black holes, exploding stars and both the creation and destruction of the universe. Expecting some Storm Troopers, even highly trained ones, to penetrate it is a fools errand.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-21 14:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
I watched just to see the flashy lights and explosions, otherwise story is ***like pretty much everything else in Hollywood.

The problem is that this has actually been the case since the first one. George Lucas is not really a savant movie maker. He's a guy who knew what he liked as a kid and how to recycle it, and he had the foresight to gamble on merchandising at exactly the right time losing little if it failed, but winning (obviously) just so *** much if it went big.

Star Wars has never been good. It has always been full of bad acting and gaping plot holes.

We all love it anyhow though. But now that we're all old and jaded with different opinions, interests, and beliefs...everyone is mad because it hasn't grown with them exactly how they want it to.

But it's not being made for us anymore. It's being made for "our" children (the royal We, I'm childless).

But much like the baby boomers and...well, frankly, everything they ever god damn looked at, we're still convinced it's ours and ours alone.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-12-21 14:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader, the galaxies biggest villain who killed kids and destroyed planets "there is good in you, i can sense it father"

Luke skywalker to Ben Solo who was a teenager having bad dreams and probably going through puberty "You must die!"

Yoda in original trilogy "feelings yada yada yada lead to the darkside"

Yoda in this drivel "let your feelings guide you master skywalker"

FML... im so insulted by this ***

Omg this is the alien vs predator talk all over again.

Darth vader (anakin) got tricked into the dark side by the emperor, he didnt have a bad side to begin with like kylo renn, in the end anakin remembers all the good things (scene where the emperor is shocking luke) and comes back to the light side before dieing, kylo renn basically wants power and will kill whoever he seems fit (other than his mother it seems but give it time lol).

Yoda says to luke this “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” so he doesnt turn into a sith like his father did for the same reason (anakin feared the death of padme and not being able to bring her back), on this one luke lived thru all the empire BS and just doesnt want that to happen again, that's why he tried to kill kylo renn as a preemtive strike, yoda just tells him to do what he thinks is right without fear, and helping the rebels and rei.

"We don't fight to destroy the things we hate, we fight for the things we love" - don't sacrifice yourself.
literally 5 minutes after Admiral purple hair sacrifices herself.

this ***is terribad, self contradicting primary school story time F material.

the feminism in this movie stinks:
Ben Kenobi went up against Vader. Result: Kenobi dead. Jin versus Maul: Jin dead. Anakin vs Doku: Anakin missing limbs. Force noob Rey vs Ren: permanent scar on Rens face. Force noob Rey vs Skywalker: Skywalker on his ***. Force noob Rey vs Praetorian guards: a few scratches on Rey and dead Praetorian guards. Mary Sue indeed.

Kenobi fought vader and defeated him already removing his limbs, if you saw in this part, luke tells kylo "kill me and ill be with you forever" and that's what kenobi does, what we see is his spiritual form when he fights vader for the last time like in this part we see a younger luke on spirit form as a last stand before truly dieing and turning into the force.

Darth maul was better than quaigon and kenobi and in fact, he doesnt die after that fall, there's movies after that.

Dooku defeats anakin and kenobi once on the clones movie already (when yoda does that epic fight scene), on the revenge of the sith anakin is just a lot stronger than dooku.

On rei vs kylo's first fight, he understimates her true power and pays for it but also remember he was wounded on his left side on the hips, that turned the tide. rei vs skywalker is just luke holding back, he doesnt want to really fight her, you saw his fight vs kylo which was basically luke trolling kylo in full force. We dont know how much she trained before the praetorian fight and its not like the praetorians are the best anyway, kylo dispatches a ton too.

I'd rate this one higher than the force awakens and its one of my favorites so far, it has some flaws like snoke but i'd give it a 8/10 overall.

Also remember, alien > predator!!
By Ramyrez 2017-12-21 14:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
She was fighting Jedi killers... Specifically trained to do one thing and one thing only.. Kill Jedi.. she should have died even to one.

And Storm Troopers are trained to shoot things, they aren't very successful either!

Storm Troopers are very effective at shooting things, it's the reason the Rebellion has been decimated. Nothing can shoot through plot armor though, that stuff is made of unobtainium and has been shown to withstand the tidal forces of black holes, exploding stars and both the creation and destruction of the universe. Expecting some Storm Troopers, even highly trained ones, to penetrate it is a fools errand.

Damn straight. Worked for some farm boy who only ever used his free time torturing wild animals. Will work for most!

...a farm boy who was, just so we're clear, also a Mary Sue. And so is each and every "strong silent type" or "skilled wiseass" main character in every action movie ever.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-21 14:27:37
Link | Citer | R

I like SW8s direction overall, so does many of my friends.

It's 2017 not 1977. That kind of simple and somewhat over the top story in the original trilogy will never work in 2017 since audiences will demand more. The series needs something new and SW8 delivers exactly that.

Kodaijin said: »
When character walked out the door and character #2 was like fire everything at that man... I got chills. Made me think of end of Rogue One. sadly, not up to par. Could have been much more epic.
No hero journey in the movie at all.Only person who sacrifices anything is a person who was on screen for 20 minutes, and who we had no investment in.
That character 1 was yellow.

How interesting would these movies had been if they told Kylo Ren's story?
Not ideal, but better than this drivel.

Finns romance was poorly written, which is the only flaw that I can think of, objectively speaking. Many other flaws haters mentioned are just personal preferences.

When character walked out the door and character #2 was like fire everything at that man... I got chills. Made me think of end of Rogue One. sadly, not up to par. Could have been much more epic.
No hero journey in the movie at all.Only person who sacrifices anything is a person who was on screen for 20 minutes, and who we had no investment in.

Btw, Kylo Ren is actually the real main character in this trilogy, he has more character development than anyone else. I really enjoy his development, from a failed student in his master's and parents eyes, to a great villain that managed to accomplish something Darth Vader never could.

Masterfully writtened character. It's refreshing to see something new and I liked the direction overall.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-12-21 14:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Force awakens: Luke leaves map with R2D2 in case galaxy ever needs him.
Last Jedi, Luke: I came to this planet to be left alone and to die.

/facepalmga IV
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-12-21 14:59:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-21 15:12:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised they didn't have some Imperial general make a snide comment about those Rebels wanting open immigration or something.
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2017-12-21 15:13:50
Link | Citer | R

This new trilogy sucks balls...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2017-12-21 15:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Smoky said: »
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-12-21 15:33:37
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-12-21 15:53:21
Link | Citer | R

To counteract this page of criticism, I saw TLJ on Saturday and loved it.

Fight me.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-21 16:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tydis said: »
To counteract this page of criticism, I saw TLJ on Saturday and loved it.

Fight me.

Nah, from what Ive seen the opinions from SW Reddit are mostly positive.

It's star wars, so no matter whos directing the film there will be haters due to the burden from the original trilogy.

1977 trilogy was way to classic because many of the plot elements were new at that time, doesn't mean the same thing would work in 2017. It's near impossible to replicate the 1977 success in 2017, not anymore. If SW8 use a classic plot structure like the original trilogy people will hate it anyways. At least I would fall asleep if I see another farm boy v.s boring super evil villain kind of cliche story.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2017-12-21 17:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Needed more space battles.
But my biggest gripes were the clear social justice 'diversity' agenda woven into the overall movie and forced humour that ruined emotional and exciting moments.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-12-21 18:02:44
Link | Citer | R

My biggest complaint is that Rian Johnson just kinda scrapped whatever JJ Abrams had set up. Snoke's backstory and Rey's parentage were the two mysteries everyone was invested in. I could have forgiven the overall weak story and plot holes had we gotten satisfying answers to those.

The whole movie was just a slow police chase because apparently there's a gas shortage in the galaxy now. And while it was the coolest shot of the movie... suddenly you can just kamikaze a ship into another at light speed and destroy it? Why hasn't anyone else done that before? Why didn't they just light speed a bunch of ships through the death star? Why not just have a kamikaze fleet flown by droids?

And the whole Canto Bight side story sucked and was pointless. I rate this movie a Larry David gif

[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-21 18:08:42
Link | Citer | R

My wife and I totally enjoyed it. I also agree with Afania, this trilogy is about Kylo Ren. And watching him wrestle with his dark feelings is awesome.

I disagree with a previous poster, and I think that Leia did notice that Luke was not really there. Go back and watch their expressions when they "touch."

When Luke stared down Kylo Ren & Co, I was expecting to see explosions a la the opening of Dark Empire. It didn't go that way, but I still wasn't disappointed.

I am also super impressed that, with a franchise as mature as Star Wars, I didn't know where this movie was going. And I certainly have no idea where the next movie will take us. This element of surprise is impressive.
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2017-12-21 18:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
this trilogy is about Kylo Ren. And watching him wrestle with his dark feelings is awesome.

This trilogy is ***... Adam Driver is a horrible actor. Worst Star Wars movie is TFA followed by this crapsterpiece TLJ.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-21 18:36:52
Link | Citer | R

We're going to just have to agree to disagree.
I think Adam is doing an incredibly awesome job of showing us what it is like to try to control the Dark Side.

Worst Star Wars movie is easily The Phantom Menance. It is so bad, the fan edit is better and in many suggested viewing paths, it is completely excluded. We wouldn't miss it if it never had happened.

I understand you are angry. And the internet is the perfect Petri dish to let that anger grow. Cheers!
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2017-12-21 18:39:31
Link | Citer | R

It was an underwhelming movie, honestly, and I felt like the Writer/Director(Same guy) just decided to like... spite the audience? IDK, i felt like he decided to go the opposite direction with everything because of the complaint about TFA being Episode 4 with a wamans lead. Bad humor in a lot of unnecessary places was pretty jarring too.

Pointless B plots that had 0 impact on whatever possibly could have been the "main plot". Worst part for me was the butchering of Luke as a character. Even if you like the idea of a jaded fallen Jedi, it felt poorly executed.

I'm a mild Star Wars fan at best too... never in a rush to see these movies but my brother wanted to go...

So, entertaining in a "Turn your brain off popcorn flick" kind of way for me, 2 or 3 out of 5.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-21 18:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
this trilogy is about Kylo Ren. And watching him wrestle with his dark feelings is awesome.

This trilogy is ***... Adam Driver is a horrible actor. Worst Star Wars movie is TFA followed by this crapsterpiece TLJ.

He's too much teenage angst emo, that ***is horrible for emotionally mature adults to watch. That one *** queen storm trooper was more interesting then the crybaby that is Ren.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-21 18:49:50
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't be surprised if Phasma returned. She is one tough cookie.

I'm still going to defend Adam Driver. Hayden Christensen's Anakin was booooooring. Beyond pathetic. Even Ray Park gave a better performance...
Kylo Ren is legitimately interesting.

But I don't expect to change anyone's mind. Certainly not about something like do you love/hate X movie and definitely not about Star Wars. However, unlike Phantom Menace and its ilk, this new trilogy is not universally reviled. That's a positive step. And the fact that many really liked it is very promising.
[+]
By volkom 2017-12-21 19:01:13
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2017-12-21 19:27:37
Link | Citer | R

"No one waited 30 years to see a Luke Skywalker that just gave up"

I'm agreeing with Youtube comments. What has Star Wars done.

Afania said: »

It's 2017 not 1977. That kind of simple and somewhat over the top story in the original trilogy will never work in 2017 since audiences will demand more. The series needs something new and SW8 delivers exactly that.

Finns romance was poorly written, which is the only flaw that I can think of, objectively speaking. Many other flaws haters mentioned are just personal preferences.

No offense bud but everything you're stating is personal preference too, not objective fact.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-12-21 19:34:35
Link | Citer | R

I mean, it's disappointing for all that happened in Episodes IV-VI for Luke to be a failure at what he set out to do but the successful restoration of the Jedi order has been covered in so much other Star Wars media to the point I do like the idea of Luke having flaws, just that moment of weakness setting off a huge chain of events.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-21 20:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
"No one waited 30 years to see a Luke Skywalker that just gave up"

I'm agreeing with Youtube comments. What has Star Wars done.

Afania said: »

No offense bud but everything you're stating is personal preference too, not objective fact.

Whether you like the film or not is personal preference, I don't quit agree that saying a film in 2017 shouldn't follow 1977 formula is purely based on personal preferences.

Had ep8 follow the formula of original ep5 like we think it should, how would the audience react?

Luke isn't the main character in the new trilogy anymore, the writers can't possibly make him too strong/successful in the 2nd film of the trilogy, otherwise he would just steal the spot light from the 3rd film and main casts.

He is a mentor and helped resistance escape, That's it. And its just right since he isnt the main character, nor in the last film of the trilogy.

If he has a plot that he "deserved", such as fighting the most epic battle ever and turned the tide of the battle then die an epic death in ep8, ep9 would be way less interesting since it will be impossible for the main cast to surpass that anymore, as the climax of the trilogy ended in ep8 already.

But since the real climax should happen in ep9, between main cast v.s Ren, the Lukes story has to be toned down and I personally don't see how it can be done better than this.

I'm not saying ep8 is best film in the series, nor it's my favorite(ep5 is my fav), its just that after analyzing the story structure and marketing direction it makes the most sense to write ep8 the way it is.

The biggest flaw is Finns romance sub plot, which honestly should be removed completely so the story focus on real main plot (Ren and Rey). I don't think it's a wrong move to write Luke that way.
By Jetackuu 2017-12-21 21:04:19
Link | Citer | R

It was ok, wasn't a fan of the ending, I understand it, just don't like it, nor do I have to. I will most likely still go to see the next one in the theater opening night as well.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-21 21:43:27
Link | Citer | R

TLJ was an improvement, but they still have some problems in certain areas, mostly with plotholes.

Overall I thought the acting was better in this movie, both Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver improved, I think they were a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude of what they were doing in TFA, and their second go made for a better movie, better chemistry. Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill both did excellent jobs, and Oscar Isaacs has created another great Star Wars character for us. The only person I didn't like was Boyega, because I just don't care about Finn. Nothing against his acting tho.

I was annoyed with the casino side-mission, didn't care about it at all and thought it was pretty ridiculous that these people were hitting up a casino in the middle of a battle, but somehow made it back in time. I get that they wanted to introduce a new form of rebellion and of course give us Benicio Del Toro's new Lando Calrissian, but it just bogged down the movie. And I just don't care about Finn, or his romances, his background, nothing about him. I would have been fine with him dying. Then the hyperspace jump by a cargo ship taking out a fleet with its shields up, ok, that's a plothole, that doesn't work, you just broke a few rules there.

My biggest problem with the movie was the awesome fight scene between Kylo, Rey and the Imperial Royal Guards. Yeah, it really was well done, fun to see, and totally not believable at all. Am I supposed to believe that numerous elite guards got taken out by a girl with no light saber training? Come on now. Rey is not a Jedi, she has not completed her training, she got embarrassed by Snoak but somehow is able to fight against these guards as their equal? Not buying it at all. They are really rushing her development along and its shitting on characters like Ahsoka and Ezra. I guess we are just supposed to believe a couple of lessons with Luke turned her into a full fledged Jedi Knight. Because who is going to complete her training now?

I still didn't mind the movie tho, it was better than Rogue One, and I expect nothing, no, less than nothing from the Han Solo movie. And I don't know what they are going to do about Leia in Ep 9. But I do know Kathleen Kennedy needs to go. She is doing a terrible job with this series.
By Viciouss 2017-12-21 22:22:28
Link | Citer | R

It should have been named Star Wars: They Hate That Ship!
[+]
By anik 2017-12-21 23:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Hey let's build up Snoke as this mysterious ominous Sith Lord Supreme Leader....
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12