Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 45 46 47
 Asura.Frod
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-03 13:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said:
The fundamental impasse is that current abusers of AC SMN don't want to stop abusing it, they want to keep abusing it as an easy mode win, any recommendation they make will revolve around having no effect on their JP button. In order for the game to continue being relatively healthy, SMN AC zerging needs to stop. These two positions are incompatible with each other. There is nothing that will fix the situation that won't piss off and disappoint the current batch of people abusing it.

Again for the 7th or 8th time now, i know reading comprehension is hard, but there are other mechanics as well in this game that need fixing or removing in addition to changing conduit. HP scaling is a terrible aystem that inteoduces more issues than it supposedly fixes. It needs to go.
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2017-05-03 13:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
That and aren't there blu spells that have plague effect?
Delta thrust
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-05-03 13:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
For instance, I haven't seen evidence that Omen Caturae have overpowering regain. In our first Ou last night, Ou was averaging 1-2 attack rounds between spell/TP moves during the 95-15% melee zerg (2 DRK as DDs). We pulled out at 15% to SV buff before the final zerg and he went 6 attack rounds after his last spell without using a TP move. In the same low-hp pause, our second Ou went 6 attack rounds, cast magic, and then did 2 more attack rounds before using a TP move.

So it does matter whether or not you're meleeing monsters, which means extreme subtle blow (a la MNK) might matter as well.

Just read this, you could definitely notice their lack of rediculous Regain on Kin if you use DRK's Soul Enslavement. Under 25% you could easily kill him without it doing a TP move before Soul Enslavement wears off, it just shuts him down and he only nukes during this time.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 20:33:43
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
A lot of people were claiming this and that had tons of regain too because they saw frequent tp moves

It happened in the abyssea era and original was a game mechanic only a few NM's had. SE moved forward with it and eventually every NM got it. It's incredibly easy to test, just turn the *** around and watch the NM for a minute or two, count the seconds in between TP moves. If it's a caster then it's a bit more difficult since they can't do a TP move during cast or right after even if they got TP to do so. Low level NM's you can see have a long *** time, but the high level ones don't. Then push it down under 75% again and turn around, witness it do more TP moves. Repeat for each 25% and by the time your under 25% it's going every few seconds, or immediately after cast.

I've tanked the Omen MB's before after a wipe and they most definitely have the same potent regain. Malign Invocation followed by Firaga followed by Interference all without a single person hitting it, no spells being cast on it other then flash, nothing that could possible give it that much TP, except the brew like regain it had.

Erinys definitely has massive regain at lower HP, we've ran into it before. The entire first half of the fight zero problems, about two minutes after he's under 50% *BAM* TP moves before the next SMN's timer is up. After that we add extra Mewings just to be sure. Remember mewing takes 100% of their TP, no matter if it's 500, 1200 or 2900.

Also remember monsters don't use TP at 1000, they use it at 3000 because SE is cute that way. Once they go under 25% HP that's when they use it at 1000, its standard FFXI monster behavior that even bee's outside of Bastok have. So that whole TP Move -> Spell -> TP Move, yeah it was getting 3000TP that fast and once your under 25% it's just going to do it whenever it's AI says to do it.

Again if you want to cut down the number of TP moves the best strategy is to use Addle II or Pinning to force them to stay longer in casting animation.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 20:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
For instance, I haven't seen evidence that Omen Caturae have overpowering regain. In our first Ou last night, Ou was averaging 1-2 attack rounds between spell/TP moves during the 95-15% melee zerg (2 DRK as DDs). We pulled out at 15% to SV buff before the final zerg and he went 6 attack rounds after his last spell without using a TP move. In the same low-hp pause, our second Ou went 6 attack rounds, cast magic, and then did 2 more attack rounds before using a TP move.

So it does matter whether or not you're meleeing monsters, which means extreme subtle blow (a la MNK) might matter as well.

Just read this, you could definitely notice their lack of rediculous Regain on Kin if you use DRK's Soul Enslavement. Under 25% you could easily kill him without it doing a TP move before Soul Enslavement wears off, it just shuts him down and he only nukes during this time.

Guy .. Soul Enslavement steals it's TP for every swing, assuming you have capped magic haste, LR and the rest in physical then you should be stealing his TP faster then he can gain it. The only time you gotta worry is if you WS right as he's finishing a cast and he gains enough TP before you can swing again.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 20:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
Asura.Saevel said:
The fundamental impasse is that current abusers of AC SMN don't want to stop abusing it, they want to keep abusing it as an easy mode win, any recommendation they make will revolve around having no effect on their JP button. In order for the game to continue being relatively healthy, SMN AC zerging needs to stop. These two positions are incompatible with each other. There is nothing that will fix the situation that won't piss off and disappoint the current batch of people abusing it.

Again for the 7th or 8th time now, i know reading comprehension is hard, but there are other mechanics as well in this game that need fixing or removing in addition to changing conduit. HP scaling is a terrible aystem that inteoduces more issues than it supposedly fixes. It needs to go.

Dude give it up, SE's not going to let you continue using AC SMN to easy button everything. No amount of deflecting is going to change that and your not fooling anyone.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-03 20:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Dude give it up, SE's not going to let you continue using AC SMN to easy button everything. No amount of deflecting is going to change that and your not fooling anyone.

I'm saying AC isn't the only issue. In addition to whatever they do to AC, THEY NEED TO ALSO REMOVE HP SCALING.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-05-03 20:43:09
Link | Citer | R

I've tanked the Omen MB's before after a wipe and they most definitely have the same potent regain. Malign Invocation followed by Firaga followed by Interference all without a single person hitting it, no spells being cast on it other then flash, nothing that could possible give it that much TP, except the brew like regain it had.
I've also had them use it less frequently than that WITH people hitting them. Others have also said as much. But please go on
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 20:45:38
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
I've also had them use it less frequently than that WITH people hitting them. Others have also said as much. But please go on

Your basically just bullshitting or only remembering the first 25% where regain is very little. This is something that's been in existence for years and is one of the great "*** yous" SE did to MNK and NIN. Hell we've stood back and timed that ***before, once ever 8~11 seconds depending on how long it takes them to cast that spell.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 20:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

I'm saying AC isn't the only issue. In addition to whatever they do to AC, THEY NEED TO ALSO REMOVE HP SCALING.

It's the only issue that is game breaking. HP scaling sucks but it's not responsible for SMN AC cheesing T4's in 30s. It's an entirely separate issue your trying to deflect into because it makes you feel better about yourself.

It's perfectly fine to abuse a game mechanic, just don't get upset when the nerf comes.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-03 20:47:54
Link | Citer | R

Your basically just bullshitting
Here you might need this 70% of the time you post

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 20:52:15
Link | Citer | R

And problem solved.
Personal attacks only go so far.

Hell our last OU was solid proof. Between 14 and 24% I pull back for full rebuffs and during that time absolutely nothing is happening to OU and he's still cycling TP Move -> Spell -> TP Move just as fast as when I'm hitting him.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-03 21:23:32
Link | Citer | R

18 pages later:
SUMMONER BUTTON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-05-03 22:20:28
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Occult_Acumen
I haven't tested on Ou but I know that Vir'ava, Yakshi, Kin, Gin, Tumult Curator, the Ambuscade Frog and many other NMs have this trait instead of a high regain. It's very noticeable (and annoying) when using a Mewing strat but it can be countered with Silence or Stoneskin + DT/resist gear since the spells must deal at least 1 damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-05-03 22:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Occult_Acumen
I haven't tested on Ou but I know that Vir'ava, Yakshi, Kin, Gin, Tumult Curator, the Ambuscade Frog and many other NMs have this trait instead of a high regain. It's very noticeable (and annoying) when using a Mewing strat but it can be countered with Silence or Stoneskin + DT/resist gear since the spells must deal at least 1 damage.

Absorbing also nulls it, at least for players. It's super unfortunate when you're prepping a fight with Impact and you get nothing back because you forgot it was gonna absorb it lol.

Edit: It's also possible some of these mobs have rediculous Store TP in combination since that stat also boosts TP return on Occult Acumen.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-05-03 22:41:18
Link | Citer | R

My experience leads me to think that usually it's mob ai that changes with HP, not regain. Mobs will always WS when they accumulate 1000 TP if their hp is below 25%. This isn't otherwise true and there seems to be some other ai change at 50% as well. You can test this using Utsusemi. Some mobs can be held forever and they won't WS if you don't give them TP. Either way Subtle Blow is a very nice stat on most mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 22:42:41
Link | Citer | R

How the *** dies OA give massive from gravity, addle, paralyga or silencga. Not to mention that silenceing them just makes them use TP moves more often. Yeah unicorn farts and fairy dust.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-03 22:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
My experience leads me to think that usually it's mob ai that changes with HP, not regain. Mobs will always WS when they accumulate 1000 TP if their hp is below 25%. This isn't otherwise true and there seems to be some other ai change at 50% as well. You can test this using Utsusemi. Some mobs can be held forever and they won't WS if you don't give them TP. Either way Subtle Blow is a very nice stat on most mobs.
Mob TP usage is more complicated than that, even at under 25%. For example, if you stun a mob TP move when it's under 25%, it stays at >1000 TP, but does not immediately attempt to use another move when stun wears off, and waits several seconds at minimum before attempting another one. In addition, for mobs that lack regain, the amount of TP they gain is often not consistently proportional with the speed at which they WS, even when under 25%.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-05-03 23:10:56
Link | Citer | R

How the *** dies OA give massive from gravity, addle, paralyga or silencga. Not to mention that silenceing them just makes them use TP moves more often. Yeah unicorn farts and fairy dust.

Wow
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-04 17:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Just checked Kin cause the opportunity arose. Was in the off party semi-leeching cards on DRK with a GEO Mule and another person on PLD.
At once point in time target got the main tank and Kin obliterated the BLU so our off party leech PLD took over "holding it" while we waited on the terror timer to wear off. I was on the GEO main healing the PLD and yet, TP move -> Spell -> TP Move -> Spell, even if you Shield Bash / Weapon Bash the spell it still does a TP move immediately after.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-05-04 18:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Caturaes are immune to Stun and will get a lot of TP with Impact etc, you could just admit you hadn't thought about Occult Acumen trait for monsters until now but whatever : Caturae bosses don't spam TP moves when being held (even under 25%) because like many others NMs they don't have a crazy high regain, they are not WoC or Vinipata. This is a fact most people seems to agree with, except you.
Concerning Kin, we almost always choose to kill it with Volt Strike / Mewing Lullaby and nothing else <50%, the only moves Kin is able to use are Target and Eleventh Dimension.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-05-04 18:55:23
Link | Citer | R

They also get TP when they strike you, so holding it with a PLD isn't even a good test to begin with.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-04 19:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Remembered having to hold Kyou recently after meteor one shotted my RNG(awkward jobs due to card needs). Pulled up the log:

Or to highlight..
Code
[19:45:07.384] Kyou readies Malign Invocation.
[19:45:33.119] Kyou readies Stygian Cyclone.
[19:47:19.376] Kyou readies Stygian Sphere.

This was below 25%, as only one more bravado occured after that. Pretty obvious there's minimal if any regain. Went almost 2 minutes between TP when I was keeping up cureskin.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-04 19:40:30
Link | Citer | R

When you have 3,000 shitposts and counting on a forum like this; you don't admit to or acknowledge your own ignorance.
You're dealing with a creature that absolutely loves the smell of its own farts.

If you wanna test TP/OA/Rogaine on something, stack DTQ/A on thf/nin with a k.club and as little SB as possible.
You'll have answers in less than eighteen pages and you won't even need to post the same thing fifteen times a day.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-05-04 19:43:13
Link | Citer | R

Wow can't believe this is still going on lol. At least I assume it is since I can't see the mental breakdown side of it just the responses
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-04 19:48:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
When you have 3,000 shitposts and counting on a forum like this; you don't admit to or acknowledge your own ignorance.
You're dealing with a creature that absolutely loves the smell of its own farts.

If you wanna test TP/OA/Rogaine on something, stack DTQ/A on thf/nin with a k.club and as little SB as possible.
You'll have answers in less than eighteen pages and you won't even need to post the same thing fifteen times a day.
It doesn't take a genius to pull up your equip history and see that every single piece of SMN gear was acquired between the end of february and the middle of march. I get it, you hopped on the bandwagon and it was good. Unfortunately, it's coming to an end and no amount of personal insults, whining, flawed logic, or rants on this forum will stop it. It's in SE's hands now.

Now why don't you pack up your ***attitude and roll on home, even the people who are against nerf don't care what you have to say.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-05-04 20:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »

It doesn't take a genius to pull up your equip history and see that every single piece of SMN gear was acquired between the end of february and the middle of march. I get it, you hopped on the bandwagon and it was good. Unfortunately, it's coming to an end and no amount of personal insults, whining, flawed logic, or rants on this forum will stop it. It's in SE's hands now.

Now why don't you pack up your ***attitude and roll on home, even the people who are against nerf don't care what you have to say.
Holy ***, even I felt this one.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-05-04 21:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Sandraa said: »
For the health of your main game if a exploit is discovered is necessary a fix.

In my opinion

Melee-Zergs should remain at ILV135 content as max, zergs take a ***-ton of gear, Skills and devotion but killing the TOP-BOSSES in less than 60 seconds is not "FUN".

The only way of beat content ILV150 + should be with Rangers, Mages and pet jobs but..... taking 15 or 20 mins of a intense fight, dealing with adds, game mechs, phases changes.

People are pissed with this SMN exploit because: In a Mele-Zerg at least you need 2 billions gil sets, you need expose yourself, you need parse HIGH and you have massive competition for the DD-SLOTs in your ally.

1.-SMN do you have competition in the PARSE or DD SLOTS?
2.-SMN do you put yourself in RISK dealing high amount of damage?
3.-SMN your set is worth of 2 billions and you need play best slot item between 4 ultimate weapons?

Is total acceptable have your Mele-Job for Zergs and Burns under ILV135 and your ILV150 job SMN, BLM, RNG etc.

The rules of ANY-GAME is puting yourself in a minor disavantaje to have a rewarding feeling after of win. Break this rule and the game will stop of being fun.

This post makes no sense.

1 > No the only competition on a zerg situation for a smn is another smn, if we put AC zergs on the side, any DD can outdo a smn.

2 > A smart smn shouldnt be in death range ever but same happens with ranged jobs and i dont see anyone complaining.

3 > Lets take WAR for example, full argosi +1 costs 300m right now @ ragnarok prices (which are basically the same across servers), say 200m for a tp set btw purchases and reisen augments and a 119-3 ragnarok which is 180m, the rest is EX gear which ends in about 700m total and not 2 billion gil, a smn would be close to that number so to answer your question no, smn doesnt need it or any job for that matter.

Aeonics been around for a long time now, i dont understand the reason for anyone to be mad because there's more than 1 or 2 strats for it but well w/e.

Please 10th come fast so this witch hunt can end and smns stop doing 2M dmg during conduit : D
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-04 22:07:49
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't take a genius to pull up your equip history and see that every single piece of SMN gear was acquired between the end of february and the middle of march. I get it, you hopped on the bandwagon and it was good.

Goddamn dude, we almost went a whole page and a half without a single person even bringing up summoners. lol
Since you're so invested in my history, maybe you'd care to explain the ten year gap between a 75 RNG and a dozen 99s to all these wonderful people too.

You're absolutely right. I started riding the ***out of that SMN A/C wagon a year before anyone even saw RT4s or thought about A/C burning them.
Damn, and all this time I thought I was riding the OP dragoon bandwagon. Guess you know more about me than I do!
Holy ***, watch out! I just leveled WHM the other day. HEALWAGON HERE I COME!

Unfortunately, it's coming to an end...

YouTube Video Placeholder

Siren.Sandraa said: »
For the health of your main game, if an exploit is discovered, it is necessary to fix.

Since we're back to talking about game breaking exploits, I must've missed the twenty pages of RT4 discussion about people breaking the game with gear swap luas.

NO, THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH A THIRD PARTY SCRIPT THAT AUTOMATES GEAR SWAPPING IN A WAY THAT'S PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE THROUGH IN-GAME MACRO CODING. IT'S NOT AN EXPLOIT IF EVERYONE'S DOING IT!

You kids are funny.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 45 46 47