Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 45 46 47
 Asura.Syto
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-04-25 20:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Looks like the bomb has been delivered...
NA/English FFXI QQForums in rage mode over SMN..

lol...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52395-Nerf-SMN?highlight=

/startULTIMATEQQ

Lets take away all the Aeonics obtained with Astral Conduit to teach them a lesson guys!! - Khiril (Asura) /endUTLIMATEQQ

lmao
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-25 20:18:12
Link | Citer | R

lol some 1 mad?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-04-25 20:21:30
Link | Citer | R

The hate on that OF post is quite strong lol
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-25 20:28:15
Link | Citer | R

What I do not get is: Why would anyone dislike the success of others so much that they want a recall of the success by removing the Aeonics they made with this strategy? It is not a hax, it is a gimmick which may or may not be nerf this next update. It could be any number of other things as well. May as well get mad for those who farm emp and relic and mythic all day long and get all the points on AH page that way. Why not get mad at everyone who does CoP and all other quest/missions to get their toons better? It is simple jealousy lol

Working as Intended
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-04-25 20:28:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
lol some 1 mad?

There is ALWAYS someone mad on the

"Days of our Official FFXI Forums"

[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-25 20:39:09
Link | Citer | R

sad part is, If I said the same thing those who know me would be aware of the troll.... oh well While they are at it, Nerf Pup (auto is best tank in game hands down) Nerf Bst jug pets (Charm all the things) Nerf Whm (cure too strong) Nerf Drk (Its a dark and well fuk dark!!) Nerf Sam ( Make blu great again) Nerf pld ( Face it run is better) Nerf Drg (I like the job but the pet has to go!) Nerf Dnc ( No job should ever let a Galka Dance!!)

:-P
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-25 20:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Prevent MP recovery or better yet have the NM build resistance if multiple consecutive BP's are done in a very short period of time but have that resistance go down quickly like how the resist wall works on BLM. Would keep SMN powerful but nerf the mega zerg they do.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-25 21:14:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Prevent MP recovery or better yet have the NM build resistance if multiple consecutive BP's are done in a very short period of time but have that resistance go down quickly like how the resist wall works on BLM. Would keep SMN powerful but nerf the mega zerg they do.

Another is recast timers for calling avatars out. Can also give a Main stat per avatar BPR, would mean dex/str etc over BPD. Sucks I like smn always have but do not play it. I see nothing wrong with ppl AC AF burning down an NM to get gear. What I do have issue with is the needlepoint you need in gear to get to that tier of smn. since 99999 is cap damage would be nice to see lower geard smn with the right combination of JP and gear alternatives being able to do 30~50k on highest tier content. I love the melee strats out there and Did enjoy the idea that rdm and bard are viable more now than they have been in a long time. Geo is geo should have left it alone but glad they did a bit of a change up also.
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-04-25 21:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Another is recast timers for calling avatars out. Can also give a Main stat per avatar BPR, would mean dex/str etc over BPD. Sucks I like smn always have but do not play it. I see nothing wrong with ppl AC AF burning down an NM to get gear. What I do have issue with is the needlepoint you need in gear to get to that tier of smn. since 99999 is cap damage would be nice to see lower geard smn with the right combination of JP and gear alternatives being able to do 30~50k on highest tier content. I love the melee strats out there and Did enjoy the idea that rdm and bard are viable more now than they have been in a long time. Geo is geo should have left it alone but glad they did a bit of a change up also.

I think people underestimate a non mythic SMN, and overestimate the value of the mythic a bit. It's probably just because you don't see too many tweeners (not mythic HQ abj, but not gimped). The Oboro JSE SMN Weapon is really good. My 1600 JP appropriately but not godly geared SMN was dropping 25-40k's on WoC. My non SP BPs in Omen are solid as well.

I don't mind an Astal Conduit nerf - it's pretty much a cheese strat atm. I just hope it's an Astral Conduit nerf, and not a nerf to anything else SMN related.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-04-25 22:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Just wait, if they do this, they'll just start nerfing all 1hrs, one complaint at a time.

OMG MS RESO SPAM IS TOO GOOD!
OMG NITRO SV SONGS ARE TOO POWERFUL
OMG HUNDRED FISTS IS .... nvm, carry on.
Ok, so maybe not allllll 1hrs
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-25 22:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sidra said: »

I think people underestimate a non mythic SMN, and overestimate the value of the mythic a bit. It's probably just because you don't see too many tweeners (not mythic HQ abj, but not gimped). The Oboro JSE SMN Weapon is really good. My 1600 JP appropriately but not godly geared SMN was dropping 25-40k's on WoC. My non SP BPs in Omen are solid as well.

I don't mind an Astal Conduit nerf - it's pretty much a cheese strat atm. I just hope it's an Astral Conduit nerf, and not a nerf to anything else SMN related.
How do you stack up to someone who is better geard than you on T4 and not WoC/Kirin or what ever lvl 135~140 content you do?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-04-25 23:02:18
Link | Citer | R

They nerf one thing, people will then complain on something else and then that gets nerfed and it just repeats that dumb cycle.

hate to remember that nerf BS to Embrava/Perfect Defense
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-25 23:21:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
They nerf one thing, people will then complain on something else and then that gets nerfed and it just repeats that dumb cycle.

hate to remember that nerf BS to Embrava/Perfect Defense

Welcome to MMO's.
[+]
 Odin.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-04-26 00:22:10
Link | Citer | R

We as players will gravitate towards the strongest/easiest strategies. It's a never ending cycle, and to not understand or accept how it isn't healthy for the game is ignorant.

I wish SE were more prudent when it came to testing/balancing, but this what we get in a 15year old game run by a skeleton crew at best.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-26 05:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Chriscoffey said: »
They evidently don't realize how broken idris frailty and malaise(under bolster) are also or it would have been nerfed a long time ago. It's on the same level as this smn AC nerf you nerf bat people want. It really doesn't matter now because why make it that much harder for the others trying to get wins because most everyone has their aeonics by now that want the few they wanted. It's just hypocrisy to call out the jobs you deem unfit to be broken while others are "fine" to your opinionated view.

Barring SMN, people are killing t4's in under 90s because of frailty/malaise?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-26 05:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Greater requirements on support jobs to counteract the increased magic evasion changes party size/balance. This by itself effectively increases the target's HP (both effectively and numerically relatively) and lengthens the fight - which is a significant issue in a couple of instances.
I dunno, I said it's viable, not that it's exactely as effective as before.
I think I clearly stated it requires a bit more effort, but it's totally viable.
We're actually having more issues with DD burns, but that's probably because of our members, our jobs distribution and most of all the fact we're not used to these melee strats whereas we've been doing mageburn for almost 2 years.

It's just that things that before were optional (RDM) or didn't make any difference at all (threnody) now are kinda required.
Before we could kill some mobs with a single GEO with more effort, now we kinda need 2.
But for us that's it. There clearly is a difference and I agree it's a noticeable one, but some people exagerate as usual and make it look like it's completely unviable.

When we try to go Melee it's usually because we're *** bored about Magicburn and wanna try something else, more than "omg we need melee we can't do this with mages!1!one!"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-26 06:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
They evidently don't realize how broken idris frailty and malaise(under bolster) are also or it would have been nerfed a long time ago. It's on the same level as this smn AC nerf you nerf bat people want. It really doesn't matter now because why make it that much harder for the others trying to get wins because most everyone has their aeonics by now that want the few they wanted. It's just hypocrisy to call out the jobs you deem unfit to be broken while others are "fine" to your opinionated view.

One specific example doesn't define another. The amount of reduction under bolster that geo gives is far beyond anything this game has given in the past on any other previous buff job. The values being so low that it boost any job by such an epic proportion of damage that to deny that amount of boost is to just deny the same thing smn is doing now with their AC ability. I never said that Smn AC isn't broken but idris bolster is as well and has been but nobody jumped so much on that bandwagon because they wanted their wins.

You literally just claimed that GEO is as broken as SMN. Yet using non-SMN strats, only what, Zerde? is generally killed in 90s or so?

They're obviously not on the same level of broken, at all.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-26 06:14:37
Link | Citer | R

One specific example doesn't define another. The amount of reduction under bolster that geo gives is far beyond anything this game has given in the past on any other previous buff job. The values being so low that it boost any job by such an epic proportion of damage that to deny that amount of boost is to just deny the same thing smn is doing now with their AC ability. I never said that Smn AC isn't broken but idris bolster is as well and has been but nobody jumped so much on that bandwagon because they wanted their wins.

You literally just claimed that GEO is as broken as SMN. Yet using non-SMN strats, only what, Zerde? is generally killed in 90s or so?

They're obviously not on the same level of broken, at all.
The example in question was that you guys claim one is is OK to be nerfed and not the other. I didn't mean for the geo idris to be in the same 90 second win category just their amount of overall game battle dynamic is the same in being too OP. The fact you used a 90 second interval for smn to be the same as what idris bolster brings to the table is not taking into account what it does. I am just curious in your mind what about 1 defense on a mob under bolster idris/dia 3 isn't broken? I would love an explanation of how that relates to any other previous job that buffed.

The whole reason SMN is OP is because it can completely ezmode and kill the hardest monsters in the entire game light years faster than anything else. Monsters that even with bolstered Idris GEO frailty/malaise do not die in under 90s utilizing any other strategy. To try to claim somehow GEO is the broken one when SMN is doing things that 15 other jobs cannot do with the exact same buffs is absurd.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-26 07:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Many people here explained the difference to you several times over. If you're too dense to read an actual sentence, then it's your own damn fault
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-04-26 07:19:54
Link | Citer | R

So the problem is one job's SP can kill things in 90s and other jobs' SPs take 6-10min?

So, the clear fix is to play this up like the ZNM Hydra, wall everything at 1 HP for 10min, then no matter which SP/strat/anything you use, nothing will die so fast that anyone feels bad.

All SPs are meant to compress some amount of power in a short window of time. Whether that power is enmity (Invincible), curing (Benediction), damage (Mighty Strikes), dumb (Mijin) or so good it is necessary for everything (Bolster) that is their whole point.
But they are not all equal, because the capabilities of the jobs outside of their SPs are not equal.

SMN has had to contend with timers on their stuff, which has been a complaint of players using the job foooooorrrreeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrr. In typical fashion, SE, instead of reducing the timers so SMNs could SP as frequently as melees WS, which would have been a less controversial fix, they boosted the DMG. This left SMNs still unable to XP chain on their own as quickly as non-pet jobs, dealing far more DMG than is necessary three times per minute...
Then SE added abilities to cut out the timers completely.

It is incredible to believe that this was unintended. Because the result is so obvious. But this is SE...

If they adjust it, and I rather they don't because their adjustments are always from a wrong direction, I whatever they do still allows SMNs to DD. Because their buffs aren't unique/necessary enough to make them a go-to as a backline...
And they shouldn't be a backline. They are able to call gods for pity's sake. In lore, one SMN alone was able to turn the tide of an impossible war! Maybe, after the SPs are used up, the SMN should just drop dead. Like, the SP adds a doom status. I don't know if they would be a real solution to any concerns, but it would be interesting from a lore perspective.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Horu
Serveur: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-04-26 07:32:26
Link | Citer | R

I was under the impression all 1hr abilitys were suppose to double or even triple the job's purpose value, WAR's being adding a 1 to ftp thru crits, monk with their hundred fists, theifs with their perfect dodge, or pup's overdrive.

not all job abilitys are ment to be OP with the thief example (With the exception of never getting physically hit [but who ever does that nowadays as a pimped resort]) or ninja with its 1 off self destruct

even jobs like bard become OP (when dealing with melee buffing and certian other things)
when soulvoice gets activated add 100% to the majority of songs, throw in calrion call for a extra song (Also affected by soul voice), daurdabla extra 2 songs (Also affected by soulvoice),
Wait, theres more, throw in a marcato ability too on your first song Gjallarhorn or Marsyas, and you have another 50% added to the next song!!!! amazing!!! (Whats that? you got your songs to 17minutes? thats 17minutes worth of 150% 100% boost along with 4 other songs with 100% boost (with probably 14-16min duration depending on your gear)and Honer march in the middle somewhere that boosts 5 buffs at once (Albeit any melee will only use 2-3 of those specific buffs depending on the job)

My point being, GEO is one of the few jobs that affect magic head on, to complain that its OP is a weak argument, it only affects 2 buffs with idris and a 3rd buff is unaffected by idris meaning its at the absolutly base stats (Which is really not much at all since its duration is so limited). since majority of fights in escha or reisei are 30min max, you don't have time to waste with constant deaths or stratergys that take 1hr to get done.

If you need to use a melee style, use geo,COR,brd,DD with geo affecting the mob more and brd affecting the party more and cor working all the finer details.

If you need to do distance style, use smn,geo,cor,bst,pup, etc etc etc,

Magic style geo,cor,smn,MB job etc etc etc.

My point being is when your doing a 30minute max fight, you don't have time to waste fumbling with deaths, get the job done fast, get it done right or the fight is a loss completely from the start due to the time limit (Anyone pandemonium warden when it was first released or absolute virtue for that matter?), GEO and SMN aren't the only pimped jobs with their 1hrs activated, problem is people don't give a crap and the ones that complain are the ones not getting invite to the groups or linkshells.

I love geo, i love smn, and brd and pup, and the GS wielders and the 2 swing the triple attack dual wielders, etc etc etc,.

If your jobs not getting invited, then its not suited to join,level the job needed. its called endgame for a reason. don't send a ninja to tank a mob that constantly wipes shadows every swing and don't send a eminent wielding nut in against a level 150 mob. simple fact
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-26 07:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Like, the SP adds a doom status. I don't know if they would be a real solution to any concerns, but it would be interesting from a lore perspective.
Well, you're dead.

Good news though! You killed the boss already!
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-26 07:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
marcato ability

BRD 101 - Does NOT stack with Soulvoice
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-04-26 07:44:51
Link | Citer | R

It would be a buff actualy.

Might aswell teleport the smn to abyssea-atlepa hp6 after SP.
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-04-26 07:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Well, to be fair, all things considered, it's not like a damage penalty during AC (as long as it's reasonable) would prevent smns to DD in a non-smnburn setting. Even if it's a severe one, like a -20%, i could see how a group could still benefit from a well timed AC bp spam. Good SMNs will keep playing their job and pushing it to the limits, regardless.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 45 46 47