~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 137 138 139
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 15:08:42
Link | Citer | R

What's a good starting set for a person who has never tanked in his life before, but is smart enough to get that damn Aegis sooner than later?

>.>
By Blazed1979 2016-12-16 15:53:41
Link | Citer | R

what content do you have access to?
There are so many ways and routes to build all the PLD needed sets.
(Fast Cast/recast/enmity/dt/hybrid/dd/ws/cure potency)
And it can be fairly cheap and easy.
Just don't expect to be tanking as well as an myth RUN with basic gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-16 17:19:49
Link | Citer | R

You can get a fair bit of very solid pld pieces from Sinister Reign.

You'll also need an ochain asap, you don't need to do the HMP step though, just plates/souls/horns. Easy. During abyssea campaign it took me like 6 days to farm up with a counter camper running around.

You will also want to sit and work on getting your d ring asap, and twilight torque if you don't have it yet. You can upgrade to the 6% neck later.

Your first goal should effectively be getting a 50% PDT/26% MDT set, which caps you out with Shell V. You will need to make sure you stack the hell out of acc everywhere you can.

After that I'd prioritize an emnity build and aeolian edge build.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-16 17:45:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What's a good starting set for a person who has never tanked in his life before, but is smart enough to get that damn Aegis sooner than later?

>.>

Brilliance / Nixxer
Priwen
Staunch Tathlum / +1
Souveran schaller / +1
Diemer Gorget / Loricate Torque / +1
Odnowa Earring / +1
Thureous Earring
Souveran cuirass / +1
Souveran handschuhs / +1
Defending Ring / Gelatinous Ring / +1
Fortified Ring / Portus Annulet
Rudianos's Mantle
Creed Baudrier
Souveran Diechlings / +1
Souveran Schuhs / +1 / Diamantaire sollerets

Aegis is good to have. Priwen might be enough for now though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 19:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
I have access to pretty much everything.

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said: »
You'll also need an ochain asap, you don't need to do the HMP step though, just plates/souls/horns. Easy. During abyssea campaign it took me like 6 days to farm up with a counter camper running around.
Figured it wouldn't take too long. I already have RoV done, so I can get lights for souls easy.

You will also want to sit and work on getting your d ring asap, and twilight torque if you don't have it yet. You can upgrade to the 6% neck later.
Have both already. Also have homeric gorget from gobby chest cause I'm awesome like that >.>

Your first goal should effectively be getting a 50% PDT/26% MDT set, which caps you out with Shell V. You will need to make sure you stack the hell out of acc everywhere you can.
Yeah, kindof figured that.

I have a blurred sword +1 from my BLU, but that's pretty much it. Edit: just remembered, I can't equip it >.>

Got to build from scratch, but then again, I just got my PLD unlocked yesterday >.>
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-17 16:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
I have access to pretty much everything.

Figured it wouldn't take too long. I already have RoV done, so I can get lights for souls easy.

Have both already. Also have homeric gorget from gobby chest cause I'm awesome like that >.>

Yeah, kindof figured that.

I have a blurred sword +1 from my BLU, but that's pretty much it. Edit: just remembered, I can't equip it >.>

Got to build from scratch, but then again, I just got my PLD unlocked yesterday >.>

Don't do Ochain it's pretty useless

Try to get cheap KB pop, do twiligt torque and try to get few Souveran part can be enouth for most of content
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-12-17 18:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Ochain is completly useful esp when doing CP pts or anything that doesn't do a lot of Magic dmg.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-17 19:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Damage taken-% can be capped without Ochain. Priwen or Svalinn augmented can block just as well / nearly as well. Just have Phalanx and Reprisal / Palisade up. Skjalf tried out Svalinn with these conditions and certain augments and took no damage from Apex mobs for their durations.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-21 01:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Ochain is completly useful esp when doing CP pts or anything that doesn't do a lot of Magic dmg.
Useful for CP party (20 hours max without XP+ campaing)

so don't wast u'r time with ochain, like said skjal before, Priwen it's an better and faster option.

BTW do Aegis!

Happy xmas !
By tyalangan 2016-12-22 14:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Just got my 2nd Character to 99 PLD and have only upgraded to Priwen. My question is:

What would my gear need to look like to surpass August when soloing RuAun/Reisen T1s? I have Souveran legs, feet, dring and that's about it. Haven't done any AF/Relic/Empy at all (not even AF1, yet). Using Fettering Blade and Flamma+1 in other slots. Can I replace August right away our should I stick with Trusts (August,ArkEV,Amchuchu) until I get better gear?

Thanks!
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-12-22 15:12:43
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Just got my 2nd Character to 99 PLD and have only upgraded to Priwen. My question is:

What would my gear need to look like to surpass August when soloing RuAun/Reisen T1s? I have Souveran legs, feet, dring and that's about it. Haven't done any AF/Relic/Empy at all (not even AF1, yet). Using Fettering Blade and Flamma+1 in other slots. Can I replace August right away our should I stick with Trusts (August,ArkEV,Amchuchu) until I get better gear?

Thanks!

Main problem with most Escha/Reisen mobs starting with T1s is that they use high-tier magic and magic-based moves, often buffed (like Vampyr in sky or Belphagor in Reisen) so not having an aegis really hurts. Regardless, for tanking only set, you should should aim at the following to be competitive, listed in order of priority:
  • Cap PDT/MDT: 50% is the cap for both without burt/aegis. Getting to cap is pretty easy considering you get 15-17 from rings only, 5-6 from twilight/loricate neck, 9/10 from bodies like af1-2 reforged and souveran set items

• Shield block rate: I'm not a big fan of priwen myself as you need reprisal up get to ochain block rate but I understand it's much faster to get and capping reprisal recast is not hard with buffs. Still, try to get as much shield skill/block rate as possible with items such as souvean hands (you already have), ambuscade mantle and reisenjima bugard earring(really easy nm if you have a mage friend)

• HP:there isn't a thing such as too much HP so if you already cap PDT/MDT, try to get some extra hp in other slots and make sure that you don't drop too much when casting spells (my original flash FC set would make me drop like 4-500HP for very minimal benefit)

You will of course also need a good enmity set for voke/flash, FC for reprisal and cures to maximize mp efficiency but for the moment a standard tanking one will be your best friend.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-22 15:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
tyalangan said: »

Thanks!

Main problem with most Escha/Reisen mobs starting with T1s is that they use high-tier magic and magic-based moves, often buffed (like Vampyr in sky or Belphagor in Reisen) so not having an aegis really hurts. Regardless, for tanking only set, you should should aim at the following to be competitive, listed in order of priority:
  • Cap PDT/MDT: 50% is the cap for both without burt/aegis. Getting to cap is pretty easy considering you get 15-17 from rings only, 5-6 from twilight/loricate neck, 9/10 from bodies like af1-2 reforged and souveran set items

• Shield block rate: I'm not a big fan of priwen myself as you need reprisal up get to ochain block rate but I understand it's much faster to get and capping reprisal recast is not hard with buffs. Still, try to get as much shield skill/block rate as possible with items such as souvean hands (you already have), ambuscade mantle and reisenjima bugard earring(really easy nm if you have a mage friend)

• HP:there isn't a thing such as too much HP so if you already cap PDT/MDT, try to get some extra hp in other slots and make sure that you don't drop too much when casting spells (my original flash FC set would make me drop like 4-500HP for very minimal benefit)

You will of course also need a good enmity set for voke/flash, FC for reprisal and cures to maximize mp efficiency but for the moment a standard tanking one will be your best friend.
+1 good advice
I personnaly recommand you to do Aegis, nowday that's fast to do and very helpfull.
(i tank 99% of time with Aegis)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-23 06:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
Well, that's nice to know.

/levels THF for dynamis farming.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-12-23 07:33:44
Link | Citer | R

+1 good advice
I personnaly recommand you to do Aegis, nowday that's fast to do and very helpfull.

^

There are certain things you shouldn't tank without Ochain/Priwen but there are many things that you cannot tank without Aegis.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2016-12-23 08:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Aegis trumps all, but don't believe the haters. Ochain is still very, very good for a lot of things.

It isn't that hard to make, especially with the VNM changes, and if you're going to play PLD seriously enough to build an Aegis, you will want it eventually.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-23 08:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Aegis trumps all, but don't believe the haters. Ochain is still very, very good for a lot of things.

It isn't that hard to make, especially with the VNM changes, and if you're going to play PLD seriously enough to build an Aegis, you will want it eventually.
Yeah, I was planning on doing both anyway.

And now, since I got Einjerhar and Nyzul done, and still working on my Assaults, I changed my first mythic on this character from the banana sword to Burtang, cause, well....

I figure I would be a better tank than DD anyway >.>
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-23 09:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Both shields only take about a week of effort to make each.

Make Ochain for sure the next time an abyssea campaign happens, use priwen til then, but make Aegis asap.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-12-26 00:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Why bother waiting for campaign?

Just farm souls in between Azdaja KI NM (bugard) pops and farm up the plates after. I almost never used my Ochain, so I wouldn't feel pressed to hurry one to completion.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-26 01:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait for Dark Matter campaign to put Chance of Successful Block+ on helm ^^
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-26 03:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Someone can put an picture of valorous armor with +6 phalanx augment ?
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-12-26 18:53:45
Link | Citer | R

what ambuscade capes for paladin? and which two are best to get first?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-27 04:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Evildemon said: »

FC <3
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10',}},

Enmity+ VIt+
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','Enmity+10',}},

Dot
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10',}},

WS (CDC)
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-12-27 10:12:10
Link | Citer | R

Why would you use WS DMG+ on a CDC cape? Crit+ is vastly superior for CDC.

Also, while STP+ is great for AM3 up Burtgang TP, AM3 down or any other sword in the game is going to use DA+.

I don't think I'd bother with a VIT+ cape unless I had literally nothing else left to make.

I'd say get the fast cast cape first. Then it's up to if you want DD stats or enmity+.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-12-27 14:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Why would you use WS DMG+ on a CDC cape? Crit+ is vastly superior for CDC.

Also, while STP+ is great for AM3 up Burtgang TP, AM3 down or any other sword in the game is going to use DA+.

I don't think I'd bother with a VIT+ cape unless I had literally nothing else left to make.

I'd say get the fast cast cape first. Then it's up to if you want DD stats or enmity+.

is it worth just putting FC10 on not using anything else since the enmity cape for midcast is obviously going to be used in that swap as well. And what's the best set-up for the enmity cape? I was thinking hp +80, macc 20 and enmity 10. thoughts?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-12-27 15:58:33
Link | Citer | R

On the Fast Cast cape, you'll at least want HP+ on it as well. With the high HP values PLD idle gear has these days, losing current HP due to precast swaps is a major issue. Additional HP on FC gear helps mitigate that issue. But you can always add the HP+ later.

I'm really not sure what the heck PLD would be using magic acc for. Trying to stick flash harder?

I'd put Meva on it, and it can double as a tanking piece for when PDT is capped via other slots.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-27 16:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Someone can put an picture of valorous armor with +6 phalanx augment ?
By Boshi 2016-12-27 17:15:41
Link | Citer | R

He was just lying about his augs and got caught telling a tall tale.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-28 03:13:01
Link | Citer | R

ok, thx ;) so i continue to prie for phalanx +5 on my legs on next DM campaign :)
 Bahamut.Guapa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: mrlooolz
By Bahamut.Guapa 2016-12-28 10:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys my friend returned to the game and he was always a pld. I am helping him set up the lua and we are working on the PLD.lua on the first page. it keeps trying to include the buffwatcher list but we are unsure where to get the mote files from?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-12-29 07:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Guapa said: »
Hey guys my friend returned to the game and he was always a pld. I am helping him set up the lua and we are working on the PLD.lua on the first page. it keeps trying to include the buffwatcher list but we are unsure where to get the mote files from?
Isn't mote file.
Buffwatcher is from one of my old LS member.
Buffwatcher work like a charm for BLM and GEO (i use everyday)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wWDXaAMBr8

but never worked as PLD...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myXT0_pEYuU

files here:
https://mega.nz/#!e9hDiBBb!B0TqPaAsFpSyqS5CAZbfmOcUNcisZdaUmdRrPEkbw4g

i didn't share the file because this part still not work ><
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 137 138 139