Link | Citer | R

i should transfer to asura. seems like a fun server

[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-02-02 21:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Idk how someone can ws twice on erinys with no temps or rolls or bubbles and still break 30k, something looks fishy on your statements and pics but yea, plz its easy to record a video doing these feats, plz im curious to see what a rdm can do.

P.s.: to the person that replied esrlier about the video i posted, yea the rdm did 12% but its the only thing he did thus taking a valuable slot to do little as saevel said.

P.S.2.: not taking any side here, i just wanna see real proof and not cropped pics that dont show buffs or dps in parses.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-02 21:37:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thorva said: »
That means no warcry, no rolls, no bubbles, no songs, no temps, and still 30k. And I am betting your 51k comes from /thf and running mighty strikes.

This is all the need to know the fail that was that post...
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-02 21:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Idk how someone can ws twice on erinys with no temps or rolls or bubbles and still break 30k, something looks fishy on your statements and pics but yea, plz its easy to record a video doing these feats, plz im curious to see what a rdm can do.

P.s.: to the person that replied esrlier about the video i posted, yea the rdm did 12% but its the only thing he did thus taking a valuable slot to do little as saevel said.

P.S.2.: not taking any side here, i just wanna see real proof and not cropped pics that dont show buffs or dps in parses.

By no temps I mean the bravers, fighters, whatever they are. The only reason there are only 2 weapons skills is from the tp wings only. Was enough tp for 2 ws.

Asura.Saevel said: »
That means no warcry, no rolls, no bubbles, no songs, no temps, and still 30k. And I am betting your 51k comes from /thf and running mighty strikes.

This is all the need to know the fail that was that post...
lol ok I have seen you use MS on just about anything you fight, including Vol2 ambu.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-02 21:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Get a room.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-02 21:52:53
Link | Citer | R

It's temps if there is no COR in the party. I use a sword that gives me 30TP/tick regen along with fencer, so actually don't need COR rolls to reach 2.5~3K effective TP every 60s.

On Erinys you always go /THF because it's evasion is so high that your going to whiff your WS's and you absolutely do not feed it TP. In fact you have a few SMN and /SMN using Mewing to ensure it never TP's, ever. It's an entire fight that's charging TP for 57s then SA + WS then charging TP for another 57s. For THF's, if they position themselves correctly, they can usually go every 40~45s or so depending on TP gain / wings / tacts / ect. This means that while my averages are higher then theirs, they WS more often then I do so I can beat the regular THF's but not our super pimped THF's.

Also Thorva is being very misleading. He was there on RDM because they wanted Dia III + Light Shot to reduce it's defense further along with their Idris EA BOG Fraility. Defense down has increasing returns like delay reduction does so their getting values so high they don't really need much attack buffs to cap cRatio.

Idris Frailty is 41.8% base, EA BOG is a 75% increase for a total of 73.15% defense down, Dia III is 15% and the Light Shot brings it to 20% (god I hope he coordinated with the COR for that). Total defense down is 93.15%, meaning a NM 6.85% of it's defense to begin with, a stiff wind would cap cRatio on it.

2500 * 0.0685 = 171.25 defense meaning 560 attack reach's cap, congrats a level 80 RDM with no buffs can cap attack. Even giving it 3000 defense you get 206 remaining defense or 670 needed to cap. So I guess he might not of been capped if he was naked wearing a iL109 weapon. And yes that is how *** stupid strong Idris can be when you start stacking defense down.

That fight is a silly easy to get really high damage numbers in, which is why the 30K is very unimpressive. Now if he was doing WoC, Kyoru, Telos or even a Resien T2/T3 and averaging those 30K's while WSing every 7~8 seconds, then I'd give him credit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-02 21:53:53
Link | Citer | R

lol ok I have seen you use MS on just about anything you fight, including Vol2 ambu.

Your still not getting why MS and /THF are kinda redundant in that fight.

Just take a minute to think about it.

And yes everyone should be blowing their cheeze buttons whenever their up, not like we should be saving them or anything.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-02 21:58:41
Link | Citer | R

It's temps if there is no COR in the party. I use a sword that gives me 30TP/tick regen along with fencer, so actually don't need COR rolls to reach 2.5~3K effective TP every 60s.

On Erinys you always go /THF because it's evasion is so high that your going to whiff your WS's and you absolutely do not feed it TP. In fact you have a few SMN and /SMN using Mewing to ensure it never TP's, ever. It's an entire fight that's charging TP for 57s then SA + WS then charging TP for another 57s. For THF's, if they position themselves correctly, they can usually go every 40~45s or depending on TP gain / wings / tacts / ect. This means that while my averages are higher then theirs, they WS more often then I do so I can beat the regular THF's but not our super pimped THF's.

Also Thorva is being very misleading. He was there on RDM because they wanted Dia III + Light Shot to reduce it's defense further along with their Idris EA BOG Fraility. Defense down has increasing returns like delay reduction does so their getting values so high they don't really need much attack buffs to cap cRatio.

Idris Frailty is 41.8% base, EA BOG is a 75% increase for a total of 73.15% defense down, Dia III is 15% and the Light Shot brings it to 20% (god I hope he coordinated with the COR for that). Total defense down is 93.15%, meaning a NM 6.85% of it's defense to begin with, a stiff wind would cap cRatio on it.

2500 * 0.0685 = 171.25 defense meaning 560 attack reach's cap, congrats a level 80 RDM with no buffs can cap attack. Even giving it 3000 defense you get 206 remaining defense or 670 needed to cap. So I guess he might not of been capped if he was naked wearing a iL109 weapon. And yes that is how *** stupid strong Idris can be when you start stacking defense down.

That fight is a silly easy to get really high damage numbers in, which is why the 30K is very unimpressive. Now if he was doing WoC, Kyoru, Telos or even a Resien T2/T3 and averaging those 30K's while WSing every 7~8 seconds, then I'd give him credit.

yeah... absolutely right, has nothing to do with the +str that rdm can get on savage blade. This isn't even maxed out, I still could get another +28 str and 1 more vorseal.

Your still not getting why MS and /THF are kinda redundant in that fight.

Just take a minute to think about it.

And yes everyone should be blowing their cheeze buttons whenever their up, not like we should be saving them or anything.

and no, not redundant, SA might not be up which would make use of the MS especially if you have a party full of people popping tp wings for you. Once all the buffs drop /thf becomes more useful.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-02 22:04:27
Link | Citer | R

and no, not redundant, SA might not be up which would make use of the MS especially if you have a party full of people popping tp wings for you.

You still haven't figured it out yet

And it's not STR no matter how much. It's a 50% WSC WS from STR, WSD would have a larger effect along with CHD if your using /THF.

Now put up real information on real targets. It shouldn't be hard if your at 80% damage of a real DD.
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-02-02 22:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Both of you, knock it the *** off. This is the dev tracker thread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-02-02 22:16:56
Link | Citer | R

hey anyone have a resolution set?
[+]
By Bamboom 2017-02-02 22:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
I'm not even joking when I say this.. There's a few higher-tier fights in Escha/Rei where if it's just the tank on the boss, smn/whm is a fine healer, geo/whm is a fine healer. Honestly, if you have enough refresh, mnk/whm is a fine single-target healer.

Yeah almost any job can spam Cure III / IV provided they have enough MP and access to decent potency gear.

[...]

Bamboom said: »
That's actually pretty cool... It's pretty sweet that they can make a 10+% contribution on damage while doing their rdm business...

Except it was taking up a slot that could of been filled by another full DD, a BRD, a GEO or a COR. Any one of those would of added much more then 10% to that fight from their buffs alone. Their not going to take up a DD slot but a support slot and the slot they fit the best into is the healer because healing skill is now extremely important to heals, plus it gets all sorts of support orientated stuff naturally.

Right but why not bring the RDM in as a 7th? RDM doesn't really need any support from the party and can do their own thing since they are sturdy as hell, can keep themselves alive pretty easily, and bring in some nice enfeebles to the party as well as Haste II/ Refresh III/and possibly phalanx II.

I feel like RDM has a lot of potential in making many fights easier and jives really well with DDs, especially with distract III and the soon to be buff to it. While the DDs go ham on w/e you're fighting, the RDM keeps the it disabled enough to keep the DDs from dying. Especially with the oncoming possible nerf to vex/attunement; RDM enfeebs might become something essential(would be neat)

Obviously this is all speculation, but I really feel like there is some wasted potential/opportunity for RDM that is both SE's fault as well as the player base
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-02 22:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
hey anyone have a resolution set?

Mine was to jog more
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-02 22:46:33
Link | Citer | R

Bamboom said: »
Right but why not bring the RDM in as a 7th?

Absolutely nothing and it's a great idea. I was operating under the assumption of standard 6 man party content, so including times when your limited to a single party. Hybrid melee RDM could certainly be useful in the outside party on Escha and similar events. They can take care of themselves while also providing quite a bit of utility, so no complaints from me there.

Don't forget Addle II, it's -MACC also, providing you can land it and the enemy isn't one of those that constantly wipe it's own debuffs. With things being less dark resistant Frazzle III will become more useful, which is another huge chunk taken out of MEVD. Distract III we already discussed along with Dia III, Slow and Paralyze do reduce damage from regular hits so your less likely to be killed by the attack round after the big TP move. Enspells are interesting is how they work, tier 1's are better for damage but tier II's can reduce its' resistance to a specific element, opening strategic options. RDM's offers a lot but not enough to replace a DD or a BRD/COR/GEO with. If Haste II could cap magic haste on it's own then there is an argument for replacing the BRD, but RDM can't really compete the power of with SAM's roll (plus another) and Frailty, especially as GEO/RDM can act like a miniature RDM with lower tier enfeebles.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-02 23:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Man rdm *** waving keeps finding it's way into sections I didn't think it ever would.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-02 23:52:20
Link | Citer | R

Lets talk about Dnc, I have read the Dnc forums and it was said it is one of the HQ dd in these more recent post. What numbers and under what buffs with optimal gear are we supposed to see for each WS?

I know everything depends on Buffs and what you fights and gear but I would like an estimated actual range.

Some 1 help with Numbers and maybe gear they use to get those
I feel so helpless with out a point of reference
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-03 00:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Lets talk about Dnc, I have read the Dnc forums and it was said it is one of the HQ dd in these more recent post. What numbers and under what buffs with optimal gear are we supposed to see for each WS?

PK *** everything up, especially when stacked with Climatic Flourish, along with Rudra's and the ability to link all these into really nice SC's. Byrth can give more info cause that dude is one of the most epic DNC's I've ever seen. It does require you know how all the JA's work together and be extremely careful because each cause's a 2s pause in attack round.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-02-03 00:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
The economy more or less relies on sparks at this point to make up for all of the gil that is funneled out through those NPCs.

Ambuscade is a pretty major gil source too, and it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed sparks gil with an intent to push even more people to Ambuscade for money.

Wouldn't bother me either, more people to team up, more availability for stuff like HP Bayld or other less common upgrade items (took me a while to get my 60 riftdross for Armageddon in December ever keeping an eye out for bazaars and AH sales and begging friends to use hallmarks to get dross to sell me). Also would make it easier for everyone to jump into a party whether just trying to get 5/5 gear set or some cape mats, or farming for sellables.

Possible annoyance for the busiest servers when Ambuscade is too busy, but I'm happy to not be on Asura anyway ;)
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-03 00:31:03
Link | Citer | R

20-30k unstacked Pyrrhic spam is not uncommon with the proper buffs and terpderp. Anywhere from 35-60k+ Rudra's Storm with climactic flourish depending on tp. I usually only do steps/flourish right before I ws to reduce animation delay and tie multiple animations into 1 go (presto + step + samba + saber dance/flourish)

Dancer also has one of the better pair of zerging 1hours available to them. Trance gives you 2000 tp and Grand pas gives you multiple climactic flourish rudra's storms. Pairing them together is very effective for a lot of damage.

I usually do something like:
Climactic Flourish > Rudra's > trance > rudra's > no foot rise + reverse flourish > rudra's > grand pas > climactic flourish + reverse flourish > rudra's > reverse flourish > rudra's
all the rudra's storm are boosted by climactic flourish this way. If you can bridge the gap with no foot rise's 250 tp and save reverse flourish you can get a 6th Rudra's Storm but it's hard to get that and still have climatic flourish on. Climactic also has 0 recast after this because of Grand Pas which is pretty nice. You can follow up with another climactic rudra's > reverse flourish > rudra's once reverse flourish recast is back.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-03 00:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ambuscade is a pretty major gil source too, and it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed sparks gil with an intent to push even more people to Ambuscade for money.
Ambuscade doesn't create gil, converting sparks does.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-03 01:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ambuscade doesn't create gil, converting sparks does.

Glad someone said it. It shuffles gil but a newbie without sparks to start on would have a rough time.

Last I checked, reclaimer wouldn't even take ambu gear (heh, figured 3 free vouchers)
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-03 02:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
20-30k unstacked Pyrrhic spam is not uncommon with the proper buffs and terpderp. Anywhere from 35-60k+ Rudra's Storm with climactic flourish depending on tp. I usually only do steps/flourish right before I ws to reduce animation delay and tie multiple animations into 1 go (presto + step + samba + saber dance/flourish)

Dancer also has one of the better pair of zerging 1hours available to them. Trance gives you 2000 tp and Grand pas gives you multiple climactic flourish rudra's storms. Pairing them together is very effective for a lot of damage.

I usually do something like:
Climactic Flourish > Rudra's > trance > rudra's > no foot rise + reverse flourish > rudra's > grand pas > climactic flourish + reverse flourish > rudra's > reverse flourish > rudra's
all the rudra's storm are boosted by climactic flourish this way. If you can bridge the gap with no foot rise's 250 tp and save reverse flourish you can get a 6th Rudra's Storm but it's hard to get that and still have climatic flourish on. Climactic also has 0 recast after this because of Grand Pas which is pretty nice. You can follow up with another climactic rudra's > reverse flourish > rudra's once reverse flourish recast is back.
Oh wow, I had 0 clue about that series lol thank you I'll go kill nothing but have tons of fun trying
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-03 02:20:49
Link | Citer | R

As far as Dev topics: With the Adjustments to be had very soon, What gear would be needed to change to get the same potency now or is that realistic any more? tbd? Any guess on Intense Ambu Mobs since we get adamatos for 1, can we assume Beast men or Fomors?
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 201 202 203