Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 110 111 112
By fillerbunny9 2017-01-06 21:26:37
Link | Citer | R

I'd sacrifice several infants to be able to use the Argosy set for Stardiver. I despise trying to get Reisenjima augments/spares of the Valorous pieces, as gloves and hands look to be a pain in the *** to solo. probably give it a shot at some point now that I have finished my current "long term" goal of my 2nd Mythic, but I might just need to take a step back and breathe for a few days, too.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 21:33:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Braden said: »
C) people are still sleeping on two-handed Empyreans for whatever reason

No We're not, as Byrth just pointed out 99% of the Spreedsheet math was done with 0.5 "Over TP" as the default, meaning melee damage is being exaggerated against WS damage. For most 2H jobs it's somewhere around 80/20, meaning only 20% of your damage is coming from your melee hits. It gets even sillier when you account for things like Savagery Warcry and having to waste 3000TP on a weak WS while the other guy gets 2.5~3 free powerful WS's in.

This is probably the second biggest mistake I see people doing on spreedsheet math, giving free 3000TP AM before the fight and not accounting for the damage penalty incurred from having to waste that TP vs using it on more damage. This becomes extremely noticeable in shorter fights.

Rag actually doesn't do the highest Resolutions, that honor goes to the Zulfiqar with good augments. Rag is used before the 60 accuracy opens up options on the WAR/DRK to chunk in a ton of better gear without having to take such a large hit on Accuracy.

EX: Zulfiqar
DMG 297 +25
Delay: 504
Accuracy 15+21
Attack 15+16
STR +11
DA +2
WSD 2+3

Hanging outside of town with no food, buffs, ionis or anything I have 1227 Accuracy in my Base set and 1205 in my Resolution set. Both sets have ridiculous amounts of DA and Store TP to compliment that accuracy.

Again this isn't me recommending a particular weapon but that everyone in the group needs to check their accuracy in both TP and WS and then normalize it before deciding on which buffs to use. And if your having to take off a lot of your sweet multi-attack / Store TP gear to meet your accuracy requirements, then it might be a moment to look at the weapon and switch it up.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 21:36:20
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »
I'd sacrifice several infants to be able to use the Argosy set for Stardiver. I despise trying to get Reisenjima augments/spares of the Valorous pieces, as gloves and hands look to be a pain in the *** to solo. probably give it a shot at some point now that I have finished my current "long term" goal of my 2nd Mythic, but I might just need to take a step back and breathe for a few days, too.

Oh jesus when I was playing DRG I wished so hard it was on Argosy. I was doing stupid insane Star Diver's on WAR using a Blurred Lance, I can only imagine how off the wall a DRG would be with a real Polearm. Valorous is great and all but playing the RNG lottery is just shitty.
[+]
By Sidra 2017-01-06 21:51:59
Link | Citer | R

How do you manipulate the spreadsheet to account for the tp and ws which puts the AM up? I only see an option to choose 1 WS, and option to choose the AM buff.
 Sylph.Braden
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-06 22:10:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
No We're not, as Byrth just pointed out 99% of the Spreedsheet math was done with 0.5 "Over TP" as the default, meaning melee damage is being exaggerated against WS damage. For most 2H jobs it's somewhere around 80/20, meaning only 20% of your damage is coming from your melee hits. It gets even sillier when you account for things like Savagery Warcry and having to waste 3000TP on a weak WS while the other guy gets 2.5~3 free powerful WS's in.

With 0 Over TP Rounds, my results are still favoring Rhongomiant over Ryunohige in a number of buffed scenarios and always beats Trishula. Activation should only skew things towards Trishula in situations where you start from below 3000 TP and have no Jumps/Spirit Link/temp items and unlucky Warcry timing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 23:25:31
Link | Citer | R

Sidra said: »
How do you manipulate the spreadsheet to account for the tp and ws which puts the AM up? I only see an option to choose 1 WS, and option to choose the AM buff.

It's built in, the two different sets weren't meant to be compared to each other but as AM up / AM down sets and the WS to use. You can set both TP sets to the same but have one using the WS at 3000 and it only active for a very short period of time.

Activation should only skew things towards Trishula in situations where you start from below 3000 TP and have no Jumps/Spirit Link/temp items and unlucky Warcry timing.

You are wasting the TP from the jumps on the activation WS instead of using them to fuel free TP for the damage WS. There is no hidden text on jumps saying "Must only be used to activate AM3", instead your choosing to do a 3K TP DB/CT instead of Jump -> SD -> Jump -> SD / ect. You start at 0 TP, if you have 3K from a previous fight then you can use Sekkanoki and pop out 2 WS's quickly. For Relic this is actually prime time to activate AM effect because those have no TP growth so the static 1000TP isn't a hindrance like it is for others.

I've gone through this a ***ton and the best I can say is people are over estimating the power of melee hits while simultaneously underestimating the power of their WS's. You don't even have the benefit of the +Stat adding to your primary damage WS or giving you something nice like Attack or Accuracy.
By Azureth 2017-01-07 06:26:33
Link | Citer | R

I am not trolling >.> I was really trying to get some new info,numbers, and opinions on drg and its RMEA weapons. I also want to keep this thread going and help new dragoons. Drg is good and can be great with effort. My server is dominated by drks and blus
I Just got tired of the loldrg mentality i been getting on asura. Hopefully we get more dragoons out there!!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-07 12:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Azureth said: »
I am not trolling >.> I was really trying to get some new info,numbers, and opinions on drg and its RMEA weapons. I also want to keep this thread going and help new dragoons. Drg is good and can be great with effort. My server is dominated by drks and blus
I Just got tired of the loldrg mentality i been getting on asura. Hopefully we get more dragoons out there!!

They are basically all the same or within a very small margin of each other. The big difference is the situations you would use them in and under which buffs / gear. It's really easy to skew your results towards one or the other if the situation isn't entirely understood so just go with what you can manage. Relic provides an epic amount of accuracy and doesn't require you screwing around with AM, Aeonic provides +500 TP Bonus and +10 Store TP allowing you to bust out big SD numbers and doesn't require screwing with an AM effect. Mythic lets you get TP faster and multi-hit more often on SD / DB, it's AM activation WS isn't bad and can actually be your best WS if geared for it. Emperian lets you do lots of melee damage, great for longer fights where you might not be able to spam WS's or be amnesia / gear locked.

Ultimately they all get you where you want to go. Trish does require a competent Aeonic group, which apparently is extremely rare or something something darkside. Relic / Mythic / Emperian can be farmed solo but Emperian will drive you up the wall with the 1500 HMP requirement. You can always get a Reienkyo from Reisen and get some decent augments on it to hold you over until your REMA is finished /shrug.
[+]
By Azureth 2017-01-07 17:26:42
Link | Citer | R

thanks alot saevel, i think ill get trishula and then go for ryu. i got a reienkyo with DMG +16 STR +15 Accuracy +30 Attack +15. it was like my second attempt too lol.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-07 17:37:23
Link | Citer | R

If you don't want to play the Augment game Habile Mazraq is pretty nice too.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-07 18:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Rhomphaia from Hambi is a perfectly serviceable weapon
By Azureth 2017-01-08 15:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a decent lua i can use? Thsnk you
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-08 16:52:54
Link | Citer | R

Here's two:

DRG.lua - Basic
DRG.lua - Intermediate

Both files are standalone, so you won't need to muck around with Mote's or anything like that. You'll still need to plug in your own gear. Hopefully all those comments I've added are helpful and not painful on the eyes.

The Basic version has only one TP set and, without any modifications, only one WS set. It should be fine for someone with fewer gear options or if you just want to dip your feet into understanding LUA.

The Intermediate version has a system in place for TP toggles between four melee modes: Standard, Accuracy, PDT, and MDT. I recommend making bind in your scripts/init.txt file that has gs c toggle TP set and gs c reverse TP set so you can swap between modes on the fly. Also shows how to implement augmented items with the two Brigantia's Mantles listed at the top.

I haven't tested these files, so do report any errors you find here.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-08 17:02:11
Link | Citer | R

I can vouch for those lua's, that's the same base I used for making all mine. The logic is straight forward and easy to understand, modifying it to add or remove stuff is also easy to do.
By Sidra 2017-01-08 17:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way just to throw an F11 keybind into the lua to toggle between the 4 TP sets?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-08 17:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Throw this line or something like it in get_sets() somewhere:

send_command('bind !f11 gs c toggle TP set;bind ^f11 gs c reverse TP set')
By Sidra 2017-01-08 18:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Heya Braden - so I had been using your Basic lua, but recently was really wanting to get in an ACC and Damage Reduction set, as well a as a second idle set...so you posted this at a perfect time. So I just swapped over to this intermediate one, but it not working correctly. It does not swap form Idle to TP once engaged. It will swap to WS and Breath gear, but the breath gears gets stuck...it doesn't go back to TP.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-08 18:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Oops, should be fixed now
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-08 20:20:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really a fan of that set formatting. And by that I mean putting 4 pieces of gear in a single line. It just feels.. messy to me. Cuts down the length of the lua, certainly. But I feel like it's harder to read, and would make spotting coding mistakes harder. Missing comma's and so on. But it's mostly just "My eyes~!"

The intermediate lua does two things that I never thought to do.

1: Having Spirit link and call wyvern effectively share a macro is a damn good idea. How long have I been playing this job, and coding for it, first in XML, and now in LUA, and I never thought of that...? /facepalm.

2: Swapping in Wyvern HP gear for spirit surge. It says it right on the BG wiki page..

"The Dragoon's HP is increased by 25% of the wyvern's max HP"

Why did I never think of this? Now, there's probably going to be some issues getting full potency outta this, seeing as there's often a delay on Wyvern HP+ gear actually taking effect. As is often seen with healing breath. But still, not like you lose anything by swapping it in, and you potentially get more max HP when ever you do actually use spirit surge. Neat.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-08 20:31:10
Link | Citer | R

I actually prefer referencing the gear as an appended line vs having all 18 being a different line because you don't need to worry about how other programs interpret the tab/space characters and realigning the formatting back up. Plus it cuts down on the obnoxious number of lines in a file and saves me from scrolling all over the place to find something. But yeah personal preference.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-08 20:39:13
Link | Citer | R

That's a pretty good point. copy/pasting to/from pretty much anything will inevitably screw up the tab spacing... Not enough for me to change my ways though.

But in regards to the vertical length of the lua, I use notepad++, which allows the collapsing of sets to a single line. Or you can even collapse the entire get_sets function to a single line for when you're not trying to look at sets at all. Then expand it when you want to see it.

So all I see when scrolling through my sets is the setname, and any set_combines, until I expand a set. There's also keyboard shortcuts for collapsing/expanding the entire lua to a given depth.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-08 21:09:18
Link | Citer | R

I go with 4 slots per line for full sets 'cause of the equipment screen. My brain will always look for belts on row 4 column 2. Anyway Notepad++ is the way to go regardless, layout nerds can go nuts with it if they wanna mix it up, but I'm leavin it like that on what I'm hosting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-01-10 10:03:45
Link | Citer | R

I've been away from the job for some years now.. got a Ryunohige collecting dust in the moghouse. Been going full tilt on blm, pld, thf, and blu basically - and as I max those jobs out I'm looking for the next project.

Been thinking about picking DRG up and realize that a lot has changed since I've played. I know better than to ask for BiS gear sets in this thread, but I was curious if people could give me a few suggestions for TP sets and Drakes/Star sets.

DRG only needs how much gear haste? And how much STP is needed for 4-hit/5-hit.. whatever x build we can make now efficiently.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 11:44:51
Link | Citer | R

I go with 4 slots per line for full sets 'cause of the equipment screen. My brain will always look for belts on row 4 column 2. Anyway Notepad++ is the way to go regardless, layout nerds can go nuts with it if they wanna mix it up, but I'm leavin it like that on what I'm hosting.

I use Notepad++ also, much easier to edit these things. I'm just picky about structures to leave the absolute minimum room for mistakes or "opp's why isn't my lua working". Also why I don't use set_combines and some of the fancier logic, I share it out with friends and very few know how to code. Every week it's something complaining that their lua isn't working and something's broke in the middle of a fight.

The real HNM of FFXI, Gearswap...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-10 11:55:11
Link | Citer | R

I was the linkshell/my friends code consultant for a loong time. First with spellcast, and then later with gearswap, so this is familiar to me.
By Sidra 2017-01-10 13:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
I've been away from the job for some years now.. got a Ryunohige collecting dust in the moghouse. Been going full tilt on blm, pld, thf, and blu basically - and as I max those jobs out I'm looking for the next project.

Been thinking about picking DRG up and realize that a lot has changed since I've played. I know better than to ask for BiS gear sets in this thread, but I was curious if people could give me a few suggestions for TP sets and Drakes/Star sets.

DRG only needs how much gear haste? And how much STP is needed for 4-hit/5-hit.. whatever x build we can make now efficiently.

Thanks in advance.

You still want max Gear haste at 25/26. Non Ryu DRG generally max out extra attacks while running a 5hit build. Ryu users don't need all of the extra attack since it devalues the Ryu AM - so you can go all in on StoreTP and get a 4hit build. For TP build, you are gonna be looking at Valorous augmented with Store TP. Flamma +1 Head and Feet may also be options. 83 Store TP is the number that puts you at 250/hit (4hit) but given that some of your Store TP probably comes out for weaponskills, you are gonna need more than that.

For BIS accessories - pull up a list of Omen drops - the stuff is so good it will jump right off the page. That's about half of them, and then you are still looking a stuff like Lissome/Brutal/Cessance/Petrov/Telos depending on other gear and preference.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-10 13:43:25
Link | Citer | R

If you're going to have capped magic haste, wyvern haste and hasso up, you only need 17 haste to cap.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-01-10 14:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Sidra said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »

Thanks in advance.

You still want max Gear haste at 25/26. Non Ryu DRG generally max out extra attacks while running a 5hit build. Ryu users don't need all of the extra attack since it devalues the Ryu AM - so you can go all in on StoreTP and get a 4hit build. For TP build, you are gonna be looking at Valorous augmented with Store TP. Flamma +1 Head and Feet may also be options. 83 Store TP is the number that puts you at 250/hit (4hit) but given that some of your Store TP probably comes out for weaponskills, you are gonna need more than that.

For BIS accessories - pull up a list of Omen drops - the stuff is so good it will jump right off the page. That's about half of them, and then you are still looking a stuff like Lissome/Brutal/Cessance/Petrov/Telos depending on other gear and preference.

Awesome thanks for some baseline - also.. do you /sam or /war these days? And if you /sam.. how much STP is that? Like I said, it's been a long time.
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-01-10 15:39:24
Link | Citer | R

/sam Gives you 15 STP. So you would still need 68+ in gear to obtain a 4 hit.
By Sidra 2017-01-10 15:47:53
Link | Citer | R

I play /SAM, /WAR and /DRK depending on the situation. /DRK is kind of forgotten, but Last Resort gives 15% JA haste, and has the same attack impact of Berserk. I find it the best for fights that are 3 mins or less, and where you will be underbuffed. Like maybe low manning Some Reisenjima with someone else's trust who will be slow to haste you, or where your 1 GEO will need to use defensive as opposed to offensive buffs. Or Ambuscade parties that are cobbled together imperfectly.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 110 111 112