First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 70 71 72
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-15 11:25:57
Link | Citer | R

If they give beastmasters I want Lhu and Choh!

edit: wait, maybe Lhu is dead since she owned Guttler..
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-15 11:33:45
Link | Citer | R

Where's my Luzaf cipher already SE, he's so dreamy.
Odin can have his soul, I just want his body!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-15 11:34:47
Link | Citer | R

The player didn't really make a bond with Luzaf though...Aphmau did.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-15 11:38:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't care T_T , my character was maybe a bit jealous of aphmau in that regard. Would be cool to have Aphmau as a cipher though.
I totally shed a tear when aphmau did in that one cutscene...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-01-15 11:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Where's my Luzaf cipher already

Agreed. We need a real ranged Trust (not Joachim), Gunner would be great, COR rolls, and his hair is cool. I approve of Luzaf.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-15 11:46:41
Link | Citer | R

I would love Luzaf, but given the lore I highly doubt it's possible.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-01-15 12:01:59
Link | Citer | R

I want Qultada!
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-01-15 12:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and it'd be cool to have Shikaree X, Y & Z.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-15 12:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Any news if they will allow Trust to work in Assualts/Salvage/Nyzul/Einherjar?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2014-01-15 12:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Haven't heard anything yet. But I would love to see it happen soon.

Also, is anyone else taking a job up to 99 solo style instead of burning to 99? I'm having a blast visiting past areas. Brings back old memories lol.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-01-15 12:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If they give beastmasters I want Lhu and Choh!

edit: wait, maybe Lhu is dead since she owned Guttler..

If shes in the relic cutscene then yes shes dead but! the past person who had aegis wasnt the person who got locked inside aegis in the CS.

They add the past pld guy so I dont see why they cant add others but could be a bit op for npcs to have relics. Would be nice to see some more ToAU people as well.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-15 12:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Yeah she was in the Hydra Corps, so she died in the war.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-01-15 12:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Well she didnt technically die in the war =P lol. It could be explained off as them being pulled through the maws or returning in spirit.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-15 12:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Feels like necromancy anyway!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-15 12:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Haven't heard anything yet. But I would love to see it happen soon.
It would make farming alexs and trials easier, that's for sure.

My biggest pain in the rump is getting beastmen kings titles. My character is at Medusa's pop point for the past 2 days, which started the windows since last maint. Hopefully she will have pop'd and died (I'm in an alliance of half afk, fourth sleeping, fourth watching people) by the time I get home.
By Wordspoken 2014-01-15 12:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Trust npcs are tempting me to start dualboxing. Whole system is SE saying "this is how you're supposed to play the game". Kinda sad really.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-01-15 13:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
It's kinda dumb having this many NPC's and only end up using 3 or 4.

It's kinda dumb at 99 but if you use them as intended (help in leveling up now that no one really is leveling up) you will easily use 6 or more. Going into Crawler's Nest on 34RNG to do page 1 was tough but fast exp. I used Shan/Aji/Kupi at first for fast kills but their MP would run out before their timers were up or they'd come too close to dying. Solution was to use 2 teams: Shan/Val/Kupi, Aji/Mihli/Trion. Alternated those after every fight or two and was awesome. Some of those you need Rank 6 of course to get so they're intended for 65+ leveling but the older tanks/dd could be used instead. If I was 50+ I would have used Exc/Curi instead of Val at times to avoid AoEs.

I think it's handy to look at all the melee and chunk them into magic, melee, and tank with sub-sections of AoE, Non-AoE, and utility.

Magic:
Shan/Aji/Mihli/Kupi/Joa

AoE:
Mihili

Utility:
Joa/Kupi/Mihli/Aji

Melee:
Aya/Naji/Lion/Nana/Ten/Volk/Zeid

AoE:
Lion/Nana

Utility:
Naji/Volk/Zeid

Tank:

Cur/Exc/Tri/Val

AoE:
Val

Utility:
Tri/Exc

If you want AoE use bring one or more of Nana/Lion/Val/Mihli.

If you don't want AoE then you would use the others.

If you want magic damage use Shan/Aji otherwise use the others. Zeid is sort of a middle ground being melee with spells, works best if you need additional debuffing.

If you're focused on melee and don't need dedicated heals bring Joa; bring Aji if you're focused on magic.

If you need dedicated healing Kupi/Mihli but not Mihli if you don't want AoE.

If you would like someone to have higher enmity but don't need a dedicated tank then you would use Naji/Volker.

If you need a dedicated super tank use Tri/Val otherwise Exc/Cur will work. If you don't care about tank's damage output use Tri for stuns.

Another thing to look at is weapon type. If you'll be fighting a lot of birds or bees you might get more mileage out of Nana/Exc.

Looking at it like this, every trust companion has its uses. Except for maybe Curilla who just seems to be outclassed by the others flat out.

Otherwise for the future I'll probably look at these as any other spell, do you cast minuet 1 and 2 much after you learn 4 and 5? They're bound to bring direct upgrades over what we have at some point.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-15 13:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Everytime I read the title of this topic:

I trust him!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-01-15 13:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »
Also, is anyone else taking a job up to 99 solo style instead of burning to 99? I'm having a blast visiting past areas. Brings back old memories lol.
I am. As soon as I hit level 5, I went and got them and have been leveling with them ever since.

I took War to 50 first, then Monk to 50 and now I am going to take War to 99. It has been so long since I played War/Mnk, I forgot how useful Mnk is as a sub for War. So many years of doing War/Dnc. But with Kupipi, I don't need to sub dancer now which makes War so much more fun to play. No more doing jigs, waltzs and sambas every time I turn around. Now I can just beat on crap. Great stress reliever :D
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-01-15 19:01:58
Link | Citer | R

lol who doesn't have all jobs at 99 already?

Well yeah me.. But only the 2 new ones that I can't be bothered leveling.

Abyssea has been out years. So it can only be new players leveling jobs up with the Trusts surely?

I've tried leveling my main dual box mules BLM up from 85 I think it was. To 99 using Trusts. And it's been hellish compared to using them at 99 with the new RoE gear on on my main.
She's hit 93 now. But we're talking like 50k an hour man.. That is sooooo 3 years ago xp levels :/
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-15 19:04:48
Link | Citer | R

If you were looking for pure efficiency, I think Abyssea is still the better option. People leveling with Trusts appear to be doing it for the fun and nostalgia value.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-01-16 06:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
People leveling with Trusts appear to be doing it for the fun and nostalgia value.
This would be me. It has been a lot of fun just leveling with the Alter Egos. Something different to do I guess.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-01-16 06:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
Abyssea has been out years. So it can only be new players leveling jobs up with the Trusts surely?

Not quite, I`ve been playing since EU release and I still have 2 jobs under lv75, Pup and Geo.

I`ve never been a fan of pup so I`ve been reluctant to lvl it, I have however been leveling Geo with trust recently, taken it from 1-55 so far.

Theres no law that says you have to have every job at 99 if you've been playing for 10+yrs.
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-01-16 12:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah me.. But only the 2 new ones that I can't be bothered leveling.

I've tried leveling my main dual box mules BLM up from 85 I think it was. To 99 using Trusts. And it's been hellish compared to using them at 99 with the new RoE gear on on my main.
She's hit 93 now. But we're talking like 50k an hour man.. That is sooooo 3 years ago xp levels :/

I don't have all 99 or even all unlocked. Back in the day I used to unlock all and level all but on this character I decided to only unlock and level the jobs and subjobs I knew I'd need to save time and gil. But as time has gone on I've gotten itches to play other jobs too so these trust npcs come in very handy.

As I said before as well, my server is just about totally dead with exp pts, abyssea included. I see people shouting for an aby EXP for hours some days and they never get one (and there isn't one going on).

Only 50k? Seems low compared to what I was getting but I haven't played with them above 50 yet for leveling purposes. Was that including GoV/FoV, RoE and any ring benefits you could get?
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-01-16 12:41:12
Link | Citer | R

For me, exp per hour doesn't really matter. I just want to have fun. That is more important to me, than how quickly I can get a job to 99. After playing for many years, since I am usually soloing or doing stuff on my own, I found I enjoy the road to 99 more than I enjoy being at 99.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-18 05:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Been playing for almost 10 years and I 'only' have 9 level 99 jobs at the moment. I just take my time and don't burn jobs in any way, shape or form. Normal parties way back in the day, duo's or trio's, level sync for a while, but mostly solo. Not going into abyssea before level 90 or on some jobs even 95.
Using the Trust NPC's now is a fun experience, especially when your job is a versatile one (such as Scholar). Despite what some people say I think the Trust system is an awesome idea and I hope it'll be improved/expanded upon in the (near) future.

Oh and Zazarg for Trust cipher? {Yes please}!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2014-01-18 06:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Forget Prishe, she's useless! Selteus all the way!!!
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-01-18 08:57:49
Link | Citer | R

I went and unlocked Shantotto, anyone else read her chat dialog? Shes Jealous that someone else got into trust before her so she made her own backyard experiment...
Does this mean this is Fake Shantotto and SE will give us Real Shantotto?
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-01-19 03:20:52
Link | Citer | R

iirc, it is just that the process of acquiring the ability to call her alter ego is developed by herself. It is different than the process the new trust related NPC teaches the player. I may be wrong though.

Btw, it is a nice touch that she casts in her laughing "Ohohoh" animation :D I don't remember if she does the same in mission battles. It would be nice if she went "Ohohoho" time to time in /say when she is casting too. That would add to her unique character.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 70 71 72