Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 73 74 75
By mrlooolz 2016-11-21 06:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Maybe a silly Question but From the guide I cant make out what path to go augment my Amalric with? path A or D?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-11-24 19:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Holy ***, the layout to this guide is beautiful. I'll be using this to catch up on GEO.
[+]
By Halion 2016-11-25 12:44:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm also wondering about Amalric augs. I don't have much escha nuking gear yet, just Amalric pants.
 Asura.Taruranto
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-05 18:45:41
Link | Citer | R

People opinion of Psycloth Manillas for Mag.Acc set?

Currently I'm using 3 hands for 3 different sets, Jhakri Cuff+1 for pure nuking (Will rep with merlin), Psycloth Manillas Path B for Mag. Acc and Amalric hands for MB.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-12-13 19:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Halion said: »
I'm also wondering about Amalric augs. I don't have much escha nuking gear yet, just Amalric pants.

For pants/head i did A, hands/feet D. I never uncursed a body. Would prob do A.

Asura.Taruranto said: »

Currently I'm using 3 hands for 3 different sets, Jhakri Cuff+1 for pure nuking (Will rep with merlin), Psycloth Manillas Path B for Mag. Acc and Amalric hands for MB.

For Macc I assume you mean enfeebling? I use Azimuth+1s. otherwise id just stick to Jhakri probably. Merlinic hands are pretty terrible for nuking and I would suggest getting Amalric.

So with the new shield does that make AG Idris + Shield > Griovoir? I dont think it does but I'm not sure on math.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 20:42:44
Link | Citer | R

I am so hyped for my GEO to move at +18% speed, you have no idea.
 Asura.Taruranto
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-14 07:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »
Halion said: »

For pants/head i did A, hands/feet D. I never uncursed a body. Would prob do A.

For Macc I assume you mean enfeebling? I use Azimuth+1s. otherwise id just stick to Jhakri probably. Merlinic hands are pretty terrible for nuking and I would suggest getting Amalric.

No, I was talking about a pure Mag Accuracy set for elemental nuking. But yes, I'm using Amalric Gages for that and MB set now.

Aren't Merlinic hands better for a pure nuking set for stuff that won't resist? I don't have Amalric Gages+1, only normal version.
 Asura.Kasandea
By Asura.Kasandea 2016-12-14 07:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I am so hyped for my GEO to move at +18% speed, you have no idea.

All I care is I won't need the move speed adoulin ring anymore :)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 21:44:50
Link | Citer | R

So, wonder what I should do with capes now:

MND+30, mdmg/macc+20, Cure Pot+10%
DEX+20, acc/att+20, DA+10
HP+60, meva+30, eva+20, Pet regen+10
INT+30, mdmg/macc+20, MAB+10

I have mats for another cape laying about, should I make some form of FC/Enfeebling cape? MND/Macc+30/FC? Or are my Healing and nuking capes roughly just as good than an enfeebling one? Any other capes that might be useful? Otherwise might just use mats on a WS cape for lulz.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-14 21:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Just as good unless you want the FC on them.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-12-15 04:31:51
Link | Citer | R

No, I was talking about a pure Mag Accuracy set for elemental nuking. But yes, I'm using Amalric Gages for that and MB set now.

Aren't Merlinic hands better for a pure nuking set for stuff that won't resist? I don't have Amalric Gages+1, only normal version.

Okay, I see what you are saying. those prob are the best purely Macc nuking gloves.

As for Merlinic, the only useful stat is 26 int. The other stats are for avatars. Amalric's have 34 int, 15macc 13 skill 38MAB. So would need something like 8+ int, 25+ macc, 38+MAB, Mdmg to even be worth comparing.
 Asura.Taruranto
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-15 16:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I see what you are saying. those prob are the best purely Macc nuking gloves.

As for Merlinic, the only useful stat is 26 int. The other stats are for avatars. Amalric's have 34 int, 15macc 13 skill 38MAB. So would need something like 8+ int, 25+ macc, 38+MAB, Mdmg to even be worth comparing.

Eh, close I guess. :P Too bad. (Yeah, I know, CHR lol...)

Oh dang I feel like an idiot. For some reason I didn't read the "avatar" part on merlinic hands. =_=
By Gruknor 2016-12-15 16:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Oh dang I feel like an idiot. For some reason I didn't read the "avatar" part on merlinic hands. =_=

You are not the only person who read it the wrong way. I am obviously talking about a friend who lives in canada, not me.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-12-15 19:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Its all good, made me do a serious look at them and it is possible to make better. I wouldn't burn the thousands of P stones on them but it is possible. I completely missed the Elemental skill oh psy gloves when looking at them. Easy to miss stuff in the stat vomit of new gear.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-16 01:43:39
Link | Citer | R

So, wonder what I should do with capes now:

MND+30, mdmg/macc+20, Cure Pot+10%
DEX+20, acc/att+20, DA+10
HP+60, meva+30, eva+20, Pet regen+10
INT+30, mdmg/macc+20, MAB+10
Those capes look good.
I personally have INT on the Regen one, because I wanted to reduce the damage taken from elemental magic (or Black enfeebles?) instead of raising my HP.
Oh and also I don't have a MND/Cpot one, and I put STR+30 instead of DEX in my DD cape.
Ideally you'd want two, one for WS (STR, Acc/Att, WSdmg, to use with Judgement, probably okaysh for Hexa as well) and one for TP (just like yours).
I decided to get a single one and to put STR because I wanted more damage/attack on both TP and WS.

Yes DEX is helpful for the Crit it adds through dDex and even more for the ~22 acc.
But I assumed on stuff where I use my ddGEO I can live without that additional acc, and on stuff where I'd need acc, then 22 wouldn't be enough to cut it anyway.

Personal choice though? I don't think it's gonna make a huge difference either way to be fair.

As for the FC cape I dunno. GEO already gets a FC+7% cape, so it's not really that big of a change to get 3% additional FC from an Ambu cape. I still cap FC without /RDM even without this cape so I thought meh.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-16 02:16:12
Link | Citer | R

See, with how often I'm in melee range if I were to do a stat I'd probably do VIT. So I've opted for HP as an overall. I wonder if I should just make two and work them into my PDT and MDT sets...
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-16 02:36:10
Link | Citer | R

The problem with making even more capes at this point (aside from the annoyance of inventory woes etc) is the 4th augment.
You still can't get more than 2x 4th augments per month.
So you kinda have to draw a line somewhere unless you want to be doing Ambuscade every month until 2019

I mean, I know this will sound gimp to someone, but I'm just trying to be realistic here.
Ideally I'd want 2000 capes (most of which with similar/identical stats but alas no "all jobs" ambu cape) for all of my jobs but realistically I really need to draw a line somewhere.

I understand your point about VIT and HP btw, I've been very doubting myself on what to get between INT, VIT and HP.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-16 03:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Considering my interest in GEO stems from my GEO onry Idris alt, I take her in to Ambuscade with me any month I do it, so it's really not much effort to make extra capes.
By Tyrael 2016-12-28 10:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Does ilvl affect the geomancer's pet? If it does, how so. Thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-12-28 11:47:23
Link | Citer | R

No, luopans simply match your job level.

See, with how often I'm in melee range if I were to do a stat I'd probably do VIT. So I've opted for HP as an overall. I wonder if I should just make two and work them into my PDT and MDT sets...
The primary reason for selecting INT isn't damage reduction, it's for resisting enfeebles. There's the caveat that it won't cover everything since some debuffs are MND-based, but I'd still consider it more valuable than HP or VIT and it does pull double duty against magic damage.
By kazekostryge 2016-12-28 12:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Can two geomancers entrust each other or will their respective indis just wipe the entrusted one?
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-12-28 12:41:59
Link | Citer | R

kazekostryge said: »
Can two geomancers entrust each other or will their respective indis just wipe the entrusted one?

As far as I know (never tried this exact situation) each player can have one indi casted and active on them at once. Otherwise, entrust wouldn't have much of a point as you could just cast unlimited indi spells on yourself right? Entrust is so you can get it on someone else besides yourself as you can't have two indis emanating from you at once.

I dont play geo much so if I'm off you can slap me.
[+]
 Siren.Aeigis
Serveur: Siren
user: Cestia
By Siren.Aeigis 2016-12-31 15:37:18
Link | Citer | R

I was trying to find out some more information on Geomancers in the melee aspect. Has anyone tried meleeing WoC or Teles geo/dnc or /nin that has AG Idris and aeonic? If so, which WS was pulling the highest #s and what kind of #s for parse? I'm by no means expecting a comparison to other DDs but if they can do even a bit of damage sounds beneficial. I was told Judgment would probably be the best damage but there wasn't a set for it on the main page for it. I made a set for judgment with more emphasis on str along with a ambu str/acc,att/DA cape. I was kind of hoping with idris bolstered precision/torpor, SV madrigals, hunters roll, food and decent accuracy gear that geo could get a few hits in to add some damage. I'm close to finishing idris with only a legend ranking to go and seeing what else may be needed if this is feasible. Any thoughts or info would be great.
By Gruknor 2016-12-31 15:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
kazekostryge said: »

As far as I know (never tried this exact situation) each player can have one indi casted and active on them at once. Otherwise, entrust wouldn't have much of a point as you could just cast unlimited indi spells on yourself right? Entrust is so you can get it on someone else besides yourself as you can't have two indis emanating from you at once.

I dont play geo much so if I'm off you can slap me.

You can have up to one indi spell on you. So if there are more then 1 geo in your party you should make sure they know who you are entrusting.
By abknight 2017-01-10 09:03:11
Link | Citer | R

1.) What's stat priority for GEO in endgame? Something like geomancy skill for buff/debuff potency, DT so you can survive in AOE range, enfeebling skill for further debuffing, then nuking stats? I may have answered my own question here.

2.) does dual-wielding Idris and another club with geomancy skill provide enough benefit to be worthwhile, or does it make more sense to offhand a shield for survivability?

3.) is the consensus that GEO is a stronger support than BRD at present, assuming best gear for each?

New to GEO, thanks for the help.
 Sylph.Chocobro
Serveur: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2017-01-10 09:26:29
Link | Citer | R

1)Getting to 900 skill is top priority. Next would be based on the content your doing. Cure set for /whm support is probably most commonly useful for alliances and melee parties. Having a good DT idle set is always useful as you'll likely be in melee groups. Pet Regen idle set is useful, but not as necessary. Enfeeble set is great for party size content when you're /rdm and the only person to provide those. Less useful if you're doing alliance stuff, since you'll probably have someone around who can do it better. Nuke set is great to have when your in magic parties, especially if you have a RUN tank so you don't hurt BLM nuke potential.

So pretty much: 900 skill first, then build based on what role you're typically providing at the time.

2)Dual-wield is kinda garbage. Having a second club doesn't make up losing benefits you would get from a rdm/whm/sch sub. That new nuking shield in omen is godly anyway.

3)Yes. Not even debatable.
[+]
By abknight 2017-01-10 09:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Thanks a lot for the info. Really looking forward to gearing up.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-10 09:53:11
Link | Citer | R

1) Geomancy set, pet DT/regen, and PDT/MDT sets are your first priority. 900 combined geomancy+handbell skill caps potency, plus Dunna or Idris for Geomancy+. Pet DT/regen gear keeps your luopan out longer, which saves you MP and helps prolong the luopan's lifespan (especially important when using abilities to enhance luopan potency). You'll want 38% pet DT (Dunna, AF hands+1/2/3, 4x Telchine, Isa Belt, Succellus or Solstice) and as much pet regen as you can get (Ambuscade cape, 4x Telchine, Isa Belt, Succellus). PDT/MDT gear keeps you alive, and a bit of meva on that DT gear helps with resisting debuffs. Eventually you should be able to push fairly high values on each even while retaining (most of) your pet gear (ex: Mafic Cudgel, Genbu's/Genmei Shield, Loricate Torque +1, Defending Ring, Vocane/Gelatinous Ring +1, and 2x PDT earrings is up to 47% PDT while retaining nearly all of your pet gear; MDT is fairly easy as long as you have Shell/ra V up). On that note, I'd strongly recommend incorporating meva augments into your Telchine gear and pet regen Ambuscade cape.

Beyond that there's a variety of sets you can incorporate. Fast cast gear for precast (and stun recast with a bit of macc) is always handy, nuking gear (especially for magic bursts, and you'll want a seidr cotehardie at some point), cure potency+, macc/enfeebling skill for debuffs, dark skill+drain/aspir potency, and stoneskin+ gear are probably the most universal. I also carry a few more niche sets such as enhancing skill/barspell+ and cursna+ gear for situations where I don't have a real healer (or in cursna's case, where the healer might need to focus on other party members).

2) You'll hit 900 skill long before Idris. Not useful.

3) In most situations, yes. GEO has a lot of buffs and especially debuffs that work in ways BRD can't really match, and the ability to sing additional songs typically isn't enough to offset that. There are situations where one still wants a (very well geared) BRD, but generally you bring a BRD in addition to a GEO when needed rather than in place of one.
[+]
By abknight 2017-01-10 10:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Nightfyre. A follow-up: Do Idris and Dunna work in conjunction, or will one negate the other's bonus to potency? I ask because the potency graph I've seen shows buff/debuff potency with each, but I wasn't clear on whether or not using both together added additional benefit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-10 10:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Higher Geomancy+ value (Idris) takes priority, they don't stack.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 73 74 75