Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-21 15:11:16
Link | Citer | R

I don't get why you're putting Idris in your sentence, I'm missing the meaning of it D:
By eliroo 2016-09-21 15:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I don't get why you're putting Idris in your sentence, I'm missing the meaning of it D:

With Idris AM +12 STP will go a lot further then +10% DA in terms of TP consumption.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-21 16:41:57
Link | Citer | R

That's especially true if you're singlewielding, a bit less true if you're dualwielding since DA still works for offhand, but ok, I get what you mean now \o/
[+]
 Sylph.Auria
Serveur: Sylph
user: niktok
By Sylph.Auria 2016-09-22 18:28:22
Link | Citer | R

Healing set (unless i'm mistaken about something) should mention a perfect augment Serenity. 30% cure potency (25 + 5 aug) and -10% cure spellcasting time (aug). This would beat out a perfect augment genbu's and tamaxchi, as well as the other staff options. Also allowing you to use a curatio grip for some extra healing magic skill.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. :)
By RolandJ 2016-09-22 21:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Auria said: »
Healing set... quote truncated by RolandJ
Tamaxichi augmented with -10 enmity + Sors Shield gives you 30% of the required -enmity to reach the -50enmity cap as well as 25% cure potency. Considering that GEO gets another 15% from vanya, you should rapidly reach the 50% cap even without that extra 5 (and only 1/3 as much -enmity) from Serenity; just add a Mendi. earring+Tempered cape+1 or a 10% JSE cape to reach the cap. Using this gearing mindset you can get 50% potency, -43 enmity (with merits), and +148 healing skill, nearly capping -enmity, capping potency I, and keeping 85%+ of geo's available healing skill+ equip.

Remember, -50 enmity means you only gain 50% as much enmity as you normally would. It's very useful on WHM, not as much so on GEO, but still handy at times, especially if you need to curebomb an entire party or if hate gets completely reset on the tank. It is easily arguably just as useful as curing for an extra 20-40 HP each time you use Cure4 due to using more skill/MND gear instead.

ItemSet 341302

Pretty darn potent except for the lack of conserve MP (it has 61 CMP(43 is from GEO job traits)). You could drop path B on all your vanya and instead switch to path C plus a 8 ConserveMP (yes, 8 is possible. bg is currently wrong) Merlinic body+legs and an austerity belt+1 to get to 94% conserve MP and -49 enmity at the cost of 100 healing skill. With the +148 skill my cure4s land for 850 ish HP. However, I'm afraid that making a CMP set wouldn't be worth it since there's only a bit of CMP left to gain, as the current set has us at 61 CMP already and we would have to give up a ton of healing skill+ to do it.

ItemSet 346468

With this set Cure4 would cost around 65 MP. That is 88 * 0.72 + 2 (a little buffer since we didn't hit 100% conserveMP), as 100% conserve MP averages out to a 28.125% reduction to spell cost. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Conserve_MP. With the topmost set, assuming that converting 61 CMP's average reduction is as easy as computing 28 / 0.6 (100 CMP % reduction divided by % amount of total CMP in set), that set would likely give 73 MP Cure4s. And so we're looking at 65MP(750 ish HP) vs 73MP(860 HP). What I'm seeing is a 11% reduction to spell cost at the cost of a 13% reduction to cured HP. Even if that CMP set cures for 800 HP, which is doubtful, the gain would still be so marginal that I might not even be motivated enough to build the set.

As for the -spellcasting time it is far from necessary to consider that as a qualifier for what makes a good weapon choice. Once you farm most of the BiS FC for each gearslot you'll cap your FC. GEO gets spoiled with FC; 11 FC pants and 3 FC on ranged; it just comes easy for us. With +7 FC on merl head/hands/feet & the usual FC gear you will get to 79 FC without weatherspoon ring, without /rdm, and without a FC weapon/shield; I didn't even include any kinda-difficult to get gear like merlinicbody/zendik or making you choose weatherspoon ring. In other words, GEO can get to 112 FC with 11FC grioavolr/13fc body/5fc neck/weatherspoon ring/rdm sub... That's pleasantly ridiculous, isn't it? ^^ It really is a joy to use GEO as far as FC is concerned. (79 FC example above = ammo3,head15,neck4,ears4,body10,hand7,rings4,back10,waist3,legs11,feet12)
[+]
By Funf 2016-09-26 18:43:20
Link | Citer | R

99k MB on geo. im sure its been done before but my first :P
 Asura.Jaclyn
By Asura.Jaclyn 2016-09-27 02:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Hi Everyone! I am coming back from a two year hiatus and I was wondering in accordance to Job Points, in which areas should I be spending my points on. Thank You.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-27 02:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Funf said: »

99k MB on geo. im sure its been done before but my first :P

Done this multiple times on Yilan, but pretty sure he takes some bonus damage, and vorseals help. Not sure yet if I'm capable of 99k on Apex, nicely done.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-09-30 15:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I have a question on when to nuke or not nuke on higher tier content. Was doing Neak last night with sch/blm/geo/smn as possible bursters. Run were timing out and afterwards people complained I was bursting. On parse I was highest dmg (140k vs 115k blm). I generally only do 2 nukes on a burst and don't jump the skillchain to give blm a shot at first nuke and don't nuke when sch is putting up helix. From what I understand the resistant gain is proportional to the damage done in that elemental up to -60% nerf.

So when do you decide there are too many other nukers to MB?
By Nocki 2016-09-30 16:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jaclyn said: »
Hi Everyone! I am coming back from a two year hiatus and I was wondering in accordance to Job Points, in which areas should I be spending my points on. Thank You.
You made me realize that there isn't a job point priority order section in the guide. I'll deal with that over the weekend, but for now I would prioritize:
Indi Duration > Blaze of Glory Effect > Bolster Effect > Dematerialize Duration

These are all of your main utility as a geo and are quite helpful. Next is up to you whether you are in situations where you want mab more vs finishing out on utility.

Hades.Dade said: »
Hey, I have a question on when to nuke or not nuke on higher tier content. Was doing Neak last night with sch/blm/geo/smn as possible bursters. Run were timing out and afterwards people complained I was bursting. On parse I was highest dmg (140k vs 115k blm). I generally only do 2 nukes on a burst and don't jump the skillchain to give blm a shot at first nuke and don't nuke when sch is putting up helix. From what I understand the resistant gain is proportional to the damage done in that elemental up to -60% nerf.

Yea, the higher the ilvl the higher the resist wall. Anything after ilvl 125 I think it was ends up being -60% damage to the following nuke. I personally don't even let my SCHs nuke whenever we're doing anything difficult (the exception is Schah's ads, everyone better nuke those *** dead), but on things of that caliber we have 3-4 BLMs. The main reason I don't want to have GEOs or SCHs nuke is because T5 will always do less damage than T6 and -ja assuming you aren't drastically outgearing the BLMs. part of the reason you parsed so high could because you're triggering resist wall for them and therefore nerfing their damage.
All that said, back when I used to single box GEO I used to carefully time my t5 to be at the very end of the burst window so that I wouldn't be casting over anyone else. And in doing that I was still able to get the feeling that I'm contributing in some way other than standing around.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 16:37:14
Link | Citer | R

How long have you had editing privies for the guide? I didn't realize Brixy had passed the torch to someone else.
 Carbuncle.Msoc
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Msoc 2016-09-30 17:47:33
Link | Citer | R

If stronger Casters are in the Party I generally will Burst between them casting or enfeeble. Neak ? was the -PDT don't being broken usually he is killed in 3-4 thunder MB volleys.
By Nocki 2016-09-30 17:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Avallon said: »
How long have you had editing privies for the guide? I didn't realize Brixy had passed the torch to someone else.
I asked him for it in April since I had been making sets in my itemsets and recommending them to people in all of the linkshells I was in who would ask about GEO. Back before I started focusing on dains/my ls and I was in like 8 of them just answering questions for people about whatever lol.
I made a post in the thread on the day I got the node access.
By aigulfe 2016-09-30 20:48:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm a BLM and a GEO (and a SCH) and I gotta say, if the GEO is winning the parse, the GEO isn't the problem. It's some weak BLMs. Obviously gotta let the primary casters get their nukes off but sounds like you did that. I havent done Neak all that much, just joined an aeonic shell a few weeks ago and we trashed him in no time. But yeah, typically GEOs on high-end content just put up bubbles or toss out debuffs or stuns. None of our GEOs nuke from what I've seen.. but each group is different. I run with another group that's a lot smaller and is going to have to grind it out on T3 content. In that case, the occasional GEO nuke would probably be a good thing, as long as you manage your MP to always keep bubbles up.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-09-30 21:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Nocki said: »
Yea, the higher the ilvl the higher the resist wall. Anything after ilvl 125 I think it was ends up being -60% damage to the following nuke. I personally don't even let my SCHs nuke whenever we're doing anything difficult (the exception is Schah's ads, everyone better nuke those *** dead), but on things of that caliber we have 3-4 BLMs. The main reason I don't want to have GEOs or SCHs nuke is because T5 will always do less damage than T6 and -ja assuming you aren't drastically outgearing the BLMs. part of the reason you parsed so high could because you're triggering resist wall for them and therefore nerfing their damage.
All that said, back when I used to single box GEO I used to carefully time my t5 to be at the very end of the burst window so that I wouldn't be casting over anyone else. And in doing that I was still able to get the feeling that I'm contributing in some way other than standing around.

Guess I'll have to watch more closely on bursting and adjust. Do you have a source for info on resistance rates beyond anecdotal? I couldnt find anything googling.

Carbuncle.Msoc said: »
If stronger Casters are in the Party I generally will Burst between them casting or enfeeble. Neak ? was the -PDT don't being broken usually he is killed in 3-4 thunder MB volleys.

We were getting DT off, took a while because people were slow on getting in and out to WS. What dmg do blm nukes normally do on him? Ive done him with group of 10+ before and was pretty much throw up bubbles and watch tv. we were trying to do a 6man strat ideally.

aigulfe said: »
I'm a BLM and a GEO (and a SCH) and I gotta say, if the GEO is winning the parse, the GEO isn't the problem. It's some weak BLMs. Obviously gotta let the primary casters get their nukes off but sounds like you did that. I havent done Neak all that much, just joined an aeonic shell a few weeks ago and we trashed him in no time. But yeah, typically GEOs on high-end content just put up bubbles or toss out debuffs or stuns. None of our GEOs nuke from what I've seen.. but each group is different. I run with another group that's a lot smaller and is going to have to grind it out on T3 content. In that case, the occasional GEO nuke would probably be a good thing, as long as you manage your MP to always keep bubbles up.

That was kind of my thoughts initially but figured i would look into it. Normally blms about double up my dmg few times I have done something with em.

We have been clearing stuff as a 4-5man group up till now. I have been doing the main magic dmg on stuff weak to magic, but need to add some people for T3 reis and beyond. Guess I need to adjust playstyle more.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-01 05:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Asked already some weeks ago, but looking for more input and opinions

1) Mab+12, Mcrit+5%
2) Macc+2, INT+14
3) Macc+7, INT+12
4) Macc+2, Mab+4, INT+8

Without getting too specific and staying on the surface, impressions on what you think would be the best option for GEO nuking?

I'm currently using 1 which is my old option, new gear opened up 2, 3 and 4.
Been lazy and haven't updated my set. Difference seems so minimal either way that I didn't bother to change.
I'm kinda leaning for option 4 as the "average best" of the four options, but I'm not really sure.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-03 19:42:13
Link | Citer | R

Maybe this is common knowledge and I'm dumb for thinking it used to work differently since all I went off on was my old Delve LS leader saying it worked, but in case there are any other misinformed people out there such as myself and my linkshell, Bolster won't automatically apply to an already-placed Luopan. Your Geoclosure spell *must* be recasted while Bolster is on for the Luopan to receive the Bolster effect. Your Indiclosure spell, however, does not need recasting. Rebolstering while Bolster is already on (being reset from Wild Card) does not allow your Luopan to maintain the effect either. You must once again recast your Luopan even if you Bolster while it already had the Bolstered effect. Never knew this until Lygre had went out and did a test himself. Hope we weren't alone in that misconception and this helps correct people!
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-03 19:44:00
Link | Citer | R

It seemed like this was the case back in Delve when I ran it so much on Geomancer, but it's nice to see confirmation.
By Nocki 2016-10-03 19:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for sharing Llew, I assumed that the geo bubble + job ability mechanics were common knowledge but apparently not.

More things people might not know:
If you BoG and then bolster, when bolster wears the luopan will still be blazed.
If you have bolster on, it is not possible to ecliptic, but once bolster wears you can ecliptic the leftover high hp bubble (assuming you have job points in bolster).
Widened Compass + BoG and placing a bubble 10 yalms away from the mob is the only use I have ever found for Widened Compass besides making your entrust bubbles huge.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-03 19:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Nocki said: »
Widened Compass + BoG and placing a bubble 10 yalms away from the mob is the only use I have ever found for Widened Compass.
I use it for first wave of Fomor Vagary! Malaise all dem ***.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-03 21:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Here is some random useless stuff for GEOs.
Entrust doesn't ignore Geomancy + gear(Dunna,Idris etc) it just only counts it on who is receiving the entrust spell.

Have a GEO(1) entrust a spell on another GEO(2) wearing Geomancy + and that spell will be buffed by it. You can then further buff it with Bolster with the GEO(2) that was entrusted. Also lets say you go to entrust someone and you happen to mess up and cast it on yourself the entrust will get eaten but your spell will recieve Geomancy + still.

Also I excluded the idea of the game just thinking the entrusted GEO(2) casted the spell because it was still using the skill from the GEO(1) that actually casted it(800) vs the entrusted GEO(2) (900).

All this is useless but just in case we some how end up with a Geomancy + gear for a different job later down the line it could help a little.

Edit: This also should mean if we some how could steal Bolster from a mob and the person who stole it was also the entrusted spell receiver. It would Bolster their entrusted spell. Can't test this ATM but it is based on the entrusted GEO being able to Bolster it still.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-10-03 21:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Wear Stikini Rings and Incanter's Torque if you're being entrusted boys .
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-03 21:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Finally a use for that Hike Khat, WHM's.

That also means someone could /GEO and it'd give them some base skill for a stronger entrust, totes worth it, right?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-03 21:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Either trolling or didn't understand the skill of the receiving player does nothing for it. Geomancy + only does(Dunna,Idris etc).

Edit: I updated the post to make it easier to follow and I also made it even easier to follow on this page Entrust Info
By Daemythos 2016-10-05 01:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Just some real noob geomancer questions regarding magic skill.

total is determined by adding Geomancy and Handbell together, correct?

Is geomancy more important then handbell? I'm chasing down some neck pieces to maco in when casting geo, indi-spells.

I'm still very fresh to the job.

thanks in advance
By RolandJ 2016-10-10 20:56:20
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 346887

Is this the ideal non-idris pet-centric luopan idle set? Pet-centric meaning it ignores maximizing self damage taken if it means giving up a pet stat from that equipment slot.

This set gives..
Pet DT: 38% (cap)
Pet Regen: 26
Self PDT: 20% (36 with DT)
Self MDT: 2% (18% with DT, 48% with WHM merited Shell5)
Self DT: 16%

All Telchine has 4% Pet DT & 3 Pet Regen. The cape is Nantosuelta's with 10 Pet Regen, INT, and M.Eva.

If you existed during the Abyssea primetime era you might get more mileage out of a nearly perfect dark ring in order to get a total of 8-9 MDT, which would end up with 48-53 MDT after factoring in DT and if you're getting WHM merited Shell5 or not. I wasn't around back then and I'm sure as heck not farming one of those now, lol.

Since I didn't see this set on the guide I get the feeling that I'm overlooking the very reason it's not on the guide. That's how it normally goes, lol. Thanks in advance!
By Nocki 2016-10-10 21:27:26
Link | Citer | R

It honestly wasn't in the guide for no particular reason. If you have idris, then you can use pet regen telchine gloves and you have capped pet DT and 26 pet regen. If you don't have Idris, you use the set you posted and it's cap pet DT and 26 pet regen. I figured people would be able to figure out the swap so I didn't post it. But I guess I can put it in the comment to switch out gloves/sucellus (or nibiru cudgel).
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-10 21:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for clarifying. It's good to know that I wasn't missing something. ^^

Ah, now that you mention it, Nibiru cudgel does have some pretty epic pet stats as far as pet stats on a easy to acquire, new-player friendly weapon goes. Vir'ava is pretty hard, yeah. But they have no reason to not farm Sucellus now that I posted an easy strategy on how to trio him! ;) http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49623/ffxi-strategy-videos/

Am I shamelessly advertising my video? Probably, lol. ^^;
By RolandJ 2016-10-11 23:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Hrm... Whadda you think, choose pet Magic Evasion or self Magic Evasion as the final stat on that telchine set? My current inclination is that, since my luopan is now functioning as a floating Aegis+HQBurtgang given that it has -87.5% DT, that self Magic Evasion might be more beneficial since my luopan will be taking almost no damage to begin with anyways.

What's some other peoples input on this? I'm especially looking for input from people who have field tested their decisions.

Also, did anyone ever get /groundtargetst to work with gearswap? I recall reading that someone was making progress with it about 5 months ago but I haven't seen anything on it since. I'd love to be able to place my geo-languor 7.5 yalms from Maju and such! Any word on that?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-10-12 00:19:43
Link | Citer | R

I think people have mentioned before in the thread that the luopan is not very high lvl (not ilvl or something?) so trying to add to it's magic evasion is probably pretty pointless. Would have to dig to see where the actual references are though.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 73 74 75