FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 18091 18092 18093 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 10:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Nice! Courtside or actually being in the stadium is, hands-down, so much better than watching games on TV.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-03 10:30:09
Link | Citer | R

huh?
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-10-03 10:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Misa, your pre-December Christmas avatar, disturbs me. It's pumpkin spice season!

Speaking of... PARKER make this place more festive. I require pumpkin spice flavors of all the things. Oh and get some gourds to put around. Be conservative though, don't want people thinking I care about some holiday. I just really like Autumn is all.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-03 11:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Nice! Courtside or actually being in the stadium is, hands-down, so much better than watching games on TV.
Well it depends on the stadium/seat you got. And also not everyone appreciates the stadium atmosphere the same way and prefers to enjoy sport as an alone-time.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 11:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Well it depends on the stadium/seat you got. And also not everyone appreciates the stadium atmosphere the same way and prefers to enjoy sport as an alone-time.

I really wouldn't think I would have to clarify that this is my opinion. Yes, I do agree with you, but this was spurred by Zero's previous comment since he's attending a NBA game.

Enjoying playing solitary sports as opposed to watching a game on TV?
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2016-10-03 11:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Depends on the sport. The NFL in particular is optimized for TV at this point, and is a much better experience at home. Basketball depends on the seats.

Hockey is trash on TV - if you can't be there, don't bother.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 11:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »

Depends on the sport. The NFL in particular is optimized for TV at this point, and is a much better experience at home. Basketball depends on the seats.

Optimized for sponsors. I can agree with that.

The last quarter of a basketball game is the most engaging and intense.

EDIT: College football is much more fun in-stadium.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-03 11:11:52
Link | Citer | R

No, I meant watch it alone instead than with other people.

My brother for example never misses a football game, but absolutely hates the idea of going to the stadium(but this is mostly cause the majority of italian stadiums are outdated crap and you can't see anything), and only accepts to watch it on tv with someone else if asked; but actually prefers to be alone, locked up, screaming at the tv with no one around.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-10-03 11:14:28
Link | Citer | R

The experience of being on the side lines of a NFL or College game does not seem to be captured on TV though. The constant violence from bodies crashing into each other on the line, really isn't transmitted or felt on television. It's a totally different experience. This is mainly to do with stadium cameras drawing viewer attention towards the play etc.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 11:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

The experience of being on the side lines of a NFL or College game does not seem to be captured on TV though. The constant violence from bodies crashing into each other on the line, really isn't transmitted or felt on television. It's a totally different experience. This is mainly to do with stadium cameras drawing viewer attention towards the play etc.

Texas A&M and University of Arkansas fans are terrifying! That's all I have to add.

The worst seats at Ranger's stadium are the upper tier above homeplate. You can't look down without feeling like your stomach dropped and you're going to spew since it's so steep. I hope they rectify that with the new stadium, not that we purchase seats up there now.

Edit: Reunion Arena used to have the same seating arrangement but for seats closer to the court. Scary!
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2016-10-03 11:23:37
Link | Citer | R

EDIT: College football is much more fun in-stadium.

Yeah, that's why I made it a point to specify the NFL, vs all American football.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-10-03 11:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Texas A&M and University of Arkansas fans are terrifying! That's all I have to add.

The worst seats at Ranger's stadium are the upper tier above homeplate. You can't look down without feeling like your stomach dropped and you're going to spew since it's so steep. I hope they rectify that with the new stadium, not that we purchase seats up there now.

Edit: Reunion Arena used to have the same seating arrangement but for seats closer to the court. Scary!

Yea baseball stadium seating in the upper decks feels like you're going to fall to your death at any moment.

Also back to watching the NFL in stadium. Has to one of the most annoying experiences in modern sports due to the volume of TV time outs.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-03 11:28:31
Link | Citer | R

feels like you're going to fall to your death at any moment

watch out for shirt cannons.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 11:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
No, I meant watch it alone instead than with other people.

My brother for example never misses a football game, but absolutely hates the idea of going to the stadium(but this is mostly cause the majority of italian stadiums are outdated crap and you can't see anything), and only accepts to watch it on tv with someone else if asked; but actually prefers to be alone, locked up, screaming at the tv with no one around.

TV yellers are annoying.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 11:36:09
Link | Citer | R

I can't help but think of this incident right now. The stuff of nightmares!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-10-03 11:36:23
Link | Citer | R

It's the best especially when it feels like the players actually listened to you through the TV. :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-03 11:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Misa, your pre-December Christmas avatar, disturbs me. It's pumpkin spice season!

Speaking of... PARKER make this place more festive. I require pumpkin spice flavors of all the things. Oh and get some gourds to put around. Be conservative though, don't want people thinking I care about some holiday. I just really like Autumn is all.

welp, if it makes you feel better.
Ill dress up xmasy for halloween, afterall, stores are already stocking up and selling xmas decorations now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-10-03 11:44:29
Link | Citer | R

It's the best especially when it feels like the players actually listened to you through the TV. :D
If only the broadcaster would listen as well and provide the replays one wants to see...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 11:45:11
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-03 11:46:36
Link | Citer | R

don't like going to stadiums, makes the game more boring, like in baseball, cant even see the ball. football is duller, and soccer isn't as fun, but the more tolerable if you get a nice crowd yell with.

would rather watch most of them on TV.

....not that I actually do. still boring.
[+]
By volkom 2016-10-03 12:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Damn you allergies. Between now and March is like he'll on earth here. Mold+pine+cedar+rag weed+other ***.

Hrrrgh *sniffles*
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 12:08:08
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Damn you allergies. Between now and March is like he'll on earth here. Mold+pine+cedar+rag weed+other ***.

Hrrrgh *sniffles*

Same. It didn't hit until yesterday.
By volkom 2016-10-03 12:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Hrrrgh *sniffles*

Got me Saturday morning. Ruined weekend. So I'm now drinking hot tea. Taking meds and about to eat (hopefully super good) tempura udon
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-10-03 12:39:38
Link | Citer | R

yep.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 12:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Hrrrgh *sniffles*

Got me Saturday morning. Ruined weekend. So I'm now drinking hot tea. Taking meds and about to eat (hopefully super good) tempura udon

Don't forget the scourge of allergy season!

Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-03 13:04:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
PARKER make this place more festive.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-03 13:11:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »