Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Lua Addon Ideas
Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30
By DaneBlood 2023-06-13 09:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Cloudius777 said: »
I’d like to see something like partybuffs but ONLY show the rebuffs that need removing

How is this different from setting up partybuffs correctly?
By Meeble 2023-06-13 09:29:12
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
Cloudius777 said: »
I’d like to see something like partybuffs but ONLY show the rebuffs that need removing

How is this different from setting up partybuffs correctly?

Someone else did the work of setting it up for you, obviously.

That said, here's what I use for PB WHM whitelist. It includes Pro/Shell(40,41), Haste(580), Barspells(100-112) and Auspice(275), can remove those numbers if you don't want them showing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [187 days between previous and next post]
By Gasho 2023-12-16 21:53:28
Link | Citer | R

hi

is there an addon that shows buffs timers on the party?
By drakefs 2023-12-20 18:18:36
Link | Citer | R

The timers plugin can show buff timers for buffs you cast on others. I do not think any addon can do timers for buffs cast by others on others.
By Shichishito 2023-12-31 05:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Is there a addon that dumps chatlog, specifically battle messages into a text file for later analyzing?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Beau 2024-01-27 06:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Addon named Logger prints all in-game lines into a txt file per character (separately per character also), therefore your chat filters matter. For me it also shows timestamps to the second, but you may need to use the in-game timestamp feature, but I forget. Definitely a useful addon for many purposes such as looking back as a battle sequence, finding missed /tells, time of deaths, etc.
By Beau 2024-01-27 08:52:23
Link | Citer | R

Shoutout to all the makers of addons of any caliber both past and present, yall are the real MVPs and frankly I think a lot of us would not still be playing/multiboxing without such great quality of life addons. There are too many useful addons to name but many of them I personally could not live without. And one of them is Superwarp.

I know a lot of us could really use Sortie warps implementation, especially for multiboxers like myself. I understand for any serious Sortie 8-boss runs you would likely not be multiboxing so using the warps on one character is not tedious or time-consuming.

In the meantime I’m looking for the best surefire method short of an addon. I’ll share what I’m using and am definitely looking to make improvements (windower scripts).

TLDR; until Superwarp (or NPCInteract for that matter) works within Sortie, I am resorting to various windower scripts and am wondering if anyone has better tried-and-true scripts/methods. I went from 4-boxing to 6-boxing recently.

In a macro I execute with /con exec up :
I use waits in between in character instead of send @all because I’ve found that when multiples chars target an NPC all at the same time sometimes the NPC can’t handle all the simultaneous requests. The following is used to enter/exit major NM fights and enter basements (not exit)
sortieup.txt:
This has been working fine if and only if the characters are facing the device well enough for F8 to target said device (you might have F8 keybound to something else but it’s standard key for target frontal NPC). Using FastFollow (0.2 yalms), my characters sometimes rotate randomly last second upon coming to a stop and then F8 won’t work for them. Then I have to babysit and alt-tab around to see who the culprit is, wasting time (Actually I keep my mouse cursor hovering over the PlayOnline taskbar icon to see an overview of the 6 instances to also see who missed).

I haven’t tried it yet but I wanted to implement a better version that incorporates a setkey for the lockon-to-target (asterisk on numpad) to target the device AS I’M RUNNING UP TO IT.

For other warps such as exiting a basement or for warping from Device C to Device B for example, you’ll need other separate scripts. Since the basement exit devices always seem to be in the crowded rooms with aggro I currently do it manually.

Looking for improvements or other tips to save as much time in Sortie farms as possible. FWIW I do E>A>B>C>G>D order depending on time and target the 4 roaming NMs for that juicy aurum coffer. SAM BRD RDM WHM COR COR(flex job).

I suppose this could be implemented in a script itself but I also have a separate macro to remove Invisible on all chars. /con send @all cancel invisible
By RadialArcana 2024-01-27 13:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Someone make a night and day addon, that shows a sun slowly moving down to show a moon and vice versa!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-22 17:22:07
Link | Citer | R

How difficult / annoying would it be for pointwatch to report the true ML? Right now, ep.master_level reports the ML based on your character's information, but under level sync all your character information gets updated to that synced level. Couldnt there just be an array added with all the XP needed and their levels, and cross reference ep.tnml to that array to report the true ML?
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-03-22 18:16:23
Link | Citer | R

That is what'd need to be done, yes, since the server doesn't actually send the true ML to the client except when leveling up. It probably wouldn't be very hard to do.
By Felgarr 2024-03-22 22:52:18
Link | Citer | R

It already exists via addon called "clevel"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-23 12:11:27
Link | Citer | R

>>Names an unofficial addon that doesnt exist on any of the commonly used addon repos

[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-23 15:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Are you *sure* you checked *all* of the most famous repos? Sure sure?

Anyway, adding it to pointwatch wouldn't be exceedingly hard but I doubt anyone has too much interest in doing so.

Feel free to prove me wrong, the code is published.
Serveur: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-23 15:45:10
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to make a distinction for being a mob's current target?
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-23 15:51:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

No, you can only tell who was the last person that the mob hit/acted upon, but not what its current target is. Those things are very close together but not the same thing.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-23 15:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

No, you can only tell who was the last person that the mob hit/acted upon, but not what its current target is. Those things are very close together but not the same thing.

Thanks.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-23 16:14:19
Link | Citer | R

I can usually find what I'm looking for by searching ""addon name" site:github.com".

ie:
"superwarp" site:github.com - loads up a couple repos with this addon
"debuffed" site:github.com - once again does a pretty good job of finding repos with this addon

sometimes I have to add ffxi to the search ie:
"anchor" site:github.com - pulls up a lot of non-ffxi stuff
"anchor" ffxi site:github.com - does a better job filtering to ffxi related content

however I got no usable results with any of the following:
"clevel" site:github.com - 1500 results that I'm not going through
"clevel" windower site:github.com - 0 results
"clevel" ffxi site:github.com - 0 results

but I was able to easily find your repo searching for lili ffxi github
By drakefs 2024-03-23 17:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Best functional troll ever?

Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-23 18:25:11
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »
I cant read the above post
we know

Also nowhere in my post did I say famous.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-23 18:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Respectfully,
*** you Drakefs, go gaslight someone else

Signed,
Best functional troll ever

I'll see how clevel works and see what I can do to implement it in pointwatch. Thank you Lili.
By Tanag 2024-03-23 21:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Are you *sure* you checked *all* (including mine) of the most famous (mine) repos? Sure sure? (check mine, Im famous)
By Beau 2024-03-24 04:32:39
Link | Citer | R

I wish porter moogles were inside mog houses so I could use organizer and porterpacker simultaneously. Is there a way to use Organizer to grab/put gear from a Nomad Moogle?? Then I could use both addons at my usual homepoint in Norg.
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-24 10:05:13
Link | Citer | R

(In fairness, I didn't publish the code until like 1min before posting my post)
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-04-20 05:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
How difficult / annoying would it be for pointwatch to report the true ML? Right now, ep.master_level reports the ML based on your character's information, but under level sync all your character information gets updated to that synced level. Couldnt there just be an array added with all the XP needed and their levels, and cross reference ep.tnml to that array to report the true ML?

Here's a super hacky implementation. This is not a good way to do it, but it technically works. I'm posting this now because I don't expect to have a real update ready in the immediate future, but if you're impatient you can make this change.

https://github.com/posimagi/Lua/commit/470baf2ceff88623aa64fc1c2f5ed22bedb91c2c
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-20 05:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Someone should make an addon that changes the selected size (1 of 3?) stat of your character, it's a number the server sends to the client I would think. Should be easy to change that, so people can have a tall or shorter version of their character.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-20 06:48:46
Link | Citer | R

I posted this ages ago when I was newer but I'm gonna throw it out here again:

Currently theres an addon, MountRoulette, that allows the user to type //mr and get a random mount from their list of unlocked mounts, and also dismounts with the same command if one's already on a mount.

Additionally theres an addon, MountMuzzle, which allows the user to either Silence the default mount music or replace it with a chosen BGM.

MY question/wish is; why can't there be an addon that plays specific pre-determined BGMs/Tracks for each mount? AKA best of both worlds, or more specifically a more customizable version of Muzzle

User can have access to a text file with each mountID listed and pointing to either ' ' blank, defaulting to regular mount music, or pointing to the chosen BGM#. Stuff like SetBGM lists all the BGM #'s so that could be easy to transfer over, I'm just unaware how MountRoulette works and whether or not each Mount has a unique ID it points to?

If I want to still use MountRoulette for variety, but it spits out a Tulfaire it can play Airship music, Crab = Manaclipper music, and so on, how hard of an add-on (or edit of existing add-ons) would that be to implement? I'd Love to have a set list of unique tracks that I can edit for each and every mount, to listen to tons of the classic tracks that you simply Never hear anymore in modern gameplay without going out of your way to encounter them.

TLDR: i'm aware specific mounts in FF14 have their own unique track. I'm essentially asking for this, but at the user's discretion
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-04-20 07:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
why can't there be an addon that plays specific pre-determined BGMs/Tracks for each mount?

It can, just someone needs to write it.

SetBGM lists all the BGM #'s so that could be easy to transfer over

Sounds like you just volunteered!

whether or not each Mount has a unique ID it points to?

Kinda sorta, Chocobos have chocobo music (whether they're the player's raised bird, or stuff like Noble Chocobo), all other mounts have the same song.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-20 08:35:08
Link | Citer | R

I can't write complex stuff like that, but I'd happily tip someone who put in the work. Just throwing out my idea for a fun QoL add-on / adjustment to an existing add-on. The question of why was rhetorical. The 'easily transferred over' was more the existing list of BGM ID's, not the code to interface with them.

The question about mount ID's was not the song they play, but the game having something referenceable to distinguish between each mount. Again, I'm not sure how MountRoulette works, but I'm operating on the idea that it throws each mount ID into an array and pulls one from it with a random number generator to summon. I'm likely wrong and its more complex and smoother than that, but I'd want something that adds and extra layer of references to pair each mount ID with a player chosen song ID that can be pulled and executed at the same time it chooses which /mount and back to zone BGM when /dismounted.
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-04-21 03:02:51
Link | Citer | R

I posted this ages ago when I was newer but I'm gonna throw it out here again:

Currently theres an addon, MountRoulette, that allows the user to type //mr and get a random mount from their list of unlocked mounts, and also dismounts with the same command if one's already on a mount.

Additionally theres an addon, MountMuzzle, which allows the user to either Silence the default mount music or replace it with a chosen BGM.

MY question/wish is; why can't there be an addon that plays specific pre-determined BGMs/Tracks for each mount? AKA best of both worlds, or more specifically a more customizable version of Muzzle

User can have access to a text file with each mountID listed and pointing to either ' ' blank, defaulting to regular mount music, or pointing to the chosen BGM#. Stuff like SetBGM lists all the BGM #'s so that could be easy to transfer over, I'm just unaware how MountRoulette works and whether or not each Mount has a unique ID it points to?

If I want to still use MountRoulette for variety, but it spits out a Tulfaire it can play Airship music, Crab = Manaclipper music, and so on, how hard of an add-on (or edit of existing add-ons) would that be to implement? I'd Love to have a set list of unique tracks that I can edit for each and every mount, to listen to tons of the classic tracks that you simply Never hear anymore in modern gameplay without going out of your way to encounter them.

TLDR: i'm aware specific mounts in FF14 have their own unique track. I'm essentially asking for this, but at the user's discretion

Done. Here's the pull request, no idea when it will go live but you can download the two changed files to get the functionality right now. https://github.com/Windower/Lua/pull/2351
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30