Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 188 189 190
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-10 18:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Edit: Also 95% of players think RUN is DD anyways. I got denied to ambu vol 2 PUG when they shout for tanks .______.
Myself along with all the other current RUNs in my LS started off thinking RUN was a bad job. We fell in love with it when we finally gave it a shot and played around with it, though.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-10 18:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'm sure /BLU is great on Kouryu, but you won't live long enough to see him without Epeo and 2100 JP because Kirin will one-shot you with a 3600 damage TP move.

Nah, blink spam is meta!

But seriously I have never taken 3600 or even 3000 damage from his happy hands clapping together. With food, gear, cocoon, etc it should be pretty rare for that to happen. Embolden that protect!
By Afania 2016-10-10 18:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Pafos said: »
I'm sure /BLU is great on Kouryu, but you won't live long enough to see him without Epeo and 2100 JP because Kirin will one-shot you with a 3600 damage TP move.

Nah, blink spam is meta!

But seriously I have never taken 3600 or even 3000 damage from his happy hands clapping together. With food, gear, cocoon, etc it should be pretty rare for that to happen. Embolden that protect!

I may be wrong but I've seen it gains dmg boost in an pt that isn't killing it fast enough. Idk what triggers it though, or if it's just my imagination.

If you just zerg it in less than 2 min it may not happen.

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Edit: Also 95% of players think RUN is DD anyways. I got denied to ambu vol 2 PUG when they shout for tanks .______.
Myself along with all the other current RUNs in my LS started off thinking RUN was a bad job. We fell in love with it when we finally gave it a shot and played around with it, though.

IMO It was pretty bad(both offensively and defensively) when it was out. Back when I started playing it it didn't have the parry rate it has today, and the job heavily rely on subjob and battuta being up to mitigate dmg.

But over the years SE gave a lot of equipment and gifts to boost it's offensive and defensive ability, it gained way more love and boosts than PLD and NIN IMO. Things like temper, high meva gifts, all that parry gift and equipment all weren't around 3 years ago while PLD already had multiple tanking legendary.

Although idk why every now and then I still run into people not knowing the job is tank.....or thinks it's worse than pld at holding hate.....
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-10 18:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Hey, the PUG RUNs are almost always worse at holding hate than the PUG PLDS!
By Afania 2016-10-10 18:58:53
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Pafos said: »
Hey, the PUG RUNs are almost always worse at holding hate than the PUG PLDS!

How's that possible! 95% of PUG PLD only know how to spam provoke macro every 30 sec for enmity!
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-10 19:09:52
Link | Citer | R

If I see a shout that only lists PLD as a tank and I want to join as RUN, I just send them a somewhat ambiguous tell saying I'll tank- it usually works lol
[+]
 Odin.Roundelk
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-10-10 19:33:02
Link | Citer | R

RUN's gear access and having all of it's JA's being removed by any type of dispel knocked it down so hard. RUN actually started to become good right around Delve 2 came out as it had access to Relic allowing it to get close to capping PDT and it's JAs not being able to get removed plus 5 HP bonus traits. Then it got even better gear and then gifts that make it the powerhouse it is today.

On DD though, yes it is extremely strong at the moment being damn well close to being top DD but let's not forget a major thing here. RUN's best WS is Resolution, a WS with an attack penalty on a job that cannot increase attack basically being attack starved. The only reason it is getting such high damage is because GEOs are flooring a mobs defense all over the place.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-10 19:51:06
Link | Citer | R

By Afania 2016-10-10 20:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Roundelk said: »
RUN's gear access and having all of it's JA's being removed by any type of dispel knocked it down so hard. RUN actually started to become good right around Delve 2 came out as it had access to Relic allowing it to get close to capping PDT and it's JAs not being able to get removed plus 5 HP bonus traits. Then it got even better gear and then gifts that make it the powerhouse it is today.

On DD though, yes it is extremely strong at the moment being damn well close to being top DD but let's not forget a major thing here. RUN's best WS is Resolution, a WS with an attack penalty on a job that cannot increase attack basically being attack starved. The only reason it is getting such high damage is because GEOs are flooring a mobs defense all over the place.

I'm not entirely convinced with this DD RUN OP trend, personally. In a zerg where mob def is floored WAR can use MS at least once, twice with wildcard. In repeated fights that you can't bolster nor MS it's tough to get higher attack than war drk.

Seems to me that WAR will ended up winning parse most of the time unless it's proven otherwise.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-10 20:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Regarding subjobs, on any fight where I can both tank and deal damage, which has included most of the big Aeonic 9 in melee strats, I sub SAM. Even in purely tank positions, I find Seigan + Third Eye extremely useful for dealing with large amounts of adds (such as WoC Wynavs, Ambuscade beastmen), especially when you need to reapply essential buffs like Phalanx. Most of this only applies because I'm using Epeolatry though. I do use /NIN for Byakko, Genbu, and Vinipata though (Yaksha moves are physical multihit).

I never unlocked BLU. #pureblood
Hmmm interesting, I always sub BLU on Vinipata.... but I'm epeo-less so idk which is better..... ._.

Also I don't see how sub blu a better choice than nin on kirin either. But maybe melee setup is different.

Regardless I don't think nin is that bad. I have tanked NM that's more ideal to sub blu such as seiryu(HF) with sub NIN and there aren't much difference in terms of survivability.
Well, if you're consistently successful, it doesn't really matter much. What's more important with Vinipata is keeping him in Yakshi mode (for a quicker kill), and potentially proc'ing him (I suspect it's landing an enfeeble when he's using Raksha Stance, such as Flash or Gambit). Seiryu's much more flexible since you can parry, reliably paralyze, intimidate, or even Larceny if you're desperate.

Melee Kirin is a short fight, not more than 3 minutes. As RUN, you can Battuta > Revit > Battuta and be fine for the whole fight. The real issue is keeping the rest of the party alive, which will depend on your setup and more an issue for BRD, GEO, and healers. You'd really focus more on damage output.
[+]
 Sylph.Ykfan
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-10-10 23:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Regarding subjobs, on any fight where I can both tank and deal damage, which has included most of the big Aeonic 9 in melee strats, I sub SAM. Even in purely tank positions, I find Seigan + Third Eye extremely useful for dealing with large amounts of adds (such as WoC Wynavs, Ambuscade beastmen), especially when you need to reapply essential buffs like Phalanx. Most of this only applies because I'm using Epeolatry though. I do use /NIN for Byakko, Genbu, and Vinipata though (Yaksha moves are physical multihit).

I never unlocked BLU. #pureblood
I never sj BLU for tanking T4.
I sj RDM for WOC, Erinys and Onychophora, sj WAR for the rest of the life.

And, getting a good WHM is the key for those fight.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-10 23:38:23
Link | Citer | R

My WHMs actually complain about how boring it is to heal a RUN. lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-10-11 07:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

and
Quote:
My WHMs actually complain about how boring it is to heal a RUN. lol

This. Erynis can be done without a true healer and I'm sure Onychophora too. Adds or not.

And old RUN mantra: no /RDM. Use /WHM if you really, really want diaga, self cures, self haste etc.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-10-11 09:22:33
Link | Citer | R

I've been noticing a trend of more RUN's subbing /WAR. Granted it' less so on the EN side, but for some reason I'm seeing a bunch of JP's going RUN/WAR lately. I'm begining to warm to the idea myself though I've really only JUST gotten used to finally using /BLU.

Honestly, I don't understand this thing with /SAM. I can still remember the ToAU days when Hasso/Seigan was introduced and doesn't Seigan still carry a recast delay? (albeit lower than Hasso's) I like my 80% Fast Cast too much to sacrifice it for a few "sword catches". (Sorry FFV reference, couldn't help it...)

An yes, honestly /WHM > /RDM since most RDM spells are already available to RUN anyway.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 09:48:40
Link | Citer | R

/WAR is good for zerging.

Smite, Attack Bonus, Double Attack and Berserk are all great for Resolution and Provoke is another Enmity tool.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-10-11 09:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
And old RUN mantra: no /RDM. Use /WHM if you really, really want diaga, self cures, self haste etc.
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
An yes, honestly /WHM > /RDM since most RDM spells are already available to RUN anyway.
Because a free 15%FC and 24 MAB are totally irrelevant to RUN.

I honestly don't understand why people ignore JTs when thinking about subjobs. Subjobs give you more than just spells and abilities, people.

(And before someone says anything about the FC, JT FC>gear, as that's more DT in those slots and less likely to get caught in a nonDT set... or rather, there'a more DT than 0 in a FC set when you only need to hit 65%.)
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-10-11 10:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Well either way, does Seigan still have recast delay+ attached to it? I'm not touching gearing for a while since people seem to get real touchy about that in here...
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-10-11 11:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Because a free 15%FC and 24 MAB are totally irrelevant to RUN.

I honestly don't understand why people ignore JTs when thinking about subjobs. Subjobs give you more than just spells and abilities, people.

(And before someone says anything about the FC, JT FC>gear, as that's more DT in those slots and less likely to get caught in a nonDT set... or rather, there'a more DT than 0 in a FC set when you only need to hit 65%.)

To my experience, I find way easier getting hit on midcast than in fast cast gear. And if you use Gearswap, it's just impossible.

About MAB, maybe I'm just gimped but I think Lunge/Swipe are very weak against CL150 due to resists. That's a nice question: how much damage you guys do on Reisen T4s?

Anyway, /RDM and /WHM are very niche and I can't see any reason to use any instead of /BLU for AoE hate. Possible? For sure. Best options? No way!

Quote:
Well either way, does Seigan still have recast delay+ attached to it?
Yes.
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-10-11 12:34:49
Link | Citer | R

AOE hate makes a pretty big difference on Erinys, especially if you're using THFs. If the tank doesn't get hate on the babies, every Cait Sith that does Mewing Lullaby will get killed by the babies immediately afterward, often causing them to reposition slightly. This can bump the THFs out of their sneak attack sweet spot without them even realizing it because they can't see anything that's going on. It also increases the SMN's BP timer because they can't build avatar's favor up to the max tier. That's not to say it can't be done, I've seen RUN/WAR tank Erinys successfully, but the fight was slower than it could've been.

As for RUN/WAR, I find myself liking it quite a lot. It's so easy! I despise Cocoon's short duration, keeping Foil up is bad enough but at least it generates decent enmity too so most of the time I'm spamming it anyway. Defender is weaker but lasts 3 minutes. Maybe once I get better at playing RUN (still kind of noobish when it comes to front-line jobs), I'll migrate toward using /BLU more often like you guys, but right now I'm just not a big fan unless I need the AOE hate. Otherwise if I'm not RUN/WAR then I'm usually RUN/NIN.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-11 13:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ykfan said: »

I've done them with trusts healing, which I guess can be better than a human depending on who's available. For Onychophora, we even used a WAR tank so we would all have Fusion WSs. I think healing is more an issue in fights like Kirin or Teles, where you're constantly exposed to aoe damage.

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Honestly, I don't understand this thing with /SAM.
With /SAM, you have the versatility to deal damage and tank at the same time, while having Seigan in case things get crazy. I don't have to spam JAs or spells when I'm meleeing because I'm often dealing as much damage as other DDs.

Defender's recast is way too long for what it does. In a world where Frailty exists, I really don't see Berserk being more useful than Hasso, either.

This can bump the THFs out of their sneak attack sweet spot without them even realizing it because they can't see anything that's going on.
Probably wouldn't get everyone on board with it, but if people replace the Amphiptere/Sanguiptere dat files with something simpler, like Apkallus/Inguza, it becomes incredibly easy to track where the back is.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2016-10-11 15:47:11
Link | Citer | R

What do ya'll typically do for job point farming? Soloing? Where? Party?

I'm starting off fresh, so would likely leech too much for an apex party.
By Treizekordero 2016-10-18 09:56:20
Link | Citer | R

In the CP parties I've been in with RUNs, I usually see them just tanking and hold hate and let everyone else SC+MB or DD.

I know full Meghanada +1, if you have it, is good enough on the acc/att side of things but the best setup is most likely getting 1100+ acc and working in as much double/triple attack gear as you can with that acc.

Best bet would probably mix and match Taeon gear with acc/TA+2 augments with Meghanada +1 gear.

Should be able to tank decently with AF/Relic/Empy gear too.

If that's currently out of reach.. I can suggest soloing in Escha Sky or in the higher level adoulin zones. Slower but it's better than nothing.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-10-19 03:16:14
Link | Citer | R

To master my RUN I did Resi AoE CP pts pulling, I took a Sword, Great Sword, Axe with me, subbed NIN and opened SCs for DDs while pulling and using Lunge/Swipe when the BLMs were aspiring to keep the chain going.

Ruinator from Axe, Requiest from Sword, Ground Strike from Great Sword opens or closes Darkness.

I kept Gellus Runes up for Lunge and Swipe
By Pantafernando 2016-10-19 03:41:32
Link | Citer | R

With some stp and haste a run can make light with dimidiationx2 for burst with thunder. That's what I did to master mine. Its slow for a single char doing self skillchain and hardly will keep the chain over 30 but the cp given is still decent.

Accuracy isn't much a problem with an aettir augmented.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-10-19 07:49:00
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
With some stp and haste a run can make light with dimidiationx2 for burst with thunder. That's what I did to master mine. Its slow for a single char doing self skillchain and hardly will keep the chain over 30 but the cp given is still decent.

Accuracy isn't much a problem with an aettir augmented.

Temper gift, max haste, and the following set and you can fill dual roles of SC-maker and tank:

ItemSet 339347

(I copied set from earlier in the thread... but Petrov, Dampening Tam and Kentarch +1 might work better assuming you eat sushi -- Montante +1 if you don't have Lionheart)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2016-10-20 02:14:43
Link | Citer | R

What's OP Savage Blade set look like nao
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-20 03:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Without checking, I'd assume:

reikiko / firangi / xx / seething+1
herc(str/wsd) / fotia / ishvara / moonshade
herc(str/wsd) / meghanada +1 / shukuyu / karieyh
ogma(str/wsd) / fotia / herc (str/wsd) / herc(str/wsd)

Swap Firangi/Reikiko if WSD works on offhand, or possibly single wield Reikiko with /WAR. Refuscent can replace Karieyh if you don't have it, or Shukuyu if attack capped, which isn't often on RUN without a lot of support.

Meghanada +1 in the Herc slots isn't bad if you don't have nor want to make a set of STR/WSD Herc. More base STR/MND, good att/acc.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-20 05:20:11
Link | Citer | R

There's also Lilitu Helmet from SR (with perf augs) for head. Might not be better than Herc with awesome augments, but I'm sure it's a pretty solid alternative.

As for the other slots the cheapest alternatives I can think of are uhm... Rawhide (A) for body, Samnuha (perf) for legs and uh, Lustratio (A) for feet maybe?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-20 11:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Night's a bit MIA so I'll be looking at updating this myself again soonish. Keep in mind I'll have to remake all the sets and stuff so it won't be a quick process.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 188 189 190