Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-15 06:50:05
Link | Citer | R

I am not sure how much better relic will be. I'd assume it'd be similar mageva, so it won't have that. It'll have enmity+ on it, we don't want. And only body/feet were even that usable at +1. I can see body/feet being decent TP pieces (and body potentially being BiS for evisceration) but I think AF will have more usable pieces than relic.

...and then Empyrean will ***on them both.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2016-12-15 07:00:52
Link | Citer | R

But what kind of timeframe would you expect be looking at for empyrean to come out? Given the current state of affairs I wouldn't be too concerned about it right now. I agree with you of course, but they're clearly not rushing new content.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-15 07:03:39
Link | Citer | R

In like a year, lol. I have no idea. We'll probably know better by the time relic rolls around, but my buddy said that probably won't be for a while. I'm going to see if I can get up to 5 cards an Omen run clearing all the trash, that'd make it a piece a week, which isn't terrible.
 Fenrir.Soily
user: Soily
By Fenrir.Soily 2016-12-21 02:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys,
Does anyone have an updated THF spreadsheet in Open Office format (or Google Sheets) ? I tried to use the Excel one that was posted a couple of pages back, but it takes a few hours to open it in OO, and unfortunately, once it's open, the file is completely broken and does not work.

Also, on a completely different subject: What's the content level of Omen ? I haven't tried this new content yet but is it possible to do something solo (with Trusts) as Thief ?
Otherwise, my usual setup with a friend is PLD + THF + either GEO or WHM dual box, would that work in Omen to start farming cards and stuff ? I read up on the Caturae bosses and they seem to be giant pains in the ***, so I guess those are out of the question for now but what about regular floors and maybe mid-bosses ?

Thanks !
By Ulthakptah 2016-12-21 15:32:11
Link | Citer | R

So this month's set Mummu, has a ton of magic accuracy and ranged accuracy. Has anyone put together a set to see how well it makes gashing bolts land?
By evilsub 2016-12-22 08:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Question for you guys, I am trying to figure out what legs I should be using for Mandalic Stab. currently using fully aug Samnuha Tights. I tried using Lust.+1 but I noticed about a 3k or so drop in my WS. What is everyone else using? Without SATA my Stabs are doing about 30k-50k depending on what I am fighting and the set up. Just looking for that extra boost.

Thanks
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-22 09:01:25
Link | Citer | R

evilsub said: »
Question for you guys, I am trying to figure out what legs I should be using for Mandalic Stab. currently using fully aug Samnuha Tights. I tried using Lust.+1 but I noticed about a 3k or so drop in my WS. What is everyone else using? Without SATA my Stabs are doing about 30k-50k depending on what I am fighting and the set up. Just looking for that extra boost.

Thanks

Lustratio is going to be BiS. That 3k drop is random chance, different mob, different buffs, etc. Mandalic is a DEX WS, there is no leg that comes close to competing with Lustratio+1 legs when it comes to DEX.
By evilsub 2016-12-22 09:05:49
Link | Citer | R

I will try them again, it was a consistent drop is why I needed to ask. Maybe my GS was messed up or something at the time. Thanks Lady
 Shiva.Tsukimoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Peco
By Shiva.Tsukimoto 2016-12-22 16:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, returning to the game and trying to figure out what gear sets are optimal now and what I need to look into getting. Can anyone hit me up with a couple sets or link me to something decently up to date? Looking for TP, various WS's, PDT, MDT, etc. Any help is appreciated.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-24 04:53:02
Link | Citer | R

So, just got my Sherida earring. Wondering if anyone wants to spreadsheet it vs Ishvara for WS? Hard to calculate the effect of DA truly, but wondering how far off they are and if DA+5 might make it worth it.
By Calinari 2016-12-24 04:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Well, DA for Rudra's is absolute garbage. So, yeah. Extra hits do like 700 damage QQ

But that's still better than 2%.

5Dex w/ the DA should clearly win, but numbers would be nice.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-24 06:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Also I've been adding a fair amount of +crit dmg and +WSD that going back to stats could be more worthwhile.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-12-24 07:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
But what kind of timeframe would you expect be looking at for empyrean to come out? Given the current state of affairs I wouldn't be too concerned about it right now. I agree with you of course, but they're clearly not rushing new content.
At earliest, April. Assuming they go a 2mo update style for Omen. (Unlikely but that's the best case I would expect... January for RF2 and February for RF3s would just be insane to expect.)

More likely it'll be June. 3 months apart.

Truthfully, I'm more interested in the relic set +3s. I'm kinda expecting the TH on the hands to cap TH alone in the +3.
Which (as they'd like to have super stupid Acc, while the empy feet would have normal high Acc) would mean one less piece needed to +3 and free up slots and allows TH full time in more serious DD builds.
But we'll just have to wait and see.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-24 08:04:25
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
At earliest, April. Assuming they go a 2mo update style for Omen. (Unlikely but that's the best case I would expect... January for RF2 and February for RF3s would just be insane to expect.)

More likely it'll be June. 3 months apart.

Truthfully, I'm more interested in the relic set +3s. I'm kinda expecting the TH on the hands to cap TH alone in the +3.
Which (as they'd like to have super stupid Acc, while the empy feet would have normal high Acc) would mean one less piece needed to +3 and free up slots and allows TH full time in more serious DD builds.
But we'll just have to wait and see.

If they put some accuracy on relic boots, they can replace herc. If decent accuracy is popped onto relic body, same thing. Empyrean is going to be silly though, empy head is still reasonably competitive to damp tam, it'll likely be BiS for TP, acc+55~ and TA+6 at least.
 Bahamut.Guapa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: mrlooolz
By Bahamut.Guapa 2016-12-26 06:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, just wondering. What is regarded as a good augment on Skinflayer?
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-26 10:24:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Guapa said: »

3 Triple Attack and as much DEX and Accuracy as you can manage. DMG too if it's your main hand. The best stone to use for Skinflayer is Taupe (Fern does not increase Triple Attack cap or affect its distribution.)
By Luthiene 2016-12-26 22:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, anyone got any updated gear sets?
 Bahamut.Guapa
By Bahamut.Guapa 2016-12-29 00:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

3 Triple Attack and as much DEX and Accuracy as you can manage. DMG too if it's your main hand. The best stone to use for Skinflayer is Taupe (Fern does not increase Triple Attack cap or affect its distribution.)

Thanks. another quick question got my hand on all the Lustario abj yesterday. is it the same path for all? and if so what path is that?

Assuming A or B and , D on the body?

The LS thf advised me to go with the Legs and feet only. But i forgot to ask which path.
By Boshi 2016-12-29 02:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Body Was path A but it was an unstack mercy piece only and is no longer relevant.

Legs B, Feet D.
 Bahamut.Guapa
By Bahamut.Guapa 2016-12-29 06:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
Body Was path A but it was an unstack mercy piece only and is no longer relevant.

Legs B, Feet D.

Gracias
By schwarzi88 2016-12-29 07:22:40
Link | Citer | R

anything more then DEX +4 on ammo slot ?
By evilsub 2016-12-29 08:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Have any of you awesome Thfs out there solo DD Kei yet? If so, how difficult was it to keep SC going with slow spikes? What was your PT set up? Right now I am running with myself as Thf, Idris Geo, Whm, Smn, Pld and a trust Brd or Cor depending.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-01-02 01:41:05
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 348763

It's not made to be that serious but where could you see yourself having fun with the above set?
Critical Hit Rate+:
Gear: 53%
Aftermath: 5%
Merits: 5%
Dex vs Agi: 0-15%

Toutatis's Cape Augment:
DEX+30 Acc/Atk+20 Crit.hit rate+10

Light Earring Augment:
Crit.hit rate+1
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-04 13:10:08
Link | Citer | R

So had someone ask to keep my sets updated, I updated to what I think is BiS for certain situations:

Low acc TP:

ItemSet 344092

Stacked Rudra:

ItemSet 344038

Unstacked Rudra:

ItemSet 348797

Exenterator:

ItemSet 346608

Magic Evasion:

ItemSet 347024

Let me know if I missed anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Guapa
By Bahamut.Guapa 2017-01-04 13:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So had someone ask to keep my sets updated, I updated to what I think is BiS for certain situations:

Low acc TP:

ItemSet 344092

Stacked Rudra:

ItemSet 344038

Unstacked Rudra:

ItemSet 348797

Exenterator:

ItemSet 346608

Magic Evasion:

ItemSet 347024

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks for this! good guidance. Can some explain to me what the difference between stack rudra and unstacked rudra
By Boshi 2017-01-04 13:29:50
Link | Citer | R

Thf is on that other new omen ring that's got agi10 also
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-04 13:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for this! good guidance. Can some explain to me what the difference between stack rudra and unstacked rudra

Stacked Rudra will benefit from Crit dmg% since SA and TA force criticals. Also the effect of a stacked crit raises pDIF (attack ratio) so DEX would be slightly better than when unstacked.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-05 06:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Hey all as a returning player im struggling to find a job to play as again. Before i stopped playing i played THF (got a 95 mandau - stopped playing before the ilv stuff really came in) and a MNK which now has some iLv gear from AF stuff.

However my love has always been for THF. Is it worth finishing the Mandau? Is THF still viable today? All i hear is BLU or BLM for DPS. My time isnt what it use to be. My love for the game keeps me wanting to play so here i am, adding to the returned numbers that be to Vanadiel.

So its as above, is THF viable today or am i better off working on a more "meta" job. I dont really like casters. Ive always enjoyed the more dps approach
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 262 263 264