(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208
By K123 2024-04-29 18:03:45
Link | Citer | R

In that case are the fetters only going to hit the RUN if spawned? What WS are the WAR and BLU using?
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-04-29 18:29:31
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
In that case are the fetters only going to hit the RUN if spawned? What WS are the WAR and BLU using?

WAR was using Calamity. BLU was using Expiacion. We positioned him in this little notch to both prevent knockback and the people behind would avoid the Fetters. Reviewing the footage we actually had 8.5 minutes left on the clock when he died. Cranked.

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-29 18:48:57
Link | Citer | R

First I've heard of Lahar being inaccessible during aura. Goes counter to how it's "supposed to" work
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-29 19:53:43
Link | Citer | R

It's lovely to see all us DRKs getting along so well. Some of us are even confirming our friendships in DMs and strengthening our bonds.

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
buttplug said: »
ItemSet 395516
Ankou's Mantle >
HP +60
DEX +10
Accuracy +20
Attack +20
Double Attack +10%
Damage taken -5%

I assume this is your town set, and you are showing an example of a cape you should never make. Very informative.

----------

As for Kalunga, we found WAR with Farsha pushed out a little more dmg and used that instead, but we also did the skillchains with each other. If we ever have to go back and unlock it again for someone, we might try not doing the aura, it just seemed risky and didn't cross our minds.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-04-30 02:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Ok, let's change the subject. I see on wiki someone claims they just Torc'd Kalunga V25 to death with no mention of making SC. Is this really a viable strat? Just try and melee burn it and not plan for breaking aura etc?

You mentioned your gear is the best on the comments above. So you go test it out and come back to tell us.
I mentioned it was the best for the context I was asking about. Not sure why you're so pissy, but I struggle to see how this is a recommendable strat. I think it is possible but would it be more reliable than other strats?
Pissy because you got pissy about a guide you don't understand or a job you don't understand.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-04-30 02:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
I suppose "guides" like this make no actual sense without reference to specific content.

The only way they would be useful would be if there were TP and WS sets classified for Sheol C, V20 NMs, V25NMs, and Sortie.
Or if you understood how to play the job at all and not think trust buffs are maxing you out on stats..
Noone has said that and I've literally written the opposite and suggested epam or niqmaddu for this reason. Keep trying though.
Keep trying what the fact you don't understand how trust buffs work and gear? A full page ago you said you had acc issues and listed trust as you buffs..
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-04-30 02:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Ok, let's change the subject. I see on wiki someone claims they just Torc'd Kalunga V25 to death with no mention of making SC. Is this really a viable strat? Just try and melee burn it and not plan for breaking aura etc?

You mentioned your gear is the best on the comments above. So you go test it out and come back to tell us.
I mentioned it was the best for the context I was asking about. Not sure why you're so pissy, but I struggle to see how this is a recommendable strat. I think it is possible but would it be more reliable than other strats?
Direct quote from one of your post so it just screams I pay for my clears. No understanding how drk can do kalunga but saying this gearsets are bad seems super stupid.
By K123 2024-04-30 05:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Oh look, justthetip having a mental breakdown over being unable to read English as usual. I have never paid for any Ody clears, and have multiple chars up to V25 T3s now. I am sorry your jealousy makes you so enraged.

Regarding Kalunga, my post was nothing about "if DRK can do Kalunga" but about the idea of pushing through without planning to break aura, which other posters here that are also better and better geared than you have also questioned.

Please keep trying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-04-30 07:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Oh look, justthetip having a mental breakdown over being unable to read English as usual. I have never paid for any Ody clears, and have multiple chars up to V25 T3s now. I am sorry your jealousy makes you so enraged.

Regarding Kalunga, my post was nothing about "if DRK can do Kalunga" but about the idea of pushing through without planning to break aura, which other posters here that are also better and better geared than you have also questioned.

Please keep trying.
Know what you right I'm just jealous of your use of anchor and not understanding gear while having better gear then me. I don't have a single ody clear and you got them all I'm just jealous clearly. Your mental breakdown is clearly right and everyone who quoted what you said is wrong clearly.
By K123 2024-04-30 09:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Please tell us how you translated this as "Can DRK kill Kalunga?" in your brain.

The question is clearly about the strategy - zerging without a plan to break the aura, and not about whether or not "DRK can Kalunga".
By Taint 2024-04-30 09:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Link me
By K123 2024-04-30 10:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Bottom of the discussion page but nvm - it does mention SC right at the end, that's usually mentioned higher up near the job roles.
By kasnuaku 2024-04-30 14:38:54
Link | Citer | R

we used for v25 kalunga ; drk, war (farsha), cor, whm, brd, run. took a few months to get but very simple once we got synergy of group down and mechanics of fetter, well the cadence.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-04-30 17:50:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm more surprised the tank kept hate with that much dps in such a small window and constant full dispels.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208