Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFXIII Lightning-Fang-Hope Combo
FFXIII Lightning-Fang-Hope Combo
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-05-03 17:53:21
Link | Citer | R

So finished the game about a week ago. Got most of the mark missions done. Would like to fiddle around with maybe getting a couple fully upgraded weapons. Questions is each character has several options to choose from, not sure which one to go with. ATM:
Lighting - With with Lionheart for the instant stagger ability. I've liked that one for tough bosses.
Fang - Going with Dragoon Lance for max strength, really haven't looked at others.
Hope - I have no idea.

Only other weapon I've wanted to upgrade is Marlboro Wand for Vanille to use in Adamantoise farming. Open for suggestions.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-03 18:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Lightning - Axis Blade, Blazefire Saber, Lionheart are all good choices.
Fang - Taming Pole, no contest. Utilise her massive strength!
Hope - Hawkeye for damage, Vidofnir if you want longer duration buffs (generally not worth the Magic loss with SYN level 5)

I'd go for the Belladonna Wand line on Vanille just because I love her debuffs being consistent. It does not help Death land rate if that's the only thing you want it for.

Light/Fang/Hope is an incredibly good team, though I think Fang/Vanille/Hope is the best turtle farming combo (unless you do the Sazh Blitz thing). The best party largely depends on what you're fighting though ...
 Seraph.Zoey
Serveur: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2010-05-03 18:00:39
Link | Citer | R

If you go with Fang first you can break her weapon and get 3 more of that mineral you need to upgrade more Ultimate weapons.

Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-03 18:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Zoey said:
If you go with Fang first you can break her weapon and get 3 more of that mineral you need to upgrade more Ultimate weapons.

I wouldn't do this until you are sure you have enough money to upgrade the others. Unless you actually plan on using the Death method to farm for the rest of the game, rofl...
 Seraph.Zoey
Serveur: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2010-05-03 18:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Seraph.Zoey said:
I wouldn't do this until you are sure you have enough money to upgrade the others. Unless you actually plan on using the Death method to farm for the rest of the game, rofl...

Death Method? Are you instulting ones ability to play a game or making a suggestion with no knowledge of what which you wish to insult? For all you know this guy is freekin Mozart with the staggering and then damage doing. Really this game is not hard.

Anyways OP check out www.gamefaqs.com if you can and check some of the hints there which are written by dedicated gaming faqers that will not insult you while giving hints. Gamefaqs is a great place to find a hint on almost any game. The guides I got use from there for FF13 is the one on Ultimate Weapons and the trophy guide to help what to do after beating the game on PS3.

As for killing turtles I have found the best character to use are the ones the jump into the air when Commando. When commandos are in the air punching its face Earthquake will have affect on the airbourn commmandos. So character like Hope or Sazh fair badly against the stomping turtles, not to mean that it can't be done with them, just harder.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-03 18:51:43
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Zoey said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Seraph.Zoey said:

Death Method? Are you instulting ones ability to play a game or making a suggestion with no knowledge of what which you wish to insult? For all you know this guy is freekin Mozart with the staggering and then damage doing. Really this game is not hard.

It's just inconsistent. I couldn't do it after a few tries. I could go for 30mins trying the Death Method and nothing would land. (Nirvana Debuff II want also)

Why so defensive? Sheesh.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-03 18:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Zoey said:

Anyways OP check out www.gamefaqs.com if you can and check some of the hints there which are written by dedicated gaming faqers that will not insult you while giving hints. Gamefaqs is a great place to find a hint on almost any game. The guides I got use from there for FF13 is the one on Ultimate Weapons and the trophy guide to help what to do after beating the game on PS3.

As for killing turtles I have found the best character to use are the ones the jump into the air when Commando. When commandos are in the air punching its face Earthquake will have affect on the airbourn commmandos. So character like Hope or Sazh fair badly against the stomping turtles, not to mean that it can't be done with them, just harder.

First of all, much irony with this statement
Quote:
Are you instulting ones ability to play a game or making a suggestion with no knowledge of what which you wish to insult?

because:

1. Death method is a very popular method of farming Adamantoises and Adamantortoises before you are strong enough to kill them consistently.

2. The best characters against turtles are the ones who jump in the air when it uses an Earthquake?

* You don't attack the main Adamantoise/Adamantortoise/Long Gui until it is lying on the ground, when it is not attacking.
* When you are bringing down the legs to get it to lay down, you do not jump when you attack it. You are vulnerable to its attacks.
* Sazh and Hope are both very powerful characters against turtles (Sazh arguably the best in the game if you know how to use him).

Have you fought anything above an Adamancheild?
 Caitsith.Blurr
Serveur: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-05-03 19:57:04
Link | Citer | R

my fav set up for everything, including long guis, was-

fang / lv3 taming pole (for physical and if magic increases accuracy as well as dmg), sazh / lv3 procyons (for longer stagger), and snow lv3 power circle. kaiser knuckles on fang and snow, and whatever farming ***on sazh.

i made the mistake of getting growth egg way early though imo.. ended up finishing the cyrstarium and selling it TO quick >.>

edit: my gui method was start in triple syn > faithra myself before ultima > shift triple sen for ultima > triple sab and put slow on the body part of long gui then debuff one of the legs > shift triple rav to stagger > triple com and highwind. with my fully upgraded kains lance(tamingpole), faithra, and debuffs, the dmg up to stagger and the highwind after were always enough for the one shot.

after the same was done to leg 2 i would triple syn for faithra x3, hastes, and try to hold out for enfires. shift triple sab / debuff > triple com and rape. usually got it down to like 25-40% and would require a second quick round.

triple sen for roars and ultimas, and kept hp decent with triple med.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-03 20:01:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently 0/144~ on Trap drops from all available sources so I'm having to do Long Gui the "ghetto" way:

Fang/Vanille/Hope (Paradigm order follows this)

Paradigms:
SAB/SAB/SYN (standard when debuffing the legs/Gui)
COM/RAV/RAV (standard DD combination; would prefer to have a RAV/RAV/RAV in there as well but lack the Paradigm room)
COM/COM/COM (for when Gui is at 999%)
SYN/SAB/RAV (what I switch to when it's just fallen down, so Fang can give everyone their -ra buffs + a fresh Haste - sometimes can do this before stagger to save time. Vanille debuffs in the meantime)
SAB/MED/MED (so I can get Slow back up while healing - important on Shaolongs)
SEN/SEN/SEN (for eating attacks)

This setup will allow you to beat the other ones as well when you are not able to absolutely decimate them (2x Curaja = godsend).
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-03 20:05:55
Link | Citer | R

I used Fang/Lightning/Vanille.
For farming I used:

Com/Com/Rav
Com/Rav/Rav
Sen/Sen/Sen
Med/Med/Med
Syn/Syn/Syn
Sab/Sab/Sab

For the major dewds (Gui's)

Com/Com/Com (once fully staggered)
Com/Rav/Rav
Sen/Sen/Sen
Med/Med/Med
Syn/Syn/Syn
Sab/Sab/Sab

Pretty much what Raey said, I just did it to the extreme. If I needed to buff, I just would mega-buff. If I needed to heal, I'd mega-heal. Debuffs? Mega-debuff. :D

Only do it this way if you are really quick with shifting Paradgims (sp?) as it is really, really risky.
 Asura.Despayn
Serveur: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-05 12:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Fang - Gae Bolg, gonna change this up to Dragoon Lance though. There's no reason for me to have counter considering I'm past the point where I need a Sentinel... besides countering is over-rated.

Lightning - Lionheart. Love the quick stagger.

Vanille - Belladonna Wand. Debuffing makes the game so much easier.

Currently sitting on these 3 maxed out weapons with all characters maxed out (I took my sweet time with this game cause I enjoy it so much). Turtles take about a minute 30 seconds to kill, since I don't have to use Eidolons or the Death method any longer. Highwind is *** broken.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-10 13:14:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious, being an FF fan, and just realising that I have money to buy a PS3 AND FFXIII, should I? Is FFXIII good enough to buy a PS3?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-10 13:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Don't buy a console only for one game.

So, I assume I can play said game without it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-10 14:07:01
Link | Citer | R

You could buy a 360 and play it on that if you're looking to save a bit of money.

But I buy consoles for the sake of 1~2 games anyway XD Slowly find more though, so meh. At least I have them just in case!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-12 11:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Does FFXIII have like NO explorable cities or side quests? It seems very liniar so far..
By semimmortal 2010-05-12 11:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Does FFXIII have like NO explorable cities or side quests? It seems very liniar so far..
Not going to spoil anything, but there will be halfway (along with side quests)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-12 11:03:29
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

So I will get to do smore free time exploration?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 11:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:

Pretty much no. You get a Calm lands like area, and pretty much told 'Have fun'.

Disappointing FF.
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-14 04:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
semimmortal said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

So I will get to do smore free time exploration?

You'll go to a somewhat large area near the end of the story, but there's really nothing interesting to "explore" for. The only kind of side-quest in the game is fights (which you've really already been doing the whole time), and end-game farming consists solely of killing the exact same monster over and over and over again for hours trying to get a 1% drop(sound familiar?).

Don't get me wrong, I did have fun with the game, but it was overall a little disappointing for a Final Fantasy and there was zero incentive for me to keep playing after I finished the story. I wouldn't recommend getting a PS3 for it unless there are a lot of other games you want or plan to get.