FFT A2 Grimoire Of The Rift? Should I?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFT A2 Grimoire of the Rift? Should I?
FFT A2 Grimoire of the Rift? Should I?
 Hades.Fathe
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Fathe
By Hades.Fathe 2010-05-19 16:29:54
Link | Citer | R

lol So evil.

To OP I would just find a used copy of FFT A2 play it for a bit then trade/sell it back if your not liking it.

Oh Has anyone's DS ever cut off as soon as they turn it on.

What i mean is the battery is fully charged (even swapped it out it my brothers) It turns on then cuts off right away.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 16:39:17
Link | Citer | R

FFTA2 is incredulously easy compared to FFT. I've lost missions due to stupid objective failures, but I've never "game overed". It's an enjoyable game and I love the job system, but frankly FFT (WotL) is a better game. Also there are plenty of sidequests in FFT.

Also; Penelo isn't considered a Viera, she's still a Hume when it comes to laws. She just has the Viera job-set.
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-19 16:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Get it. I have a friend with like 200 hours on his save file.

It might not live up to the original tactics in difficulty or story, but it's just as fun.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:24:14
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
FFTA2 is incredulously easy compared to FFT. I've lost missions due to stupid objective failures, but I've never "game overed". It's an enjoyable game and I love the job system, but frankly FFT (WotL) is a better game. Also there are plenty of sidequests in FFT.

Also; Penelo isn't considered a Viera, she's still a Hume when it comes to laws. She just has the Viera job-set.

The only thing that made FFT: WotL difficult is rushing to revive someone that died or you'll lose them forever. I don't find that challenging, I find that annoying. I enjoy tactics that involve someone having to die to distract or something.
By semimmortal 2010-05-19 17:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Buy?

But yeah, get the game. It's pretty fun and a nice way to kill time on the DS.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 17:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Viera used to be god tier in #1. My favourite combo with them was the one you mentioned above, SMN/RDM :p I remember going in link battles and just wiping the battlefield in the first turn.

Are they still as thoroughly broken in the second one as they are the first?
By semimmortal 2010-05-19 17:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Viera used to be god tier in #1. My favourite combo with them was the one you mentioned above, SMN/RDM :p I remember going in link battles and just wiping the battlefield in the first turn.

Are they still as thoroughly broken in the second one as they are the first?
Pretty much the same, but I think even more powerful thanks to the new special traits (Blood MP or something).
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:37:00
Link | Citer | R

I prefer Half MP since I can just use Ether Shell with my Cannoneer to give 60 MP, allowing me to use about 3 turns of Double-Cast Madeen.

You start out with 0 MP every battle, getting 10 MP each turn for that character, so spamming spells isn't as easy.

Seer/Illusionist is more broken than Rdm/Smn, though. Magick Frenzy + any Illusion spell = almost 150+ on each enemy. (uses the spell then attacks after).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 17:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Nice. Holy Blade or whatever it called used to be obscenely strong suddenly out of nowhere as well <_<
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Humes have a job called Pavilir (sp?) which is like a Samurai. They have elemental attacks that count as two hits. Give a Pavilir Geomency and it doubles that, doing like 500 damage a hit. Don't get me started on how strong a Ravager is...
By semimmortal 2010-05-19 17:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Well, with Blood Price (had to look online for it), it consumes HP instead of mp. I had an army of Vieras thanks to that.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Depending on who I would use, I may have not had a way to heal, so I'd just use Half MP.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 17:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The only thing that made FFT: WotL difficult is rushing to revive someone that died or you'll lose them forever. I don't find that challenging, I find that annoying. I enjoy tactics that involve someone having to die to distract or something.
There are hardly any "tactics" involved in FFTA2 when it gets to the point where you pretty much one-shot EVERYTHING. At least enemies scaled to your levels in FFT.

They did a good job "nerfing" jobs like Paladin, Assassin, and Blue Mage (latter two still both pretty ridiculous jobs), but then they introduced broken-as-hell Parivir, etc.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 18:02:26
Link | Citer | R

The last few missions include some zombiing, lol, but it is an easy game, I know that. I just didn't like FFT: WotL in general. I did like the auto-battle function when you know you pretty much won but don't feel like doing the commands. That would be sweet for FFTA2.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 18:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Main issue with WotL was massive frame rate slow-down during attacks. The translation is far superior to the original PS version, though.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 18:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Oh man, summons took like 50 years to finish because of the lag, lol.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 20:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Oh, also, Haseyo, if you think rushing to Raise in FFT was bad, there are plenty of turn-based strategy games that have no reviving at all, i.e. once you're dead, you're dead (Fire Emblem comes to mind).
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 21:03:14
Link | Citer | R

I never played Fire Emblem. I've watched someone play it though. Very...interesting.
 Shiva.Daimos
Serveur: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-19 21:12:04
Link | Citer | R

FFTA2 was a really fun game, but it felt much slower in the beginning compared to FFTA. The bazaar system leads to a much slower character progression early on, and until you can start auctioning for gear/territory. Sticking with a good job can be difficult when you have no skills.

Also, I didn't like how they almost completely got rid of the clan wars, instead you have to search out groups of mobs to grind(if you're stuck on a mission or something)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 21:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I miss the world map of the first FFTA. Always someone to fight. Most of the area fights are annoying as hell in this one anyway. I tried to skip as many as possible.