Anybody Else Freakin' About This Server Merger

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Seraph » Anybody else freakin' about this server merger
Anybody else freakin' about this server merger
First Page 2
 Seraph.Dnyce
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: drb775
By Seraph.Dnyce 2010-03-03 18:48:44
Link | Citer | R

I dont know about everyone else but im kinda freakin about this merger. Seems like S**t is gonna hit the fan. People's dyna/ein/salvage/and other scheduled events are gonna be all f'ed up. idk whats gonna happen but im not sure to be excited or be sad about whats coming.
 Seraph.Kep
user: Kepnerd1
By Seraph.Kep 2010-03-03 18:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Dnyce said:
People's dyna/ein/salvage/and other scheduled events are gonna be all f'ed up.

dyna/ein/salvage instanced = solution!
 Phoenix.Jovant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-03 19:01:05
Link | Citer | R

wow before server merge was even announced people was all like "boo whoo, i cant get parties for events/mission/quest because there are barely people online and the ones that are online done it already i wish SE would merge servers" and now people are bitchn about server being merged.. got damn its like u can never win >.>; if it anit one thing its a mothafucking nother
[+]
 Hades.Ruhjuh
Serveur: Hades
user: Ruhjuh
By Hades.Ruhjuh 2010-03-03 19:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Well, unless your going to quit the game, not much u can do about it so no need to be "freakin" out about it, can only deal with it and move on.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-03 19:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Salvage is instanced and won't be affected.
Dynamis will be greatly affected. Einherjar will be slightly affected as there are 9 chambers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stunx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-03-03 19:04:40
Link | Citer | R

well there is a bunch of diff dynas too, but the diff is they dont last 30min
 Sylph.Sindri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-03 19:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Yes you are the ONLY one in all of FFXI.
 Bismarck.Darklucifer
By Bismarck.Darklucifer 2010-03-03 19:06:10
Link | Citer | R

/welcome to Bismarck xD xD
 Leviathan.Stunx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-03-03 19:09:16
Link | Citer | R

pay 25$ to go somewhere else~
 Remora.Ryujia
Serveur: Remora
user: Ryujia
By Remora.Ryujia 2010-03-03 19:13:45
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand why people are freaking. Does change scare you that much?
 Asura.Ewhenn
Serveur: Asura
user: Bukka
By Asura.Ewhenn 2010-03-03 19:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Only thing I'm freaking out about is if there will be enough topics about this merge!
[+]
 Seraph.Dnyce
user: drb775
By Seraph.Dnyce 2010-03-03 19:17:18
Link | Citer | R

damn asked a simple question and getting beat the hell down....wont ever do that again
 Bismarck.Darklucifer
By Bismarck.Darklucifer 2010-03-03 19:18:54
Link | Citer | R

well if you say you r freaking out you should just say why we all know it will change stuff like dynamis etc but that will may last a few weeks and after that everything will be fine.
I prefer have more ppl do to missions events etc so ima chillin and c how it will b ^^
 Seraph.Giggles
user: Giggles
By Seraph.Giggles 2010-03-03 19:41:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm only upset because i wanted to keep my name and it looks like it's taken by someones mule. Yes dyna is gonna get screwed up but hopefully all ldr's can agree on a few changes to schedules so it's not too bad.
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-03-03 19:43:08
Link | Citer | R

The merge is a good thing the only things that will cause a lot of drama are endgame schedules but once people suck it up and talk to each other the drama will die down again. More people again will be a good thing.
 Seraph.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-03 19:43:08
Link | Citer | R

It's cool. I figure it's gonna be a little rocky at first. I just hope everyone recognizes this and is patient and allowing while it's all figured out.

Fairy.Tehwarmmilk
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Tehwarmmilk 2010-03-03 19:44:44
Link | Citer | R

No
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-03-03 19:45:10
Link | Citer | R

yeah giggles I can see how you would be upset about that but just keep in mind that the guy/girl on the server you are transferring to did not inflict that upon you SE did that and you are correct it is not fair.
 Valefor.Helsmire
Serveur: Valefor
user: Helsmire
By Valefor.Helsmire 2010-03-03 20:01:13
Link | Citer | R

I played Everquest when servers merged. There's going to be endgame drama, and it will take a while for the economy to stabilize. It's not the end of FF, the increase of player base will make a few things easier, Once servers merge give it about a month then its business as usual
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-03-03 20:05:38
Link | Citer | R

yeah I am looking forward to meeting all the fun loving people of Fairy as far as I'm concerned I am thrilled at the prospect of forming a party not taking a lifetime because no one is seeking.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-03-03 20:25:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty relieved that Carby didn't get shoved into a merger (almost certainly due to the huge JP population on Carby). I would feel pretty uncomfortable being moved into another server because I'd be worried about the "its our way or change servers" attitude that I fear will happen with a lot of other servers experiencing this. In a sense, if you merge servers then it really doesn't matter whos server it is to begin with because everyone is getting dumped into the same place. The only difference is that only one person gets to keep their server name. If they wanted to keep it fair they could have just merged two servers together and renamed it something new?
[+]
 Garuda.Sheila
Serveur: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-03-03 20:51:00
Link | Citer | R

I do not mind the merge! Hehe I get to change my name to what I originally wanted and get to meet new people~ Also will be easier to EXP now...
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-03-03 21:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Folks just have to think of it as a chance to start over and maybe do good for a change...
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-03 21:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Folks just have to think of it as a chance to start over and maybe do good for a change...

If you are bad I guess... are you? o.O
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-03 21:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Awesome Man! Couldn't of said it any way better. What a way to start with a fresh clean slate!
 Remora.Mataniah
Serveur: Remora
user: Mataniah
By Remora.Mataniah 2010-03-03 22:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jovant said:
wow before server merge was even announced people was all like "boo whoo, i cant get parties for events/mission/quest because there are barely people online and the ones that are online done it already i wish SE would merge servers" and now people are bitchn about server being merged.. got damn its like u can never win >.>; if it anit one thing its a mothafucking nother
 Shiva.Andytheraven
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Andytheraven 2010-03-03 22:43:20
Link | Citer | R

No reason to be freaking out about it for some reason people assuming like they getting two big worlds and putting in one. the point of the merg is that you getting a decent size world and a VERY SMALL world and putting them together. now am not saying theres not going to be any problems just not as much as people think they will be.
By Yourmomsfantasy 2010-03-03 23:07:33
Link | Citer | R

I think this will actually be a good thing. When I first came to Seraph there was usually 2500+ people online, and could usually find or put together a party fairly quick. Nowadays though, you're lucky to see 1000 people on at any time, and parties/events/missions take quite a bit longer to fill (I shouted once for 3 hours for a Nyzul Boss run).

So what this is going to do is just make it feel like it used to be. Areas will be livelier, parties can be found/made with a lot more ease, and while most of us are into endgame and all that, this will be a huge thing for new players, and make their time in FFXI that much more enjoyable.

As one person pointed out, it's kind of like getting a clean slate to start over, except you can still have all your friends with you.

And most importantly, you now have thousands more people who might just end up as your next friend in this game! I just don't see how this can be a bad thing. I am looking forward to being a part of the Bismarck population, and can only hope I can actually find more pet job enthusiasts such as myself!
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-03-03 23:12:29
Link | Citer | R

More people to party with!! More people you get to know!! Sounds good to me. You will get more *** out there to sadly. But the benefits far out weigh the issues.
 Kujata.Embem
Serveur: Kujata
user: embem
By Kujata.Embem 2010-03-03 23:25:22
Link | Citer | R

I think the only pain in the *** thing is that people are going to lose their LS's on the servers that are being merged onto others. I know I have 5 LS's. One for social, one for EG, one for einherjar, one from my IRL friends and one more for social. The fact that I'm going to have to seek out my LS leaders and get my pearlsacks all over again is the only thing that pisses me off. Four of my five ls's have 30+ people in them.
First Page 2