Gear Check Please!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gear check please!
Gear check please!
First Page 2
 Garuda.Glaciont
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-02-28 17:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Hey could someone go onto my profile and check out the gear sets for DRG I have setup please? I want to know if they're good or if something should be changed.
 Fenrir.Shambo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-28 17:41:47
Link | Citer | R

VERY *** GOOD, btw I was on garuda once but i moved cuz it sucked, then i moved to asura and realized it sucked then i quit the game and realize it sucked ^^
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-02-28 17:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Walmart Turban and Blitz Ring on TP
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-28 17:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:

And get an Assault Earring unless acc is capped in that set.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 17:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
This, also Aurum Cuirass and Astrolabe/Black Tathlum on both TP and WS. NHead and either NLegs or Ares' Flanchard... everything beyond that on WS depends on whether you can get a good critrate going or not, but even if you can't you'd probably use a similar set just for the accuracy. Ergo, Thunder Ring, Cuchulain's Mantle, Pixie Earring, and clean up the doubled gear (you have 2 leg pieces, for example).
 Garuda.Glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-07 18:11:27
Link | Citer | R

DEX > STR =/? lol damn my current set has +15 dex +49 STR...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-07 18:23:40
Link | Citer | R

It does depend on what you're fighting. If the mob's AGI is high you won't see much of a return from the DEX, so your ideal set can change depending on acc needs.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-07 18:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Can you cap dDEX? => DEX
If not => STR

In a nutshell.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 18:30:47
Link | Citer | R

A very solid TP set, though I would personally change from Askar+Ethereal to Turban+Assault for anything where you're not /mage. Anything else is extremely nit-picky.

Needs more work. Gearing Drakesbane really takes some effort to do correctly. For colibri only work towards a total DEX of 117, and if you can't get to at least ~108 I'd forgo DEX altogether and just keep gearing for STR/Acc as you are because that also gives excellent, consistant results. Always use your Love Torque over gorget for multihit, though.

ninjar edit: gearing for DEX for drakesbane (for colibri) is about to go the way of the Dodo with the increase of the level cap, so i'd be extremely cautious about dumping a lot of gil into that kind of build...

Nightfyre said:
This, also Aurum Cuirass and Astrolabe/Black Tathlum on both TP and WS. NHead and either NLegs or Ares' Flanchard... everything beyond that on WS depends on whether you can get a good critrate going or not, but even if you can't you'd probably use a similar set just for the accuracy. Ergo, Thunder Ring, Cuchulain's Mantle, Pixie Earring, and clean up the doubled gear (you have 2 leg pieces, for example).

As if everyone can just waltz into the mire and get Tyger to drop Aurum body, dump 8Mil for BTathlum or spontaneously summon nHead, nLegs or Ares Legs.

Ever heard of a gear progression?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-07 19:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I have. Guess what comes after Askar Korazin? Aurum Cuirass. Guess what comes after Tiphia Sting? Astrolabe (which you conveniently ignored me mentioning) and then Black Tathlum. NHead comes right after STR/WSDMG Galea unless you're moving through Maat's Cap. NLegs and Ares' Flanchard (actually, the entirety of my recommendations) were suggested because his sets aren't what he has now... they're labeled Dream DRG TP/WS Set. Learn to read.
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 19:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'm an anon forum troll.

Yup.

Speaking of reading difficulties, he already has all the items on his "wishlist". You're not very good at this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-07 20:02:36
Link | Citer | R

He has Love Torque but he's been wearing a Spike Necklace on DRG lately? Troll harder.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 20:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Nevermind, you're right. I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. (safeface.jpg)
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-07 20:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'm an anon forum troll.

Yup.

Speaking of reading difficulties, he already has all the items on his "wishlist". You're not very good at this.
Anon? lol at least try when you want to *** w/ the man. That makes 0 sense.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 20:31:44
Link | Citer | R

Too cryptic? Here you go:

You two are constantly posting garbage that gets interpreted as advice and then spend the rest of the day sucking each other's ***. With you its almost understandable as you actually have jobs leveled and gear collected (and are quite obviously extremely bored). Night has well, neither... which leads one to believe that's not the char he actually plays, hence anon.

I realize you actually knew thats what I meant but its more fun to tagteam with your trolling buddy so go for it.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-07 20:40:22
Link | Citer | R

lol, funny. And your advice? How many ppl PM you when they have questions? Most of us know what we're talking about. You're pulling ***out of your ***. May as well just go Korpg on us and go personal with it, because you're not going to be able to refute very much, if any advice we give on these forums.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-07 20:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Too cryptic? Here you go:

You two are constantly posting garbage that gets interpreted as advice and then spend the rest of the day sucking each other's ***. With you its almost understandable as you actually have jobs leveled and gear collected (and are quite obviously extremely bored). Night has well, neither... which leads one to believe that's not the char he actually plays, hence anon.

I realize you actually knew thats what I meant but its more fun to tagteam with your trolling buddy so go for it.
Retin and Gimmeursellables can verify this is my main account, I share pearls with them. Only reason I'm not farther along with this one is it's my second time around the block and I don't have as much playtime as I'd like. I respect Vegetto; he's helpful and knows his ***. Nothing cryptic about the advice, you're just that stupid. If respect = sucking *** then yeah, guess I've been doing a bit of that.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-07 20:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
lol, funny. And your advice? How many ppl PM you when they have questions? Most of us know what we're talking about. You're pulling ***out of your ***. May as well just go Korpg on us and go personal with it, because you're not going to be able to refute very much, if any advice we give on these forums.

[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-07 20:59:57
Link | Citer | R

LMFAO, bravo
 Fenrir.Shambo
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-07 21:01:45
Link | Citer | R

lol :D

hey look it's my friend vegetto
 Garuda.Glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-07 21:23:41
Link | Citer | R

AW! lol i knew selling my assault for ethereal would come back to haunt me. I'm trying to gear up for STR alot, since I would need like 60+ added dex to hit 117 . _.....

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
He has Love Torque but he's been wearing a Spike Necklace on DRG lately? Troll harder.

lol sorry, i was doing the Pulling the Plug ENM so i geared for level 50...
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Actually, I have. Guess what comes after Askar Korazin? Aurum Cuirass. Guess what comes after Tiphia Sting? Astrolabe (which you conveniently ignored me mentioning) and then Black Tathlum. NHead comes right after STR/WSDMG Galea unless you're moving through Maat's Cap. NLegs and Ares' Flanchard (actually, the entirety of my recommendations) were suggested because his sets aren't what he has now... they're labeled Dream DRG TP/WS Set. Learn to read.

what's wrong with my galea? +25 acc on a head piece is great!

Also O_o I would have included that stuff in my wishlist but as they say live within your means. AND ALSO... . _. i don't have all the items on my wishlist... yet.

AND ONE MORE THING! Screw Aurum body, what an ugly thing to wear XD...

Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 21:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Glaciont said:

This was actually my suspiscion. Good for you, most DRGs don't realize what a moneymaker this can be.
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Example of you pulling ***out of your ***:
Sword Strap>Pole Grip
Full Usu = Best for polearm SAM
Aurum Cuirass>Zahak's Mail for drakesbane
Joyeuse>M.Kris for COR TP

Do I need to go on? Just because you're a loudmouthed moron and people don't realize it and keep asking for you to repeat your stupidity doesn't make you one iota less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Garuda.Glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-07 21:42:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Garuda.Glaciont said:

This was actually my suspiscion. Good for you, most DRGs don't realize what a moneymaker this can be.

unfortunately i keep dying, I tried to kill the main one directly, brought it down to 40% before getting killed by his friend. I think the problem was i didn't have Call wyvern ready for 2hr
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 21:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Glaciont said:
unfortunately i keep dying, I tried to kill the main one directly, brought it down to 40% before getting killed by his friend. I think the problem was i didn't have Call wyvern ready for 2hr

The safest way to go about it (I've soloed this fight over 100 times in the last 2 years) is to bring both Psychoanima and Terroranima and use the Terror right before Psycho is about to wear off. And yes, you absolultely need to have a fresh Call Wyvern timer available before entering.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-07 21:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Glaciont said:
what's wrong with my galea? 25 acc on a head piece is great!
Ah, I assumed 15 ACC... ie STR/WSDMG. Really depends on whether you need the accuracy or not, but if you're acc capped NHead > *

Quote:
Also O_o I would have included that stuff in my wishlist but as they say live within your means. AND ALSO... . _. i don't have all the items on my wishlist... yet.
You asked for suggestions and gave no qualifiers as to what you could and couldn't get, so I took it and ran with it. I can adjust my suggestions based on what is obtainable for you if you like, but you'll have to tell me what events you do.
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-07 21:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Example of you pulling ***out of your ***:
Sword Strap>Pole Grip
Full Usu = Best for polearm SAM
Aurum Cuirass>Zahak's Mail for drakesbane
Joyeuse>M.Kris for COR TP

Do I need to go on? Just because you're a loudmouthed moron and people don't realize it and keep asking for you to repeat your stupidity doesn't make you one iota less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

And where the *** are you getting these? I talk to Vegetto on a pretty regular basis, and from what you're giving here, you're just making ***up. Also, if he did say any of that, he had numbers to back it up. He's not like a lot of people around, who will just say something and not give you a reason why.

If I do say so myself, troll harder.
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 22:03:15
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vincentius said:
And where the *** are you getting these? I talk to Vegetto on a pretty regular basis, and from what you're giving here, you're just making ***up. Also, if he did say any of that, he had numbers to back it up. He's not like a lot of people around, who will just say something and not give you a reason why.

cool story bro
[+]
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-07 22:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Nothing to back up your statement I assume?
 Garuda.Glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-07 22:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Yea I did that during my run, I unno it used knock back on me alot more and I guess not being able to 2hr @40% killed me.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You asked for suggestions and gave no qualifiers as to what you could and couldn't get, so I took it and ran with it. I can adjust my suggestions based on what is obtainable for you if you like, but you'll have to tell me what events you do.

Well, I'm doing limbus now. I just started Salvage and I'm lined up for um, ares pants first and ares body last. I'm not really good with HNMs either so I just don't do that ahaha. I unno I just got back from a 7 month break so I gotta get back into things hehe
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-07 22:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vincentius said:
Nothing to back up your statement I assume?
Oh, I'm sorry. You have no idea whether he said any of those things (even though you're absolutely sure he is right if he did!) but expect me to live up to some standard of evidence?

Here's a sad bit of news for you - I dont respond well to sycophancy.
First Page 2