Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Pets in Campaign
Pets in Campaign
 Garuda.Zyphos
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Zyphos
By Garuda.Zyphos 2010-02-09 01:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone actually know if a charmed or Jug pet actually provides DMG or DMG Taken exp?
 Remora.Belius
Serveur: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-02-09 01:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Yes, they do.

But just got to Pashow S
Or to Garliage Citadel S
Or to Grauberg S
or to Vunkrel Inlet S
and if you travel south of Meri Mount S where you OP, close to where you zone into Fort Karugo, you will find some Scorps on Widescan that are similar to the BST Yagudo NM uses. DC @ 75 so rip the place up pretty nicely. Reward gear advised, as the little Yags have lots of HP to plough through. Get one early on though in the campaign as it's a bit of a trek, otherwise grab the Torama that pop on WS close to the fort.

5k/stack for Zeta isn't THAT bad and frankly, solo EXPing BST on jugs alone is pricey.

edit: forgot jugner s!
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-09 01:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Belius said:
Yes, they do.

But just got to Pashow S
Or to Garliage Citadel S
Or to Grauberg S
or to Vunkrel Inlet S
and if you travel south of Meri Mount S where you OP, close to where you zone into Fort Karugo, you will find some Scorps on Widescan that are similar to the BST Yagudo NM uses. DC @ 75 so rip the place up pretty nicely. Reward gear advised, as the little Yags have lots of HP to plough through. Get one early on though in the campaign as it's a bit of a trek, otherwise grab the Torama that pop on WS close to the fort.

5k/stack for Zeta isn't THAT bad and frankly, solo EXPing BST on jugs alone is pricey.

edit: forgot jugner s!

To add to this slightly, if I have no use for my 2 hour, I wait near the telepoint and get the Mountain Scorps, the VTs, Charm and Familiar them as soon as the battle starts, and make the trek to the Campaign area. If you do this right when the battle starts, you should get there around the same time as the mobs, if not much later. I have SO much fun doing the smaller mobs with a VT pet. Nothing like seeing Death Scissors doing 1k or so on them, lol.

Pashow also has nice mobs if you're willing to make the trek, the slimes there are awesome pet. With food you can easily solo the smaller Quads.
 Remora.Belius
Serveur: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-02-09 01:53:41
Link | Citer | R

x.x I remember those. Evil critters. I familiared one and the campaign was dragging on for a while, it decided to uncharm and use death scissors on me :> 1.4k dmg. Instant death. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

This just spells out I need some HP merits.
 Garuda.Zyphos
Serveur: Garuda
user: Zyphos
By Garuda.Zyphos 2010-02-09 01:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Cool, thanks guys. I've been leveling slowly on BST (1st 75, started in '06) And I'm like 20k TNL, with no Sky, so I've been doing a lot of Campaign, and for some areas (MMountains, for example) The trek to get a pet seemed a waste if it didn't actually increase my exp earned.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Rilu
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-04-15 11:52:20
Link | Citer | R

probably will necro-bump, but I thought i'd weigh in on bst and campaign.

Bst is quite possibly one of the more efficient jobs to use in campaign, especially with a jug pet (Courier Carrie to be exact). With the addition of Snarl a couple years ago, this makes soloing mobs on bst very easy. I go Bst/Dnc to campaign and use either Ridill/Temp axe (with stones) and if I ever get in trouble with HP, I snarl and then just heal up and get hate back from the pet. Rinse and repeat. Normally, i'm the tank while others come and start beating on it, and its tough to get the mob off me at times. With the damage taken, damage healed, plus pet dmg bonus I rake in the exp and notes.

Not sure how much CCs are on other servers, but at 1K a pop on Unicorn, it makes it very very inexpensive. I do take advantage of the free pets at some of the camps (tigers in jugner, slugs in pashow etc) but for the most part I bring jugs and have a blast. Stack on the haste and attack gear, bring a shield, and just hack away!