Forum » FFXI » NMs » Vulpangue
Vulpangue
 Fairy.Disc
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-02-03 16:59:40
Link | Citer | R

I tried looking at the discussion page but I couldn't really find help with the strategy I had in mind.

I was wondering if this monster can be duo'ed by either a setup of MNK+RDM or THF+RDM.

I am interested in the hachigane, so I am looking into trying to kill him. The red mage would be dual-boxed, but the Monk and Thief would most likely be optimally geared. (Homam for THF, Full Usu for MNK, etc.)

If this is possible, can I get some insight on this maybe from those who have done it before? Thanks.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-03 17:11:31
Link | Citer | R

I saw shouts for this earlier ~

I looked on Wiki and it did say it could be duo'd but I didn't check to see testimonials

Random shouters in Whitegate seemed to think you needed BSTs and SMNs for it

Midgardsormr.Eliniel
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Eliniel
By Midgardsormr.Eliniel 2010-02-03 17:26:40
Link | Citer | R

My boyfriend and I have done this a lot. We usually take a MNK/NIN tank, RDM healer, and Bard for Marches and Ballads. The bard would Piannisimo Marchx2 the Monk. We also used to bring a SMN for added dmg. It was very effective this way.

We also went with a SMN army, two bards, and a RDM/NIN tank. The tank had some troubles but it didn't go too bad.
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-02-03 17:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Do you think it would be possible to kill it without the Bard in your first strategy?
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-03 17:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Disc said:
Do you think it would be possible to kill it without the Bard in your first strategy?
Would be easier to drop the healer job.

BRD is the pivotal job in very-low low-man strategies. 20% Haste (More than RDM) and 50% slow (Also more than RDM).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-02-03 17:39:19
Link | Citer | R

vulp has a very high attack rate without elegy or slow2.
if you cant get your hands on a brd you could try maybe doing mnk/nin x2 and a rdm for slow2 / heals. let the mnks bounce hate back and forth etc.

i usually trio this fight pld , rdm , brd myself :|
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-03 17:48:33
Link | Citer | R

I can give ya a hand when I get home in an hour or so
I have BRD and MNK
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-03 18:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Two good RDM/NINs can duo it.

2 RDM and a BRD would make it cake.

RDM, BRD and a NIN(or THF) could possibly do it.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-02-03 18:11:02
Link | Citer | R

i usually trio this fight as pld/nin , brd , rdm and its cake, could prob use a mnk instead of a pld but i would recommend taking a brd/rdm for elegy/slow2

he attacks at a fairly high rate w/o either of those on. with both a mnk/nin can tank just fine. double marches /haste help for shadows as well.

if you cant get your hands on a brd, you could try 2x mnk/nin and a rdm for heals/slow2 etc. try and let the mnks bounce hate back n forth. this method might work, but the above strat is a 100% easy win.
 Ifrit.Linksamus
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2010-02-03 18:18:46
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I've duod this at least 3 times with my friend Shaelah, and we did it as follows: I was on rdm/nin and she was on her smn/whm. Start by popping it, and immediately binding it so it cant eat you on the way to the nearby zone. There is a nearby zone with a puk in front of it (puk is easy to avoid). When vulpy gets close to you, just bioIII it (mine is capped, which is optimal). Follow this with a zone. It will slowly make it's way back to the the ??? spot. Shaelah would summon garuda and pred claws it right after I zoned. Btw, zoning resets recast timers, so use this to your advantage for recasting shadows. After pred claws, shaelah would zone so that she wouldnt get eaten by vulpy's TP move, wind shear (Ive seen it do almost 2k). Once I zoned back in, I'd poison II it. Alternating which DoT you use is important, so that it always has at least one on, and won't regen it's HP. Can use bind to help keep it close. This strat works extremely well, b/c bind will almost always stick, and it dies fairly quickly. Just have to watch for white wind, which heals it and removes 1 debuff. Also watch that you don't accidentally cast Bio with it already still on, or it may regen. Otherwise, I hope this helps. Also, it's tougher, but from my experience, it should be quite soloable using this as rdm/nin.
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-03 18:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Linksamus said:
Ok, I've duod this at least 3 times with my friend Shaelah, and we did it as follows: I was on rdm/nin and she was on her smn/whm. Start by popping it, and immediately binding it so it cant eat you on the way to the nearby zone. There is a nearby zone with a puk in front of it (puk is easy to avoid). When vulpy gets close to you, just bioIII it (mine is capped, which is optimal). Follow this with a zone. It will slowly make it's way back to the the ??? spot. Shaelah would summon garuda and pred claws it right after I zoned. Btw, zoning resets recast timers, so use this to your advantage for recasting shadows. After pred claws, shaelah would zone so that she wouldnt get eaten by vulpy's TP move, wind shear (Ive seen it do almost 2k). Once I zoned back in, I'd poison II it. Alternating which DoT you use is important, so that it always has at least one on, and won't regen it's HP. Can use bind to help keep it close. This strat works extremely well, b/c bind will almost always stick, and it dies fairly quickly. Just have to watch for white wind, which heals it and removes 1 debuff. Also watch that you don't accidentally cast Bio with it already still on, or it may regen. Otherwise, I hope this helps. Also, it's tougher, but from my experience, it should be quite soloable using this as rdm/nin.

From the sounds of this, seems like two SCHs could do this as well, just nuke/zone and keep Bio II on so it doesn't Regen, and to keep a helix on. This is only a theory of mine of course, I've never had a chance to try.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-03 18:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Stefanos said:
Ifrit.Linksamus said:

From the sounds of this, seems like two SCHs could do this as well, just nuke/zone and keep Bio II on so it doesn't Regen, and to keep a helix on. This is only a theory of mine of course, I've never had a chance to try.
I read somewhere that it's actually very easy SCH/RDM. Since Helix spells do so much damage with such a short cast time, loooots of NMs can be solo'd like this on SCH/RDM, DoT/zoning. Sure, RDM with Bio III can do the same thing but that takes hours, whereas I can solo Zipacna on SCH/RDM with Helix in under 5 minutes.
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-02-03 18:48:33
Link | Citer | R

So is it not possible to win with only MNK+RDM or THF+RDM then? Those setups are the only real options I have now, although I could get help, i'm mainly interested in being able to do this by myself without having to bother other people.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-02-03 19:11:33
Link | Citer | R

maybe thf+rdm with a really high eva build, i'd have rdm/drk to stun in case things go bad, but otherwise the above strat -- zoning and nuking would work duo.

edit- btw off topic, but nice stepmania videos ;o
 Midgardsormr.Eliniel
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Eliniel
By Midgardsormr.Eliniel 2010-02-03 22:21:48
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Disc said:
So is it not possible to win with only MNK RDM or THF RDM then? Those setups are the only real options I have now, although I could get help, i'm mainly interested in being able to do this by myself without having to bother other people.

From my experience(I've done this more times than i wish to remember), I think you could do it with a rdm and a mnk. But, as stated above Elegy would be very useful. As for losing the healer job, I wouldn't do it. The RDM had a hard time keeping up with MP, yet alone me on BRD. Plus, Slow 2 and the RDM haste helps out.

But yeah, it's probably possible but I wouldn't want you to lose a pop over it. I'd take a bard just to be safe :/

Also, a lot of people are most likely to need this. If we ever needed help, we would just shout. Usually, since the pop is cheap the helper would bring their own.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-02-04 08:30:42
Link | Citer | R

I don't think this setup is possible. The damage the mnk and thf would take with /rdm is very high. His AOE is very strong and gets stronger as time goes. Really need /Nin if you're going to be giving it TP.
I've never tried the DOT method, but reading the above posts it seems reasonable. Perhaps have a RDM keep DOTs on it and the monk chi blast + zone? Dunno. It isn't terribly difficult fight, but I'd advise not risking wasting a pop item with MNK/RDM THF/RDM.
I'd help if I was on your server ^.^ any chance to break out smn ;;
 Fenrir.Retin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2010-02-04 08:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
Two good RDM/NINs can duo it.

2 RDM and a BRD would make it cake.

RDM, BRD and a NIN(or THF) could possibly do it.

Only need one good RDM to solo. As for me, another party member joining my solo event is more likely to *** me up than benefit me in any way:(
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-02-04 16:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I just got done duoing it. I dualboxed the Red Mage, but basically what I did was do standard straight-tank and fight it on Monk for the first 90%. It was kind of hard, and you really need to make sure you always keep shadows up because wind shear can do 1000+ damage easily. At 10%, it becomes really dangerous because if you get hit by wind shear it's almost guarenteed death, so I just decided to do bio+zone on it for the last 10.

I am going to try it again in a bit.
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-02-04 17:10:08
Link | Citer | R

duoed it the other day as a BLM and a RDM. got a THF for TH4