First Page 2 3
 Hades.Kylos
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 09:20:19
Link | Citer | R

NM Hunting List & THF Solo Guide

Hello there fellow adventurers, this is a post totally dedicated to the Notorius Monsters in FFXI

The List below does not include any NM that are too difficult for a THF to solo or any useless NM that do not drop anything, or any NM that drop the new Aptant items.

Will also not include any NM that are fought in Missions/Quests, or any NM fought in battle arenas like BCNM ENM ISNM or any other endgame areas like Assault, Campaign, Dynamis, Salvage etc.

The only NM that are included, in this list below, are NM that you can go out, at any time, on your own, find them, and kill them, there are no NM in the list below which drops Rare/ex(except for the NM Zordonite who drops 2 Rare/ex and 2 regular gears).

The NM below are intended for a THF to go out to collect the rewards usually to sell on to the Auction House or Bazaar, or to keep the gears for a job they wish to level, or are already leveling.

The list i made below, the information i found came mostly from ffxicyclopedia.org so a lot of the thanks are to the people who gather the information there, please be nice as not all the information found may not be 100% reliable, please don't be negative if i got something wrong, just let me know, and ill make changes,

Thank you :)

For those less experienced players who do not know the lingo and abbreviations, i will explain here:-

NM = Notorious Monster
Lvl = Level of the monster
<pos> = A command used in game to find your current Position,
Placeholder(PH) = A monster you need to kill, or in some cases, leave alone, to spawn the NM you are hunting.
Claiming = To attack a monster and make it yours to fight
Outclaim = To beat another player to the NM, by quickly using your abilities to make the monster attack you

The Basics of Soloing on THF

Before i start this, let me say that my main job is DRK, but my second love is THF, which i end up on quite a bit, so i do have some good experience.

When you have finally gotten your THF to 75, and you have at least Treasure Hunter 3 (or 2+1 as some may say) you are ready to go out in the world and take on some nasty creatures for some money, here is what you may need.

Subjobs
You may get Ninja, Warrior, Dancer, Beastmaster and Ranger to 37

Ninja: Best for Soloing usually, specially if you can hit with bolts, using shadows and Dual wield are very useful, not the best claimer though

Warrior: Good to claim NM in small areas, Flee and Provoke is very quick and may outclaim the competition, downside is you dont have much to protect you against a high level NM

Dancer: This is the newest subjob for THF, it can be used to solo some hard NM, purely down to the curing power of the abilities Curing Waltz and Drain Samba, you also get Healing Waltz to cure bad status effects, try to make sure you have 300TP before a fight, and never use your WS.
It also can be used to outclaim, you can use Animated Flourish which is similar to provoke, you need at least 1 Finishing Move to use it.

Beastmaster: Some may use this, its a mix between Ranger and Warrior, you can use Wide Scan to find your NM quickly from far away, then Flee in, and use Charm for quick claiming

Ranger: The best to find placeholders and NMs, you get max wide scan range at Level 1! So even if you don't want to level RNG, unlock it and use it when camping certain NM that require Wide Scan, you will outclaim many others with this..

Equipment

You will need some good equipment at level 75 to beat some of the harder NM, there will be many you could probably beat naked due to the pure evasion power a THF has, here is what you should be aiming for.

ACC: You need ACC gears to get your TP up, having no Accuracy for your THF is like trying to have a bath in cold water, completely pointless

Haste: This will make you TP quicker, ACC and haste compliment each other, it will also lower your recast timers so you can use shadows more often, therefore you will live easier

DEX/AGI: You should know at this stage, that your WS and SATA are affected by these stats, get a nice setup going for your WS, Dragon set is good for new THF 75, so buy it

Evasion: THF 75 requires this so badly, as a Dynamis puller myself, the need to see as many misses on my screen as possible is essential, its the same when you go hunting NM, to beat the best you need it, along with Evasion Merits you should easily have 300+ Skill which will save your life

Below is a link to a good Evasion Setup, Thanks goes to Fathe from Hades for creating this, check it out! :)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=93068

Ranged ACC: Something i personally need to work on, some NM require that you need to hit as many Bolts as possible, some are more difficult to hit, you may wish to merit Marksmanship and get some Ranged ACC to help solo some tough NM

Ranged Weapon: By this stage you should know that a THF uses a Crossbow, and you should have Marksmanship capped out, try to get the lowest delay crossbow possible

Bolts: Acid Bolts and Bloody Bolts you should always have, Acid lowers defense, Bloody will drain you HP, you will use Blood Bolts more then any other. You should also invest in some Blind Bolts, and some Sleep Bolts, these will help you to kill some of the harder NM

Merits

Everyone merits up differently, personally i maxed out my evasion skill, and i need to work on a lot of different merits, Assassins charge is very nice for damage, Aura Steal may help you to get some good boosts from enemies, and Feint will lower a monsters Evasion quite well for a long period, meriting Dagger and Marksmanship skill will also do wonders for a full time THF

NPC Fellow

The NPC you can get is very useful, not just some company, but will keep you alive if he/she is good enough, you should work on getting this soon as you can in your FFXI career, and use it as much as possible, against strong monsters that your NPC can experience off.

Set your NPC to a healing type and he/she when they level up high enough will not just cure you, but will buff you with protect/shell, haste, and even cure status effects like Poison, Blind etc.

When your NPC is really strong, its like having your own personal WHM almost, and will help you a lot to beat those really bad NM that could kill groups of level 75 if they are not prepared enough.

Ok so now you know what to do, we can look at this list below, and ill explain it as well as i can

NM List Explained

This list below shows NM you can solo, it tells you the Name of each one, and which area its in next to it, i put the areas in Alphabetical order so its easier for you to arrange your days out

Next to that it tells you what type of monster it is, and what job it uses, i have not got the job for every single NM, so if anyone wants to fill in the blanks, let me know :)

Moving on we have the Level, now if you see a monster is 55+ you should expect a real good fight on your hands, and it will kill you if not prepared and skilled enough, you could always try it and if you are going to die, you always have the option of Flee lol

Next to that we have the positions of the NMs, bare in mind i got this information from websites, and they may not be 100% correct, so if you wish to let me know of new positions, let me know :)

The rewards list is nice, they are not the only rewards you can get from a NM, but they are the rare drops and all go for some gil, the % value underneath them was taken from the website, the drop rates may not be 100% correct, they are a guideline only

The spawn times just like the positions and rewards drop rate, may not be completely correct, but from players first hand experiences this is what they have come up with, next to that is the Spawn type which i will explain in detail here:

Time Spawn - The NM will just appear by itself after certain time has elapsed, nothing needs to be done but simply waiting.

Lottery Spawn - You need to kill the Placeholder, each NM is different and may have only 1 Placeholder, or several, the key is to find the PH, and keep killing it over and over, you may need to look it up if you want placeholder details.
It is Random if the NM will take place of the placeholder when its window is open, if the window is not open, killing the placeholder will do nothing.

Force Spawn - A NM that only spawns if you give a certain target (usually a ???) an item, once you trade the item to the target, or in some cases, repeatedly trading items to it, the NM will spawn and you can fight.
Its possible on some of these to Sneak pull it, you put sneak up then trade the item, and the NM will spawn unclaimed and you can prepare.

There are other types but are not included in this list so i wont explain further, moving on in the list, we have Fight details, if it says Easy fight, that's exactly what it is and you should not be afraid to kill it, every other job could easily kill these monsters too soloing.

If its a bit tougher usually i have put some notes on what they do, but not every detail on the NM are there, so if you really wish to know everything, look it up :)

The final part of the table, is extra notes, which usually lets you know about how it spawns, or if you need to steal gil, or if i need more information for the NM etc. If it says None then i have seen there is nothing extra i need to say about it, kill it and hope for a drop.

This list is a work in progress, and i will soon be bringing up a Rare/Ex gear version, which is completed, which may help a lot as well, if you have any details you wish to add, give me some proof of your discoveries, and tell me in a nice way and ill add them.

Any negative comments about this will not be answered back too, as i have spent a lot of my time working through this information to help not just myself, but the whole FFXI community, i hope it does because it kills my fingers having to type this much lol.

If you wish to download the NM Hunting list for yourself, you can download it from one of the links below, i have made different coloured versions of it, so you can get whichever you like.

http://kylos.webs.com/photos/FFxi/NM%20Huntoriginal.docx Original version(the one below)
http://kylos.webs.com/photos/FFxi/NM%20Hunt%20blue.docx Blue version
http://kylos.webs.com/photos/FFxi/NM%20Hunt%20Pink.docx Pink Version!

A good point i got from a friend, you could download one of these versions, then open it up in word, and Print it out, therefore you will be able to read the guide as you wish without having to switch windows :)

To see my other NM List, the Rare/EX version, follow this link:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6553

Happy Hunting fellow players! :)

Please, if you have ever seen these NM and fought them, and have any details, reply here so i can discuss it with you, and add it to the table, i cant update it without the help of you players! Thankyou

Money Drops!

Below is a list of Items which drop off NM in the list above, they are the most valuable items, according to the Median Prices, taken from Hades Server on 1/3/2010

Item - Reward - NM - Drop Rate

1) Hocho - 1.9 Million - Sozu Sarberry - (2.7%)
2) Alkyoneus's Bracelets - 750k - Alkyoneus - (5.7%)
3) Serket Ring - 590k - Serket - (7.4%)
4) Dark Spirit Pact - 450k - Viscount Morax - (15.4%)
5) Vampire Earring - 440k - Upyri
6) Harpe - 400k - Citipati
7) Cure Clogs - 296k - Bonnacon - (17.3%)
8) Astral Earring - 280k - Padfoot
9) Bravo's Subligar - 260k - Odqan - (6.9%)
10) Kosshin - 250k - Zoredonite
11) Mary's Horn - 224k - Stray Mary - (13.3%)
12) Volant Belt - 200k - Prankster Maverix
13) Tiphia Sting - 200k - Demonic Tiphia - (59.6%)
14) Spider Torque - 200k - Dune Widow - (9.4%)
15) Beacon Cuffs - 200k - Yal-un Eke
16) Light Spirit Pact - 200k - Sozu Terberry & Tonberry Kinq
17) Thunder Coral - 191k - Donnergugi - (14.1%)
18) Megalobugard Tusk - 180k - Megalobugard - (6.8%)
19) Cheviot Cloth - 180k - Ixtab
20) Bloodbead Earring - 150k - Leech King - (20.8%)
21) Taffeta Cloth - 150k - Manes
22) Heims Earring - 150k - Defoliate Leshy
23) Rabbit Charm - 150k - Jaggerdy-Eared Jack - (1.3%)
24) Avis - 147k - Emela-ntouka
25) Venomous Claw - 130k - Serket - (75.3%)

To be updated at a later time!
[+]
 Ifrit.Maverick
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Maverick
By Ifrit.Maverick 2009-12-14 09:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Nice list

Id like to see an extra column added, something like

NM Requirements

Kreutzet Bloody Bolts and capped Skill required
Alky Max Evasion gear at all times

Thanks for putting in all this work, much appreciated
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2009-12-14 09:40:16
Link | Citer | R

This was very much appreciated. Thank you, big time.
[+]
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Etoilemourante 2009-12-14 10:18:53
Link | Citer | R

good job ! 1 courage thief !
 Phoenix.Wayako
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2009-12-14 11:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the list~ I may try to solo some of those myself. :3
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:35:51
Link | Citer | R

gg for the thfs solo'ing Serket. Have seen one do it on my server and then the rest of them that tried got smashed (one even got smashed w/ a rdm). Good to see more skilled thfs out there. Solo on
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 11:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the nice replys, im aiming to make this THE list to come too when you want to camp some NMs, you can check it out on here, instead of trying to make your way through the many different sites, the Rare/ex gear list also tells you what the details on the gear your hunting.
Like i said though this is taking a lot of time, many days of my time to put this together, just watch this space :)
 Hades.Lisamarie
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Lisamarie 2009-12-14 11:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Nice job ky :)

I suggest you put this up in Wiki in HTML format with Links and everything, under the THF Guides category, when you have the time...
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-14 11:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Yeah.... That's a massive list already, but not nearly long enough yet. Thieves can destroy things with capped evasion / marksmanship. Blind Bolts, Acid Bolts, Bloody Bolts, Sleep Bolts... Just epic. The only problems they have are on mobs that rage due to their lower damage capabilities than a lot of DD.

I know I love going Sam/Dnc and Thf/Nin dualbox to pretty much anything. I can throw out good damage on the Sam for the Thf to SA + SB/Evisc light/dark sc on and then use Collab to tank on the Thief instead of the Samurai. Add in two lvl 70 NPC's and you're a force to be reckoned with. =D
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-12-14 12:10:29
Link | Citer | R

All i have to say is wow . So much effort put to make this great job dude.
By Vacian 2009-12-14 12:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Awesome post, I've spent a bit of time trying to find the different NMs' that I could solo or duo with a friend and while its not that hard this list makes it quite a bit easier
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 12:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Once again thanks a lot :D but this is nowhere near complete, you aint seen anything yet lol
 Fenrir.Retin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-12-14 13:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Heads up to solist THFs. From my own experience Manes and Citipati is doable, but only with the right choice of subjob(BST in these caes). Dagger damage -25-50% and tier 3 aga nukes with quite a few adds makes it incredibly hard. Citipati also charms, wich eventually will go off, depopping it(if it's past 4:00), or leaving you charmed for a good min allowing it to regen. Just a sidenote. Great list, and props to the patience of making it. GJ man!
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 14:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Updated with some basic information, better introduction, next i will update the table so its much easier to read, was just a template
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 14:34:14
Link | Citer | R

And a reply to Maverick from Ifrit, i don't think its needed, because those THF who go and fight NM as tough as that should know what they need, and how to fight it, if they don't then its a matter of experimenting to see if they are well prepared, geared and skilled enough.

Kreutzet is soloable by THF?? i did not add it to my rare/ex list, but if someone can give me some proof at all that its doable please let me know with some details

Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-14 14:46:29
Link | Citer | R

Applaud the effort.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 15:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Ok well i made the table slightly bigger, it will do for now, until my next edit, which i will do when i have new information to add to it.

For those who want their own NM hunting list, i will post a link so you can download it, it will be a Word document so you need to make sure you have that software if you wish to download it, from there you should be able to edit it yourself, add your own extra notes for your own personal use, or even change the table altogether so it becomes more relevant for your job, just give me some credit if you wish to pass it on to friends :)
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-14 15:40:00
Link | Citer | R

Stickying; I'd just like to say great job on this!

If you like, I can make this into a table with links and whatnot instead of an image; just give me a week or so after finals are over. :)
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 15:47:19
Link | Citer | R

Yes i saw that you made some tables, and i was going to do it in bbcode but i never done it with that before, and it would have taken me forever, if you wish to convert it into that with links, that would be better, i got one for rare/ex coming up, you could do the code, and send it to me in a message so i can edit my own post, so it shows at the end of it like my image does
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 15:50:02
Link | Citer | R

There is a thread on how to do the BBCode for that I think
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 16:08:45
Link | Citer | R

yea i looked at it, but i thought screw it lol, this will do for now, im still gathering info anyways, and at the moment the image seems off a bit, sorting it out
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 16:22:17
Link | Citer | R

Sorted, Ok if anyone wishes to update me on any of these NM, specially those parts in the table which has ??? or a comment in Extra notes saying i need more info, it would be much appreciated, i will keep the information, and then update it when possible.

Next ill be posting the rare/ex NM hunting list for a THF 75, should be cool :)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-14 16:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Kylos said:
yea i looked at it, but i thought screw it lol, this will do for now
Yeah, I'll admit it's incredibly tedious work, but for some reason or another, I find it enjoyable. I think I've stated before that I may have chosen the wrong major >_>;
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-14 16:57:11
Link | Citer | R

btw, I'm seriously considering THF to be my next 75, just because some of my best friends are THFs, I level Woodworking and can make my own bolts, and this table is piquing my interest. XD

And besides, I look hawt in a Rapparee Harness. :O

I probably won't level it "seriously" but just to the point where it's useful. PLD will always be my one true love. :3
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 16:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Hades.Kylos said:
yea i looked at it, but i thought screw it lol, this will do for now
Yeah, I'll admit it's incredibly tedious work, but for some reason or another, I find it enjoyable. I think I've stated before that I may have chosen the wrong major >_>;
You and your anal retentiveness!!!
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 17:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Personally i only levelled mine because of my old friend and mentor Seiya, who pretty much taught me so much about this game, and how to use THF, so i levelled it as a promise to him when he left the game,

When i got it to 75 and started to solo NM and pull for my dynamis ls, i found it to be amazing, but my true love is my DRK, my avatar explains that for sure :) lol
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-14 17:18:54
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Kylos said:
Personally i only levelled mine because of my old friend and mentor Seiya, who pretty much taught me so much about this game, and how to use THF, so i levelled it as a promise to him when he left the game,

When i got it to 75 and started to solo NM and pull for my dynamis ls, i found it to be amazing, but my true love is my DRK, my avatar explains that for sure :) lol
Aww, that's a great story; I'm sad your friend had to leave the game :( But it's awesome that you level a job in his honor. ^^
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 18:06:57
Link | Citer | R

He came back a year later :) and he still plays now, leading the linkshell he made called pegasus, the story is a lot longer then that lol, you got the extreme short version lol
 Fenrir.Ktjrn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2009-12-14 18:16:40
Link | Citer | R

have to give you a ton of credit, that's a very nice list made Kylos!

almost makes me want to level up thf right now
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 18:31:58
Link | Citer | R

You should :) its a great job, and once you got some Assassin Armlets +1 like me lol, its pretty sweet, and yes i know the +1 dont add to treasure hunter, its just cool to have the white box ;)
First Page 2 3