OMG. 300 mistral axe!! :D
First Page 2
 Remora.Belius
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-11 08:22:34
Link | Citer | R

So, after macroing in all the 'str' gear I have, I can usually deal about 300-400 mistral axes.

Without Martial Axe that is.

I think 300-400 Mistral axe is useless and I want to sell all the STR gear off and just keep acc gear on.

Thoughts?

Look at it from a BST perspective prz.

(Didja know didja know, a hume smn has the same str as mithra bst? shocking!)
 Hades.Kvazz
Serveur: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-11 08:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Uhm... Rampage?

Edit: For rampage you wanna make sure all hits land, so lots of acc.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-11 08:33:19
Link | Citer | R

Uhm... Primal Rend?
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-11 08:33:47
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Uhm... Primal Rend?

Even better.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-11 08:34:08
Link | Citer | R

CHR-based damage. What more do you need?
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-11 08:35:43
Link | Citer | R

So.. That is a yes and get primal rend?
Gotcha.

Edit: I'm insecure with my WS ;; I don't really understand anything apart from multi-hit = acc > str and modifiers can make magical things happen.

That macro for primal rend would be epic. As it is I have 38+ Chr before food.. And is primal based on magicatk too?

Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-11 08:37:01
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Belius said:
So.. That is a yes and get primal rend?
Gotcha.

Good choice.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-11 08:40:32
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Primal_Rend

~1150 /blm >_____________>

Sounds pretty hot.

Yes Matk, says Matk +5 = 5% dmg+ etc
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-11 08:45:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Uhm... Primal Rend?

My primal rends land for roughly 600 damage I think. Thats with 53 CHR and 12 MAB (Novio and Moldavite). I think you could potentially get rampage to land for more excluding super evasive mobs and high level NMs.

Granted it could use a little improvement, but I doubt I'll hit 700s.

Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-11 08:52:58
Link | Citer | R

And it saves me gear space too!

Wait, where's the lohar? o.O
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-11 08:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Probably laying on the ground somewhere in Ifrit's Cauldron. Killed the NM and immediately dropped the axe. Not worth using anyway.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-11-11 09:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Primal rend can get up to 900-950 damage with the right gear. Your rampage wont hit that on BST. Primal rend.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-11 09:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Aurilius said:
Primal rend can get up to 900-950 damage with the right gear. Your rampage wont hit that on BST. Primal rend.

I'd like to see this actually because I must be doing it wrong then.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-11-11 10:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Sub a mage job with magic attack bonus job trait. Equip an Ugga pendant, a martial axe, and increase your charisma. You should be able to get there.

Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-11 10:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Aurilius said:
Sub a mage job with magic attack bonus job trait. Equip an Ugga pendant, a martial axe, and increase your charisma. You should be able to get there.

Oh let me clarify... I'd like to see this happen in a real-world setting. When do you ever see BST/RDM or BST/BLM? Just because it can potentially hit that high of a numbers doesn't mean it ever will for anyone other than "LOL LOOK AT THIS DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
[+]
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-11 11:26:31
Link | Citer | R

Actually I used BST/RDM a lot soloing from the mid-60s to high 70s. All the added enspell damage (which gets no hate) could mean the difference between a pet swap and not needing one, plus fast cast on SS, Blink, and Phalanx are nice.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-11 11:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Aramina said:
Actually I used BST/RDM a lot soloing from the mid-60s to high 70s. All the added enspell damage (which gets no hate) could mean the difference between a pet swap and not needing one, plus fast cast on SS, Blink, and Phalanx are nice.

Mid-60s to high 70s is not 75 which means no primal rend >.>; I'm talking BST75s. Come on folks.

I'm not saying BST/RDM cant work, I'm saying if you go on your server and do a "/sea all bst 75" I can pretty much guarantee that all are /whm /nin or /dnc.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-11 17:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Ok, question from a non-bst.
What does \whm give you that's so important, that \rdm dont? just RR?
Or is divine seal concidered really important?
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-11 17:50:45
Link | Citer | R

It's pretty much RR. Earlier access to SS and Blink.
RR > Phalanx. As a BST soloist, you will end up dying a whole bunch and RR earings will cost you a fortune.

Usually, if say, you're soloing a NM. You will sometimes mischarm and die. You have to RR, blink, and get that pet and sic it on the NM before it regens.

This can happen a bunch of times during the fight.. And RR is pretty much golden.

And if you run away, divine seal with your limited mp pool can pretty much save your life. It will restore most of your HP, give you enough to blink, ss and grab a new pet while the NM is off running towards you. Provided you didn't loose agg :P
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-11 17:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Just a thought, but doesn't BST/SCH work? Seems like it would beat any other BST/Mage combo.
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-11 17:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Belius said:
It's pretty much RR. Earlier access to SS and Blink.
RR > Phalanx. As a BST soloist, you will end up dying a whole bunch and RR earings will cost you a fortune.

Usually, if say, you're soloing a NM. You will sometimes mischarm and die. You have to RR, blink, and get that pet and sic it on the NM before it regens.

This can happen a bunch of times during the fight.. And RR is pretty much golden.

And if you run away, divine seal with your limited mp pool can pretty much save your life. It will restore most of your HP, give you enough to blink, ss and grab a new pet while the NM is off running towards you. Provided you didn't loose agg :P

Yeah I guess:p Thanks xD
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-11 17:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Just a thought, but doesn't BST/SCH work? Seems like it would beat any other BST/Mage combo.
It does quite nicely, for the more experienced player!
I do recommend most Bsts to start off using /whm first, to get a feel for the mechanics of it then go /sch.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-11 17:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Kvazz said:

Yeah I guess:p Thanks xD
Anytime! :D
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-11 18:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Also /WHM gives more CHR than other subs (not sure about /DNC) But mostly for the reraise, stoneskin and blink.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-11 18:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Kvazz said:
Ok, question from a non-bst.
What does \whm give you that's so important, that \rdm dont? just RR?
Or is divine seal concidered really important?

<---BST 75 :P

I prefer /whm and /nin the vast majority of the time...
/whm for extra MP over /rdm
/rdm you get phalanx BUT a good BST should be having thier pet tank anyway, making phalanx a waste of MP.
RR and Divine seal become invaluable for those chances of death ect ect..

As for Eternius's question, i personally haven't done SCH for a support job however, it believe it will work better then /whm, just one focus BST is about keeping the pet with hate, i don't know how much hate the /SCH job abilities can get but it *may* interfere with hate rounds and switching.

Other then that back to topic Rampage>Primal Rend>Mistral Axe, for the most of the time...

This is generally my Primal rend set up total of +17MAB (Mirke=MAB+4) with uggy pendant in action and +33CHR not the best since i rarely use BST but it should be reaching high numbers nonetheless.
/NIN that is, no sane BST with support blm >.> and no good BST with sub RDM for my reasons i stated above.

I support Hypnotizd point of view that rampage with generally beat it however, primal rend is certainly useful against those physical damage resistant mobs and such.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-11 19:11:23
Link | Citer | R

I think I'll just stick to unlocking primal rend, and put the pimping up on it to a minimum.

Last thing I want to do is rip hate from the pet. >.>
By Odin.Quietgansta 2009-11-13 13:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Ive always wanted to test out Mistral Axe as BST/THF with a Martial Axe, so I geared up and headed to sky with ls.

Results:

Overall I think that this dmg is a lot more consistent and more reliable than Rampage, I dont have Primal Rend so cant do testing on that. :( Calamity was from 200tp with str/vit build.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-13 13:52:12
Link | Citer | R

/WHM also has the benefit of things like Erase and -na spells that you don't get /RDM (even if I like /RDM, I would /WHM more often).

Erase is a godsend when you're in Sky killing Pots and Dolls and eat either Gravity Field or Mysterious Light. Same goes for thinks like Blindna, Paralyna, etc. Ideally you're not tanking, but it doesn't mean you won't get hit with some AoE crap that enfeebles you. Too bad that you can't cast directly on your pet, short of Reward bonuses.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-14 20:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Oh I do love going BST/THF with jugs around when helping farming keys or anywhere in a party.

Snarling the hate away is a beautiful thing. Pet dies and it's not really that much of an issue.

It's also fun when you close light. It's awesome!

It's just getting to 100 TP that's a little bit of a problem. I have like a 10-11 hit setup! Haha.

I think Primal Rend is purely is based on MaB and CHR and doesn't stack with sneak attack?
By Odin.Quietgansta 2009-11-14 21:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Belius said:
Oh I do love going BST/THF with jugs around when helping farming keys or anywhere in a party.

Snarling the hate away is a beautiful thing. Pet dies and it's not really that much of an issue.

It's also fun when you close light. It's awesome!

It's just getting to 100 TP that's a little bit of a problem. I have like a 10-11 hit setup! Haha.

I think Primal Rend is purely is based on MaB and CHR and doesn't stack with sneak attack?

Ya it takes a while to get to 100tp. -.- And wow I totally did not know Primal Rend doesnt stack with SA, super gay.
First Page 2