Some VNM Questions...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Some VNM Questions...
Some VNM Questions...
 Leviathan.Tsukki
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-03-18 04:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Hello! I've been doing some vnms lately for various reasons and I had some issues finding answers to some questions I thought of, so I'm hoping someone can answer some of these:

1] Does TH affect drop rates? I know about the different cells and lights, but I keep getting mixed reviews about whether TH is an actual factor in this.
2] What's the best job for farming them? I've been doing THF in case it helps, but the kills are slow and I don't feel it's truly helping.
3] Which one is best for HMP? I hear both Aello and Uptala are good, but I want some other opinions ;-;
4] Is it better to farm the HMPs during the campaign or when its not going? I get mixed reviews when asking about this too.

Some extra info incase you need: I've been farming Bismark for the sealord skins yet haven't gotten any. I'm about to try someone else for now to actually get some HMP. I've tried both THF and DNC since my DNC does more damage and I haven't seen much of a difference in drop rates. Could just be my luck, but I'd hate to deal with slower kills if it isn't worth it. I'll take any and every opinion anyone has. Thanks for the help *^-^*
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-03-18 05:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Tsukki said: »
1] Does TH affect drop rates? I know about the different cells and lights, but I keep getting mixed reviews about whether TH is an actual factor in this.
2] What's the best job for farming them? I've been doing THF in case it helps, but the kills are slow and I don't feel it's truly helping.
3] Which one is best for HMP? I hear both Aello and Uptala are good, but I want some other opinions ;-;
4] Is it better to farm the HMPs during the campaign or when its not going? I get mixed reviews when asking about this too.
1. TH affects lights which in turn affects drops. However, the overall cap is TH+cells and you can cap it with just a cell. Spectral Alignment
2. Whichever you have best geared; I did my entire Almace rdm. Don't neglect atmacites, the SC dmg one in particular is nasty if you can self SC. SC DMG atmacite
3. Depends slightly on job. I did Aello for a bit but the buff stripping was annoying if she caught composure, for instance. I ended up swapping to Qilin for most of my hmp. I haven't tried Uptala.
4. I did my Almace during a campaign; I would imagine not having to screw with lights to be better. Dump a rubicund cell and kill. Edit: Buy rubicund cells with cruor, as you gain more from the fight than you use per fight.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-03-18 12:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
Don't neglect atmacites, the SC dmg one in particular is nasty if you can self SC. SC DMG atmacite

To add to this there is also some really nifty TP bonus atmacite

Atmacite of Dark Designs
INT+10 Magic Accuracy+10 TP Bonus +500

Atmacite of Latitude
MND+5 "Subtle Blow"+10 TP Bonus +500 Haste +3%

and if you need to to ws faster

Atmacite of Deluges
Enmity+15 VIT+15 "Store TP"+15 "Double Attack"+3%
[+]