PSA: March Update appears to have broken Sortie
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 19:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Were people really expecting SE to give us something?

They did last time, yeah a free sapphire was expected
[+]
By Tarage 2023-03-14 22:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Expecting? No. Holding the tiniest sliver of hope? Maybe.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-14 23:08:25
Link | Citer | R

Mr. Planned Misery expected SE to offer compensation because "oh noz no Sortie for 3 days".

They offered compensation for the last major Sortie bug because already earned Gallimaufry and Sapphires were actually lost. You expected compensation on potential loss? lol whats next, they should be comping you gil during extended maintenance?

They added extra time the campaign event when a the guilds in north/south san were inaccessible (and would leave any victims in limbo aka unplayable unless unless they know why they were crashing and were able to get out of the area quick enough when logging in). It also took them like 5 days to officially fix the issue.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-15 08:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Just want to add that they comped Sapphire and Gallimaufry at a time when Sortie was still a brand new event, not 8 months later when people have capped out Gallimaufry and talking about how "I'm bored of Sortie, I've upgraded emp armor for all jobs but I cant get a damn +2 earring for a job I actually play".

The only thing these two situations have in common are "sortie", thats it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-03-15 10:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Comping anything as direct handouts is silly. You're paying to play the game, why would you want them to give you free progress? If the system in place allowed them to give you like 3 free entry charges, that'd be a different story, but they obviously don't have infrastructure for that.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-15 10:24:03
Link | Citer | R

The empty gesture of a free worthless item is more insulting than nothing, that's why I expected them to do it.

And the precedent of the previous one, but inconsistency is the motto. Not even a sorry, either.

Just so we're clear, expected is not wanted.
By Seun 2023-03-15 13:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Yes, they should have acknowledged the issue and apologized. However, the only reason to expect compensation would be a complete interruption of service ie. you can't login to play FFXI at all.

Losing a few days of service is insignificant. Especially considering that "I finally got my +2 earring after 9 years of everyday Sortie" will be a thing.

Stop crying or your Ruspix plates will rust.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-15 13:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Maybe they raised Ridill droprate after fixing Sortie!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-15 13:57:09
Link | Citer | R

What precedent of "the previous one" lol

Outside of the previous time in sortie, in the 20 year history of this game, whens the last time they've comped actual items game-wide because of a bug? And there have been PLENTY of bugs over the years.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Serveur: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2023-03-15 14:07:27
Link | Citer | R

Didn't they also hand out free primeval brews because of some temp item glitch in escha zones?
[+]
By waffle 2023-03-15 14:14:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
Didn't they also hand out free primeval brews because of some temp item glitch in escha zones?
yes, https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59058-January-11-2022-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=641484&viewfull=1#post641484
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-15 14:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Slipped my mind. I didnt care because if you use Brew, you dont get credit for Aeonic kill, so it was useless.

Either way, this denotes a precedent for replacement of ACTUAL item loss, not POTENTIAL item loss.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-15 14:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Historically they've only ever really handed out items if a bug or *** up caused us to lose items. Theoretical loss of items such as not being able to play the game or an event (can't prove you'd have used those plates) has never been compensated. Only exception was the time the game went down due to the tsunami, but that was literally the entire game being unavailable for months. Think they gave us a couple weeks of free playtime or something, been a while.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-15 15:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but lots of people donated the Crysta they had banked towards the relief efforts too.