First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
By Izanami 2023-02-27 18:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Node 476
[+]
By Sesshmaru 2023-02-27 22:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Amazing Work!!

I have changed all my equipsets using your app. it real helped to reduce individual testings and doubts, Thank you again for the time you spent to make it and maintaining it till this day with updated equipments.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-02-27 23:04:20
Link | Citer | R

That pld Chant set looks janky. No Hjrandi or Skapata Plate, 2 pieces of Lustratio gear... that can't be the best set for that WS.
By Izanami 2023-02-27 23:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
That pld Chant set looks janky. No Hjrandi or Skapata Plate, 2 pieces of Lustratio gear... that can't be the best set for that WS.

As weird as it looks, that is the best set my code finds for the given enemy/buffs, even the Burtgang for AM3. Granted, critical hit weapon skills are the ones that are most susceptible to being incorrect due to how many variables go into their damage and my code only swapping two pieces at once.

If you lock the main-hand to Almace, then you get a more reasonable-looking set that happens to be only 2% "worse."

As a side note:
I think I need to try to make this thread just a link to a BG Wiki guide so we can get around waiting for so many sets to load each time the page refreshes. This won't be a real problem when this thread reaches page 2, but it is a very annoying problem right now. I have no idea where the "Create new guide" button is on BG Wiki, though...
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
Serveur: Asura
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-02-28 03:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Izanami said: »
As a side note:
I think I need to try to make this thread just a link to a BG Wiki guide so we can get around waiting for so many sets to load each time the page refreshes. This won't be a real problem when this thread reaches page 2, but it is a very annoying problem right now. I have no idea where the "Create new guide" button is on BG Wiki, though...

Damn amazing stuff, I love your work, that said on the wiki there's a specific template, if you reach out to anyone in the bgwiki discord should be able to set you up. I might be talking out of my *** but ffxiah gearsets won't import nicely to wiki templates.

I've been on the lookout for months for something to convert ffxiah/gearswap sets to the wiki template but no programmer seems to be interested (I love automating time wasting things but not a programmer). I'm definitely not trying to hint you could save my sanity and other people too if there was a parsing tool to go from wiki format to gearswap/ffxiah and back tho *wink wink*. (Also if I'm talking out of my *** and there's a tool you can bet no one told me -_-).

If you can't find anyone else gimme a poke in dms/discord/something and I can find some time to help out, been kinda busy lately but still, amazing stuff I'm more than happy to find time for xD
[+]
By Asura.Flaminglegion 2023-02-28 04:29:10
Link | Citer | R

This is fantastic!

As a side note:

You would just need to create a new page then add a link from the individual job pages under the Guides section. For example to make the page "Izanami WAR Guide" search for "Izanami WAR Guide" (browse to https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=Izanami+WAR+Guide&go=Go) then there is a link to create the page "Izanami WAR Guide" (or w/e you want to name them). I think you can bypass this step if you know the link it's offering you, or if you're using autowikibrowser you can create the pages you need. You only need to create the pages once though so might be quicker to just do it manually rather than bothering to make the list. It's also possible to organise the pages something like /Izanami Guides/WAR/ etc.

Asura.Neviskio said: »
I've been on the lookout for months for something to convert ffxiah/gearswap sets to the wiki template but no programmer seems to be interested (I love automating time wasting things but not a programmer). I'm definitely not trying to hint you could save my sanity and other people too if there was a parsing tool to go from wiki format to gearswap/ffxiah and back tho *wink wink*. (Also if I'm talking out of my *** and there's a tool you can bet no one told me -_-).

Regex and Autowikibrowser if you wanted to automate it.
Can practice regex on gearsets using notepad++ or w/e you prefer, you can find regex guides on google and autowikibrowser lets you run multiple rules in sequence if you need.

Need to go from:
To:

Example of regex:
[+]
 Asura.Lordtrey
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2023-02-28 05:22:22
Link | Citer | R

How can kentarch belt +1 be better than salfi +1 for SB on war? it has 2 less DA 2 less TA and 5 less str. all for 14 acc?
[+]
 Bahamut.Tattered
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tattered 2023-02-28 06:11:53
Link | Citer | R

White Mage and Geomancer can't use Sroda Ring.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-28 06:37:00
Link | Citer | R

For the most part, these sets ignore the TP bonus magian weapons. These weapons are generally not useful with high accuracy requirements unless you're given sufficient accuracy buffs. They usually do result in the highest weapon skill damage when your accuracy allows, though.

I would argue here. Most (if not all) top end game fights are done with suffcient buffs and mid end game stuff doesn't require as much accuracy.

Real examples:
- I used Thibron in Kalunga v25 on BLU without issue with just SV honor as accuracy buff.
- I use TP bonus on many jobs for segments with just honor march as only accuracy buff and I only have small issues with BRD (but my BRD is also like 21ML only).

ML20 WAR/DRG for 2-handed weapons

This is mostly incorrect too. 2handed WAR pretty much requires /SAM for hasso, otherwise you lose tons of DPS with just 67.85% delay reduction. The only exception is, when you have DNC in your party using Haste Samba.

ML20 DNC/WAR sets.

/WAR is probably the least used sub for dnc those days. /DRG is probably the best choice if you want to choose one.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-02-28 08:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lordtrey said: »
How can kentarch belt +1 be better than salfi +1 for SB on war? it has 2 less DA 2 less TA and 5 less str. all for 14 acc?
Kentarch is not better unless you really need the accuracy. I've updated the WAR high-buff Savage Blade set after rerunning it. Sailfi Belt +1 R15 wins. That was one of the typos that showed up while creating ~300 gear sets. I imagine there are a few more.

Bahamut.Tattered said: »
White Mage and Geomancer can't use Sroda Ring.
Thanks. I had it as "All Jobs" in the code, but I've updated it (on my local version for now) and reran the affected WHM and GEO sets. I'll check that it doesn't show up for other jobs that can't use it later.

SimonSes said: »
ML20 WAR/DRG for 2-handed weapons

This is mostly incorrect too. 2handed WAR pretty much requires /SAM for hasso, otherwise you lose tons of DPS with just 67.85% delay reduction. The only exception is, when you have DNC in your party using Haste Samba.

ML20 DNC/WAR sets.

/WAR is probably the least used sub for dnc those days. /DRG is probably the best choice if you want to choose one.

Thanks. I reran all of the two-handed WAR sets as WAR/SAM since the traits change. The only differences to the sets were that one of the mid-buff sets preferred Sroda > Regal and the high-buff Scourge set preferred Lugra+1. These were both very minor changes.

The 40% DT Chango TP set changes a bit too, but the difference is 0.4% in terms of TP speed (2.875s vs 2.884s; 9 milliseconds). I wouldn't really trust these TP sets much anyway. The user will almost always need to have the code find the "best" set, and then make manual changes themselves afterwards.

I similarly reran all of the DNC/WAR sets as DNC/DRG, including the Climactic Flourish sets. I noticed similarly few changes that mostly showed up when Climactic Flourish was enabled.

I'm leaving Magian weapons alone for now still.

Asura.Flaminglegion said: »
You would just need to create a new page then add a link from the individual job pages under the Guides section. For example to make the page "Izanami WAR Guide" search for "Izanami WAR Guide" (browse to https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=Izanami+WAR+Guide&go=Go) then there is a link to create the page "Izanami WAR Guide" (or w/e you want to name them). I think you can bypass this step if you know the link it's offering you, or if you're using autowikibrowser you can create the pages you need. You only need to create the pages once though so might be quicker to just do it manually rather than bothering to make the list. It's also possible to organise the pages something like /Izanami Guides/WAR/ etc.
Thanks. I'll look into BG Wiki guides a bit more later. I remember only going as far as figuring out how to automate the sets format since I hated manually adding gear to ffxiah itemsets. I just wasn't able to quickly find the "create new page" button on BG Wiki to really get started over there. I never would've thought to search for a page that doesn't exist to create it.

Small rant:
It was especially annoying to make sure that rings/earrings appeared in the correct order in the ffxiah sets. Epami looks best in the left ring slot unless you have Sroda Ring equipped too. Moonshade looks best in the left earring slot, while JSE earrings actually must go in the right earring slot. As far as I can tell, the order that FFXIAH places your rings/earrings is random. After creating >300 sets, I could find no consistent way to ensure that rings/earrings were placed in the slot I wanted.
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-28 08:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Just a small observation - the BLM Spiral Hell set shows the Shadow of Death set.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-28 09:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Despite saying that, you still used lots of magian :)

I see Hitaki for NIN, Thibron for RDM, Cento for THF and BRD, Kraken (not magian, but same concept) for RNG. You mentioned about being stuck with Thibron on BLU.

That's almost like all relevant TP bonus magian weapons+jobs combinations. Only one missing is probably DNC, which is kinda funny, because it has probably highest base accuracy with it (A+ weapon, Accuracy bonus III and 64acc from gifts) and Quickstep can lower accuracy by 44 and cant be resisted.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-02-28 09:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
That was one of the typos that showed up while creating ~300 gear sets. I imagine there are a few more.

I'm assuming ranger jishnu mid has one as well. Jishnu high has begrudging and regal rings, but jishnu mid has dingir and regal. I assume that dingir should also be a begrudging ring? The icons are the same so it's easy to overlook.

Also thank you for this. It must have taken a whole lot of effort to compile all this. It's extremely handy to have all this information consolidated into one place. Your efforts are appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2023-02-28 10:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Amazing work, and thanks!

Question about WAR TP set (for anyone here): Is the "Double Attack Damage Bonus" on Sakpata Head (via augments) / Agoge legs factored into the calc, and if not, do you think they would win out in overall DPS over the given TP set, assuming you still hit 100% effective double attack?
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2023-02-28 10:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Just wanted to thank you for your hard work on this! Looking forward to playing around and comparing some sets this weekend.
By Izanami 2023-02-28 10:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
I'm assuming ranger jishnu mid has one as well. Jishnu high has begrudging and regal rings, but jishnu mid has dingir and regal. I assume that dingir should also be a begrudging ring? The icons are the same so it's easy to overlook.

I assume this is probably the case, but it could be correct for the "Ranged Attack +25" in the mid-buff set and AGI+10 affecting Ranged Crit Rate. I can't check this for a few hours, though.

Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »
Amazing work, and thanks!

Question about WAR TP set (for anyone here): Is the "Double Attack Damage Bonus" on Sakpata Head (via augments) / Agoge legs factored into the calc, and if not, do you think they would win out in overall DPS over the given TP set, assuming you still hit 100% effective double attack?

I have not added "TA DMG" or "DA DMG" stats to damage calculations yet, but this shouldn't be difficult to do since I've already added the similar logic for Double/Triple shot on Oshosi. The TP sets shown are based purely on the time it takes to get to your lower TP limit, without considering damage at all. Empyrean AM3 and Relic procs are both already added, though.

I'll redo these TP sets based on damage and time per WS (or DPS), and include Empyrean TP sets after I add "TA DMG" and "DA DMG" stats.

I even used Centovente for the DNC Aeolian set! I at least tried to avoid the Magian weapons in the main sets like Rudra and Blade:Ten. I imagine only a few small accuracy swaps would be necessary to swap in magian off-hands in these sets, unless you have proper accuracy buffs.

I mostly just didn't want to see every "damage varies with TP" set include a TP bonus off-hand.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-02-28 10:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Odd question but is it possible to run the numbers without nyame or any oddy gear? Or maybe just have it set at R0?
I'm mainly curious for my gimp mules, but I'm sure there are plenty out there that have yet to get augmented gear.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-02-28 12:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Odd question but is it possible to run the numbers without nyame or any oddy gear? Or maybe just have it set at R0?
I'm mainly curious for my gimp mules, but I'm sure there are plenty out there that have yet to get augmented gear.

The code supports and includes Rank 0, 15, 20, 25, and 30 Odyssey armor and weapons. The Nyame set includes Path A and B, but only B is selected by default. You'll have to manually select Path A if you want the code to consider it.

You can see the Mpaca Doublet options in the image I include in the main post of the Select Gear tab. If you wanted to automatically select R0 Odyssey equipment, then you'd change the drop-down menu to say "Odyssey Rank: 0" and click "Select All" again, or you can manually select the equipment you want to test by just clicking on each of the check boxes.

I will not be creating item sets for R0 Odyssey equipment, but you're welcome to download the code and test those sets yourself.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-28 14:16:15
Link | Citer | R

I have not added "TA DMG" or "DA DMG" stats to damage calculations yet, but this shouldn't be difficult to do since I've already added the similar logic for Double/Triple shot on Oshosi. The TP sets shown are based purely on the time it takes to get to your lower TP limit, without considering damage at all. Empyrean AM3 and Relic procs are both already added, though.

Just so you know, Double shot damage increase damage of second shot, triple shot damage increase the damage of second and third shot, double attack damage increase damage of both hits, triple attack damage increase damage of all three hits. So mechanics for shots and melee are slightly different.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-28 14:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Just so you know, Double shot damage increase damage of second shot, triple shot damage increase the damage of second and third shot, double attack damage increase damage of both hits, triple attack damage increase damage of all three hits. So mechanics for shots and melee are slightly different.
WAT.

So let's say we have "Melee Attack #1" that procs a "Double Attack #1" during a specific attack turn.
You're saying that items with "DA damage + X%" are gonna boost not only "Double Attack #1" damage, but also the damage of "Melee Attack #1"?
That's so counter-intuitive, how did SE even come up with such a contorted system?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-02-28 14:28:34
Link | Citer | R

yes
 Shiva.Zerkles
Serveur: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2023-02-28 15:05:19
Link | Citer | R

I've been seeing this here and in the RNG thread - why STR ambu cape for some ws instead of AGI? ex. Coronach scales DEX/AGI but low/mid buff suggest STR cape.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-02-28 15:12:33
Link | Citer | R

fSTR2 is like having a 50% STR mod in addition to giving more ranged attack.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-02-28 15:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Thanks. I had not looked into it yet, but I was planning to add it the same as Double/Triple shot where only the extra hits got boosted.

Shiva.Zerkles said: »
I've been seeing this here and in the RNG thread - why STR ambu cape for some ws instead of AGI? ex. Coronach scales DEX/AGI but low/mid buff suggest STR cape.
STR provides ranged attack (and fSTR like Austar mentioned), which may be needed with low/mid buffs. Using a STR cape is probably not much better than using a WSC-focused cape anyway.

On an unrelated note:
It turns out that all of the H2H sets are currently broken. I previously adjusted how H2H WSs were handled in the code by giving them an "off-hand" attack so I could properly handle TP generation. Unfortunately I had forgotten to give that off-hand attack any attack or accuracy. I've fixed this on my laptop pretty easily, but I'd like to confirm that was the only issue before I push the update to GitHub. For now, the MNK section is just hidden in a spoiler. I'll update these sets later.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-02-28 15:41:36
Link | Citer | R

hey, just letting you know that the WAR node says WAR/WAR for 2-h, which i assume is meant to be WAR/SAM
[+]
By Gyokoro 2023-02-28 16:13:12
Link | Citer | R

For the RDM Sanguine Blade set, it has Baetyl Pendant listed. I've never tested for this, but noticed a little while back that BG Wiki has the dStat for Sanguine listed a dINT ( (pINT - mINT) * 2 ). So, obviously, MND (and STR) with MAB and M. Acc. are great for the WS. But if INT is the dStat for Sanguine, wouldn't "free" extra INT be worthwhile?

I ask, because I figured Duelist Torque +2 would be pretty great for this WS then. You'll sacrifice 13 MAB from the Baetyl Pendant, but gain 15 MND for the Stat Mod., 15 INT for the dStat, and 30 M.Acc besides.

If that's too much MAB to lose, would Sybil Scarf then surpass Baetyl? Lose 3 MAB, but gain 10 INT for the dStat?

If the program is already accounting for the INT dStat on Sanguine, I guess that 3 MAB gain just pulls ahead. Figured I'd check, though, in case this aspect of Sanguine might have been overlooked.

Thanks for all the hard work!
By Izanami 2023-02-28 17:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Gyokoro said: »
For the RDM Sanguine Blade set, it has Baetyl Pendant listed. I've never tested for this, but noticed a little while back that BG Wiki has the dStat for Sanguine listed a dINT ( (pINT - mINT) * 2 ). So, obviously, MND (and STR) with MAB and M. Acc. are great for the WS. But if INT is the dStat for Sanguine, wouldn't "free" extra INT be worthwhile?

I ask, because I figured Duelist Torque +2 would be pretty great for this WS then. You'll sacrifice 13 MAB from the Baetyl Pendant, but gain 15 MND for the Stat Mod., 15 INT for the dStat, and 30 M.Acc besides.

If that's too much MAB to lose, would Sybil Scarf then surpass Baetyl? Lose 3 MAB, but gain 10 INT for the dStat?

If the program is already accounting for the INT dStat on Sanguine, I guess that 3 MAB gain just pulls ahead. Figured I'd check, though, in case this aspect of Sanguine might have been overlooked.

Fotia, Baetyl, Sibyl, and Duelist's Torque +2 are all about equal for that Sanguine Blade (which has no published dINT cap). The "winning" item depends on your buffs and the enemy's INT (and magic evasion).

If I enable Acumen with a 20% potency Malaise bubble, then I'm seeing the following damage with the above set:

1. Fotia Gorget: 37387

2. Sibyl Scarf: 37372

3. Baetyl Pendant: 37359

4. Duelist's Torque +2 R25: 37211

I agree that you should almost certainly use Duelist's Torque +2 R25 for the magic accuracy. I'll update the set above. Many of the sets above have similar marginally worse swaps that should be used instead. I'll eventually get around to fixing all of these "issues."

I'm not sure how much magic evasion is appropriate for the test sets to properly show "high magic accuracy requirement." 800~1000 seems fine without Frazzle, but I haven't included it for the above sets.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xax
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Xax 2023-02-28 17:59:11
Link | Citer | R

I see Hitaki for NIN, Thibron for RDM, Cento for THF and BRD, Kraken (not magian, but same concept) for RNG. You mentioned about being stuck with Thibron on BLU.

That's almost like all relevant TP bonus magian weapons+jobs combinations. Only one missing is probably DNC, which is kinda funny, because it has probably highest base accuracy with it (A+ weapon, Accuracy bonus III and 64acc from gifts) and Quickstep can lower accuracy by 44 and cant be resisted.

I agree with BLU will almost always have Thibron on. its one of the most accurate jobs as it is. also locking sets to zantetsuken throws the sets off for Haste since itll factor in the 4 haste on the sword
By shabbok 2023-02-28 19:12:36
Link | Citer | R

This is amazing. I've been messing with it all day now. I only have two comments/questions so far.

1, Offhand weapons seem to be missing choices. For example, I would like to see what offhanding a Twashtar looks like in the formula. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

2. Can you add Charis Feather to the DNC gearsets? It's absolutely still used on crit WSs.
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14