How Common Is Lilith Gear In AMAN Trove?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How common is Lilith gear in AMAN Trove?
How common is Lilith gear in AMAN Trove?
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-23 17:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Lady won't drop her pants. I've been 4/5 for a very long time on 2 characters.

For people that sell lots of orbs, do you see her gear often? I assume because I need only 1 piece that the odds are very bad.

Feel free to joke thread, I need some thing to read while I keep doing this.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-23 17:44:14
Link | Citer | R

The pool is very large, and there are a lot of garbage drops. However I got 2-3 pieces in about 60-70 mars. It's random, so you could go 200 and see 0, however that's what I got.

Keep in mind that just as with Lillith, if you are 4/5, go in alone and a piece you have drops it will be auto deleted before you even see it.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-23 18:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Just get some friends or shout for people in similar situations and do difficulty accordingly. My chars were stuck 4/5 for ages on the hands, all of em was the hands. Stop soloing E or VE and team up!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
Serveur: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-02-23 19:37:02
Link | Citer | R

I was 4/5 too for a very long time and even "took a break" a few times over it...(cough uninstalled cough)

It gets maddening doing Lilith E's over and over and the "phantom" drop mechanic mentioned above is just stupid.

On Asura there such an ample amount of orb buyers its at least not uncommon to see various malig for sale /yells from trove drops from time to time, and thats how I personally finally got 5/5 and it was worth every last gil for the peace of mind.

Lilith Sucks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-23 20:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Just get some friends or shout for people in similar situations and do difficulty accordingly. My chars were stuck 4/5 for ages on the hands, all of em was the hands. Stop soloing E or VE and team up!

Dattebayo! Believe it!

I can Duo N with SCH + RNG. We can kill the add so long as it's not the BLM. Doesn't make her drop her pants and is extremely slow.

No one wants to go do Lilith "for fun". People already went through that hell, I'm not making them go back for more.
By Draylo 2023-02-23 21:25:25
Link | Citer | R

You have higher drop chance at higher difficulty, it never changed. It takes very little time to do VD, and especially if multiple people need different items, which is the point. I never even used the word "for fun" either
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Rips 2023-02-23 23:13:05
Link | Citer | R

The chances of seeing malignance in trove is medium-rare. Just like how a normal person enjoys their steak.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-02-24 00:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
How common is Lilith gear in AMAN Trove?

-> Uncommon
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2023-02-24 02:04:20
Link | Citer | R

i am 2/5 on lilith gear from trove. yet to see a piece drop fighting lilith other then hat when I went in one time with a group and killed her on VD
[+]
By macsdf1 2023-02-24 02:33:57
Link | Citer | R

I've gotten 2 things from my troves
jack, and ***.
[+]
By Ahbon 2023-02-24 07:05:49
Link | Citer | R

I rather fight her then AMAN Trove ... just keep killing her on farming mentality don't think about which piece will drop ..
[+]
 Phoenix.Criky
user: ojofer
By Phoenix.Criky 2023-02-25 08:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Lol "Very little time"... OK... Lillith is literally one of the most difficult fights in the game still
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-02-25 10:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Criky said: »
Lillith is literally one of the most difficult fights in the game still

Some people are just not built to get Lilith gear.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-02-25 10:42:34
Link | Citer | R

SE buffed the Lilith HTBF recently or something?
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2023-02-25 11:00:59
Link | Citer | R

Similar to draylo, I've been stuck on hands for a while and ended up deciding I didn't really need them and gave up. I'll probably have to pick it up again if I find a job I wanna play that can equip malig but whose emp+2 doesn't have dt in that slot (edit: or just use nyame).
Code
PS D:\Standalone\Windower\logs> Select-String -Path "*.log" -Pattern "on Lady Lilith"|Select-String -Pattern "malignance"

Enochroot_2021.09.12.log:17367:11:58:00You find a malignance earring on Lady Lilith.
Enochroot_2021.10.05.log:4899:19:20:01You find a malignance sword on Lady Lilith.
Enochroot_2021.10.09.log:35794:22:47:54You find a malignance pole on Lady Lilith.
Enochroot_2021.11.23.log:10248:18:33:23You find a malignance tabard on Lady Lilith.
Enochroot_2021.11.24.log:26590:23:17:40You find a pair of malignance boots on Lady Lilith.
Enochroot_2021.12.05.log:7638:19:54:03You find a pair of malignance tights on Lady Lilith.
Enochroot_2021.12.10.log:23830:20:13:28You find a malignance chapeau on Lady Lilith.

PS D:\Standalone\Windower\logs> Select-String -Path "*.log" -Pattern "defeats Lady Lilith"|Measure-Object

Count    : 769
[+]
By Nariont 2023-02-25 11:04:27
Link | Citer | R

The only difficult part about lilith is keeping your sanity if you go the VE-E spam route, can save yourself a lot of pain if you can manage to get a few people and spam D-VD instead. Following this logic shinryu is probably the toughest fight in the game really
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-02-25 11:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Lol "Very little time"... OK... Lillith is literally one of the most difficult fights in the game still

I’ve been off the game for a few years now but unless SE Changed the fight in some way, it’s a simple VD fight to complete with a decent setup; at least as long as you push directly for the kill and make no attempts to farm the adds.

I did it alone with multi-box method and got 5/5 on my main and 3~pieces on my Alts in about a month or two? It was 60-something fights. Setup was SAM, WHM, GEO, COR, BRD leaving one extra spot if desired. Helped a couple LS mates get some pieces and actually sold a few runs for a profit as well using Eijin’s method:

https://youtu.be/BBRr6lBMkvo

The most important part of this strat imo is having a strong SAM. Mine was top tier at that time but it looks like the power creep has been VERY extensive since then so it’s probably even easier now. My GEO alt doesn’t even have Idris yet and my BRD didn’t have Honor March at the time I was farming so having “De Bestest Buffs” isn’t super necessary, certainly helps a TON but you didn’t need a maxed out support squad to get it done. And you can probably do this with WAR or MNK now as well but SAM’s SP-2 makes it invulnerable to most of her attacks.

Iirc, VD forces at least 2 items to drop but there isn’t any “Dupe Protection” so what I did was hold onto everything that fell just so I wouldn’t get discouraged by dropped items that I already had. But despite that VD drop rates on Armor was quite high. Try to get some friends together, Smash her, re-up your 1-hours at Meebles and repeat. Should have some pieces in no time and probably MUCH faster than the RNG of Trove.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-25 12:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
SE buffed the Lilith HTBF recently or something?

The fight is the same, however there is an additonal penalty that wasn't there before. Master Levels. At least they realized the obvious mistake by taking that penalty away from Ambu.

Nariont said: »
The only difficult part about lilith is keeping your sanity if you go the VE-E spam route, can save yourself a lot of pain if you can manage to get a few people and spam D-VD instead. Following this logic shinryu is probably the toughest fight in the game really

Possibly, but I can solo Shinryu on VD with a RDM. Get Belnmont Rings and Nicander Neck and the only dangerous part of the fight goes away. With Lilith she has charm and can actually kill you pretty quick. When you're doing your death marches, you really don't want to add in the additional fatigue of "but what if it had dropped on that fight I lost?"
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2023-02-25 15:31:05
Link | Citer | R

I would suggest just making a group. With the gear creep from when it first came out doing wardens + Lilith oh VD should be faster than before. Ran a mix of shout/static groups and just made sure to tag everything with TH. we got about 5 or so full sets in 96 runs. Some runs were double drop gear.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-02-25 15:46:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Iirc, VD forces at least 2 items to drop but there isn’t any “Dupe Protection”

Lilith VD does not force any drops, it's much lower than other fights and there's some speculation that VD droprate isn't even higher than N without killing wardens.

If you're going to do higher difficulty, make sure you're able to clear wardens.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Serveur: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-02-25 16:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Lilith and Shinryu both use dropslots.

Shinryu is almost a guaranteed x2 dropslots on VD, with a ratio roughly of:

Dropslot = 99% accessory/1% everything else
I'm at 4 non accessory drops in over 450 VD Shin kills, so it could be as bad as 99.5%/0.5% since 90% of the time it's x2 dropslots.

Lilith only has 1 dropslot whether you do very easy or very difficult, the extra dropslots come from killing wardens.

The rate of Malignance gear seems to be roughly 10% in the dropslot.

Putting that into perspective, running Lilith on Easy with TH4 was roughly a 40% dropslot rate for me, back before I could spam her on VD, so also had a large test pool with TH4 on easy.

If it takes a decent amount of effort to win on Lilith VD for someone, most likely not worth it if not killing wardens, all you're doing is changing a 40% chance at the dropslot on easy, to a 100% chance for that same dropslot on VD.

So TH only affects dropslot rates in these 2 fights, not actual drops, just like King Behemoth.(although you still see ppl fighting KB as thf and dragging it out with TH even though the dropslot is guaranteed and a 95% pixie earring/5% D ring ratio).
[+]
 Asura.Lordtrey
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2023-02-25 16:57:47
Link | Citer | R

It doesnt take a lot of effeort to win VD, just being smart. have melees sub drk and on the first half have them spam thier absorb-tp spell and use a subtle blow capped DD (mnk is the easy choice) to kill the first stage. Bring a smn and perfect def the second stage and kill it fast. reset 1hrs and repeat.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-02-25 17:03:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lordtrey said: »
It doesnt take a lot of effeort to win VD, just being smart. have melees sub drk and on the first half have them spam thier absorb-tp spell and use a subtle blow capped DD (mnk is the easy choice) to kill the first stage. Bring a smn and perfect def the second stage and kill it fast. reset 1hrs and repeat.
Totally agree, if you have the ppl or setup to do it, but many ppl are soloists, and for a high percentage of the ffxi playerbase, VD Lilith isn't easy.

Even your strat can be made easier, I simply super buff a drk, cor, and brd, run into the middle, drag her away from peripheral agons, have 3k tp with sekenoki, pop soul enslavement, double torcleaver with 2nd at 3k tp, already half her hp gone, savage and torcleaver spam, first form dead in 15 seconds.

Switch to apocalypse for 2nd form, catastrophe or cross reaper with savage blades, fight over in 45 seconds, both forms.

Soul enslavement does enough for x3 super buffed dd to not allow her any tp.

(Of course my strat isn't viable for killing wardens, just for quick VD spamming).
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-25 17:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I don't have evidence but it should follow the logic of every single other HTB. But, just from my experience, I've helped so many people with Malignance and it was always better to do VD than anything lower. I've done countless on E also when I was too lazy to get friends to join or use my mules and the drop rate is just horrid. All that aside, the fight is not that hard anymore with all the gear we've gotten and even someone just posted a SMN and GEO duo not long ago since the pet update.

You can also use the typical TP denial strat with a MNK That is the beauty of the game, theres so many ways to complete things. This should be what ppl wanted anyways, gotta grind and not get everything handed to you. The sad part is not many people have done videos or strats on farming the wardens since all the gear upgrades. They would all rather solo E and complain nobody teams up
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-02-25 17:40:49
Link | Citer | R

I've done countless on E also when I was too lazy to get friends to join or use my mules and the drop rate is just horrid.

There are a lot of variables as to why that was the case for you.

When you were doing easy, did you always have someone missing all 5/5 pieces? or were you doing easy because you said, "I've done countless on E also when I was too lazy to get friends to join or use my mules", was this because you were chasing your last/last couple of pieces?

When you were helping people it was most likely cos they were missing a lot of pieces?

at a 10% malig rate on the dropslot, that ends up way lower once you get to 4/5 malig pieces, because 10% of the time a malig piece will drop, 4/5 of those times it'll be the wrong one and none will drop if everyone has.

And yeah, as I said in my post, a 100% dropslot is better than a 40% rate lol, so of course it's still gonna have a better droprate, I was only alluding to the effort for that 100%.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2023-02-25 17:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I don't have evidence but it should follow the logic of every single other HTB. But, just from my experience, I've helped so many people with Malignance and it was always better to do VD than anything lower. I've done countless on E also when I was too lazy to get friends to join or use my mules and the drop rate is just horrid. All that aside, the fight is not that hard anymore with all the gear we've gotten and even someone just posted a SMN and GEO duo not long ago since the pet update.

You can also use the typical TP denial strat with a MNK That is the beauty of the game, theres so many ways to complete things. This should be what ppl wanted anyways, gotta grind and not get everything handed to you. The sad part is not many people have done videos or strats on farming the wardens since all the gear upgrades. They would all rather solo E and complain nobody teams up

I don’t think since the upgrades the start has changed at all.

Run/drk Geo/drk whm/drk cor rng (Brd or smn) still seem like the easiest way to farm VD and the wardens. Covered all the dmg types for wardens and can’t really result in any deaths.
By macsdf1 2023-02-25 18:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ramsy said: »

I don’t think since the upgrades the start has changed at all.

Run/drk Geo/drk whm/drk cor rng (Brd or smn) still seem like the easiest way to farm VD and the wardens. Covered all the dmg types for wardens and can’t really result in any deaths.

any videos on this strat? or a quick run down? I've got 5/5, solo farmed on VE, but if it's quick and easy with a group, maybe I can help get some pieces with friends who got none or little, or our mules.
By Nariont 2023-02-25 18:31:27
Link | Citer | R

https://youtu.be/xilp9tzpq38

is run/drk + sch + trusts doing VD, concepts basically the same

bop lilith til she uses a TP move then abs it away while warden is killed, rinse repeat for 2nd/3rd, then kill normally
[+]
First Page 2